Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! Long time no chat. Sorry I've been MIA - just busy around these parts running around on weekends and trying to get stuff done at night. Work is busy busy too which I'm not complaining about - sure does make the days go faster!

Travelling is possible while on IP, you just have to bring everything with you and be really specific with the wait staff at restaurants. We're going away twice in the next month - once to Niagara Falls/Buffalo for my stepdaughter's birthday weekend, then I'm going to Vegas for five days in August for a conference and DH is joining me for the weekend. The first trip is going to be easy. The second is going to be so much harder, but do-able. Passing up all the buffets (and booze!) in Vegas will be hard but cheating's just not worth it. So into my suitcase everything goes! I might actually look up IP clinics in Vegas to see if I can buy a six pack of shakes while I'm there instead of taking them in my luggage. They weigh so much!

Weigh in tonight. Not as nervous as I usually am but the butterflies are still there. Don't think they'll ever go away!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Old 07-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #32  

Height: 5'4"

I need advice!
I will be traveling to Montana for a week and staying with my husbands grandmother. I really do not want to phase off for the vacation but I am really worried about hurting her feelings when she cooks for us. She is 87 years old, uses quite a bit of fat when she cooks (butters EVERYTHING!) I love her to pieces but I cannot eat what she makes. I am thinking I will simply tell her this is a doctor ordered program and I have to make all of my own food but to hurt her feelings will absolutely break my heart. UGH! I guess I am more venting than anything.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #33  
Started IP 5/29/12

S/C/G: 220.4/191.2/130

Height: 5'5"

LizRR wrote: Have you been adding 2 egg whites a day? Maybe try that first, it's a 'clean' way to add good low-calorie protein, and you can turn the packets into some great baked goods!

Would you suggest adding the egg whites rather than adding that packet? What a great idea. It hadn't been suggested to me by my coach. She has never had anyone as active as me and who is losing inches like me. I think I baffle her. LOL
Old 07-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #34  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I am leaving for the beach tomorrow, and my coach is on vacation too - so skipping this next WI and decided to stay on Phase 1 until the end of next week. We are renting a house on the beach, so having a full kitchen will make staying OP a breeze. I had told my coach I would reassess then whether to stay on Phase 1 depending on my BF%. My BF% is ~27%, which is in the Normal range, hoping it's closer to the Fitness range by 2 weeks end - but we will see. I had a whoosh Sat morning (of course the day after WI) and another whoosh this morning according to my home scale which read 143 (usually ~3lb lighter than coach's official scale).

Body Fat Percentage Categories for Women:
Essential Fat 10-12%
Athletes 14-20%
Fitness 21-24%
Acceptable 25-31%
Obese 32%+

But honestly, as much as I LOVE Phase 1 comfort - I am getting small - my size 2s are fitting me fine now (they were 'snug' a few days ago when I bought them) and I have a feeling if I keep whooshing (I've whooshed 4+lb since Fri WI according to home scale) I will be at a very comfortable point. I plan on stepping up my exercise intensity in Phase 3 (when my coach said it's okay with the increased carbs/glucose). I can't wait to start running again! I still plan on keeping up the 3x/week weightlifting class, but will push my weights even more (I still think I 'hold back' a little for fear of too much intensity, but I am 'feeling it').

So - I am still in the habit of getting my cheap clearance w/coupon Old Navy clothes while I am still shrinking - they aren't the highest quality, but I am pretty casual at work. I plan on 'splurging' on a higher end wardrobe once I hit goal (I will also be changing jobs to a more 'professional' program in a few months) but am wondering when I should have my big shopping spree - after Phase 3? After a month in Phase 4? Wondering if any folks have ideas for themselves. I had bought my size 2 jeans as 'goal' a few days ago, but they fit now....and wondering how things will shake out after the next 2 weeks of Phase 1+2 weeks Phase 2+2 weeks Phase 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
Ugh - I'm so hungry today, not sure why. Already had my coffee shake with Vanilla Pudding in it and just had my Strawberry Wafers. I don't do the Ketosis tests, but I'm positive I've been in ketosis for weeks. I thought I wasn't supposed to be hungry?? I'll just continue drinking my water and have a piece of gum or two.
I have been on long enough to know when it is a 'true' hunger, and after a few weeks you can obviously tell as well. I have had a few random hunger days that I indulged in extra egg whites then. And I will say that I ALWAYS have a whoosh soon after those hunger days.

