Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/17/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 10-17-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #2  

This thread has been pretty small the last few days. New people: consider posting here rather than starting new threads!

Happy 100% OP Wednesday everybody!

We did some garage cleaning over the weekend. Long story but we combined homes & stored items for too long. I found ONE box of too-small clothing that I didn't donate after one of the moves. At this pont, I've decided to keep them so I'm storing them in my closet til Spring. Hoping they'll fit by then :-)

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-17-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #3  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
This thread has been pretty small the last few days. New people: consider posting here rather than starting new threads!

Happy 100% OP Wednesday everybody!

We did some garage cleaning over the weekend. Long story but we combined homes & stored items for too long. I found ONE box of too-small clothing that I didn't donate after one of the moves. At this pont, I've decided to keep them so I'm storing them in my closet til Spring. Hoping they'll fit by then :-)
Nice reward for cleaning out the garage!

I need to clean out my closet. I have clothes in there ranging from sizes 6-18. I need to get rid of everything size 16 and up and then arrange the other stuff by size. Right now it's a jumble. One side has stuff I have recently been able to wear and the other side is stuff that is too big or too small.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #4  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

I went shopping in my closet last weekend and found 5 pairs of pants that I will be able to wear comfortably by the end of October. Woo-Hoo! Been a couple of years since I wore them and they are in basic dark colors. A couple of new tops and I'm set for the fall.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Heading for the 80's baby!!

WI this morning and I am down 2.7lb, and missing 3.5 inches! It's madness

I pulled a couple of dresses out of the back of my closet last night - one that has been my "go-to" dress for the last few years was hanging on me like a curtain. Another dress that I couldn't zip all the way up just a few weeks ago fits like a glove now! I also found a hot little purple lace dress that I think I wore twice before I got pregnant with the elder DS - it's a LARGE and it fits great (with a little shapewear! LOL).

Need lots of good vibes this morning, I have a phone interview with a local company this morning. I love the people I work with but the politics at my hospital have gotten pretty bad. I've been there 5 years and I feel like it's time to move on - so hopefully the interview goes well and IF they decided to put out an offer I am hoping it's close to the number I need in order to make the move. It'd be moving off the evening shift to a full time day position, so whatever they offer has to cover the cost of putting my little guy in preschool and after school care for the bigger little. Fingers crossed!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

scorbett - sounds like good stuff all around! Congrats on the new/old finds in your closet and sending you mega good luck vibes for your interview today!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Heading for the 80's baby!!

WI this morning and I am down 2.7lb, and missing 3.5 inches! It's madness

I pulled a couple of dresses out of the back of my closet last night - one that has been my "go-to" dress for the last few years was hanging on me like a curtain. Another dress that I couldn't zip all the way up just a few weeks ago fits like a glove now! I also found a hot little purple lace dress that I think I wore twice before I got pregnant with the elder DS - it's a LARGE and it fits great (with a little shapewear! LOL).

Need lots of good vibes this morning, I have a phone interview with a local company this morning. I love the people I work with but the politics at my hospital have gotten pretty bad. I've been there 5 years and I feel like it's time to move on - so hopefully the interview goes well and IF they decided to put out an offer I am hoping it's close to the number I need in order to make the move. It'd be moving off the evening shift to a full time day position, so whatever they offer has to cover the cost of putting my little guy in preschool and after school care for the bigger little. Fingers crossed!
Wow...great shopping you were able to do in your closet! Good luck with the interview this morning! Be firm with what you need as far as pay. Keep us posted please!

Happy Hump Day Everyone! Not a lot new to report here, gonna clean out chicken coops today today since the wind is not howling, take my dad to his follow up appointment with his surgeon and then run a few other errands. Getting excited for our trip. Hope everyone has a great 100% OP day.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/198/145

Height: 5"8"

Yay - I also pulled out a tub of pre pregnancy clothes over the weekend - haven't even looked at them in 4 years, and I found 6 pairs of pants that still had tags on them - and now the fit. Woo Hoo. I have no idea how they got in there, but I was pyched.

scorbett - good luck on your interview today. I'm in HR - remember to be confident and negotiate when (not if) they make an offer. No one will ever rescind an offer just because you asked for more - they'll either say yes or no. As an HR professional, I expect negotiation when hiring people. Make sure you get what you think you deserve!!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #9  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Lots of good vibes, Scorbett! And congrats on the closet shopping!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

Phone interview went well! She said she definitely wants to bring me in for an in-person next week when the owner is back in town. We'll see how it goes from there but I feel good about it! Thanks for all the good vibes!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 151/133/120

Height: 5'1"

Congrats to all of those able to do a little shopping in their own closet. I cleaned my closet a week or so ago. I tried everything on (it took me all day) and if it was too big it went into a tub, if it was to small but close I put it in another tub and anything that fit but I have not worn in along time went in the donation tub. I got rid of about 6 tubs of clothes.....yes I have alot of clothes.

Scorbett---good luck with the interview.

I have my WI tomorrow and am excited. I think I am down at least a lbs maybe a little more. I finally had my TOM (2 weeks late) and it was a rough one. But I made it through without cheating. I has been 100% OP and I eliminated the herbal tea that I had bought at a farmers market. I was hoping to start walking this week but so far between being busy and the rain it has not happened yet.

I was reading the puree thread and was wondering when making the purees did no any any liquid or just thrown everything in the blender and mix it up?

Wishing everyone a great day

Kim
Old 10-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! Day 4 for me, so far 100%.

I have an event tonight that I'm nervous about. I have to go to this $100 a plate benefit dinner for work. I asked for the gluten free meal, which they said is steak, halibut and vegetables with a side salad. I'm just nervous that there will be something on the meat and I don't know how to find out. I will try calling today.

Does anyone else feel hot? I woke up feeling really hit, not feverish or anything. I wondered if it's my body buring calories, but that's probably wishful thinking
Old 10-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolt View Post
Congrats to all of those able to do a little shopping in their own closet. I cleaned my closet a week or so ago. I tried everything on (it took me all day) and if it was too big it went into a tub, if it was to small but close I put it in another tub and anything that fit but I have not worn in along time went in the donation tub. I got rid of about 6 tubs of clothes.....yes I have alot of clothes.

Scorbett---good luck with the interview.

I have my WI tomorrow and am excited. I think I am down at least a lbs maybe a little more. I finally had my TOM (2 weeks late) and it was a rough one. But I made it through without cheating. I has been 100% OP and I eliminated the herbal tea that I had bought at a farmers market. I was hoping to start walking this week but so far between being busy and the rain it has not happened yet.

I was reading the puree thread and was wondering when making the purees did no any any liquid or just thrown everything in the blender and mix it up?

Wishing everyone a great day

Kim
I haven't added any liquid to the purees - the veggies themselves carry a bit of water so I've just made them as written. The Red Pepper puree is one that I've used in place of tomato sauce, and for that I will thin it out after the fact with some broth or water - but for the most part I just use them as is
Old 10-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Phone interview went well! She said she definitely wants to bring me in for an in-person next week when the owner is back in town. We'll see how it goes from there but I feel good about it! Thanks for all the good vibes!!!
Wooohoo - that's awesome!!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #15  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Congrats scorbett! I'm sure you'll nail the in-person interview! I hate politics too

I did some closet cleaning this weekend and moved the "too big" stuff to a back closet in the spare bedroom. I fit into all the stuff I had save, minus 1 shirt that I can't comfortably get around my boobs - which is weird because I have pretty small boobs now, but still a lot of muscle in my back (ex-boxer.)

So is everyone donating the old clothes or saving a few pieces? I priced getting the pants taken in but it's $15 each so it's not really worth the cost ... I'm not a stranger to the sewing machine but I never took pants in, any tips?

Today is officially my first day of P4. I actually lost .4 last week instead of gaining and my coach thinks I might drop a little more since my metabolism read as very high ... so that would be nice

So I noticed Rainbow hasn't been on lately - hope all is OK - I miss her smiling face!
Closed Thread