Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #376  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
Hi everyone, this thread sounds very active and friendly .My name is Bev and I am new to IP today is day 5 so not sure what to expect. I had a little nausea yesterday and wondering if that is normal. I sure dont feel like I am losing weight as I love the food and not hungry at all. Once again is this normal? Any help and encouragement would be great. I have read the last 15 pages and everyone is doing fantastic. Hope I will be there on day also .
Hi Bev! Welcome to IP & to the Fab 50s thread! You're past the worst part, and at your first WI you'll see that it was so worth it Ketosis is a wonderful thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I'm not going anywhere. I'm not a big social person as it is and between some retirement financial issues and stress and the stress from transitioning to Phase 3, I've sort of pulled into my shell for a bit. I'm just a lurker now. Sometimes, I get inspired to post. This part of this journey is much more individual/lonely than the Phase 1 is.

Take care, all.
Molly
I completely understand the inclination Molly. You have a lot on your plate right now. You know we're all here for you.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #377  

S/C/G: 229.8/223/175

Height: 5'8"

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I look forward to continuing on this program and getting this weight off! I will talk to my coach when I weigh in Wed morning and see what she has to say about splitting protein.

I tried several veggie recipes and I am loving turnip and kale chips even have DH eating them! Have to go out now and stock up on veggies.

Look forward to reading new posts later!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #378  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

'm not going anywhere. I'm not a big social person as it is and between some retirement financial issues and stress and the stress from transitioning to Phase 3, I've sort of pulled into my shell for a bit. I'm just a lurker now. Sometimes, I get inspired to post. This part of this journey is much more individual/lonely than the Phase 1 is.

Take care, all.
Molly
I guess any change - even the *good* ones - bring their own stresses.
We're here for you, and always love to hear from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post

I posted in the What Are You Wearing thread my new avatar pic with another action shot of me on the 70ft rappelling tower. Evepet, that pic is of me just before I jumped off the tower, so I'm on my way down rather than climbing up! . Lots of fun as long as you don't look down! I never would have even attempted this 35 lbs ago, but I had a blast!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...s-rappell2.jpg

I want to encourage so many new folks to just take one day at a time, follow the sheet, celebrate each individual pound, and encourage each other. I was so happy to find this forum and to be brave enough to start posting. It really made a difference for me since none of my friends were on a diet to share with. Also, reading this forum kept my hands busy and my mouth out of the kitchen!
You're a brave woman Fishette! Actually, typing your name makes me recall that you must have a birthday around now? Another fishie.... Mine's tomorrow! I'll be 62. I'm *celebrating* tomorrow by having a mammogram and getting some blood tests done (just routine stuff in preparation for my annual physical). So happy birthday to you, my fellow fishette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Hi Bev! Welcome to IP & to the Fab 50s thread! You're past the worst part, and at your first WI you'll see that it was so worth it Ketosis is a wonderful thing
Hi GreenIris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by workin2lose View Post
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I look forward to continuing on this program and getting this weight off! I will talk to my coach when I weigh in Wed morning and see what she has to say about splitting protein.

I tried several veggie recipes and I am loving turnip and kale chips even have DH eating them! Have to go out now and stock up on veggies.

Look forward to reading new posts later!!!
Hope your coach agrees with so many others who have obviously found it ok to split up the protein. It's all about making the plan work for you. What a nice side benefit that your DH is enjoying the healthy veggie fare too. Come back often. The 3FatChicks forum has reinforced me numerous times along this dieting journey. I really doubt that I'd be sitting here this much lighter, without the support of this forum. Thanks everyone!

-------

Just want to say 'Hello' to everyone who frequents this thread (posters and lurkers alike ). Have a great day.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

When I started the program I split my protein between lunch and dinner. I don't see where it makes a difference. The Phase 1 sheet is set as the majority of people would eat, the larger meal at dinner. It's just imperative that you get the protein in along with the protein packets. It's all part of the carefully calculated, balanced menu. The diet doesn't work if not followed (amounts, not necessarily timing). Remember, this is my opinion. I'm sure there are some others that might disagree and some coaches that would disagree. Like has been said stay 100%, 3 packets/bars, only 1 restricted a day, 4 cups of veggies, those can be spread however (some make a veggie omelet in the AM), and your 8oz of protein. Of course, the supplements and most important, the WATER. Drink, drink, drink, it's flushing the fat out.

With the welcome, please always feel free to ask questions. We all remember when we started and how lost and confusing it can be. There are quite a few, like me, that have been on the program a long time.

Hi Molly,
I'm sorry to hear about your stress, as Evepet said, sometimes the good things in life come with stress. My fingers are crossed all works out well.

Quote:

I posted in the What Are You Wearing thread my new avatar pic with another action shot of me on the 70ft rappelling tower. Evepet, that pic is of me just before I jumped off the tower, so I'm on my way down rather than climbing up! . Lots of fun as long as you don't look down! I never would have even attempted this 35 lbs ago, but I had a blast!

Fishette,
What a fabulous photo! You look wonderful! How brave you are...I've always wanted to try that. Would you recommend the particular all inclusive you went to? I would like to go to one.

Evepet,
My workouts have been strength training bootcamp in orientation. I ended up cranking out 50 men's pushups, doing 35 chin ups although had some assistance with those and many other exercises that were equally tough. The stress I have is associated with business, can't really talk about it. At the same time, I hosted a large dance dinner party for my husband's birthday with overnight guests so felt pulled from every direction. The worst is over and today is my first day back on program. The past couple of weeks has shown me how much I still need to develop in terms of stress management.

I welcome our new friends! Glad to have you join us!

Wishing all a great day!
Chloe
Old 02-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #380  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

I can now join - not sure if I'm happy about that or not LOL. Turned 50 Christmas Eve. This is my post IP body - size zero. Never going back.

Last edited by slow2lose; 02-25-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
Hi everyone, this thread sounds very active and friendly .My name is Bev and I am new to IP today is day 5 so not sure what to expect. I had a little nausea yesterday and wondering if that is normal. I sure dont feel like I am losing weight as I love the food and not hungry at all. Once again is this normal? Any help and encouragement would be great. I have read the last 15 pages and everyone is doing fantastic. Hope I will be there on day also .
welcome softail, this is a great thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by workin2lose View Post
Hello, I just started on the program on my 5th day and loving it!! I have been doing a lot of reading here and found some great recipes. I am confused though and hoping some of you can give me info. My coach has me eating 8 ounces of protein at dinner and I can't stand it.....she says I have to eat it then. I have been reading where others eat their protein through out he day. Would love to know what ever thinks of this. Trying to eat all that food at dinner makes me ill!

Thanks for any/all advice��
hello to you workin2lose, glad to have you here! And go ahead and split your protien, it's fine.

Quote:
Hi, 50+ friends!

I'm back from my Cancun trip. Haven't braved the scale yet, but my jeans that were comfy before I left are quite snug today. Once I get over the water retention from the plane ride I'll bite the bullet and step on the scale and then figure out what to do next. I ate mostly reasonably, which was a success in itself because I was at an all-inclusive, but I will admit to abundant amounts of piña colladas, Mai Tai, and cosmopolitans throughout each day! Aye-yi-yi-yi! No mas, por favor!

I want to encourage so many new folks to just take one day at a time, follow the sheet, celebrate each individual pound, and encourage each other. I was so happy to find this forum and to be brave enough to start posting. It really made a difference for me since none of my friends were on a diet to share with. Also, reading this forum kept my hands busy and my mouth out of the kitchen!

Welcome to maintenance, Wingnut.

Glad to hear from you, Rainbow.

I'm also grateful to Dana for starting this thread, so we can all hang together no matter what our phase or plans are.
Hi Fishette, sounds and looks like you had a wonderful time, love your new avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I guess any change - even the *good* ones - bring their own stresses.
We're here for you, and always love to hear from you.

You're a brave woman Fishette! Actually, typing your name makes me recall that you must have a birthday around now? Another fishie.... Mine's tomorrow! I'll be 62. I'm *celebrating* tomorrow by having a mammogram and getting some blood tests done (just routine stuff in preparation for my annual physical). So happy birthday to you, my fellow fishette.