Last edited by LizRR; 07-17-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #35  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamalee View Post
LizRR wrote: Have you been adding 2 egg whites a day? Maybe try that first, it's a 'clean' way to add good low-calorie protein, and you can turn the packets into some great baked goods!

Would you suggest adding the egg whites rather than adding that packet? What a great idea. It hadn't been suggested to me by my coach. She has never had anyone as active as me and who is losing inches like me. I think I baffle her. LOL
I would stay with the 4 packets/day, but turn at least one of the unrestricted packets into a 2-egg white recipe. That's actually what I do on weightlifting days (I have a restricted as a 4th packet and use a 2 egg-white recipe). My top favorites are crispy cereal or wildberry pancakes or pudding waffles. I know you do spinning as well, which is a 'higher intensity' - I just do my weightlifting class 3x/week, I have increased my weights but it's still not as cardio-centric as spinning.

Why don't you try it week by week. Do the 4 packets + 2 egg whites one week, if you still lose some lean mass, then try 4 packets + 2 x 2 egg whites. 2 Egg Whites add ~35 calories from ~8g protein, so it's a 'clean boost' to the existing packets as far as pure protein, and it's from a 'whole food' source.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #36  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Wow, you all have come so far and some of you are so close to goal. Congratulations.

Some experience a weight gain in P3. Some continue to lose. Some add a few pounds as they add more carbs in P4 so deciding on clothes is a personal option. I had started buying 6's and then after P4 I found I could get into some 4's. The body sort of reshapes itself and loose skins starts to tighten up a bit making clothes fit a little better. This is not dramatic like if you exercise but more subtle. So if seeking pricier clothes, it might be good to wait until you see consistent weight for a few weeks but 5 pounds does not always make a difference in clothes, just sometimes. It's moreso the skin 'reattaching' that makes clothes fit differently, in my opinion.

Congratulations on sticking with this guys. So worth it.

Last edited by purple sky; 07-17-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #37  
Started IP 5/29/12

S/C/G: 220.4/191.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I would stay with the 4 packets/day, but turn at least one of the unrestricted packets into a 2-egg white recipe. That's actually what I do on weightlifting days (I have a restricted as a 4th packet and use a 2 egg-white recipe). My top favorites are crispy cereal or wildberry pancakes or pudding waffles. I know you do spinning as well, which is a 'higher intensity' - I just do my weightlifting class 3x/week, I have increased my weights but it's still not as cardio-centric as spinning.

Why don't you try it week by week. Do the 4 packets + 2 egg whites one week, if you still lose some lean mass, then try 4 packets + 2 x 2 egg whites. 2 Egg Whites add ~35 calories from ~8g protein, so it's a 'clean boost' to the existing packets as far as pure protein, and it's from a 'whole food' source.
Thanks sooo much :-) You should be a coach!!! You know so much!! I think I baffle my coach. All her others clients lead very quiet lives. I am a single homeschooling mom of 3 teenage boys and babysit a 1 year old on top of that. I rarely stop (thus my sparatic presence on here).

Is there a good place to find the recipes you suggested? They sound great. Also, couldn't I just saute in a couple egg whites in with my vegi's at noon? Hmmm.....my mind is racing with ideas. Girl, you got my head a-spinnin' !! LOL! Thanks

Off to play taxi mom, then mow the lawn in our wonderful 104 degree heat. Why, oh, why didn't I do it earlier? hahahaha

Lee
Old 07-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all! I am so happy today because WI 5 resulted in 4 lbs gone. Now I'm at my fat weight I was last summer. I've lost 21 total now and this is my 21st post, so I guess I will work on my ticker and sig for my reward. On the down note now, my coach sucks. She uses one of those old slide scales and isn't very accurate with it. They were out of cereal, which is my favorite, out of strawberry wafers, 2nd week in a row, and I drive 40 minutes for her to spend all of five minutes with me. She also moved where she takes my waist measurement (to that awful muffin top) which made me gain 2 inches there oh well I'm still all good. Have any of you tried the proti diet cereal? How does it compare nutritionally to the IP crispy cereal? Happy WIs this week to everyone.
Rhonda
Old 07-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

I have a work commitment tonight and tomorrow. Tonight is a cruise on Lake Michigan with appetizers and drinks. I have learned the willpower to say no to the food, but I was looking for something other than water to drink. Is club soda and lime ok? I have WI tomorrow morning and don't want to mess up too bad with the wrong drink. If it's going to be an issue I will stick to my water.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
Ugh - I'm so hungry today, not sure why. Already had my coffee shake with Vanilla Pudding in it and just had my Strawberry Wafers. I don't do the Ketosis tests, but I'm positive I've been in ketosis for weeks. I thought I wasn't supposed to be hungry?? I'll just continue drinking my water and have a piece of gum or two.
For me, when I have those days it means I'm losing big time fat. Maybe it will be that way for you too
Old 07-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #41  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
I have a work commitment tonight and tomorrow. Tonight is a cruise on Lake Michigan with appetizers and drinks. I have learned the willpower to say no to the food, but I was looking for something other than water to drink. Is club soda and lime ok? I have WI tomorrow morning and don't want to mess up too bad with the wrong drink. If it's going to be an issue I will stick to my water.
do you like the SF syrups?? you can take any flavor in a little container and add it to a glass of sparkling or still water, with a wedge of lime and it looks like a fruity drink and no on will ever notice!!

i also use the mango pre-made drink too....and only use it as a "shot" of flavor in some water....it also freezes into GREAT ice cube so your drinks at home don't get watered down.

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 07-17-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I am leaving for the beach tomorrow, and my coach is on vacation too - so skipping this next WI and decided to stay on Phase 1 until the end of next week. We are renting a house on the beach, so having a full kitchen will make staying OP a breeze. I had told my coach I would reassess then whether to stay on Phase 1 depending on my BF%. My BF% is ~27%, which is in the Normal range, hoping it's closer to the Fitness range by 2 weeks end - but we will see. I had a whoosh Sat morning (of course the day after WI) and another whoosh this morning according to my home scale which read 143 (usually ~3lb lighter than coach's official scale).

Body Fat Percentage Categories for Women:
Essential Fat 10-12%
Athletes 14-20%
Fitness 21-24%
Acceptable 25-31%
Obese 32%+

But honestly, as much as I LOVE Phase 1 comfort - I am getting small - my size 2s are fitting me fine now (they were 'snug' a few days ago when I bought them) and I have a feeling if I keep whooshing (I've whooshed 4+lb since Fri WI according to home scale) I will be at a very comfortable point. I plan on stepping up my exercise intensity in Phase 3 (when my coach said it's okay with the increased carbs/glucose). I can't wait to start running again! I still plan on keeping up the 3x/week weightlifting class, but will push my weights even more (I still think I 'hold back' a little for fear of too much intensity, but I am 'feeling it').

So - I am still in the habit of getting my cheap clearance w/coupon Old Navy clothes while I am still shrinking - they aren't the highest quality, but I am pretty casual at work. I plan on 'splurging' on a higher end wardrobe once I hit goal (I will also be changing jobs to a more 'professional' program in a few months) but am wondering when I should have my big shopping spree - after Phase 3? After a month in Phase 4? Wondering if any folks have ideas for themselves. I had bought my size 2 jeans as 'goal' a few days ago, but they fit now....and wondering how things will shake out after the next 2 weeks of Phase 1+2 weeks Phase 2+2 weeks Phase 3.

I have been on long enough to know when it is a 'true' hunger, and after a few weeks you can obviously tell as well. I have had a few random hunger days that I indulged in extra egg whites then. And I will say that I ALWAYS have a whoosh soon after those hunger days.
This is why I started Phase 2- my jeans were literally sitting ON my hip bones! I figured size 8 was an unrealistic goal because the 10s were on bone!

It's very different looking in the mirror and LIKING what you see, you know? I haven't worn a size small shirt since Elementary school!!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Have any of you tried the proti diet cereal? How does it compare nutritionally to the IP crispy cereal? Happy WIs this week to everyone.
Rhonda
The cereal is made like normal cereal, so you're supposed to add milk to it. I eat mine plain or crushed as a pancake.

Last edited by NOVAScents; 07-17-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #44  

Down another 3 pounds, for a total of 14 pounds in only 3 weeks!
Thank you all for sharing your stories here, if I hadn't spent so much time lurking and reading all your success stories, I would still be gaining and losing the same 12 pounds over and over again on WW! I went from 235 to 223 in 6 months...bouncing back and forth and I always felt hungry! So again thank you for being willing to share your stories
Old 07-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
The cereal is made like normal cereal, so you're supposed to add milk to it. I eat mine plain or crushed as a pancake.
Thanks NOVA. Now just checking to see if my sig shows up...
Closed Thread