Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #376  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I thought it was you, but it was so long ago, my aged brain has great lapses in memory and I hate to give the wrong person credit. That was way before the time when you feel you have a bond with some people on here. Thanks for the great recommendation. Now to get back to doing it.

I had my WI this morning and lost 1.2#. I'm now 1.6# from 100# loss. It's still taunting me. I put all my numbers from my Omron scale in a spreadsheet and noticed that my average lost per week went down about a 1/2# since I've been at home and not at work. I guess occasional veggies and nice things like zucchini muffins each morning take its toll little by little. We'll see when I go back into work starting tomorrow and have oatmeal for breakfast (no oatmeal muffins or cookies) and pudding or a bar for lunch and my cukes and mini sweet peppers. Maybe that will be enough for my boot camp.

Have a great OP Sunday, all.

Rainbow, be safe coming home with all the crazy holiday drivers.

Molly
Yea! Molly another 1.2 gone from your life, and so close to 100 it won't be long now, way to go.

Morning everyone just want to sprinkle a little on today so we can all have a ROCKIN week!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #377  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I was making rhubarb jello all the time when there was fresh rhubarb. I have frozen in freezer (the $3.99 grocery store stuff) and need to get back to it again. Upon the recommendation of someone on 3FC months ago, I am using Great Lakes gelatin. I add a little Mio to it, plus the rhubarb stewed with WF Strawberry syrup. I was hoping for it to tighten up my "chicken" arms. Maybe it can tighten them and also get rid of the muffin top and belly bulge.

I know I just need to push all that fat up top. I lost almost everything on top. That was sculpting I really didn't need to happen. LOL

Molly
Yeah, I've lost a lot through the chest area as well... and what remains is looking droopier. Not my idea of good sculpting either. But I'm happier this way than with the extra weight on, so I'm not *really* complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Thx Dana! the lemon juice tip helps. I also use smooth move tea as well. I add lemon to that too
ITA - I second (or third?) the lemon juice strategy. Particularly when taken in warm water first thing in the am upon rising. I should use it every morning, but I get lazy and/or forget. But I really do think it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy56 View Post
Thanks, Barb, for outlining all of the alternative drinks that you just bought! I've been wanting to try a few new things just for some variety, especially to use in coffee instead of the allowed bit of skim milk.

I've had such great results with IP that I think I've been getting lax the past 3 days without weighing my protein since I haven't eaten any dinners at home and I think that I've gone way over 8 oz each night. I'm so grateful you all are here. Just looking at how everyone's been staying OP despite Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping has given me the kick in the pants I needed to get back on track! So, I will go to Costco and WalMart today and pick up a few alternative drinks and stay 100% OP without restricteds until Fri WI and hope that I haven't done too much damage.

You are all such great inspiration and a wealth of knowledge. I don't think that I could have made it these past 6weeks without you! Thanks for all of your sharing and encouragement.
Cindy
This forum has been a fantastic source of information, support, and general motivation. I'm 99% sure that I wouldn't have made it this far without hanging out here. Come here frequently - every day is best - to help keep yourself on track. It really helps reinforce you.

Good Day everyone!

Those who follow my posts know that I've moved to Phase 3. At least for 1 week, or maybe it will be the beginning of the phase out process... I'm exercising more on my elliptical, and if the combo of Phase 3 + added exercise has me losing at least -1lbs/week then I may finish up the program this way until I get to my goal weight. If I don't lose weight this way, I'll go back to Phase 1 or 2 and see if I can get it moving again that way.

But I'm pleased to see that this morning I was down -1 lb! Yay!

Rainbow - I'd do another boot camp with you, but I'm in the midst of my own *experiment* at present. Certainly wish everybody the best of success.

OK - off to climb on the elliptical for today's session.

Everybody have a great Sunday. Cheers for now.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #378  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
That was me recommending Great Lakes. I've been using it for the past year. After a lot of research on the web I came across this brand as one of the best. Not sure how much it has helped other than people are always telling me my face looks great for someone who has lost so much weight.
Dana: Do you buy your Great Lakes online or do you have a local retailer? I just looked at the website and saw they sell in packs of 6. Sounds like something I should start using...with 110 overall to lose and creeping closer to the half-way point (plus, calorie-wise, it is lower than IP collagen packets!)

