Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
Happy Birthday, and congrats on 47lbs. in 13 weeks - I did the math, and that's over 3.5 a week, WoW!!!
Another Math girl! I do math too! More for myownself (hoping I'll achieve the same greatness) than for anything else
Old 08-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #32  
Started IP August 2, 2012

S/C/G: S/C/G 171/162.5/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all ! Had a chat with the BF and said NO more bringing home my favorite camembert and champagne PLEASE! I have to NEED to get control of ME again... and today.....I am feeling stronger...hopeful... heading to the gym after work to work out some 'stress' on the ol' treadmill...... wont go crazy to stall any loss ...but will concentrate on the 'butt' LOL...... inclines.... elliptical etc... hugs to all!
Good for you for regaining control! I understand the significant other issues! My DH is very overweight but doesn't have the motivation and willpower to do anything about it. He has the want but not enough of it. However, he is supportive of my efforts and usually brings home treats that he knows I wouldn't be interested in. Best of luck at the gym today and for the week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
What an awesome 40 birthday present!!! Whoosh fairy thank you!!! 3 lbs gone, total of 47 lbs gone in 13 weeks!!! I love IP!!! Oh, and that new car DH booked us to test drive kinda awesome too!!!
WOW! 47lbs good for you! What a success! Have fun on your test drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Such a silly NSV - but I have to share - as you my IPeeps are the only ones who will truly get it - my 10 yr. old had to have a barium swallow today - which means he swallows a bunch of barium liquid and then they take x-rays. We wanted to stay in the room with him, so we had to wear the radiation apron - and for the first time ever I didn't hesitate or worry that I was too big to have it fit - it just did - so I could continue to focus on my son instead of my weight - what a great thing. Have an OP day all!
I don't think thats a silly success at all! I think thats awesome! What a great feeling that would be! You have an awesome OP day too!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lroderick View Post
Hello Everyone :-)

It's been a while since I've been on the forums butttt, I'm BACK!
Anyways, any thoughts on spaghetti squash? I know squash is listed as "not permitted" but my last run @ IP I ate it to satisfy my need for pasta (cheating with veggies ? can't be too too bad) & I still managed to lose weight ... It's so yummy !!!

My thought is to not cheat. One cheat leads to another (uh oh, now I have an old song stuck in my head!)

Anyway, try zucchini noodles instead. There's a recipe around here somewhere...
Old 08-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #34  

Default I have an NSV!! :D

For the past 4 or 5 days, I have been telling myself that after my WI last night I was going to have a "cheat" buy a chocolate bar and then today I was going to have a "cheat" meal. Heck on the last program I was on, I took an entire cheat day each week and I still lost 50lbs. (it did take 18 months) But the truth of the matter is, I don't want to! I really don't feel like it. While I find this strange especially considering my past experience, I think its a huge success!!

Have an awesome day all!

PS. I can't wait until I can have a signature and a ticker!!

Last edited by FrustratedEnough; 08-09-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

i have a guestion. Has anyone tried the nova cleanse and if so what were the results?

Old 08-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #36  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
BLUEJEWEL

rainbow and scorbett, Congratulations to you both! Rainbow that is the best thing to do is just register for the 5k, you will be ready, and scorbett, you will be glad you did!
The couch to 5k is a great program, I really like it. Another EXCELLENT program is from Jeff Galloway, he has many books but one of them is just for women, and he has helped many progress in thier running, but he truly promotes the run/walk method. I have done it and my time is actually better than when I try to run the whole thing. Not only does it help your time, but it is designed so you dont get injured and you are able to function the day after your event.
I hope you both have much success and enjoyment with your RALKING (that is what I call it!)
If you have any questions about it, I have some experience and would be happy to try and help!
Have a great day...

thanks bluejewel!!!!!! i was already doing the ralking and didn't even know it hahaha

Quote:
fam4me
Rainbowsmiles - made your english muffin out of the crepe tonight to have with my burger.....OMG, I felt like I was cheating. It felt good to pick up my burger and eat it like that instead of with a fork. I used one of those small omelet pans where the cover locks and you just flip it over on the stove. Worked great!
fam4me...i know what you mean...i am always saying...i can't believe i can eat this!! i love my muffins!!! i love the softness of the buns with the potato puree too!! so moist and finally not a rubbery product haha

IPDIVAJEN....hope you are enjoying VEGAS BABY!!!!!!

so cool about your id photos too!!!
YOU ARE A-MAY-SING DARLING!!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedEnough View Post
For the past 4 or 5 days, I have been telling myself that after my WI last night I was going to have a "cheat" buy a chocolate bar and then today I was going to have a "cheat" meal. Heck on the last program I was on, I took an entire cheat day each week and I still lost 50lbs. (it did take 18 months) But the truth of the matter is, I don't want to! I really don't feel like it. While I find this strange especially considering my past experience, I think its a huge success!!

Have an awesome day all!

GOOD FOR YOU ! its not worth it to cheat.. and I think you will see that several IP 'veterans' on here will agree with me... when an IP'er takes a xmas holiday break or vacation... its just not the same to RE start... dont lose your momentum ok? keep on keeping on and thanks for your kind words earlier
Old 08-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Ok, I have a question for all my teacher friends out there. I start back to work next week and I'm wondering how to deal with all the restroom breaks. My. Class blocks are 80 minutes. In the past I know there entire days when I don't use the restroom. With drinking all this water I go, go, go! I might have to get some Depends So how do you all handle it?
Old 08-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 205/145/145

Height: 5'6.5

Default I hear ya!

Quote:

Have an awesome day all!

I hear you!!!!! I myself have committed to staying 100% OP. It just doesn't make sense for me to cheat - I truly know myself and I know that I am an all or nothing person - I don't cheat well - my one cheat would turn into 4 beers (oh, how I miss my summer beers), knock me out of ketosis and have to re-live the whole unpleasant beginnings. I have dreamt of cheating and woke up panicked! I will not cheat, I will not cheat, I will not cheat!! I just want to get through Phase 1 so that I can have some hummus and cottage cheese!
Old 08-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #40  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Cheating Is Not An Option!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
GOOD FOR YOU ! its not worth it to cheat.. and I think you will see that several IP 'veterans' on here will agree with me... when an IP'er takes a xmas holiday break or vacation... its just not the same to RE start... dont lose your momentum ok? keep on keeping on and thanks for your kind words earlier
Quote:
Originally Posted by niks42 View Post
I hear you!!!!! I myself have committed to staying 100% OP. It just doesn't make sense for me to cheat - I truly know myself and I know that I am an all or nothing person - I don't cheat well - my one cheat would turn into 4 beers (oh, how I miss my summer beers), knock me out of ketosis and have to re-live the whole unpleasant beginnings. I have dreamt of cheating and woke up panicked! I will not cheat, I will not cheat, I will not cheat!! I just want to get through Phase 1 so that I can have some hummus and cottage cheese!
Thanks for your thoughts! I think what is holding me back is that soon I won't have any choice but to cheat. I am leaving on Saturday to Girl Guide Camp with my daughter for a week. And while I am taking packets (drinks, puddings and bars) with me I also know that I have no control over the dinner meal nor the amount or type of veggies available. I have just looked at the positive and that is that WI was last night... so I have 3 days OP before I leave, and then I have 4(almost 5) days to get back into ketosis and back OP before my next weigh in. While I am away I will do my best to stick to proteins and veggies where ever possible and hope that that I can at least maintain this first loss while I am away.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Good morning!

What is with the WI#4 plateau? My scale is not budging at all this week. If this support group wasn't here, I know I would have cheated. Thank you for being here.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Good morning!

I've been up for a while, today is day 1 of week 3 and I decided to add some exercise to my routine. I found a few podcast playlists for couch to 5k, so I downloaded one that had music I liked and I was off! I didn't to the jogging portion of week 1, it's been so long since I really exercised...but I walked the whole thing at a good pace, and I had a hard boiled egg when I got home. I'll probably do the week 1 program for a few weeks and work my way up to actual jogging.

Hope everyone with WI today got a visit from the Whoosh Fairy, and that everyone has a great day!
Hello! Can you tell me what couch to 5k is?

THANKS
Old 08-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #44  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lroderick View Post
Hello Everyone :-)

It's been a while since I've been on the forums butttt, I'm BACK!
Anyways, any thoughts on spaghetti squash? I know squash is listed as "not permitted" but my last run @ IP I ate it to satisfy my need for pasta (cheating with veggies ? can't be too too bad) & I still managed to lose weight ... It's so yummy !!!
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this since I'm just getting caught up. I have started making zucchini "pasta". Just slice it into thin spaghetti-like strips and boil for 1-2 min. Tastes better than spaghetti squash to me.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Thanks for your thoughts! I think what is holding me back is that soon I won't have any choice but to cheat. I am leaving on Saturday to Girl Guide Camp with my daughter for a week. And while I am taking packets (drinks, puddings and bars) with me I also know that I have no control over the dinner meal nor the amount or type of veggies available. I have just looked at the positive and that is that WI was last night... so I have 3 days OP before I leave, and then I have 4(almost 5) days to get back into ketosis and back OP before my next weigh in. While I am away I will do my best to stick to proteins and veggies where ever possible and hope that that I can at least maintain this first loss while I am away.
Vet just went to camp with his son, and I think he managed. Don't assume you will "have to" cheat. Make it work for you.
Closed Thread