Old 03-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #391  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Today I got to do two things that made all the sacrifice of the last 6 weeks worthwhile!!

1. Cleaned out my closet, tried on all my clothes and now I have a heaping pile that is too big for me at the far end of my closet.

2. Went shopping for a new pair of jeans. I actually went to Old Navy (where I dared not venture 6 weeks ago) and bought a pair of 38" waist jeans. The people there must have thought I was nuts because I had the biggest smile on my face leaving there, knowing that I hadn't worn 38s since about 1991!!!

Lovin' the IP!! Big WI tomorrow...
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #392  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Congrats Tony!

I got some movement on a couple of fronts (well 1 front and 1 back). My scale has finally started moving more than an oz at a time and I finally got some movement of the most important nature for once this week
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #393  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Congrats Tony!

I got some movement on a couple of fronts (well 1 front and 1 back). My scale has finally started moving more than an oz at a time and I finally got some movement of the most important nature for once this week
Nice! Two of life's more underrated pleasures!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 250/195/190

Height: 5'11.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadedge View Post

2. Went shopping for a new pair of jeans. I actually went to Old Navy (where I dared not venture 6 weeks ago) and bought a pair of 38" waist jeans. The people there must have thought I was nuts because I had the biggest smile on my face leaving there, knowing that I hadn't worn 38s since about 1991!!!
Great Job! I understand the goofy smiles.

Made it out to a consignment shop this weekend. Bought 34s down from 40s
Love being able to pay 12.00 for a pair of jeans! Also bought a hoodie in size L. I am amazed with how fast things are happening.
Success is Messy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #395  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Odd I am looking forward to the WI this week also. When I was doing weight watchers with the group I use to hate the WI with a passion. Things likes macaroni and cheese, ice cream and that sort of crap, I have no stop bottom, until I am in a carb comma. Keeping this weight off will have to be a top priority in my life as I know carbs to me are like crack-cocaine to addicts.

I have been to the promise land before (under 240) this time it is not coming back on. What does my role model say? There is no taste like skinny!

2 year old grand daughter birthday party on Saturday. Wife almost caved on a piece of birthday cake. I was there to encourage her not to go to the dark side.

I went shopping at Carson Perry Scotts with the wife. Normally when the wife and I get close I peel off and head for Starbucks cuz there isn’t anything in there that’s going to fit me. I actually went in this time and bought a couple of pairs of 42’s pants! Poor, poor DXL will just have to find other customers.

Great to see the new comers. I can’t express how many ‘diets’ I have been on before, but this one rocks!
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #396  

S/C/G: 282 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Today I got to do two things that made all the sacrifice of the last 6 weeks worthwhile!!

1. Cleaned out my closet, tried on all my clothes and now I have a heaping pile that is too big for me at the far end of my closet.

Old Navy has been the only place I buy clothes while on IP. I like not having to spend more than $19 on jeans that will only fit me for a couple of weeks.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #397  
IP Start 01/25/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBears60 View Post
I can’t express how many ‘diets’ I have been on before, but this one rocks!
I've probably been on 1 diet every 2 years since I was 8 (I started IP on my 49th birthday) and this is the 1st one I have never cheated on. I don't feel the need and I'm perfectly happy with the way it is going. I'm not losing as much on the scale as I'd like to see but I'm losing weight in places I never did before and THAT is one of the things I like about this.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #398  

S/C/G: 282/240/190

Height: 5' 10"

Hey fellas! Just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone. I went out of town for a few days and bam...this thread blows up with all sorts of new guys! I wanna welcome everyone to our humble home away from home.

The scale would not give me the 230's this morning...It kept teetering at 239.9 and 240.0...and of course, it decided on the 240.0! Gonna have to have a little man to man talk with that little thing and let it know that he is easily replaceable!!! Soon enough though......it will happen.

I leave for vacation on Thursday morning and this week is gonna be pretty busy for me. I did tell myself before I started that if I was 245 prior to my trip that I would treat myself...and I did exceed my goal. So...I see some cold, frosty beverages in my near future!
HornsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #399  

Good WI today, I shed another 4lbs.

So my vacation starts on Friday and I'm heading out on a cruise. Normally, I can't wait to go on one but for those who haven't cruised before it is basically a 9 day feeding frenzy so there is definitely some trepidation here. Its sort of like an alcoholic going to Oktoberfest for a vacation!!

My coaches started me on a 2 day Phase 2 today then a 2 day Phase 3 on Wednesday and Thursday. My goal is to basically do a modified Phase 3 throughout the trip. Obviously, the booze will be an issue but I'm gonna try and keep it to 2 drinks/day (after not a drop in 6 weeks!). The other thing will be to take advantage of all the exercise equipment and I hope to work out every day.

Basically, I hope to stay pretty steady but not go over 255 by the time I get back! This is the ultimate test for me...wish me luck!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #400  

PS: Royal Caribbean cruises always have a Mr. Best Body competition and my wife wants me to enter. If I somehow get the stones to do that...there will definitely be pics to come!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 306.5/TICKER/175

Height: 5'6"

I want a vacation!
Really wanted to do a cruise this year, maybe next year.
Guess I will settle for kayaking this summer, can't wait to get in the kayak, it should float much higher in the water this year. 49 less pound so far is going to make it much more fun. April 1st my brother, and dad are taking a 15 mile trip down the Winchester Wasteway, in central Washington. Should be a blast.
kitcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #402  

S/C/G: 250/195/190

Height: 5'11.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcamper View Post
Guess I will settle for kayaking this summer, can't wait to get in the kayak, it should float much higher in the water this year. 49 less pound so far is going to make it much more fun. April 1st my brother, and dad are taking a 15 mile trip down the Winchester Wasteway, in central Washington. Should be a blast.
Kit, I fell in love with Washington last fall. Tagged along with the wife on a business trip to Richland. Drove over to Puyllap to visit my great Uncle. Spent time in Seattle then back to wine country. The seafood, produce, wine and beer in the state made me a happy man.
One of the few places I would trade the southern fried states for.
Success is Messy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #403  

S/C/G: 306.5/TICKER/175

Height: 5'6"

Success,
I am one of the few natives around here, born and raised. Love it here in the summer, getting a bit tired of the gray and rain in the winter though. Thinking of being a snow bird when I retire, or at least eastern Washington. It is a little colder in the winter but, more sun.
kitcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #404  
IP Start 01/25/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcamper View Post
Success,
I am one of the few natives around here, born and raised. Love it here in the summer, getting a bit tired of the gray and rain in the winter though. Thinking of being a snow bird when I retire, or at least eastern Washington. It is a little colder in the winter but, more sun.
I grew up in N. ID and lived all over WA (Spokane, Kent, Yakima). Seattle, during the summer, when the sun is shining, is one of the most beautiful places on earth. You have Rainier, the Sound, mountains, a fairly clean city. The only problem is the summer isn't long enough and the sun doesn't shine that frequently. When we lived in Kent we had 96 consecutive days of rain. Even not considering the traffic, that was reason enough to get out of there. Still love to visit though. In the summer. If the sun is shining.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #405  

S/C/G: 282 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'11"

I was stationed at McChord AFB years ago. I wasn't a big fan of Tacoma but I loved the surrounding areas. I have considered moving back to the PacNW in the next 5 - 10 years.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote