Old 08-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #91  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Height: 5'5"

So sad... Boys came home from school and found our dog passed away.. Need to shake the mood, my Dau and newborn land any second. But gosh it is hard he was 15 and I realized it was bound to happen. Just the timing. I guess I should be grateful, yesterday was my birthday and tomorrow is DD.. Send good juju and vibes my way...
Osohealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #92  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Oso I am sorry about your pooch
Aimiloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #93  
IP Newb

I just got news that I was rejected from a job I interviewed for. I really thought I was in there, I was crying for an hour while trying to take care and be happy around my 7 month old. All I wanted to do was drink. This is why I am here, I medicate with food and alcohol (lets talk about the take out i wanted too). Once again, IP shows me the habits i'm hoping this will help me break and be more conscious t of.

I'm just really sad. It's been 7 months since I've worked, I need to get back out there.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
I just got news that I was rejected from a job I interviewed for. I really thought I was in there, I was crying for an hour while trying to take care and be happy around my 7 month old. All I wanted to do was drink. This is why I am here, I medicate with food and alcohol (lets talk about the take out i wanted too). Once again, IP shows me the habits i'm hoping this will help me break and be more conscious t of.

I'm just really sad. It's been 7 months since I've worked, I need to get back out there.
Food and alcohol won't make it better.
I'm so sorry about your bad news. I know you won't give up and you'll keep trying. But food and alcohol won't make it better. Cry, feel it, but don't "use" to cover those feelings. You will be STRONGER for going through it staying OP.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #95  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Osohealthy, so sorry about your dog, it's always hard, even when it's not a surprise. Hope your visit with your daughter distracts you.

Quote:

Give yourself big points for not giving in to those urges. I can blame a good bit of the weight I am currently carrying on the stress of job loss. In the past five years, I have been laid of twice and my husband once- and he was out for almost two years, he got a job just as we were starting to get into a real financial pickle. People who haven't been through it don't understand just how hard it can be. Keep doing what you're doing, and remember that you never know what is around the corner. My husband went through several interviews that he thought he nailed, only to never hear from them again. Then, the one interview that he didn't get a good feeling about was the one that called- it was a complete surprise. Hang in there, and stay strong!
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #96  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Aimiloo - I am so sorry hear this - hang in there. I'll be sending good vibes your way.

I know it's hard, but medicating with food and alcohol won't help, and in the long run both can be dangerous.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #97  
IP Newb

Thanks guys I know. Trust me, it's what brought me here. Not my beautiful baby...i only gained 25 lbs with him, i was overweight to begin with and THAT was emotional eating and drinking related.

I had gotten the email while i was at whole foods, and i will say it was hard to not hit that bakery aisle. I didn't. I didn't drink. I cooked a nice OP meal and my husband told me how incredibly proud he was of me. That even in a short time I've come so far...that a month ago if I'd gotten that email he would have come home to me knee deep in a bottle of wine, diet be dammned. He also said if he knew i'd gotten that info (i told him when he came home) he would have called me to CHECK i wasn't getting the wine.

So there you are. Habits that need, and are, being broken.

Goalfor40, we've had a number of lay offs here in the past few years. My husband since we moved from the UK in 2007 has been laid off twice. And now me, on maternity leave no less.

Tough going, something has to give.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

well now....i can't have you going WITHOUT CAKE!!

NOT ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

SOoooo i promptly popped into the kitchen to bake you a delicious IP cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

complete with candle....so MAKE A WISH!!!!!!!!!!

woot woot!!

ENJOY!!!

That is the COOLEST birthday cake EVER!!!.......
Jodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osohealthy View Post
So sad... Boys came home from school and found our dog passed away.. Need to shake the mood, my Dau and newborn land any second. But gosh it is hard he was 15 and I realized it was bound to happen. Just the timing. I guess I should be grateful, yesterday was my birthday and tomorrow is DD.. Send good juju and vibes my way...
Aww...I am SO very sorry for your loss...that is one of the hardest things to go through!! I am sending hugs and prayers your way....
Jodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #100  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone! I haven't been posting lately, more of a lurker as of late... but! I have a question for you all. I've been on IP for nearly two months now, and I'm tired and sluggish feeling all the tiiime! Am I doing something wrong?
Meagan240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #101  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osohealthy View Post
Oh, so sorry to hear that. I am sending good vibes...

We lost our beloved Licorice (a flat coated retriever) last summer and I'm still not over it!! She was with us for almost 16 years - an important part of the family.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #102  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
And now me, on maternity leave no less.

Tough going, something has to give.
I got laid off while on maternity leave, too- but I was just thankful they waited until I went out, because that way I still got my full six weeks of pay. I had only been there a little over a year, and would have gotten two weeks severance if I was still full time when the layoff happened. Rough going, I know. I tried to focus on the fact that it meant we got lots of time with our little boy- that was the silver lining. You've got to find something positive or you'll lose your mind.

Sending good vibes your way!
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #103  
IP Start date 8-11-12

S/C/G: 204/204/125

Height: 5'6

Just had a NSV!! I am away for the weekend and staying at a huge resort. Well, I was good and packed all of my food for the weekend and made my poor hubby pack his too even though he's not on a diet, lol. So, we get here and they tell us there is no microwave anywhere here at this resort! This place has 7 buildings...it's a huge resort next to Disneyworld....and not 1 microwave?!?! Apparently, they don't have microwaves because they want everyone to spend money on the food here at the resort restaurants. Well, after giving my sob story to the manager and several others about how I would just have to starve for the weekend, they finally took me to a microwave in the staff break room. So, I think I deserve a "congrats" for going through so much trouble tonight just to make sure I stick to this diet! For me, this was a pretty big thing. The old me would have said "screw, it. I guess I HAVE to go be bad".

Week 1 WI: -6.6
Saradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #104  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

So sorry about the job, that's a tough spot to be in. Be proud of yourself for recognizing your emotional food triggers and taking control. That's also something that IP has taught me about myself and my triggers.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
im so hungry today..someone stop me!!! having like serious hunger attacks!..no cravings..just hungry...seriously! thought i was over the week 1 hungry stage....geeze!!!

End of whine.
I found I got really hungry when i switched to Muscle Milk lite. There is just not enough protein in it. I was glad to finish it off and go back to the Premier Protein RTDs form Costco.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote