Old 10-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Rainbowsmiles.....ditto to all of above. Great attitude. I get that still AFTER I've lost 52+ lbs and have kept it off since April. Really? It's bad for me? Which part? Feeling amazing? Eating better than I ever have? Keeping my weight off? Enjoying exercise? Buying lots & lots of clothes? Yeah, that's gotta be it.

People are afraid of what they don't understand OR maybe they don't want to accept it about themselves....

Last edited by Pamelama; 10-30-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Pamelama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

....hard to implement in the moment...but really...remember it's jealousy.

It doesn't matter if they don't even have to lose weight, you are representing what they are having problems doing..."meeting a goal". They may have other goals in mind but can't seem to motivate themselves to do it.

I had a lot of venting conversations with select people (other then on here) and have some quotes sitting on my desk under my computer screen. They said things that I needed to have available to remind me that they couldn't drag me down.

My favorite:

"the mighty lioness pays no heed to the barking of the jackals"

When I had a particularly rough conversation with a man at work who said I looked horrible and sickly...my VIP said "awe hun, he misses the old you...he probably liked big girls"...which made me laugh. Needless to say if they come at you hard...pull them aside and speak to them. That will shut them up (as I did with the gent I just described).

There is a lot of turn over where I work...the new people haven't a clue what I used to look like, they don't make ANY comments. It's the people who knew me before, so really it's their sh*t...they can't process what I was and what I am...not my fault.

But when it's just a random comment....NEVER EVER let someone dull your shine!

Chin up grasshoppah, eventually the new you will be the new normal and they will all stop.

Last edited by Ishbel; 10-30-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #18  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Rainbowsmiles.....ditto to all of above. Great attitude. I get that still AFTER I've lost 52+ lbs and have kept it off since April. Really? It's bad for me? Which part? Feeling amazing? Eating better than I ever have? Keeping my weight off? Enjoying exercise? Buying lots & lots of clothes? Yeah, that's gotta be it.

People are afraid of what they don't understand OR maybe they don't want to accept it about themselves....
isn't it great that this protocol DOES TEACH EATING BETTER!! one of the things i love the most is the focus on eating 4 cups of GOOD HEALTHY VEGGIES a day!! not sugar coated, not soaked in grease and cheese, not sitting in cream sauce, just good old fashioned veggie goodness...

i LOVE THAT I AM EATING BETTER THAN I EVER HAVE!!

besides...our food industry has been brainwashing us for years and commercials are geared to MAKE US THINK WE WANT THIS OR THAT...when actually my body loves and craves good wholesome foods!!

it does take some time....to get your brain to follow what your body tells you....because of all the influence on the shelves, tv commercials, restaurants, etc...but in the end...YOU BODY WILL THANK YOU!!!

it does take some time for your TASTES AND DESIRES TO CHANGE!!

it does take some time .... BUT I AM WORTH IT!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 10-30-2012 at 10:42 AM.
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #19  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post

But when it's just a random comment....NEVER EVER let someone dull your shine!
i have heard u say this before and it inspired me...and i told one friend...HEY STOP TRYING TO RUB OFF MY GLITTER!!! haha

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 10-30-2012 at 10:44 AM.
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #20  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I posted on FB and of course here and part of the reasoning I had was to keep me accountable. A few days ago my wife and I were arguing and she said I'd gain it all back. I will not. I know what it felt like being that big and I'm never going back there. I doubt I will ever be skinny but I will be healthier and I know it.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #21  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I posted on FB and of course here and part of the reasoning I had was to keep me accountable. A few days ago my wife and I were arguing and she said I'd gain it all back. I will not. I know what it felt like being that big and I'm never going back there. I doubt I will ever be skinny but I will be healthier and I know it.
I too post my losses on FB after each WI for the same reason. I've never had one negative comment from there (unless you count "You're disappearing before our eyes!") I have had at least 5 people message me privately to what program I'm doing, as they have not had success with whatever program they've tried. I always refer them to 3FC along with the IP website.

Good to see your progress Vet, and love your determination about never going back there.

Last edited by greeniris; 10-30-2012 at 11:55 AM.
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #22  
Started IP 9/19/12

S/C/G: IP 256/231/210

Height: 5'11"

I guess I have been fortunate, but have not had many "negative" comments. Mostly in the beginning comments like "it is not good to lose weight that fast" or "this must be a starvation diet". Once I explained that the protocol is monitored and includes healthy vegies most people backed off. I guess sometimes you just have to ignore the negative people and do what feels good and right to you. Good luck and stay positive!
TroutFarmer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #23  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
I too post my losses on FB after each WI for the same reason. I've never had one negative comment from there (unless you count "You're disappearing before our eyes!") I have had at least 5 people message me privately to what program I'm doing, as they have not had success with whatever program they've tried. I always refer them to 3FC along with the IP website.

