Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #46  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

I am absolutely loving IP and the changes it's making in my household. I'm actually enjoying cooking now and trying different recipes! Feels so wonderful!!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #47  
Started IP 5/29/12

S/C/G: 220.4/191.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Down another 3 pounds, for a total of 14 pounds in only 3 weeks!
WooHoo!! Way to go!! Congrats on your successes.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #48  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Checkin in. Been pretty busy with work and school. One more week of school and eight more days til Eluethera here we come!! Can't wait to lie on the beach (and run on the beach too!!).

I am starting a week of Phase 3 tomorrow morning and am soo, sooo very nervous. I wanted to phase off slightly for vaca so have been doing phase 2 for a couple of days (these were both suggested by my coach). Any sample recipes for breakfast or input is greatly appreciated. I so hope I continue to lose, but will anticipate gaining from all of the drinks I could be partaking in and will be going back to phase 1 the day we get back 8/5. I'm sure I"ll be looking for support big time then.

My home scale is reading 27lbs down from my highest weight!! YAY! This week I've had some great NSVs. My clothes are literally hanging on me. I'm in desperate need of some size 8s and med tops if anyone has any "hanging" around (he-he). I ordered a new 2 pc suit last week and it got here yesterday. I love, love, love the way it fits. Its a Tommy Bahama underwire halter and banded hipster. I just love when you find something that fits well, especially jeans and swim suits.

I'll be combing the forum for phase 3 advice but feel free to send any my way either here or by PM. I did grocery shop Sunday and got a lot of what I will need, greek yogurt, brownberry dbl protein bread, lots of fruits, Kashi cereal, steel cut oats, eggs, turkey sausage and bacon, etc... yum, i'm hungry just typing. Off to drink some water!

Shawna
Old 07-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #49  
Started IP 5/29/12

S/C/G: 220.4/191.2/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
It's very different looking in the mirror and LIKING what you see, you know? I haven't worn a size small shirt since Elementary school!!
I can't even imagine!!! I NEVER look at myself in the mirror. I have long hair, so I just brush it down, pull it back, braid it etc. and never even look in the mirror because I hate it so much. A the gym, there are mirrors all over the place and I never look in any of them. I intentionally turn away from them when working out, or my trainer stands between me and the mirror so I can't see myself.

You guys are encouraging to me. My trainer said I would someday get to the point where I would look in the mirror and like what I saw. You guys are giving me the hope that with IP, I might actually get there. Thanks!!!! Though it is still beyond my comprehension, I will hold onto what you all are saying, stick 100% OP, and look forward to the day.

Thanks, everyone here on the boards, for making this such a success for me and for helping be believe this will be my last diet ever. :-)

Lee
Old 07-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #50  
Adult Member

S/C/G: 196/184/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Morning all! I stepped on the scale this morning and was down 2lbs. I'm starting to think maybe I get stressed on WI days and therefore retain the weight. I'm going to TRY not to weigh myself at all this week and see how that goes for Next Monday!
Too funny, I did the same thing!! According to WI, I only lost 2 lbs yesterday - today at home, I was down from 76.8 last week to 72.6 this week ... that's 4 lbs!! According to WI, I went from 77.8 to 75.8 ... which is only 2 lbs I had the same at-home results last week, so something is definitely different for sure.

Maybe I should change my WI to Tuesdays - lol. Really, the only thing I can think of is maybe I don't drink as much water on the weekends since I'm on the go more???
Old 07-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #51  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Hey ya'll!! I am a happy camper after my WI today!! I stopped for a few weeks while out of town and the day I came back I started right back up. I know some people think that it is really hard, but I had zero trouble doing it! So this week was like a week 1 for me, but I lost 8.4 lbs! That is more than my week 1!! So happy about that!! I changed my WI time so that I can do it the same time everyday and going back to school I decided to do it in the morning. I should have waited till after running around at the school and mowing because it would have been 10lbs!! haha!! That mowing killed me in the 100+ degree weather. I am glad to be back on plan and know that I am making a healthier me!!
Old 07-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 183.4/177.2/130

Height: 5'0"

Default Day 2 of IP

Well, I am halfway through Day 2 of IP. So far so good. I have had no headaches or cravings. I actually feel full. I think the magnesium is hurting my stomach a little. Will this go away? Also, I have read that days 3 and 4 are the hardest, which is making me dread Wednesday and Thursday. Is this true?
Old 07-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #53  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon All..

Battling horrible massive headaches and lightheadedness and dizzyness..Came out of the middle of nowhere??? Been going on for 4 days except for the headaches which just hit today...(sigh)

Nothing much new to report here..EXCEPT i did order a loaf of bread from Jullian Bakery (Thanks Vet for posting the website the other day).. Im excited to try and fit it into my alternatives regime...I can see it has so much protein in a slice!!! its awesome!

Anywho..take care all
Old 07-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #54  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamalee View Post
I can't even imagine!!! I NEVER look at myself in the mirror. I have long hair, so I just brush it down, pull it back, braid it etc. and never even look in the mirror because I hate it so much. A the gym, there are mirrors all over the place and I never look in any of them. I intentionally turn away from them when working out, or my trainer stands between me and the mirror so I can't see myself.

You guys are encouraging to me. My trainer said I would someday get to the point where I would look in the mirror and like what I saw. You guys are giving me the hope that with IP, I might actually get there. Thanks!!!! Though it is still beyond my comprehension, I will hold onto what you all are saying, stick 100% OP, and look forward to the day.

Thanks, everyone here on the boards, for making this such a success for me and for helping be believe this will be my last diet ever. :-)

Lee
I'm right there with you, Lee. I never look in a mirror either because I don't like what I see. It can be problematic sometimes. I'm a teacher of young and very active special needs students and my lessons may involve a lot of movement, or one of my students gives me a squeeze and messes with my hair, or I need to chase down a "runner," etc. I'll come home from school (after going to the grocery store or appearing somewhere else in public) and my daughter will exclaim, "Mom, have you looked at yourself?" The answer is always no and then when I reluctanly go check, I look like a complete and total wreck. Hopefully, IP will help cure my aversion to mirrors so I don't scare people in the stores anymore. Once I can look in mirrors again maybe I'll allow photographs? I have been the family photographer for years, because being behind the camera is the only safe place for me to be.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Hi everyone ! Just checking in, I had my WI today and only down 1.5 ! A lil discouraged and my coach suggested I do ROCKET FUEL for a week, I have not heard of this till she mentioned, she wants me to have 4 packets a day and no meat protein at night, Have any of you done this or heard of it and did it give you a boost in weight loss ?

Last edited by SoSo; 07-17-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #56  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

okay i just have to say that right now i am totally craving a piece of toast with peanut butter... i dont know why..but lately ive been craving peanut butter like its going out of style..and i dont even like peanut butter..in fact..ive hated it most of my life..and now...i want it...lol..thank god we carry none in the house..
Old 07-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Hello everybody!

First of all, I apologize for disappearing off the face of the earth. I was overwhelmed by stuff I had to do and all the people and posts that I couldn't keep up with and just had to take a break or I was gonna short-circuit. And a thank you to those sweet ladies who reached out to me.

But, I signed the paperwork, the for-sale sign is in the yard and the realtor/photographer just stopped by to take pictures, so it is finally happening !!!! Should be on the MLS by tomorrow and I can tell you the number so you can see my house!

Good news: my cholesterol and blood sugar were great! I am back to taking my morning hikes in the beautiful forest across the road from me, and trying to increase the distance a little bit every few days. It feels so good to be in there again...talking to the trees.

In progress: figuring out how to maintain a steady blood sugar level. The diet may have given my pancreas a rest, but it is not 'normal' yet, so I am struggling a bit to figure out the right combo of carb/fat/protein in meals and snacks so that I can actually live this way forever. I am determined to figure it out and still deliriously happy that I did IP.

Even better news: the dulcimer festival was a complete blast, and this past weekend, I played at a local Woody Guthrie celebration, playing 4 songs he recorded. There were at least 20 musicians in the show and it was very cool to see the different styles and arrangements. They had me open the show and the audience was incredible. My ego is up in the clouds right now...

Hope you are all well and making great progress on your journeys. I gotta go clean the inside of my refrigerator...they didn't need that for photos!

Margaret
Old 07-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Hello,

another Hot one in upstate NY!

Ris - YOu look Wonderful, I remember when you started, glad you're over your plateau.
kaypix - you cracked me up about the Keurig, we have a dead one on the counter and I tried everything to resusitate it. I am not a coffee drinker, but DH is an addict. We have a new one, but he can't bring himself to throw out the old one. lol. It lasted 7 years, which is good according to the reviews.

Stay cool IPEEPS!
Old 07-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo View Post
Hi everyone ! Just checking in, I had my WI today and only down 1.5 ! A lil discouraged and my coach suggested I do ROCKET FUEL for a week, I have not heard of this till she mentioned, she wants me to have 4 packets a day and no meat protein at night, Have any of you done this or heard of it and did it give you a boost in weight loss?
Interesting. I'm pretty new to IP, but I haven't seen this mentioned before.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
okay i just have to say that right now i am totally craving a piece of toast with peanut butter... i dont know why..but lately ive been craving peanut butter like its going out of style..and i dont even like peanut butter..in fact..ive hated it most of my life..and now...i want it...lol..thank god we carry none in the house..
Did you have your EVOO? Maybe your body is wanting fat?
Closed Thread