Hi GreenIris!

Hope your coach agrees with so many others who have obviously found it ok to split up the protein. It's all about making the plan work for you. What a nice side benefit that your DH is enjoying the healthy veggie fare too. Come back often. The 3FatChicks forum has reinforced me numerous times along this dieting journey. I really doubt that I'd be sitting here this much lighter, without the support of this forum. Thanks everyone!

-------

Just want to say 'Hello' to everyone who frequents this thread (posters and lurkers alike ). Have a great day.
hope you have a wonderful day!

Hi everyone, just plugging along, had a pretty bad weekend, but today is a new day and started TOM, it's early but now I can blame something! Ha
Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #382  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Birthday to all you Pisces! Evepet, you are right that there are quite a few late Feb and March birthdays on this thread. I'll be officially over the hill at 56 on the 15th. That gives me 2 weeks to shed my vacation pounds. Then it will be springtime and I'm ready for more outdoor activities.

Chloe, we go every year to one of the Palace resorts: Sun Palace, Moon Palace, Playacar Palace, etc. PM me if you want to know more.

Welcome, Slow2lose. Sure, now you're over 50, but it beats the alternative! Enjoy!

Last edited by Fishette; 02-25-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 AM   #383  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Hey all! I have a lot to catch up on reading wise but I see we have some new posters. Welcome, make yourselves at home. Nice to have you join us.

Training classes are going on this week, so I've been wrapped up in that today and will be for the rest of the week. They like to lay out the food for these things where I work, so it's going to be a lot of temptations floating about for three more days. Having trouble sleeping but I guess while I'm up I should pre-make that salad to bring with for tomorrow (err today). Hmmm a cup of tea might be good too. Yep going to do that, and hopefully can get some sleep before it's time to get up.

Have a great week all. Not sure how much I'll get to post, but I'll try and keep reading here.

Barb
Old 02-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #384  

SLOW2Lose you look fabulous as do you YESMYQUEEN!

GREAT DAY TODAY!!!! I'm OFFICIALLY in ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #385  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post

Congrats Maezy!! So happy to see you are still having great success with IP!!!! Keep up the fabulous work!!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #386  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Congratulations Maezy! So happy for you!!!!

Hello all! I'm up a few lbs again, so still working on refining maintenance. VIP said last night he wants to join me in eating healthier for a while, as he wants to lose "a few lbs." (Actually he has lost 2 pants sizes since I began IP last May, but he should still lose at least another 50. So I'm really happy he said this!)

Happy Birthday to all the Pisces! I too celebrate another year soon (55) - on the first day of Spring! I never dread having a birthday because it is ALWAYS better than the alternative! LOL

Slowtolose - you look FABULOUS!! Size -0- huh? Wow, that's amazing

Teena - sorry you had a bad weekend. Hopefully this week will make up for it.

Another storm moving into MI today, but we might get lucky up here...it isn't supposed to come this far north. Friday night I'm getting together with "the girls" and we're going to "plan our summer gardens" and look at some diy garden crafty projects...while sharing a bottle or two of wine! I am soooo looking forward to it

Have a great afternoon!

Last edited by greeniris; 02-26-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #387  

S/C/G: 229.8/223/175

Height: 5'8"

Today was my first weigh in and I am so happy down 6 pounds in 5 days!!! Wahooooo......look forward to continuing and losing more! I will be working the next 3 days so I am worried about staying on program!! My hardest time is at work. I have even though about hanging a sign around my neck that says "Please don't feed the nurse!" ����

Hope everyone is having a good day, happy birthday to all the Pisces!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #388  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

To all you Picses.

Be safe those of you in the path of winter storm Rocky.

Molly
Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #389  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post

yea welcome to ONDERLAND! Good job no where to go but down.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #390  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Congratulations, Maezy! Woo-Hoo on Onederland!!

Weigh to go, workin2lose! You've got this!

Hang in there, HalfAgain. Just say 'no', and remember that quote: if hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the answer.

Looks like my high time on the beach cost me 5 pounds, so back to Phase 1 I go...
Closed Thread