Good to see your progress Vet, and love your determination about never going back there.
It is pretty cool how our success can motivate others and really cool when they are succeeding and they tell you about it.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #24  
Began IP 3-29-2012

The support I've had on FB and on 3fc has made the difference to me. My wife told me the other day I would gain it all back. That hurt but also motivated me. I am sitting here trying to figure out if I am going to finish my salad! Not something I'd be worrying about this time last year. =)
Old 10-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #25  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

I just can't get over some of the comments folks are saying to folks in here. I mean really, do they say those things to you? I'm SO glad I have not had to deal with that because I have a very hard time keeping my mouth shut. Oh, I would end the conversation very quickly, but most likely in a way not best done at the work place.

Besides the "OMG you are melting/going away/where are you" comments the one comment that someone may think was harsh was when someone told me I was starting to look sick and they thought I didn't need to loose any more. I looked at some photos and really had to agree with them. I had my 'goal' set in my head and remembered that it was just a number I pulled out of thin air. I truly believe it was too low. So, a quick adjustment, add 5 to that goal and I am now very happy to be 2 pounds under my goal and in phase 3.

But back to the original, I am so befuddled that someone would really be that rude. That's just crazy.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #26  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

My oldest son has been floating my picture around to people he sees on his Fedex route that know me. It freaks them out and of course he tells them Ideal protein and tells them to call the clinic, he knows the number by heart....lol...He told me this morning that he talked to my ex last night over an hour about me. My son said you should see mom, he said I see the pics she post on FB, steven said no dad you don't understand mom is skinny. His dad said I never would of thought your mom would of lost that much weight, steven said well if you would of not sabbatoged her when she tried before she would of gotten skinny when y'all were married but you wanted her big. Steven said she is saving her money for her PS, then she will be really skinny. So his dad said well let me know I will give her $500 to her PS fund....I think its funny how NOW he wants to "help" me.....its crazy...All I know is that I am happier now than i ever was before and that is all that matters to me. I haven't changed on the inside just the out. We all do what we have to do to make ourselves happy, I don't care what anyone else says [/I]
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

The best "revenge" for all the snarky comments will be making it to goal and staying at your goal weight. That will shut them up eventually. (Or, if it doesn't who cares.)

I think mainly people just get jealous that they cannot achieve the same goals you have.
Alma4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #28  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
My oldest son has been floating my picture around to people he sees on his Fedex route that know me. It freaks them out and of course he tells them Ideal protein and tells them to call the clinic, he knows the number by heart....lol...He told me this morning that he talked to my ex last night over an hour about me. My son said you should see mom, he said I see the pics she post on FB, steven said no dad you don't understand mom is skinny. His dad said I never would of thought your mom would of lost that much weight, steven said well if you would of not sabbatoged her when she tried before she would of gotten skinny when y'all were married but you wanted her big. Steven said she is saving her money for her PS, then she will be really skinny. So his dad said well let me know I will give her $500 to her PS fund....I think its funny how NOW he wants to "help" me.....its crazy...All I know is that I am happier now than i ever was before and that is all that matters to me. I haven't changed on the inside just the out. We all do what we have to do to make ourselves happy, I don't care what anyone else says [/I]
Here Here!!

ps - what does PS stand for?
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #29  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Here Here!!

ps - what does PS stand for?
Plastic surgery=PS....to remove my 40lbs of excess skin ..I have started my "PS fund" i have $20 So far
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #30  

Thanks so much all! this is why I LOVE 3FC!!!! everyone understands. Yes, I have also gotten the comment "you're really good at losing weight but not keeping it off" well I'm not spending this much time, $$ and attitude adjustment to gain it back.. BTW...the WI went well and I surpassed my goal of 15lbs for the month by 2 lbs!
Ishbel - LOVE LOVE LOVE the comment ! Im stealing it! NO one is going to dull my shine! I feel better than I ever have. I haven't told my family. They live in CT and I live in LA (Louisiana) I will see them in either May or June and I CANNOT wait for their reactions ( altho I am sure not all will be positive!)
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote