Old 08-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 08/23/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 08-23-2012 at 06:26 AM.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

good morning all....

Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Hello Everyone. My first weigh in was yesterday, I lost 12.2 lbs!!! Fab! It feels really good. Week one wasn't so bad. I didn't get any headaches. started back to work so was very busy, always good to keep me from prowling around my cupboards.
How do I make the maple oatmeal crunchy/chewy to use as a topping/base with rhubarb. Thanks, have a lovely day.
TwoTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/180/140

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning. So happy to have found this site! There are so many great tips and inspiring stories. I'm going into week 3 and am down 14lbs and 7.2 inches.
Chriskii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #5  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
Hello Everyone. My first weigh in was yesterday, I lost 12.2 lbs!!! Fab! It feels really good. Week one wasn't so bad. I didn't get any headaches. started back to work so was very busy, always good to keep me from prowling around my cupboards.
How do I make the maple oatmeal crunchy/chewy to use as a topping/base with rhubarb. Thanks, have a lovely day.
Great job! I would love to find rhubarb either fresh or frozen, but no luck
mommyof3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #6  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskii View Post
Good Morning. So happy to have found this site! There are so many great tips and inspiring stories. I'm going into week 3 and am down 14lbs and 7.2 inches.
This is site is wonderful for motivation and answers. I know there are days it has kept me going.
mommyof3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:04 AM   #7  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

gooood morning ipeeps!!!!!!!!!!!!

make it a beautiful day!!!

GET YOUR DANCE ON!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5fOZ68MgMM
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody ! Rise and shine!

Today I am going to the library to get some health books. I am determined to understand how my body works as I wade through all this gallbladder and liver business.

Then I need to get back to making some curtains for a friend's house and planning a quilt for my niece's baby. As the weather gets cooler, I dread the winter because I froze last year, but look forward to using the oven more to make the flatbreads and other things. I discovered rhubarb last year and fell in love with it...

Hope you all have an inspiring and happy Thursday !

Margaret
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning IPers! Hope everyone has a great day planned! I have to start getting ready for the littlest's 3rd birthday party on Saturday. Been trying to enjoy "staycation" but it's time to buckle down and get things in order so I'm not up all night Friday!

I've been kind of avoiding the Blueberry pom drinks and the raspberry jello when I read so many people posting that their coaches advised not to use it as a 3rd packet for the day because of the incomplete proteins. But last night I was really in the mood for something "dessert"-y and I hate not using the packets I have! So I chopped up a cup of rhubarb and cooked it in the microwave for 2 minutes until it could be mashed. Mixed it with the Raspberry jelly and 2 Tbsp of the WF strawberry jam. It made enough for 2 servings and was the PERFECT dessert snack! I didn't feel like I was "overdoing" packets either since it was just a half serving. I reduced my dinner veggies by 1/2 cup to account for the rhubarb too.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #10  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

I've been kind of avoiding the Blueberry pom drinks and the raspberry jello when I read so many people posting that their coaches advised not to use it as a 3rd packet for the day because of the incomplete proteins. But last night I was really in the mood for something "dessert"-y and I hate not using the packets I have! So I chopped up a cup of rhubarb and cooked it in the microwave for 2 minutes until it could be mashed. Mixed it with the Raspberry jelly and 2 Tbsp of the WF strawberry jam. It made enough for 2 servings and was the PERFECT dessert snack! I didn't feel like I was "overdoing" packets either since it was just a half serving. I reduced my dinner veggies by 1/2 cup to account for the rhubarb too.
i have my jello....almost every day....usually 1/4 serving and i just count it as an EXTRA. i will make the IP raspberry jelly...using 2 CUPS OF LIQUID....sometimes with a flavored tea as my "water", like raspberry tea, or pomegranate black tea...etc...and add 1 tbsp SF flavored syrup like raspberry, or strawberry, and ADD 1 packet of gelatin. then i pour it into 4 glass dishes...1/2 cup servings. this makes my jello dessert cost just over 1.00 instead of 4.00.

sometimes i will make the jello using the blue pom drink as liquid too....very flavorful...and sometimes i use the grape drink i bought from nashua nutrition for grape jello!!!! i love my gelatin!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-23-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Good morning IPers! Hope everyone has a great day planned! I have to start getting ready for the littlest's 3rd birthday party on Saturday. Been trying to enjoy "staycation" but it's time to buckle down and get things in order so I'm not up all night Friday!

My coach says that having one of these collagen drinks every other day is fine. This afternoon at work, we have a goodbye party for an employee, so I will have my pom drink on ice while everyone else has ice cream and cookies! That works for me!
dizzyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i have my jello....almost every day....usually 1/4 serving and i just count it as an EXTRA. i will make the IP raspberry jelly...using 2 CUPS OF LIQUID....sometimes with a flavored tea as my "water", like raspberry tea, or pomegranate black tea...etc...and add 1 tbsp SF flavored syrup like raspberry, or strawberry, and ADD i packet of gelatin. then i pour it into 4 glass dishes...1/2 cup servings. this makes my jello dessert cost 1.00 instead of 4.00. and at only 22 calories...i can just have 1 or 2 a day anytime i want a little something!!!

sometimes i will make the jello using the blue pom drink as liquid too....very flavorful...and sometimes i use the grape drink i bought from nashua nutrition for grape jello!!!! i love my gelatin!!!!

I love it too! Having 1/4 serving as a daily snack is along the lines of what I was thinking, not enough to really count in my daily intake, but enough to get that taste in my mouth and have a little treat I can look forward to!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #13  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i have my jello....almost every day....usually 1/4 serving and i just count it as an EXTRA. i will make the IP raspberry jelly...using 2 CUPS OF LIQUID....sometimes with a flavored tea as my "water", like raspberry tea, or pomegranate black tea...etc...and add 1 tbsp SF flavored syrup like raspberry, or strawberry, and ADD 1 packet of gelatin. then i pour it into 4 glass dishes...1/2 cup servings. this makes my jello dessert cost just over 1.00 instead of 4.00.

That's a good idea. I still get hungry and the jello doesnt really help with the hunger for very long. I never wanted to "waste" one of my packet allowances on jello, even though it tastes so yummy.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #14  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
That's a good idea. I still get hungry and the jello doesnt really help with the hunger for very long. I never wanted to "waste" one of my packet allowances on jello, even though it tastes so yummy.
i know what you mean...i tried to have the jello as just my lunch or breakfast because everyone says the gelatin is so good for for helping retain the elasticity in your skin as it "shrinks" so i want to have it every day....but i was too hungry...so this way i feel good about getting in my gelatin everyday!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning IP family! As I plan my menu for the day and think about how to best spend the last few days of summer break, I am stricken by the gratitude I feel for so many of you and for this board
Riss – Your post on Wednesday was beautiful and awe inspiring. Thank you for being so honest and letting us use your strength.
RainbowSmiles – I love seeing your posts every day – you are definitely a bright spot on our board and your upbeat attitude is just what I need!
Sewmam – Your calm thoughtful approach to everything – from you health concerns to preparing for winter – make me feel settled. You are a great inspiration.
IP43 - thanks for the camping suggestions. I know what to do… just have to get myself to actually do it! Lol Your encouragement helps.
Of course Wuv – your tough love and unwavering conviction – strength for me to draw from.
Wingnut, Scorbett, LizRR, Tigrlvr… and so many others … make me thankful for this site.

Wishing everyone a Great OP IP Day!!
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote