Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #16  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning to all in the IP land. Today shall be a better day than yesterday since my work issues have finally cleared up. Still all bloaty from the heat and TOM and just waiting for that woosh. Still up 2 lbs which is sad to me. But still better than being at where I started. Each Day is a new one and enjoy it.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
What an awesome 40 birthday present!!! Whoosh fairy thank you!!! 3 lbs gone, total of 47 lbs gone in 13 weeks!!! I love IP!!! Oh, and that new car DH booked us to test drive kinda awesome too!!!
NICE!!!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #18  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
... I didn't to the jogging portion of week 1, it's been so long since I really exercised...but I walked the whole thing at a good pace, and I had a hard boiled egg when I got home. I'll probably do the week 1 program for a few weeks and work my way up to actual jogging.
I love C25K, I'm looking forward to being in week three so I can give it another shot. I did it for a few weeks last year, and even though I never got out of week one of the program, I definitely saw improvement while I kept with it. I usually only managed to do the first two or three running sections, but even that made a big difference- it got a little easier every time I did it. Unfortunately I tore a ligament in my calf, and had to quit before I got to the point where I could actually run- I would love to be able to run!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Scorbett,
Those shoes are amazing!! Please repost photo here today so others can see and enjoy them. They will probably miss them since most just go to the next day's page instead of picking up the last few posts. (I think - and if I'm wrong, those shoes are so fabulous, its eye candy and a repeat is lovely anyway!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Good morning
My mom and her sister are coming up to visit for a Lake Vacation today. Have 12 year old mowing lawn, husband vaccuming, and have washed several loads of laundry already.

Like my mother cares. Mothers and daughters - interesting combination.

This is the first time I've seen my mother since I have gone from a size 14 to a size 4/6. Actually picked out an outfit to show off! Who would have guessed i am 44 years old. Am nervous about the reaction and all the questions. Husband is down 60 pounds on IP (official today) but somehow, he is not worried about his outfit.

Today, i could probably use a glass of wine. (We just put 3 bottles in the fridge for our guests - OUCH)

Have a great OP day.
Maddie,
What a fabulous loss. I'm interested to hear how this goes with Mom and so happy for you and your husband!! Will be looking for your post about that. Enjoy the evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Good Morning to all in the IP land. Today shall be a better day than yesterday since my work issues have finally cleared up. Still all bloaty from the heat and TOM and just waiting for that woosh. Still up 2 lbs which is sad to me. But still better than being at where I started. Each Day is a new one and enjoy it.
Tiger,
Good thought- Each Day is a new one and enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
I love C25K, I'm looking forward to being in week three so I can give it another shot. I did it for a few weeks last year, and even though I never got out of week one of the program, I definitely saw improvement while I kept with it. I usually only managed to do the first two or three running sections, but even that made a big difference- it got a little easier every time I did it. Unfortunately I tore a ligament in my calf, and had to quit before I got to the point where I could actually run- I would love to be able to run!
Hmmm, with all this talk about C25K, maybe I'll go try to give it another shot...had foot surgery in April and am all healed now. Started C25K in 2009, was motivational - would love it if several of us were starting it together and reported to each other - I know I do much better with daily support - just like dieting and this forum!

Big daddy,
One can spend as little as $35/week on alternatives for 1 person, with 3-4, you can buy such great variety, it will be fun and delicious for your crew. Let us know what you order.

Have a wonderful day all, drink extra water, stay OP and just fantasize how great you'll look and feel in a short 2 months - early fall - and be able to wear some fun, fall clothes!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb4640 View Post
I cannot read the instructions on the IP Jello packet very well, can you tell me how to prepare? Thanks!
My coach gave me a sheet with the instructions for all the packets. It is from IP so ask for one!

If I had my scanner hooked up, I'd scan for you & post

Pour 5 oz (150 ml) hot water into a bowl. Add contents of one packet and stir until completely dissolved. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.

I found this to be VERY thick (almost like Knox blox). I'm using 6 oz next time.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 170/155/130

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone :-)

It's been a while since I've been on the forums butttt, I'm BACK!
Anyways, any thoughts on spaghetti squash? I know squash is listed as "not permitted" but my last run @ IP I ate it to satisfy my need for pasta (cheating with veggies ? can't be too too bad) & I still managed to lose weight ... It's so yummy !!!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #22  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
What an awesome 40 birthday present!!! Whoosh fairy thank you!!! 3 lbs gone, total of 47 lbs gone in 13 weeks!!! I love IP!!! Oh, and that new car DH booked us to test drive kinda awesome too!!!
Happy Birthday, and congrats on 47lbs. in 13 weeks - I did the math, and that's over 3.5 a week, WoW!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

[QUOTE=Chloe222;4432356]Scorbett,
Those shoes are amazing!! Please repost photo here today so others can see and enjoy them. They will probably miss them since most just go to the next day's page instead of picking up the last few posts. (I think - and if I'm wrong, those shoes are so fabulous, its eye candy and a repeat is lovely anyway!)

Maddie,
What a fabulous loss. I'm interested to hear how this goes with Mom and so happy for you and your husband!! Will be looking for your post about that. Enjoy the evening!

Tiger,
Good thought- Each Day is a new one and enjoy it.

Hmmm, with all this talk about C25K, maybe I'll go try to give it another shot...had foot surgery in April and am all healed now. Started C25K in 2009, was motivational - would love it if several of us were starting it together and reported to each other - I know I do much better with daily support - just like dieting and this forum!

Big daddy,
One can spend as little as $35/week on alternatives for 1 person, with 3-4, you can buy such great variety, it will be fun and delicious for your crew. Let us know what you order.

Have a wonderful day all, drink extra water, stay OP and just fantasize how great you'll look and feel in a short 2 months - early fall - and be able to wear some fun, fall clothes![/QUO

Will do going to place an order tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Hey old friend...I am with you...I am up up up....I am starting again on Labor Day (September 3rd). In the meantime I am maintaining...no more gaining. I have a few more events planned for the rest of August and I cannot make that full commitment yet...but 100% ready in for the 3rd...need to dump almost 18 pounds from the 83 I lost.
God its an endless battle eh? soooo good to hear from you again... we can do this !
Old 08-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

20 minute weight workout done. Scale is up a couple pounds. Motrin? TOM? Muscles retaining water? All of the above? I had better get a move on or I'm going to be late for work. Cannot wait to move past this stubborn plateau.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #26  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Happy Birthday Pattie!! Nice gift to yourself

Hang in there Tigrlvr, we all know you'll drop those 2 lbs and lots more soon!

Welcome back to the 'returnees'! Hope you kick it for good this time!!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #27  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Good morning! I hope that each of you have a really awesome day!
good morning sewingmomma!!! hope you have an awesome day too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
good morning usmcvet!!!! have a great carrot bumping day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Good morning!

I've been up for a while, today is day 1 of week 3 and I decided to add some exercise to my routine. I found a few podcast playlists for couch to 5k, so I downloaded one that had music I liked and I was off! I didn't to the jogging portion of week 1, it's been so long since I really exercised...but I walked the whole thing at a good pace, and I had a hard boiled egg when I got home. I'll probably do the week 1 program for a few weeks and work my way up to actual jogging.

Hope everyone with WI today got a visit from the Whoosh Fairy, and that everyone has a great day!
good morning scorbett!!! wooohooo woooohoooo you're on your way now!! believe me, i was so surprised that i could even RUN 50 steps!!! thats how i started....i would just add in short runs...5 times in my first mile...on week 1, or 50 steps. now i am up to 100 steps running.
i think i "run" slower than i can "fast walk" haha still, i am giving it my effort. I add an extra protein drink on c25k days...i don't think 1 egg would be enough IMO....its also nice and refreshing to enjoy a cool pina colada after my jog!! woot woot! SO PROUD OF YOU GF!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpetrus56 View Post
Good Morning! Day 2! Yesterday was really good. My work hours change from day to day so my challenge is going to be constantly adjusting my eating times. Yesterday I started work at 5:00 am but got off at 1:30 pm, so it helped to be home for the afternoon to cook my protein for dinner. I actually ate some of it for an afternoon snack which helped control the hunger. Woke up this morning with a headache but it went away after I tried the sea salt & water recommendation. Today, I work from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm so hope I can get through the day without too much difficulty. I do have extra protein cooked up to take for the afternoon, just in case, as well as veggies.

Hoping everyone has a great day!!
day 2!!! YOU'RE DOING IT!!! it is rough the first week, but hang in there, it gets easier and easier!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpetrus56 View Post
Way to go! I'm going to have to check into that in a couple of weeks. You guys are so inspiring!
you can do it!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all. Hope everyone is having a great day. Let's all stay OP.
hi friend!!! hope you have a beautiful day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Good morning Laides. hope you all have a fantistic day. keep your eyes on the goal!!!!!!!!!!
BIG DADDY!! FEEL THE MISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Hi everybody! Wow, long time no see! It's great to see everyone's progress! So, a lot has happened in the 2 months or so that I've been MIA. My landlord passed away so I was forced to move... which then forced me to stop IP and switch to alternatives. My contract at work is up for bid, so I didn't want to get into a new lease when everything is still up in the air. So I'm living back with my mom for awhile until I know what's going on with my job. She's great, and is really supportive. We take turns cooking, but she is always looking up new IP friendly recipes. And since I've moved in and she's started eating with me, her doctor took her off her blood pressure meds!! But she lives in MD, so I now have over an hour commute to work. That, my friends, is not my idea of fun.

I think last time I was on here, I was right around 20 lbs. Well, I'm happy to say that, for awhile at least, I kept up with my weight loss. I'm now down 54 lbs! Unfortunately, for the last month or so, my weight loss has slowed significantly. I don't know why I'm so bummed about it because I know I'm having great results, but it's just discouraging, you know?

Anyway, I quit going to my coach before the 4 week mark, so I never got started on the Novi cleanse. I'm wondering what people on alternatives use. I want to try that and see if it will kick my butt back into gear.

Hope everyone has a great day!
good morning!! WOW...you hvae certainly had some obstacles to overcome and LOOK AT YOU!!! 54 lbs GONE FOREVER!!!! so glad you have a mo to help you and it must be so hard with such a long commute but you can do it!!! MAKE IT YOUR MISSION!!! stay strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good for YOU!
My husband had the book Couch to 5K, then he went on to train for a marathon and ran for the leukemia/lymphoma (purple) in the Rock n Roll marathon in San Diego. He had always wanted to do it and he did!

I have to go to the dentist & not for a cleaning. arrrrghhhh.. I have a tooth that has bothered me for over a year. It is a beautiful tooth with no obvious problems (according to the dentist) and no filling, but it hurts. boo hoo. I am pretty brave for the most part, but a couple years ago I had 3 root canals on the same tooth, 2 regular root canals and 1 along the gum line, it was horrible, I finally went in and said "pull it" they didn't want to but they did. We then moved to NC from NY for work, and I went to a dentist that suggested an implant, BEST thing I ever did! Never took a pain med or anything and you can't tell it isn't my tooth. Well, I guess my anxiety is making me ramble on. We are back in NY now, but I have a different dentist.

Good Luck peeps, I have been OP . Probably all shakes today & mashed cauliflower. lol
good morning bella....ewwwww dentist is like a 4 letter word!! haha sorry you have a boo boo tooth!! so cool for your dh to run a marathon!!! amazing! i have always wanted to do a 5k but never thought i would....but now I AM ON A MISSION!! HAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Good morning
My mom and her sister are coming up to visit for a Lake Vacation today. Have 12 year old mowing lawn, husband vaccuming, and have washed several loads of laundry already.

Like my mother cares. Mothers and daughters - interesting combination.

This is the first time I've seen my mother since I have gone from a size 14 to a size 4/6. Actually picked out an outfit to show off! Who would have guessed i am 44 years old. Am nervous about the reaction and all the questions. Husband is down 60 pounds on IP (official today) but somehow, he is not worried about his outfit.

Today, i could probably use a glass of wine. (We just put 3 bottles in the fridge for our guests - OUCH)

Have a great OP day.
maddiefoo.....ok, so you can do this!!! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT...you have proved to YOURSELF that you are strong and have self confidence!!! AGE had nothing to do with it!! BE STRONG BE BRAVE!!! skip the wine!!!! you can do it!! FEEL YOUR PRIDE in your amazing transformation!!!! can't wait to hear how this turns out!!! hugsssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb4640 View Post
I cannot read the instructions on the IP Jello packet very well, can you tell me how to prepare? Thanks!
mix with 6 oz hot boiling water. (i most of the time mix mine with hot flavored tea!!....raspberry tea, rose hibiscus tea, green tea, pomegranate tea, etc....i like it that way!!! woot woot ENJOY!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Hey old friend...I am with you...I am up up up....I am starting again on Labor Day (September 3rd). In the meantime I am maintaining...no more gaining. I have a few more events planned for the rest of August and I cannot make that full commitment yet...but 100% ready in for the 3rd...need to dump almost 18 pounds from the 83 I lost.
YOU CAN DO IT!!

Quote:

HAPPY DANCE!!!! WOOT WOOT

yippeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go gf!!!!! so very proud of you!!!! sending a pm to u!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
hi tiger....sending that whooooosh fairy your way my friend....STAY STRONG. just keep doing what you know works!!! don't give in the frustration!!! stay strong!!!! YOU CAN DO IT...I KNOW YOU CAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
NICE!!!!!
good morning lovely lady!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
good morning... yeah another c25k player!!! woot woot!!! slow....start slow....S-L-O-W!!! i am starting with 1 mile...and running only 100 steps at a time...because i do not want an injury!!!
WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Such a silly NSV - but I have to share - as you my IPeeps are the only ones who will truly get it - my 10 yr. old had to have a barium swallow today - which means he swallows a bunch of barium liquid and then they take x-rays. We wanted to stay in the room with him, so we had to wear the radiation apron - and for the first time ever I didn't hesitate or worry that I was too big to have it fit - it just did - so I could continue to focus on my son instead of my weight - what a great thing. Have an OP day all!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #29  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hmmm, with all this talk about C25K, maybe I'll go try to give it another shot...had foot surgery in April and am all healed now. Started C25K in 2009, was motivational - would love it if several of us were starting it together and reported to each other - I know I do much better with daily support - just like dieting and this forum!!
good morning chloe!!! ooooh yes!! YES!!! another c25k'er!!! yippeee!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT GF!!! COME ON....FEEL THE MISSION!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
My coach gave me a sheet with the instructions for all the packets. It is from IP so ask for one!

If I had my scanner hooked up, I'd scan for you & post

Pour 5 oz (150 ml) hot water into a bowl. Add contents of one packet and stir until completely dissolved. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.

I found this to be VERY thick (almost like Knox blox). I'm using 6 oz next time.
good morning beautiful lady!!! yes...i use 6 oz too!!! sometimes 7!!! hope you have a great day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lroderick View Post
Hello Everyone :-)

It's been a while since I've been on the forums butttt, I'm BACK!
Anyways, any thoughts on spaghetti squash? I know squash is listed as "not permitted" but my last run @ IP I ate it to satisfy my need for pasta (cheating with veggies ? can't be too too bad) & I still managed to lose weight ... It's so yummy !!!
welcome back!!!! i hear ya on "cheating with veggies" can't be too bad....well....probably not....as long as it doesn't open the door to "other" cheats....know what i mean....its a slippery slope!! its little things like that....in the mentality department that got us here!! its just a little of this or that, how bad can it be?? haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
Happy Birthday, and congrats on 47lbs. in 13 weeks - I did the math, and that's over 3.5 a week, WoW!!!
hi star girl!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
20 minute weight workout done. Scale is up a couple pounds. Motrin? TOM? Muscles retaining water? All of the above? I had better get a move on or I'm going to be late for work. Cannot wait to move past this stubborn plateau.
good morning loco....hang tough gf!!! BE STRONG if you stay the course, you KNOW THAT PLATEAU WILL BE BROKEN!!! YOU KNOW IT!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! FEEL THE MISSION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Happy Birthday Pattie!! Nice gift to yourself
!
good morning greeniris!! have a GREAT day!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-09-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #30  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Such a silly NSV - but I have to share - as you my IPeeps are the only ones who will truly get it - my 10 yr. old had to have a barium swallow today - which means he swallows a bunch of barium liquid and then they take x-rays. We wanted to stay in the room with him, so we had to wear the radiation apron - and for the first time ever I didn't hesitate or worry that I was too big to have it fit - it just did - so I could continue to focus on my son instead of my weight - what a great thing. Have an OP day all!
awww....thats a great feeling!!! i love all the little NSV!!! have a great day!!!!
Closed Thread