Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #406  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Page 2, disgraceful. Where is everyone? Fishette posted first thing this morning and it's been quiet since.

I was gone most of yesterday. Last night Barb (halfagain) and I had dinner together and then hours of great conversation. She's flying home right now. So fun to meet up with another IPer.

I've added my latest photo to my weight loss journey collage.

Lets here from the rest of us fabulous 50+.

Molly
Old 03-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #407  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Zowie, Molly! Your new pic looks amazing! You must be so proud of all you have accomplished. What a great way to start retirement.

I'm loving the new me, but I've been too busy and it's been too cold to go shopping. Looking forward to a trip to LA later this month. Think I'll bring a big suitcase and spend every evening after work at the mall. I just wear boring suits to work everyday, but I'm looking forward to finding some neat things to wear on the weekends.

Has anyone been to a Broadway show lately? I'm thinking I'll take my husband and some good friends to NYC next summer to celebrate his 60th. I heard Spider-Man was good...
Old 03-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #408  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! Nothing much new or exciting at my end but thought I'd pop in and say hello. Was a milder, sunny day here today so I took advantage of it by taking the afternoon off and taking a good long walk. Got some errands done and enjoyed lots of fresh air and walking at the same time.

I finally gave in tonight and hauled my suitcase full of formerly-too-small summer clothes down from the top shelf in my spare closet and tried on the slacks that were still too small for me last summer. The size 10s (which is the smallest size I've worn in around 30 years) are almost too big. I'm not really caring about getting much smaller and don't want to invest in a whole new wardrobe so I'm going to be phasing out soon. I would like to hang in with P1 until I get to 147-148 lbs, but that's it. I think I've fixed 150 in my mind as my ceiling weight for maintenance. But I hope that those additional -4 lbs come from my remaining tummy flab.

Molly - I really like your new update photo. Thx for sharing.

Joysh - congrat on the -75 lbs!! That's fantastic!

YesMyQueen & HalfAgain - congrats on the -1lb loss YesMyQueen - I agree absolutely with HalfAgain - every pound counts!!! I still have a picture of 1 lb of fat sitting beside a coffee mug posted up on my fridge door to remind me of that very thing. It shows that 1 lb of fat takes up about the same space as a coffee mug. For whatever reasons, my weight loss journey has included a LOT of -1 lb weeks and when I see that picture it reminds me every time of how those individual one pound loses add up over time.

Maezy - sorry to hear about hubby's health problem. Hope it's fairly easily mended.

.... and 'Hi!' to everyone else that I haven't mentioned in person!

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #409  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Page 2, disgraceful. Where is everyone? Fishette posted first thing this morning and it's been quiet since.

I was gone most of yesterday. Last night Barb (halfagain) and I had dinner together and then hours of great conversation. She's flying home right now. So fun to meet up with another IPer.

Molly
Molly it was so nice to get to visit with you and meet you in person. Thanks again for coming to see me. Your new photo is terrific. I'm so happy for your success, it is very inspiring.

Well I posted on the 100% thread, but somehow I managed to gain 3.4 lbs over the week. I know I stayed on plan, and so the reason for this has to be other than fat gain. Heck I was below 1000 calories each day too. Unless I'm the amazing calorie absorbing woman who can gain by looking at the things they layed out for the training group for breakfast and lunch, I don't see how it could be fat. Anyway I'm thinking I should balance out over this coming week regardless.

Have a great day all!

Barb
Old 03-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 160/160/145

Height: 5'6"

Question What is IP?

