Old 09-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #16  

I save my "normal" meal for my work lunch too.
Echo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/180

Ahhh I find it easy to follow the way it is set up, but then again I work lame shift work, all evening or 2pm the earliest. I find I become almost painfully hungry around 5 pm when I don't get home til 8 or 9 some nights. May try having the snack then, because it makes me feel like I'm going to be sick it's so bad sometimes.
nightprowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:18 AM   #18  

Wow, I work shift work too! I get home around 9am. I'm still trying to figure out when to eat when I'm at work. When I'm on my weekend it all changes.
Echo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

My non-usual coach yesterday told me to eat all of my protein in one meal. My usual coach said it's ok to break it up for lunch and dinner if I wanted. There was a sign in the office yesterday that 4 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites are now considered the daily allotment for protein, which is when I said, 'that's a lot of eggs, I could split it up during the day' and she told me I should have all protein in one meal. I sometimes do that, sometimes split it up between lunch and dinner.

The sign also said that in P1 we shouldn't exercise more than every other day, which was new also.

I am going to go by my usual coach's instructions. I've been doing fine with that for 7 weeks!
EPAPRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo3 View Post
Wow, I work shift work too! I get home around 9am. I'm still trying to figure out when to eat when I'm at work. When I'm on my weekend it all changes.

Ahh yes I find it easiest if I split my veggies up. So I have a snack, instead of eating my IP packet and veggies all at once, not sure if thats allowed but I find it keeps hunger at bay. I don't get home til 12:30, 1 A.M. some nights and its difficult not to munch or having a "full meal" is too much before bed
nightprowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I hear you AngieBaby... I'm single with no kids too. At present I work from home so I'm free of the social distractions at lunchtime. In the past I've definitely been in work-related environments where it would have been much more realistic to switch things to the 'main meal at lunch' regularly. Most of the times when I've switched things around for a day have been due to being in a more social situation at lunch, and wanting to make it easier on myself when dining out for that meal. I guess the important thing is to figure out how to make the diet most easily suit our individual needs, while keeping to the protocol. The first week is definitely the toughest... once you're through those first few days, it will get much easier. Hang in there. I saw your post about your first weight loss - I think it was 5 lbs and a bit? After 4 days I think it is? That's great - congrats! Keep on keepin' on.....
Thanks evepet!! I was pretty happy/surprised! And it's a good motivator. The first thing I thought of when I saw the scale was "I get to change my ticker already!!!" LOL

And you're right ... today is day 5 and I feel completely different today than I have the last 4. I felt "draggy", but I got to work this morning and literally have been dancing in my chair to the radio. Good thing I'm back here by myself and no one can see me! I noticed by the second night too that I was already sleeping better. It's amazing how quickly our bodies adjust/adapt to the right fuel.
AngieBaby41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #22  

Height: 5'6"

I've been told as long as you get it all in, it doesn't matter when or how. My schedule is different everyday, so I've split protein, split vegetables, had it all at lunch, had it all at dinner, started at 6 in the morning or somedays it's 10 or 11 before I have breakfast. No matter how it's happened, my losses have been pretty much the same each week. So whatever is easiest and the least amount of stress, that's how I go.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote