Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I have tried the novi cleanse twice and did not like it. It made me nauseous and I couldn't see any real benefit.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #47  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Just need a moment.... breath.........
Someone Brought in cupcakes.... breath.... walk by them... smell the cake... breath.... walk back to desk. Drink H20....... Breath.... don't think of them.

Last edited by Tigerlvr52; 08-09-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Good Morning Fellow IPers!

Doing great staying OP this week...no "little cheats" at ALL. Feels great. Although nervous for WI on Saturday as I have not had a BM since Sunday. Ran out of NoviLax.

I also CANNOT wait until the cooler weather so I can hide the damn bat wings. UGH! So gross.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 08-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #49  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all ! Had a chat with the BF and said NO more bringing home my favorite camembert and champagne PLEASE! I have to NEED to get control of ME again... and today.....I am feeling stronger...hopeful... heading to the gym after work to work out some 'stress' on the ol' treadmill...... wont go crazy to stall any loss ...but will concentrate on the 'butt' LOL...... inclines.... elliptical etc... hugs to all!
I think removing the trigger foods is HUGE! Especially when you are at such a critical point trying to start gaining your momentum! I had the house purged, but after a while I was able to be around the crap stuff without any desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Pour 5 oz (150 ml) hot water into a bowl. Add contents of one packet and stir until completely dissolved. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.

I found this to be VERY thick (almost like Knox blox). I'm using 6 oz next time.
Also, you can add stewed rhubarb for some 'fruit' - I didn't need to add any sweetener to it when I put it in that packet, as the Raspberry Jelly was more than enough flavor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lroderick View Post
Hello Everyone :-)

It's been a while since I've been on the forums butttt, I'm BACK!
Anyways, any thoughts on spaghetti squash? I know squash is listed as "not permitted" but my last run @ IP I ate it to satisfy my need for pasta (cheating with veggies ? can't be too too bad) & I still managed to lose weight ... It's so yummy !!!
It's not on the sheet for a reason - I would avoid it. Add up enough of the extras, a restricted, and an Off-Sheet item and you can easily jump out of ketosis and/or ramp up the insulin production in the pancreas to kick up those cravings depending on your sensitivity which can easily be self-sabotaging.

You can make noodles out of zucchini and seedless cucumbers. I find the zucchini noodles work best in Italian style dishes and cucumber for Asian style dishes.

Here's a link to a recent Zucchini noodle thread. JW used an OXO julienne tool he got at Bed, Bath, & Beyond for ~$10:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...spaghetti.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
20 minute weight workout done. Scale is up a couple pounds. Motrin? TOM? Muscles retaining water? All of the above? I had better get a move on or I'm going to be late for work. Cannot wait to move past this stubborn plateau.
It's normal to have a slight gain after weightlifting, especially if you are just starting out. The mechanism to build muscle is to cause small micro-tears, then the body repairs, aka 'builds'. The body will retain some water for this process - but the water will pass and you will be left with muscle. Don't give it up because of a small plateau (a real stall is >4 weeks, so don't let a few days frustrate you) because more lean mass is always a good thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Such a silly NSV - but I have to share - as you my IPeeps are the only ones who will truly get it - my 10 yr. old had to have a barium swallow today - which means he swallows a bunch of barium liquid and then they take x-rays. We wanted to stay in the room with him, so we had to wear the radiation apron - and for the first time ever I didn't hesitate or worry that I was too big to have it fit - it just did - so I could continue to focus on my son instead of my weight - what a great thing. Have an OP day all!
That is an AWESOME NSV! I definitely credit IP for making me a better mom. I have more energy, am setting a good example, and feel so much better about myself which I think translates into 'Happy Mom, Happy Kid'. Not to mention we are all eating so much better at my house. My son is only 2, but I feel really good starting his life off filled with healthy vegetables!

I commented on another thread about how I wore a 'real' bathing suit for the first time in FOREVER a few weeks ago at the beach and was completely comfortable and had a great time running around with him. Focused on him and our time together rather than if my thighs were covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedEnough View Post
For the past 4 or 5 days, I have been telling myself that after my WI last night I was going to have a "cheat" buy a chocolate bar and then today I was going to have a "cheat" meal. Heck on the last program I was on, I took an entire cheat day each week and I still lost 50lbs. (it did take 18 months) But the truth of the matter is, I don't want to! I really don't feel like it. While I find this strange especially considering my past experience, I think its a huge success!!
This program won't work if you cheat. Actually, if you cheat - you kick yourself out of ketosis - remember how crappy you felt those first 3-5 days? You will have to go through it ALL OVER AGAIN - not to mention the money you waste on packets getting back into the magic fat burning mode:
3 packets/day * $4/packet * 3-5 days to get into ketosis = $36-$60 flushed down the toilet.

I can think of a lot more fun things to do with $60 than suffer through my first days of IP again!

Last edited by LizRR; 08-09-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #50  
started IP Aug 7 2012

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Today is week 1 day 3 for me and boy do I have a headache
Old 08-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #51  
started IP Aug 7 2012

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Just need a moment.... breath.........
Someone Brought in cupcakes.... breath.... walk by them... smell the cake... breath.... walk back to desk. Drink H20....... Breath.... don't think of them.
That's awesome I will have to remember that quote ty
Old 08-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey lizRR

Ii had the same experience! I wore a bikini to the beach with my kids and never worried about how I was sitting, covering up, etc! I have not worn a bikini in years.

My dh loved it. My bikini is orange and he said I looked like a bond girl. Lol
Old 08-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #53  
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedEnough View Post
Thanks for your thoughts! I think what is holding me back is that soon I won't have any choice but to cheat. I am leaving on Saturday to Girl Guide Camp with my daughter for a week. And while I am taking packets (drinks, puddings and bars) with me I also know that I have no control over the dinner meal nor the amount or type of veggies available. I have just looked at the positive and that is that WI was last night... so I have 3 days OP before I leave, and then I have 4(almost 5) days to get back into ketosis and back OP before my next weigh in. While I am away I will do my best to stick to proteins and veggies where ever possible and hope that that I can at least maintain this first loss while I am away.
Hi FrustratedEnough. I can relate somewhat -- I just got back from vacation where we put 900 miles on the rental car in a week (with no Subways on the road). I was most concerned about how to get veggies into those days. So borrowing from Wingnutandme (I believe), I made a bunch of 2c portions of kale chips, put them in ziploc bags, then put the bags in airtight tupperware. They stayed fresh the entire week and were quite tasty

I did get a bit derailed on vacation a couple times, but I still lost .4lbs at my WI yesterday and I was down another 2 inches. YAY

I'm interested in the c25k program too...I need to work some sustainable exercise into my routine! DH and I have committed to walking the dogs more but I don't think that will cut it.

Congrats to everyone with losses today! And Happy Birthday to mompattie and congrats on the century club to ipdivajen. I hope Vegas is fabulous (I just got married there with 65 of our closest friends and family in February and it was great!)

Last edited by jules26965; 08-09-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

[QUOTE=LizRR;4432552]I think removing the trigger foods is HUGE! Especially when you are at such a critical point trying to start gaining your momentum! I had the house purged, but after a while I was able to be around the crap stuff without any desire.]

you are so right about that....... thank you!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Ok, I have a question for all my teacher friends out there. I start back to work next week and I'm wondering how to deal with all the restroom breaks. My. Class blocks are 80 minutes. In the past I know there entire days when I don't use the restroom. With drinking all this water I go, go, go! I might have to get some Depends So how do you all handle it?
I am worried about this myself. I plan on getting up early and downing at least 32 oz before I leave the house, drinking another big water bottle just before lunch and then get in as much water as I can just before and as soon as school gets out. Trying to time major water consumption when I know I will have time to use the bathroom. This worked for me in May. I got most of my water in in the afternoon and I was up a few times at night but that worked for me. Good Luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
Vet just went to camp with his son, and I think he managed. Don't assume you will "have to" cheat. Make it work for you.
I agree locopollo! I think if you brought your veggies all cut up in baggies in a cooler you could make it work. Pre-cooked hamburger patties, turkey burger patties etc. If there is a kitchen where staff will be preparing meals, ask them if they could help you out on your "medically necessary" diet and store your food for you. That is my opinion/advice and what I would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoological26 View Post
Today is week 1 day 3 for me and boy do I have a headache
USE YOUR SEA SALT!!! A tsp in some water will help so much! I used to have migraines and they are a thing of the past now because of this salt trick. As soon as I feel a headache coming on, I down some salt water and it goes away. This in only temporary and in a few days the headaches will be GONE! You can do it!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #56  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Good morning (well afternoon for some of you) everyone!!!

Today I had to bring my little ones to school for their first day. My little little one cried just a tiny bit this time. Last year we made the front page of our local newspaper b/c he was crying and I was hugging him. This year I didnt have to console him as much. His teacher was very nice. He's in 2nd grade

My middle one went right on in and almost forgot to hug me, LOL. She's in 3rd grade.

My oldest is a senior in high school. I cant believe I am having to say that.

SO anyone have any big plans for the weekend? I am hoping my weekend will be very relaxing. Since last weekend we were camping and I was not home. I have some laundry to do and maybe clean out a kids bedroom. Once they get to that certain age they dont need toys anymore, LOL

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Good morning (well afternoon for some of you) everyone!!!

Today I had to bring my little ones to school for their first day. My little little one cried just a tiny bit this time. Last year we made the front page of our local newspaper b/c he was crying and I was hugging him. This year I didnt have to console him as much. His teacher was very nice. He's in 2nd grade

My middle one went right on in and almost forgot to hug me, LOL. She's in 3rd grade.

My oldest is a senior in high school. I cant believe I am having to say that.

SO anyone have any big plans for the weekend? I am hoping my weekend will be very relaxing. Since last weekend we were camping and I was not home. I have some laundry to do and maybe clean out a kids bedroom. Once they get to that certain age they dont need toys anymore, LOL

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!
Hey there!
wow I remember the first day of school for my little one.. yep crying and clinging to me... then they grow up LOL a lot faster than you think they will when you are 'in the moment'. This weekend my 'youngest' and I ( he is now 21) will go try out the glow in the dark miniputt ....should be fun! Am trying to squeeze in as much one on one time with him before he leaves for basic training Sept 1st. Its hard tho.... between his busy social calendar LOL. So yep, will keep busy with regular weekend chores, mini putt and some small renos at home. Gotta keep my mind occupied and stay away from CHEESE...god its gonna be tough
Old 08-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #58  

I am packing today for my week vacation in Montana. I have to say that I LOVE packing all size 12 clothing in my suitcase!!! No size 18's EVER AGAIN! It is crazy!!! I have my rainbowsmiles IP bag packed and LOTS of extra packets in case I work too hard or get hungry. This is a 100% OP vacation and I can't wait for my family to see me and I can't wait for my grandmother to see me mixing spinach in everything. Should be pretty funny. I will be posting in the daily menu thread to keep me accountable.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #59  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I am packing today for my week vacation in Montana. I have to say that I LOVE packing all size 12 clothing in my suitcase!!! No size 18's EVER AGAIN! It is crazy!!! I have my rainbowsmiles IP bag packed and LOTS of extra packets in case I work too hard or get hungry. This is a 100% OP vacation and I can't wait for my family to see me and I can't wait for my grandmother to see me mixing spinach in everything. Should be pretty funny. I will be posting in the daily menu thread to keep me accountable.
so so so so so so so VERY VERY VERY VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #60  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

RAINBOW:Just wanted to tell you that my chopped up jalapenos in my potato puree bun was THE BOMB last night!!! Loved it. Thanks for that idea
Closed Thread