Old 11-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

I made a soup this weekend and thought I would share the recipe. I am a notoriously horrible vegetable eater and this soup makes me feel very clever since it's stealth vegetable eating. This soup is incredibly creamy and I can't believe it doesn't have cream in it.

Zucchini Curry Soup
makes 4 servings

2 zucchinis (I did 4c by weight)
salt (I used the IP salt)
pepper
garlic powder
1 clove garlic
curry powder of choice (I used a mix, any would work)
ginger powder (optional)
cayenne (optional)
16oz NF chicken stock

Slice your zucchinis into half moons and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. A good generous shake of each should do. Measure 1/4tsp if you prefer to measure.

Sautee them in a dutch oven or soup pot until they are good and soft (softer than if you were eating them plain). Mince your garlic and add it for the last minute or so. This will keep the garlic from getting too done, but you do want it to cook a little.

Add your chicken stock to the zucchini and allow the mixture to come to a simmer, then stir in your curry powder. I used just shy of a tablespoon of my favorite curry mix which is called Malaysian Ginger Curry, but plain curry powder and some other Indian spices (like garam masala, cayenne, tumeric, etc) would work. Use what you have.

Simmer the soup for a few more minutes then remove from the burner to let cool. Use an immersion blender or your home blender to blend until soup is smooth. If you are using a large blender, be aware that warm soup expands in the blender and blend carefully.
yespositively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #137  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

I am just starting IP today and am excited but nervous....What would you recommend to stay on track and not let the normal things get to me.....

I am so excited that your from ND and I live in Lincoln so I am super pumped to find someone from my state on this website.
finale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
I made a soup this weekend and thought I would share the recipe. I am a notoriously horrible vegetable eater and this soup makes me feel very clever since it's stealth vegetable eating. This soup is incredibly creamy and I can't believe it doesn't have cream in it.

Zucchini Curry Soup
makes 4 servings

2 zucchinis (I did 4c by weight)
salt (I used the IP salt)
pepper
garlic powder
1 clove garlic
curry powder of choice (I used a mix, any would work)
ginger powder (optional)
cayenne (optional)
16oz NF chicken stock

Slice your zucchinis into half moons and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. A good generous shake of each should do. Measure 1/4tsp if you prefer to measure.

Sautee them in a dutch oven or soup pot until they are good and soft (softer than if you were eating them plain). Mince your garlic and add it for the last minute or so. This will keep the garlic from getting too done, but you do want it to cook a little.

Add your chicken stock to the zucchini and allow the mixture to come to a simmer, then stir in your curry powder. I used just shy of a tablespoon of my favorite curry mix which is called Malaysian Ginger Curry, but plain curry powder and some other Indian spices (like garam masala, cayenne, tumeric, etc) would work. Use what you have.

Simmer the soup for a few more minutes then remove from the burner to let cool. Use an immersion blender or your home blender to blend until soup is smooth. If you are using a large blender, be aware that warm soup expands in the blender and blend carefully.
this sounds really good, I love curry, think I'm going to try it on the weekend when I buy some zuchini
Thanks for sharing
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
I am just starting IP today and am excited but nervous....What would you recommend to stay on track and not let the normal things get to me.....

I am so excited that your from ND and I live in Lincoln so I am super pumped to find someone from my state on this website.
welcome! I would recommend looking at the thread 'What are you eating today ipeeps'. I just bumped it up to the top of the threads for you. People post their daily 'diary' of what they're eating. It may help you not get complacent! Also, they're is a daily chat thread. I've noticed this thread we're in right now is more to post a recipe so that you can come back and find it in one place rather than searching through all the other threads.
ems70508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 280/Ticker/190

Height: 5'10"

Default PESTO Chicken Rotini

Yum YUM YUM...

This is one of my new favorites!

I used canned chicken from costco and cooked it on medium heat with DRY pesto seasoning mix packet. I added cauliflower and broccoli and covered the pot to steam. Once the veggies were done I added rotini pasta (IP) and a little salt/pepper to taste.

AMAZING!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (27.4 KB, 56 views)
LindseyTradeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl77 View Post
Thanks to all who are following the new Southern Chicks Pinterest IP Recipes board.....it means a lot that you all really like it.....here's the link for those who want to follow us....http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...uthern-chicks/

Also...I am only 7 posts away from private messaging privileges..Then those who would like to share your recipes to the board as a contributor can message me with your username or email and I can add you to the board.....
Love this group and so many great recipes.....
;( links don't work for me ;(
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msbehaving View Post
.....off to find a recipe for that tomato basil flatbread.....
Misbehaving I love this and make many things with it pizza being my favorite
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #143  
Kathy

S/C/G: 230/209/150

Height: 5'7"

Another great board of recipes. Needed something new for my restart!
Katrina628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #144  
Started IP 1/19/2014

S/C/G: 173.6/162.8/130

Height: 5'8

Never had rhubarb.I found this recipe that sounds good,but sadly I do not know how to cook the rhubarb. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rhubarb/Strawberry Dessert
2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
Also, the rhubarb counts as 2 cups of veggies
Crumble the maple oatmeal over the top and bake it in the oven and u can have rhubarb crumble for lunch
stefnrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:14 PM   #145  
Started IP 1/19/2014

Do you boil it and if so how much water?
Old 01-18-2014, 09:03 PM   #146  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I just put it in a covered dish and microwave it until it's mushy. Don't even add water.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:18 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 202/150/145

Height: 5'3"

Red face "German Potato Salad" recipe

Hey Ya'll!

I made a terrific "German Potato Salad" tonight and wanted to share it. I peeled and boiled the turnips until they were tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet I browned some turkey bacon that I had cut into one inch pieces. After removing the bacon from the skillet, I added 1/3 c. apple cider vinegar, 2 T splenda, and 3/4 c. water. I let these boil until they had thickened slightly. Then, I added the turnips to it along with the bacon, and made sure to coat them with the sauce. Eat it warm...It is delicious!!!!
dreawilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:24 AM   #148  
Started IP 1/19/2014

Thanks
Old 01-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Hi all -

I'm looking for a recipe that is kind of like a cheesy beef mac. For example, I have the IP pasta, and I was thinking of adding ground beef, but I also want kind of a cheese dressing for it. Does anyone have a recipe like that?
skinnybride2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:19 PM   #150  
IP start date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 189/173.2/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefnrod View Post
Never had rhubarb.I found this recipe that sounds good,but sadly I do not know how to cook the rhubarb. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rhubarb/Strawberry Dessert
2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
Also, the rhubarb counts as 2 cups of veggies
Crumble the maple oatmeal over the top and bake it in the oven and u can have rhubarb crumble for lunch
Stef, I buy my rhubarb frozen and just microwave it in a bowl until it's hot and soft, about 3 minutes in my microwave. Rhubarb is my new favorite!!
WildDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote