3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 08/16/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264657-ip-daily-chat-thursday-08-16-12-a.html)

rissimo 08-16-2012 06:27 AM

IP Daily Chat Thursday 08/16/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Big Daddy 08-16-2012 06:46 AM

good morning everyone have a great day.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097...0/230/266/.png

njkmaine 08-16-2012 06:55 AM

Good Morning Everyone - phase 1 week 1 day 1

Had a great orientation with my coach yesterday; the food industry has a lot to answer for don't they?

Hope everyone has great OP day!

NJK

bttrhalf 08-16-2012 06:56 AM

good morning all, up early here in the northwest. can't sleep still healing from shingles and back is hurting this morning can't wait for the muscle twinges to go away and the iching.
everyone have a great op day. I was supposed to WI today but changed it for tomorow morning since i will still be off work tomorrow and have doc appointments today hoping for great numbers, and the whoosh fairy to visit.

njkmaine 08-16-2012 07:15 AM

Holy Cr*#P - just tried the chocolate drink mixed with my morning coffee - YUMMY; we are off to a good start.

Sorry bttrhalf that you are dealing with that - I understand it's quite painful.
hope you are feeling better by the weekend

NJK

bttrhalf 08-16-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njkmaine (Post 4438988)
Holy Cr*#P - just tried the chocolate drink mixed with my morning coffee - YUMMY; we are off to a good start.

Sorry bttrhalf that you are dealing with that - I understand it's quite painful.
hope you are feeling better by the weekend

NJK

thanks for the well wishes. it is getting better jsut wish it would hurry ( i don't like waitning to feel better):D

dizzyjean 08-16-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bttrhalf (Post 4438982)
good morning all, up early here in the northwest. can't sleep still healing from shingles and back is hurting this morning can't wait for the muscle twinges to go away and the iching.
everyone have a great op day. I was supposed to WI today but changed it for tomorow morning since i will still be off work tomorrow and have doc appointments today hoping for great numbers, and the whoosh fairy to visit.

I'm so sorry. My Mom had it a couple years ago. What a trial! Hope you are much better soon!

Jeanie

WhoDat730 08-16-2012 07:43 AM

Bttrhalf - Hope you start feeling better! :hug:

I left my breakfast shake at home today :( but there is a deli at work, I'm going to order some egg whites.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Lynnie63 08-16-2012 07:46 AM

Morning,

i haven't posted or visited much lately and find myself with the negative talk. I definatly need to visit here more! You all help a lot!

Over the past few weeks, I had a .8# gain, then a 1# loss, and yesterday a 2.8# loss. Even tho I know this is a long process and I know that there will be ups and downs, it still stinks to see that gain and then the small loss. I'm glad for the 2.8# this week, for me, that's a good loss. I loose slower than a lot of poeple for some reason.

I'm so close to 50! I'm at 49.8! OMG. I won't by my 50# Alex and Ani bracelet until I reach 50# - so next week is the plan. After 50#, comes the half way point at 59# loss, then Onederland 10# later. So, I will have an exciting fall!

Take care everyone, have a great OP day.

chremme 08-16-2012 07:58 AM

Lynnie -
Hang in there!

I had a .8 gain this past week too (my first gain... boo) and have been STRESSING about it. I'm trying to be more realistic and put it in perspective. We're still going great! Fluctuations are natural.

Keep your head up.
XO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnie63 (Post 4439016)
Morning,

i haven't posted or visited much lately and find myself with the negative talk. I definatly need to visit here more! You all help a lot!

Over the past few weeks, I had a .8# gain, then a 1# loss, and yesterday a 2.8# loss. Even tho I know this is a long process and I know that there will be ups and downs, it still stinks to see that gain and then the small loss. I'm glad for the 2.8# this week, for me, that's a good loss. I loose slower than a lot of poeple for some reason.

I'm so close to 50! I'm at 49.8! OMG. I won't by my 50# Alex and Ani bracelet until I reach 50# - so next week is the plan. After 50#, comes the half way point at 59# loss, then Onederland 10# later. So, I will have an exciting fall!

chremme 08-16-2012 08:02 AM

It's been a rough week. I had my first weight gain at a weigh-in.

I've haven't had a bad one, yet, and have been working my arse off (literally) to stay OP. I went from Phase 3 to Phase 4 last week and eased in verrrry gradually (most of my lunches and dinners remained the same). Thursday was my birthday, and I went out of town and ended up having drinks with friends for three nights in a row. During the day, I stayed totally OP and worked out since I knew I'd be going out.

Regardless, at my weigh-in, I was up about a pound. I know that's not a lot, but I was getting excited to get back to my social life of being able to go out and have a few with friends and not having to worry about taking back all the work I just put in with the diet.

Help! I feel so hopeless. Any words of wisdom?

Is it better to eat completely Phase 1 (carb-less) on days when you know you'll be drinking that night (to make up for it)? Or is it better to eat Phase 4, and get your insulin pumping? How can you best prepare your body for a "cheat night"? How much alcohol is too much for a normal Phase 4 day?

What I was thinking is Phase 1 Sunday - Thursday, Friday - Saturday free days. I do better with extremes, like if I have a very set structure during the week and then can completely relax for weekends.

Has anyone tried this technique? Any luck?

Big hugs!
c

IP43 08-16-2012 08:09 AM

I usually post at night... be nice to see my name not on page 18 LOL... what is the difference between posting here or some of the "Vol 11" or whatever posts... there are so many places, I forget where I've been and don't want to post in the wrong spot.
Also, is there a quick way to see what messages you posted yourself? I asked a few questions, but now can't find me! LOL .... the answers remain a mystery...

fitgirl2012 08-16-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

I sure hope that you get to feeling better soon! It's no fun to be that sick. Take care of you! :hug:

fitgirl2012 08-16-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njkmaine (Post 4438980)

Had a great orientation with my coach yesterday; the food industry has a lot to answer for don't they?

NJK

Good luck! Stick with the program, and this site, and you will lose!

fitgirl2012 08-16-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Morning,

Hey, a loss is a loss! Looks like you are doing a wonderful job of reaching your goals...you'll be there before you know it!!:)

fitgirl2012 08-16-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chremme (Post 4439038)

I've haven't had a bad one, yet, and have been working my arse off (literally) to stay OP. I went from Phase 3 to Phase 4 last week and eased in verrrry gradually (most of my lunches and dinners remained the same). Thursday was my birthday, and I went out of town and ended up having drinks with friends for three nights in a row. During the day, I stayed totally OP and worked out since I knew I'd be going out.

Regardless, at my weigh-in, I was up about a pound. I know that's not a lot, but I was getting excited to get back to my social life of being able to go out and have a few with friends and not having to worry about taking back all the work I just put in with the diet.

Is it better to eat completely Phase 1 (carb-less) on days when you know you'll be drinking that night (to make up for it)? Or is it better to eat Phase 4, and get your insulin pumping? How can you best prepare your body for a "cheat night"? How much alcohol is too much for a normal Phase 4 day?

What I was thinking is Phase 1 Sunday - Thursday, Friday - Saturday free days. I do better with extremes, like if I have a very set structure during the week and then can completely relax for weekends.

Big hugs!
c

Not sure I can give advise here yet, however, I thought that once you are on phase 4 you can have 1 cheat day, then do ONE phase 1 day. After that resume phase four. I bet the others will give you more insight here. :)

fitgirl2012 08-16-2012 08:32 AM

Good morning! Today is WI #2 for me. We will see how that goes!

One thing that I have noticed is that I lost the same amount of weight this time around in only 10 days WITHOUT exercising. Last time I lost this amount of weight in 18 days while exercising...and you know me...I was doing strength training, yoga, cardio & ect & felt like crap by the end of the day. Without the exercise, for now, I've been feeling so much better! So we will see how later today goes!

BTW...saw your picts Vet late last night...you look amazing! Looked like there were many successes yesterday! Go Team!!!

Kaypix 08-16-2012 08:49 AM

Morning replies

Quote:

NJK

NJ: Welcome to the team :)

Quote:

My cousin got shingles the week of her wedding, I did everything I could to help prevent the stress since that made her break out in them :( I hope you heal up fast!

Quote:

Big hugs!
c

C: You are playing with fire my friend. If you have a coach, talk to them. First of all, almost everyone GAINS up to 3-5 pounds when they go into phase 4. Second of all, when you are IN phase 4 (unless I'm mistaken, if so someone let me know), you get ONE day of "cheatery" followed by one day of phase 1. If you are sitting there, justifying two days of cheating every week, you should be prepared for the consequences. Not only that, but this diet is not made to be on for forever, not Phases 1,2 or even 3. So going into phase 1 for 5 days, maybe getting into ketosis, maybe not, then binging for two days is going to stress the heck out of your body. I am thinking the reason you had a gain was a combination of alcohol (there's a reason they call it a beer belly) 3 nights in a row, and moving into phase 4. If you're going to do phase 4, commit to it and read the literature about it, but if you're thinking about skipping back to phase 1 to finish losing until you are at your actual goal, then no more cheating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4439044)
I usually post at night... be nice to see my name not on page 18 LOL... what is the difference between posting here or some of the "Vol 11" or whatever posts... there are so many places, I forget where I've been and don't want to post in the wrong spot.
Also, is there a quick way to see what messages you posted yourself? I asked a few questions, but now can't find me! LOL .... the answers remain a mystery...

More people read the daily I think than the volumes, as they get super long, even longer than this! I read dailies but not volumes.
Go to your User CP and you can find all posts by you, or click on your name in the avatar field in these posts and "View all posts by ___ ", it'll be an option under the "send a private message" and one other one, "view public profile" i think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 (Post 4439065)
Good morning! Today is WI #2 for me. We will see how that goes!

One thing that I have noticed is that I lost the same amount of weight this time around in only 10 days WITHOUT exercising. Last time I lost this amount of weight in 18 days while exercising...and you know me...I was doing strength training, yoga, cardio & ect & felt like crap by the end of the day. Without the exercise, for now, I've been feeling so much better! So we will see how later today goes!

BTW...saw your picts Vet late last night...you look amazing! Looked like there were many successes yesterday! Go Team!!!

Exercising and this diet don't always get along, it's bizarre!

IPdivajen 08-16-2012 08:52 AM

Morning, all! Hope everyone has a great Thursday - the weekend's so close, I love it! Especially since we have no plans. Ah, the simple bliss of sleeping in!

chremme - I think it's perfectly reasonable to have a bit of a gain given where you are in phasing out. Even without alcohol! You're replenishing your glycostores just by reintroducing carbs. So don't sweat it - this is going to be real life going forward! If you have a big meal or a few drinks, do a phase one type day the next day then get back to phase 4 the day after. You've got this!

Kaypix 08-16-2012 08:53 AM

Tennis Elbow sucks

This is so dumb. I got tennis elbow by riding my motorcycle too much >.< So now, I alternate between ice and trying not to move it for extended periods of time. All in all, suckery I tell you!

I'm awake, my dogs are being worse than usual this morning, which equates to them being in "fantastic" moods, destroying everything, "talking" to me non stop, and is only compounded by the cats doing something very similar.

I have this really sinking suspicion that today is going to suck at work, not really sure why, just one of those ominous feelings... I hate those.

Well, I better wake up DH, my day is not starting awesome...here's hoping it improves!

jwdesselle 08-16-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4439100)
This is so dumb. I got tennis elbow by riding my motorcycle too much >.< So now, I alternate between ice and trying not to move it for extended periods of time. All in all, suckery I tell you!

I'm awake, my dogs are being worse than usual this morning, which equates to them being in "fantastic" moods, destroying everything, "talking" to me non stop, and is only compounded by the cats doing something very similar.

I have this really sinking suspicion that today is going to suck at work, not really sure why, just one of those ominous feelings... I hate those.

Ah, I can relate to all this, except for the cats I don't have. But, when I have a morning like this I turn it into a game and challenge myself to see how good of a day I can turn it into. Hang in there and good luck! :hug:

mini anna 08-16-2012 09:00 AM

good morning everyone!
the love i have for IP is unconditional
4 weeks and no cheating - this program is way too good
had my WI last night - -19lbs ! :D

all of you are an inspiration.
I read more than i post and you all help me stay motivated!

so i dont only have IP to thank but you guys as well

scorbett1103 08-16-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Big hugs!
c

I'm new to IP but been on the diet rollercoaster for a long time. I can tell you this - you CANNOT GAME THE SYSTEM and go back to your "old" life. Your old habits are what landed you where you were before. Ultimately, you have to choose what is more important - food hedonism on the weekends and throwing your body back on the rollercoaster, or committing to making the choices that will keep you where you have worked so hard to be. Trying to game the diet is going to hurt your body and eventually land you back at square 1.

mini anna 08-16-2012 09:04 AM

IPdivajen - you look amazing!!! wow

njkmaine - im drinking mine with the vanilla shake at this very moment.. ill have to try the chocolate!

bttrhalf - ouch feel better ;)

Aimiloo 08-16-2012 09:21 AM

So it's day 4 for me, and other than the weight loss (ok i peeked and have lost 6 lbs in 3 days? DUDE!) the best thing about this for me at the moment is showing the issue I have with food. Mostly eating outside of my home. Just in the past 2 days alone I would have eaten at a host of fast food and to go places just out of habit. (Five guys, Panera and the bagel shop most notably). It was just part of my day. I had an interview yesterday there was a 5G next to it, I almost went there out of habit and was like wait no, don't forget what you're doing! And i'd packed a chocolate RTD and had that as i drove home. I went to the post office, there is a coffee place I would have gotten an iced with sugar and milk. I open my junk drawer and there are hard candies I would have popped in my mouth. Today after dropping my son at daycare as I was driving home to have my IP shake, I almost got into the left hand turn out of HABIT. (not because I wanted to hit panera).

It's really REALLY opening my eyes to the issue I had with food on the go. I looked in the back of my car as I need to go to the dump and my garbage basket has TWO fast food bags. How did I become THAT person?! I pride myself on whole foods blah blah and here I am an on the go junkie

No, make that I WAS an on the go junkie. No more!!! :jig::jig::jig:

shathom 08-16-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Sincerely hoping you are feeling better real soon! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4439044)

Vol 11 is where you post if you're 100% OP. :D

shathom 08-16-2012 09:27 AM

Good morning all, it is a great day in FL it finally stopped raining. Have a great day all.

scorbett1103 08-16-2012 09:30 AM

Goooood morning!

Hoping for a somewhat low-key day today - waiting around for a customer to pick up an order, then on to the 3yo's checkup (gotta make sure we're up to date in case we decided to send him to preschool!) and playtime at my SIL's house. They live close and their kids are the same age as ours, so we get the cousins together for play and the mommies get to chat :)

One more day of work tomorrow then STAYCATION WEEK! First order of business...sleep in, if the boys will let me :)

mompattie 08-16-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Big hugs!
c

What phase are you in?? This is a NO CHEAT diet until a planned cheat day in maintanance. Most of us in this thread are still phase 1, maybe maintanance thread will be able to help

Big Daddy 08-16-2012 09:39 AM

Ok need some help. I have class three days next week from 8 to 4:30. Any ideas what i could do for breakfast and lunch. Any way to make a muffin out of the oatmeal its my fav for breakfast. Any help would be great.

ragdoll74 08-16-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy (Post 4439159)
Ok need some help. I have class three days next week from 8 to 4:30. Any ideas what i could do for breakfast and lunch. Any way to make a muffin out of the oatmeal its my fav for breakfast. Any help would be great.

I like making zuchini muffins out of the oatmeal. It makes 3 muffins per serving, so you can snack on it through out the day. There is also a recipe for making a cake/muffin out of the pudding.

Zuchini muffins
1 package of Ideal Protein Maple Oatmeal
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 tsp of stevia
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2-3/4 of small zucchini finely grated (squeeze out excess juice) 2-3 oz water
Beat the egg in a bowl. Add Maple Oatmeal, baking powder, salt, Sucralose, cinnamon, and zucchini. Mix and gradually add water until you have a good batter. Bake at 385°F (200°C) for 20 minutes. Makes 3 regular muffins or 12-bite size

bttrhalf 08-16-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4439166)
I like making zuchini muffins out of the oatmeal. It makes 3 muffins per serving, so you can snack on it through out the day. There is also a recipe for making a cake/muffin out of the pudding.

Zuchini muffins
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 tsp of stevia
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
Beat the egg in a bowl. Add Maple Oatmeal, baking powder, salt, Sucralose, cinnamon, and zucchini. Mix and gradually add water until you have a good batter. Bake at 385°F (200°C) for 20 minutes. Makes 3 regular muffins or 12-bite size

are all the mufins one serving?:?:

ragdoll74 08-16-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bttrhalf (Post 4439189)
are all the mufins one serving?:?:

Yes, because you only use one packet of maple oatmeal.

Big Daddy 08-16-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4439166)

Zuchini muffins
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 tsp of stevia
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon

sweet thanks thats what i needed.

mommyof3girls 08-16-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

NJK

Congratultions for starting this journey! You will be so glad you did.

Tigerlvr52 08-16-2012 10:25 AM

Good morning from going to be very HOT HOT HOT sunny Seattle. It was already 68 degrees at 6:30 this morning. Now it is usually not this hot here but it's going to be a scorcher. My DH is home on vacation and I put all the fans on and he will probably spend the day with my sister, nephew, sisters dog, brother, brother's gf, brothers dog all at my Mom's house with her AC.

As for me... work work work.

Here's today's installment of

Brandy's feel Good Quote of the Day:

"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you
always got"

Wow how profound of a statement for us struggling with weight. I see a ton of people posting how they want to have a cheat day on Phase 1 or they make a mistake and have something off plan..... how does that help us. Oh I put myself in that category as well since I had my boo boo day in June. But it's time for us to put on our big kid undies and do what we started and finish what we began. There is no excuse for not loosing even a small amount. Inches or lbs can be both successes. Read the quote again... how can it change you?

GoalFor40 08-16-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimiloo (Post 4439135)
It's really REALLY opening my eyes to the issue I had with food on the go. I looked in the back of my car as I need to go to the dump and my garbage basket has TWO fast food bags. How did I become THAT person?! I pride myself on whole foods blah blah and here I am an on the go junkie

No, make that I WAS an on the go junkie. No more!!! :jig::jig::jig:

This is me all over. Over the past year or so it has completely gotten out of control with me, and it needed to stop. I am just entering my third week OP, and if your experience is anything like mine, the first week will be very tough, but when you get through it you will feel so much better than you ever felt. I now fall asleep easily, wake easily, and don't get a crash in the afternoon. I guess this is how "normal" people feel all of the time! :rolleyes:

I am so glad I started this program, because aside from the weight loss (which is definitely needed), I am starting to be able to imagine a different kind of life for myself. One that doesn't include shopping in special stores, not being able to find shoes that fit, dragging my arse through the day every day, and just making do with my life, instead of making something special. It took me this long, but I finally feel like I am ready to make a permanent change.

Thanks to all for the support- I wouldn't have made it through week one if not for this forum!

iwiggy58 08-16-2012 10:43 AM

Good mornin'. Going to be OP today and try not to crab about it! This program is a pain for me so far, but being at my weight is a pain too! My biggest complaint is that I find it very difficult to cook for 3 kids and a husband and then have to eat something different from them. I hate to cook so fixing two different dinners is a bit of a mess for me. But alas....I will carry on! Good day every one!

usmcvet 08-16-2012 10:44 AM

First visit to my clinic in a month. I bought some much needed IP food and had a huge bonus. They have a hole punch they let their clients use to punch holes in their belts! I really, really needed that today! All day yesterday those 48" pants that fit when I tried them on were falling off my butt every time I stood up!:carrot:

usmcvet 08-16-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Sorry. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by njkmaine (Post 4438988)
NJK

Yes very good.

Quote:

Morning,

You can do this we have your back! Just do what you need to do to make it happen. You will be so happy once you pass fifty big ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy (Post 4439159)

Packing a lunch with salad and a blender bottle with water in it ahead of time works well for me. I carry extra packets in my truck and have them in a bankers box in my office at work. I love the chocolate shakes.