Old 07-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 262/226/160

Height: 5ft2

I made turnip fries yesterday and they were very good! Need to get a few more seasoning but so simple and easy
HeatherRedstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #77  
IP start: 7/2/13

S/C/G: 200/164.5/130

Height: 5'6" Age: 35

I did a search for buffalo chicken dip, to see if there was already a recipe posted somewhere using the IP chicken patty packet. I didn't find anything, so I created one today using Frank's Hot Wing Buffalo Sauce, WF Blue Cheese Dressing, a little bit of garlic powder and sea salt, and a splash of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. Heated in a small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring frequently, til bubbly. Served with celery sticks, it's pretty good!

Sorry my measurements aren't specific; I tend to just eyeball when I cook.

Last edited by undrwelmd; 07-24-2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: photo link didn't work
undrwelmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 170/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Default sweet vanilla icing

Im new here and not sure if this recipe has already been posted but if you love icing as much as I do then this is for you! Just take a vanilla pudding packet and whisk it with 5oz of ice cold water(whisk do not shake it is creamier this way) then add a stevia packet(optional) and a few sprinkles of cinnamon and you have cinnamon vanilla icing! its so delicious and sweet, especially for those times I dont necessarily want chocolate but just something that tastes sugary. Hope you enjoy! thanks to everyone who has been posting all these wonderful recipes!

Last edited by jojobananas; 07-24-2013 at 02:59 PM.
jojobananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default Maple Oatmeal Biscuits

Maple Oatmeal Biscuits

Try making these delicious warm treats by adding an egg white to 2 packets of the Ideal Protein maple oatmeal mix, then slowly mixing in 1 to 2 oz. of water until mixture thins a bit. Spoon onto a non-stick sheet and bake at 400 F until golden brown (about 10 min). Yum! Makes 2 servings of restricted I.P. food.

Enjoy with Walden Farms Strawberry Spread

For more recipe ideas visit wellnesschoice.com/weightloss

yum!
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 262/226/160

Height: 5ft2

I made cauliflower rice last night and it was amazing!!
HeatherRedstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #81  

bump for laurie
Art3mis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 170/163/135

has anyone ever tried making the ice-cream (the recipe when you use the ice cube trays) with the chocolate pudding?
jojobananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 188/180/150

Height: 5'7

Default Orange Chocolate pudding

I just tried my Chocolate pudding made w room temp Wild Orange Tazo Tea. I brewed the tea in 7 oz. water. Let it cool to room temp. The whisked together with IP Chocolate pudding packet in small bowl w lid. Then I placed it in freezer for about an hour. Yummy! However I would let the tea brew longer. At least 10-15 minutes to get a stronger orange flavor.
DrPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hi

I am of Lebanese origins and I grew up eating salads with this dressing, I mean we really did not have any other dressing for a salad other than this one, we never bought a dressing bottle from the store, we never had those back then and when we said salad, it meant this. Believe me it is delicious! Thanks for posting
I am 1/2 Lebanese and this is exactly what I grew up on too. We add Sumac to the salad dressing for an extra kick, it is really hard to find though and my mom gets it at a speciality store, but it is worth the hunt.
I can do anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #85  
Missintuitive

S/C/G: 240.4/191.6/140

Height: 5'4''

CHILI MAC-Phase 1

I made this today for dinner and it was YUMMY! It wasn't thick bc we can't use thickeners but it was hearty and great and will probably be an even better winter recipe.

1 package sliced mushrooms or baby Bella mushrooms
1/2 green onion diced(can be more depending on your taste)
1 lb lean ground turkey, beef, or chicken
1 package tofu macaroni (House foods Tofu Shirataki-20 cal/one net carb-2 servings for the whole package)
2 cups diced tomatoes or one can undrained diced tomatoes (make sure no added sugar)
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp season salt
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1-2 tsp red crushed pepper
1 tbsp hot sauce
1-2 packets stevia (optional)

1. Spray a non-stick pan with Pam and add mushrooms and salt. Cook until almost soft and add diced green pepper. Cook until peppers are crisp tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Brown ground meat. Add seasoned salt. While meat is browsing, open and rinse tofu noodles in a strainer.
3. Cook meat until just done. Drain and stir in mushroom pepper mixture.
4. Stir in tomatoes, crushed red pepper, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and hot sauce to taste.
5. Stir in Tofu noodles. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let summer for 10-15 minutes.
6. Taste and if too hot stir in stevia.

You can also stir in onions after cooking.

Makes 4 servings.
missintuitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #86  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

Added a little bit of almond extract to my IP choc pudding last night for my 'snack'... it was a nice change.. just don't add too much! Almond extract gets a little strong...

Oh... just a thought... is it considered a 'nut' if its extract? (Maybe should have asked myself that last night...)
FrostyBobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBobber View Post
Added a little bit of almond extract to my IP choc pudding last night for my 'snack'... it was a nice change.. just don't add too much! Almond extract gets a little strong...

Oh... just a thought... is it considered a 'nut' if its extract? (Maybe should have asked myself that last night...)
NOT considered a nut so you are safe!! Nuts are high fat, extracts are not!
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #88  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

Thanks!! Whew!
FrostyBobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #89  

Default zucchini/packet muffin recipe

Reposting to make it easier to find

1 IP packet. Dry. Unprepared. You can use potato puree, oatmeal (protithin has unrestricted), or puddings such as banana, lemon, or chocolate.

1-2 egg whites (I use 1 - from the carton so I don't waste yolks). Whipped until frothy but not until peaked.

.5 tsp baking powder

1 c shredded raw zucchini, then either sauteed or microwaved for 5 minutes. It reduces and you'll have to drain it (and cool it so it doesn't cook the egg whites)

Seasonings as preferred (depending on flavor. Vanilla is good in oatmeal, so is pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon. Garlic & pepper is good in potato rolls. A few poppy seeds add a nice boost to lemon)

Spray nonstick muffin tin. Do not use papers. Protein STICKS!
Bake 350 for 15-20 minutes. Watch them carefully. Every oven is different. Mine is different depending WHERE in the oven!

1 packet makes 3 muffins for me. And yes, they fall a bit.

I usually make a dozen (4 servings) at once (pictured)

This recipe can omit the zucchini. The texture is very different.

ETA: I have been making this with four potato purée packets and putting the batter in a 9 x 9 square pan. One-fourth of the pan makes a nice piece of focaccia-type sandwich bread to slice open and then fill with veggies and either cauliflower hummus or mockamole as the spread (4 packets = 4 servings...lunch for most of the week!)

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-01-2014 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Stated measuring zucchini raw before cooking
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 274.5/269.5/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrwelmd View Post
I did a search for buffalo chicken dip, to see if there was already a recipe posted somewhere using the IP chicken patty packet. I didn't find anything, so I created one today using Frank's Hot Wing Buffalo Sauce, WF Blue Cheese Dressing, a little bit of garlic powder and sea salt, and a splash of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. Heated in a small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring frequently, til bubbly. Served with celery sticks, it's pretty good!

Sorry my measurements aren't specific; I tend to just eyeball when I cook.

I made this last night to have with chicken and a salad and it was amazing. Thanks for posting. It may become a staple!
jessrm is offline   Reply With Quote