I am new to this forum and have to ask the silly question "what is IP?" I am 58 and need inspiration!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #411  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp751 View Post
I am new to this forum and have to ask the silly question "what is IP?" I am 58 and need inspiration!
IP=Ideal Protein

Ideal Protein is a formal dieting program that all of us on this section of 3FatChicks follow, either using the Ideal Protein products exclusively on their own, or through some combination of suitable alternative products which still meet the criteria of the program protocol. Here's a link that will give you the basics of the Ideal Protein Dieting Program.
http://www.idealprotein.com/ca/home
Old 03-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #412  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Barb- I always retain water when I travel. However, when I was under a lot of stress, like when both my mother and my granddaughter were in the hospital at the same time but 150 miles apart, even though I stayed OP I did not loose any weight. Things will probably balance out in a week or so.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Barb- I always retain water when I travel. However, when I was under a lot of stress, like when both my mother and my granddaughter were in the hospital at the same time but 150 miles apart, even though I stayed OP I did not loose any weight. Things will probably balance out in a week or so.
Yes many people have mentioned unexplained gains after flying. Probably is water retention.

Pat
Old 03-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #414  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Yes many people have mentioned unexplained gains after flying. Probably is water retention.

Pat
Thank you both. I figured it had to be something like that. I certainly stayed OP, so it has to be other than food related to the gain. It's not a huge deal in the grand scope of things
Old 03-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #415  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Sunday morning, ladies! Molly - your new photo looks great! And so exciting that you and Barb were able to get together. Nice to see you checking in on the maintainers thread now!

Fishette - I am going to get a new avatar one of these days... I still have this issue with photos, even though I'm almost 60 pounds lighter.... Need to get past that.

Evepet - I think you asked about maintenance calories a few pages back. My sweet spot seems to be an average of 1,850 daily. Sounds like a lot compared to phase 1, 2, or even 3, I know, but I've been able to stick right around 143 pounds at that level. (And I am not terribly active - exercise consists of walking the dog about 2 miles daily.)

Had a second and third job interview this week, so it looks promising. This will be a pretty stressful job, and that would be a challenge for me - eating has definitely been my way to cope with stress in the past. Glad I've got a few months of maintenance behind me and I'm in a good routine. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #416  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Lizzy63 - wishing you the best on the job issue!

Molly & Halfagain - so glad to see you two were able to get together! I'm looking forward to seeing you again, Molly, again this summer.

Halfagain - my first thought was water retention too. I'm sure it will disappear in a couple of days.

I haven't been on much lately, and miss you all. Still struggling with stress-related eating, so my up-lbs are not going away. Am nearly 10 lbs over were I'd like to be. I'm confident I'll get rid of it sooner than later, but really have to find healthier ways of dealing with stress. Thought exercising regularly would help, but not so far. Will give it more time, and work on getting back to the right frame of mind.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #417  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

Molly
Your photo looks so good Molly, I'm in need for a new photo, and I would love to see you now lizzy.

Happy Sunday all, been having a bit of a tuff time but hanging in there, could do a little better but doing ok. Sounds like Molly and Halfagain had a nice meeting, I'm jealous. Wouldn't it be so wonderful to meet everyone, well anyway I think of you all often, best wishes.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #418  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Halfagain - do you always weigh in wearing the same clothes? I have a "weigh in outfit" that I wear every week, that way there are no clothing-related surprises. It is true that flying will make you retain water, as will taking any kind of pain reliever.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #419  
6/26/12 start 355

I went back a bit I missed some posts :-)
Quote:

Has anyone been to a Broadway show lately? I'm thinking I'll take my husband and some good friends to NYC next summer to celebrate his 60th. I heard Spider-Man was good...
Not I, but Spider-Man sound cool. Let us know what you decide on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi everyone! Nothing much new or exciting at my end but thought I'd pop in and say hello. Was a milder, sunny day here today so I took advantage of it by taking the afternoon off and taking a good long walk. Got some errands done and enjoyed lots of fresh air and walking at the same time.

I finally gave in tonight and hauled my suitcase full of formerly-too-small summer clothes down from the top shelf in my spare closet and tried on the slacks that were still too small for me last summer. The size 10s (which is the smallest size I've worn in around 30 years) are almost too big. I'm not really caring about getting much smaller and don't want to invest in a whole new wardrobe so I'm going to be phasing out soon. I would like to hang in with P1 until I get to 147-148 lbs, but that's it. I think I've fixed 150 in my mind as my ceiling weight for maintenance. But I hope that those additional -4 lbs come from my remaining tummy flab.
Being a little to small for 10's sounds pretty exciting to me :-) You have done so well. Those 4 lbs will be done very soon. I sure understand the desire to see areas give way to the weight loss. I'm hoping my waist makes more of an appearance soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Evepet - I think you asked about maintenance calories a few pages back. My sweet spot seems to be an average of 1,850 daily. Sounds like a lot compared to phase 1, 2, or even 3, I know, but I've been able to stick right around 143 pounds at that level. (And I am not terribly active - exercise consists of walking the dog about 2 miles daily.)

Had a second and third job interview this week, so it looks promising. This will be a pretty stressful job, and that would be a challenge for me - eating has definitely been my way to cope with stress in the past. Glad I've got a few months of maintenance behind me and I'm in a good routine. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Congratulations on the job interviews. That's such a great sign. Keeping my fingers crossed for sure for you. I'm glad you have a calorie goal that works for you. I am excited to find my number that I want to sort of hang out at in maintenance. That's a few months off yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Lizzy63 - wishing you the best on the job issue!

Molly & Halfagain - so glad to see you two were able to get together! I'm looking forward to seeing you again, Molly, again this summer.

Halfagain - my first thought was water retention too. I'm sure it will disappear in a couple of days.

I haven't been on much lately, and miss you all. Still struggling with stress-related eating, so my up-lbs are not going away. Am nearly 10 lbs over were I'd like to be. I'm confident I'll get rid of it sooner than later, but really have to find healthier ways of dealing with stress. Thought exercising regularly would help, but not so far. Will give it more time, and work on getting back to the right frame of mind.
Thanks Greeniris. I'm sure you will get something together for the stress. Keep trying. I am afraid I sometimes shop.. which is bad too. I need to do more knitting :-) and use up some of my stash, but sadly I tend to start projects and not finish them. I took this week off, but there's meetings I still have to go to, so it's not like I can fully get away from work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Your photo looks so good Molly, I'm in need for a new photo, and I would love to see you now lizzy.

Happy Sunday all, been having a bit of a tuff time but hanging in there, could do a little better but doing ok. Sounds like Molly and Halfagain had a nice meeting, I'm jealous. Wouldn't it be so wonderful to meet everyone, well anyway I think of you all often, best wishes.
It would be so fun to have a get together. That cruise we dream about on the main forum... that would be fun. I better hurry up and buy a lottery ticket.
Sorry you've had a tuff time, but glad you are hanging in there. You got this

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Halfagain - do you always weigh in wearing the same clothes? I have a "weigh in outfit" that I wear every week, that way there are no clothing-related surprises. It is true that flying will make you retain water, as will taking any kind of pain reliever.
I do the IP protocol without a coach, so I get to wear one of two nighties I usually switch between. So basically very skimpy wear when I weigh. Sadly my gain was even in one of those outfits.

Well I should have been chugging extra water today (and yesterday) but I haven't been. I'm not a big water drinker, but it would really help with my current situation. Guess I'll get busy on that (it's only 5 PM) and see how that does.

I'm making chicken vegetable soup tonight and I'm going to try out the Xanthan gum I picked up last week. Hope it's great! I bought a couple quest bars at GNC the other day. I really like how they taste, but both times I had one, I didn't feel very well afterwards (upset stomach). I ordered a 12 bar assortment box that should be coming next week. Maybe DH will like them, or DS. Not sure why they would do that.. but maybe I'll try one more time just to be sure it's them and not residual travel/stress related.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:37 AM   #420  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Lizzy63 -

I just realized that we are almost exactly in the same boat! I say almost because you are an inch taller than me but the exact same weight. That is 15 pounds up for me, 5 of those pounds came instantly when I phased off. The other 10 came with a too merry December.
Phase 1 is not making a dent in it this time. But we have time to get this under control before the summer clothes have to fit. But I'm not having any unusual stress so that is not a cause for me. We will figure this out. Exercising is not helping in my case either.

Pat

Pat
Closed Thread