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-25-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #379  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all. Today is day 7 of reboot with weigh in tomorrow. I've been working the long weekend, at least on call. I have been getting some sleep but the days have been brutal. Have to go in later this am, but for now kicking back in big chair, drinking my Premier Protein latte for breakfast, and watching the snow fly. Add 3FC, a good book, and a stinky dog at my feet and life is good. Thank u all for being here.

Craving weird stuff lately. Last night I was obsessed with Pop Tarts, of all things. I don't even like them!!! Of course I didn't have any (that would have involved a 25 mile trip) but my brain is doing weird thing.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5'2"

I thought that I'd read almost everything, but I missed the posts about having gelatin for improving collagen. Is this a part of the protocol that I'm missing? If someone could explain, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #381  

Quote:
I thought that I'd read almost everything, but I missed the posts about having gelatin for improving collagen. Is this a part of the protocol that I'm missing? If someone could explain, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks.
Good question! My coach says that the gelatin or raspberry packet counts as a packet for the day. On another thread Lisa says that her coach, who is a regional rep, says it is an incomplete protein and that you can have it 3 times a week and not count it. I like the idea of putting regular, unflavored Knox gelatin packets into rhubarb
Old 11-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #382  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
I have been thinking about this. Since I started IP, my fingernails seem to be growing faster!! I love the gelatin, but have only had it 3x. Since I bit my nails I am pretty psyched about this. I have stopped biting them because they are growing so much faster. I am almost ready for a manicure!!

Anyone else experience this???
Old 11-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #383  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
I thought it was you, but it was so long ago, my aged brain has great lapses in memory and I hate to give the wrong person credit. That was way before the time when you feel you have a bond with some people on here. Thanks for the great recommendation. Now to get back to doing it.

I had my WI this morning and lost 1.2#. I'm now 1.6# from 100# loss. It's still taunting me. I put all my numbers from my Omron scale in a spreadsheet and noticed that my average lost per week went down about a 1/2# since I've been at home and not at work. I guess occasional veggies and nice things like zucchini muffins each morning take its toll little by little. We'll see when I go back into work starting tomorrow and have oatmeal for breakfast (no oatmeal muffins or cookies) and pudding or a bar for lunch and my cukes and mini sweet peppers. Maybe that will be enough for my boot camp.

Have a great OP Sunday, all.

Rainbow, be safe coming home with all the crazy holiday drivers.

Molly
You are almost at 100lbs lost... hopefully within the next week or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Yea! Molly another 1.2 gone from your life, and so close to 100 it won't be long now, way to go.

Morning everyone just want to sprinkle a little on today so we can all have a ROCKIN week!
I'll take a bit of that will power dust as I'm doing another boot camp this week. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Good Day everyone!

Those who follow my posts know that I've moved to Phase 3. At least for 1 week, or maybe it will be the beginning of the phase out process... I'm exercising more on my elliptical, and if the combo of Phase 3 + added exercise has me losing at least -1lbs/week then I may finish up the program this way until I get to my goal weight. If I don't lose weight this way, I'll go back to Phase 1 or 2 and see if I can get it moving again that way.

But I'm pleased to see that this morning I was down -1 lb! Yay!

Rainbow - I'd do another boot camp with you, but I'm in the midst of my own *experiment* at present. Certainly wish everybody the best of success.

OK - off to climb on the elliptical for today's session.

Everybody have a great Sunday. Cheers for now.
Enjoy phase 3, and I bet it's just what your metabolism needs - a little shake up to wake it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Dana: Do you buy your Great Lakes online or do you have a local retailer? I just looked at the website and saw they sell in packs of 6. Sounds like something I should start using...with 110 overall to lose and creeping closer to the half-way point (plus, calorie-wise, it is lower than IP collagen packets!)
I actually buy it from Amazon where they sell two containers at a time. I put it in my pudding/shake everyday and the containers really do last a long time. After doing my research last year I found it's a much better gelatin than what is offered by IP also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Good morning all. Today is day 7 of reboot with weigh in tomorrow. I've been working the long weekend, at least on call. I have been getting some sleep but the days have been brutal. Have to go in later this am, but for now kicking back in big chair, drinking my Premier Protein latte for breakfast, and watching the snow fly. Add 3FC, a good book, and a stinky dog at my feet and life is good. Thank u all for being here.

Craving weird stuff lately. Last night I was obsessed with Pop Tarts, of all things. I don't even like them!!! Of course I didn't have any (that would have involved a 25 mile trip) but my brain is doing weird thing.
Congrats for hanging in there for these past 7 days on your reboot.

Quote:
IP recommends that you have one of their gelatin packs every other day for the collagen support. I researched this all last year and I found the Great Lakes gelatin to be a better product than the IP packets. Great Lakes has their own website, and you can read about their product there. I buy mine on Amazon though.

Off to Costco to pick up some Detour bars for my daughter (not me due to boot camp this week), and see what else I can find. Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #384  

Is the knox gelatin an option? how about the sugar free jello?
Old 11-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #385  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Is the knox gelatin an option? how about the sugar free jello?
Sugar free jello has aspartame. Unflavored, not sweetened with aspartame is acceptable as long as it's 0/0/0.

Molly
Old 11-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #386  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

MOLLY! You are sooooo close to -100!!! That is awesome, and the changes in you are very noticible! Congratulations gf!

I won't be joining in boot camp this time either, as I'm in P2 now. Seems to be going ok, but my losses have just about stopped. If my coach agrees on Thursday, I'm planning on going to P3 a week from tomorrow.

Swimcoachmomma - hang in there...the cravings should go away for the most part.

evepet - sounds like your experiment is working. Will be watching to see how it works for you overall.

Ninjanurse - yes, my nails & hair have been growing at turbo speed since being on IP! Nails seem to be stronger than before too - yay!

VIP & I are both sick today. My little grand-niece was sick at Thanksgiving and she must have been generous in sharing her germs...or we picked up a bug while out shopping. So I'm off on my meals a bit today, but roasted a chicken and am making homemade chicken soup for tonight. Sure hope it helps. Hope you all stay healthy this week!

Last edited by greeniris; 11-25-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #387  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hey guys, what kind of Great Lakes gelitan do we get? I looked online and there are a few choices of gelitan, I wanna get the right stuff.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #388  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Default Wii Wii Wii all way home

Well I couldn't stand it. I had said, "no" to the Wii for now.. "wait till it's warmer" I said.. and then I did a turn around and we bought a used one off eBay. Part of the decision to move ahead was the doctor telling me that the good cholesterol would go up if I exercise. And, I have to admit I've been using the diet as an excuse not to exercise.... when in fact I can. I'm not taking about hard core exercise, just getting going doing something will help a lot I'm sure. Anyway, we discussed the Fit board and software... and decided against the added cost/longer shopping looking for one with it included. I was not 100% sure I needed it, and was thinking more about the other games/dance programs anyway. Anyway, it's bought and should be on it's way next week. Now to get the scale to move down some.

Central Market had frozen rhubarb. It's with the frozen fruit for making pies. I came home and cooked up some right away.. Mmmmm. They had egg nog syrup in their coffee section, but not sugar free :-( so I'll have to look further for that option.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #389  

S/C/G: 200/192/150

Height: 5'7"

For those of you who like lemon in your water. I buy a bag of lemons at Costco and have them in a bowl for decoration for a few days on the counter then I roll them and squeeze them into ice trays. Fresh lemon every day for my hot water in the morning and ice cubes for by bottles of water. So glad to be able to offer a helpful hint to you ladies. I have learned so much from all of you.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #390  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

What exactly is the gelatin supposed to do for you?? Help with saggy stuff? I think I am getting a turkey neck - have been noticing this for a couple of weeks now. That alone tells me I am where I want to be and should move on to maintenance... The other saggy parts are probably beyond repair. Thank god for good bras!

Roni Lee - thanks for the lemon idea!

Last edited by Lizzy63; 11-25-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Closed Thread