Old 10-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Here Here!!

ps - what does PS stand for?
You look fantastic. My brother is the same height and weight as you and looks great too.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I did gain it back and I had given away all my clothes (alot), working on losing again
Oh no!! You are not nekked in the hurricane???
Just teasing. I hope your travels are over for awhile and you get back on track.
Pat
Old 10-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm not Bellamack but I lost 100# on Atkins and then ballooned back up to 260 over about 8 years (was down to 175 so regained almost all my weight).

There is really no lesson learned. There is really no secret.
Anyone who thinks they are going to return to ways of eating from the past is doomed to repeat this path.

No matter how hard any of us think it is to lose weight, maintenance really takes more diligence. We have to monitor for life and there is none of the feedback you get from the weight loss journey. While losing weight, you get positive feedback from the scale, from other people, and from your clothes getting looser. After you hit goal, all of that stops and then there is the staying there. And "still" being on a "diet" because you CANNOT go back to the way you used to eat. The weight will come back on.

At least with IP maintenance, if there is a big cheat day, there is a Phase 1 day to regulate blood sugar. But the folks I know usually only have a cheat meal, and don't even like to call it a "cheat" but rather a relaxed meal or a free meal.

I chose IP, and remain at an IP clinic because I know I never learned how to maintain. I know that will be the crucial part for me, as hard as losing the weight is, longterm maintenance is my goal.
One thing I find really helps is to stay with the maintenance thread.

I noticed on there people who are very successfully maintaining have really become physically active; something I have to work on.

But it is very helpful to see how others are working through this stage and how it is different for all of us. There doesn't seem to be a one sized fits all to maintenance as there is in the actual weight loss part of the program.
Foods have to be added back very carefully and monitored as to how our particular body reacts to them.
It is a long term learning process but well worth it.

I should add I met my goal in April. I am currently 4 pounds above it. It is very important to get a comfort zone and stay in it so i am currently battling those 4 pounds.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 10-30-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:43 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 165/158/120

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

The only people I've told about my IP journey is my boyfriend, mom, and best friend. My mom and best friend have been great.

My boyfriend, however, has been a little difficult. When our friends would ask why I wasn't drinking, or why I wasn't eating what everyone else was, he would always throw in, "Because she's starving herself on a diet." He said this again and again, and I finally yelled at him. Now, I'm not sure if he's on board or if he simply keeps his mouth shut about it!
NoirStories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #50  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirStories View Post
The only people I've told about my IP journey is my boyfriend, mom, and best friend. My mom and best friend have been great.

My boyfriend, however, has been a little difficult. When our friends would ask why I wasn't drinking, or why I wasn't eating what everyone else was, he would always throw in, "Because she's starving herself on a diet." He said this again and again, and I finally yelled at him. Now, I'm not sure if he's on board or if he simply keeps his mouth shut about it!
Trainable ... Sounds like good husband material ...
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote