Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 238/191/148

Height: 5'9"

Hello All,

I am new to the forum. I signed up for support. I started IP in May. I have lost 28lbs. I have been anything but 100% OP. With vacations, holidays, off site meetings at work, yada yada yada. I have made excuses for my self and veered on and off of the plan. Just need some reinforcement from people who are on the plan. I look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

Last edited by lotusflowerbomb; 07-11-2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Wuv-Lisa: I love the video. Your smile makes me smile back at the screen!! You are looking beautiful. I think your energy is like glowing. You must feel the difference!?

Kaypix: awesome work on the book. Wish I had computer talent and patience. Grateful to you for the work!

Chloe: you inspiring post is still with me even after reading all the pages. thanks!

Okay, now I am coveting a Magic Bullet!! Also, I am going to try to make a savory waffle. How suggestible am I???

This is day 3 of me back to IP full bore. I am looking forward to a loss this week, but whatever. if feels so good to continue to eat wholesome veggies and meals. Still loving the IP protein packets.

I am thinking of revising my goal to 145#. I am thinking 139 might be too far, but we will see how it goes. Anyway, I am nearing the end and I really covet all the support I can get to make the push forward.

I have been better aware of my anxiety this week. Actually had some tough moments. but, the awareness of what it is somehow is helping me. I will make a plan about more help with the anxiety issues. But,of course, fear keeps me back. What a lovely vicious circle!!

Thanks to all who come here to chat and contribute! I would be so upset if I came and there was nothing on daily chat! It is good to be here journeying along with all of you!

Last edited by Samba; 07-11-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #93  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches n Polly View Post
I would love to try the crispy cereal pancakes....would you mind sharing the recipe?
I roll the crispy cereal pack with a rolling pin making the cereal into dust. Add 2 egg whites, a tiny pinch of baking power and a little water. Some people add vanilla extract but I am hesitant because I have heard there is sugar alcohol in it. It makes 2 small pancakes or 1 big pancake. I love the WF syrup and the WF apple butter.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #94  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
So I need t place my weekly food order but don't know what to order! I used to love mushrooms in my herb and cheese omelet. Made one this morning and just didn't want to eat it. The dog got some of it. She was pretty happy!

Anyone else loose interstate for a favorite?

I will order some more soups and chocolate shakes.

Vet, I really havent been in the program for long, but have already realized that I need variety in order to do this. I get really into something and then get over it when I get just pass the halfway point with the box. This includes the fantastic chocolate chip cookies! I like to try the different packet recipes to keep me going.

~Jenni
Old 07-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #95  
Hard Working Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I roll the crispy cereal pack with a rolling pin making the cereal into dust. Add 2 egg whites, a tiny pinch of baking power and a little water. Some people add vanilla extract but I am hesitant because I have heard there is sugar alcohol in it. It makes 2 small pancakes or 1 big pancake. I love the WF syrup and the WF apple butter.
I love the pancakes, and can eat them plain! I also don't use vanilla, because I don't have any. But I do add cinnamon to the batter. I have been travelling and actually am seriously looking forward to making some when I get home

~Jenni
Old 07-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #96  

I "love" the crispy cereal. Thanks! I look forward to trying this recipe. I make pancakes for my 2 young sons on the weekends. I will make this one for me! I am going to order the WFsyrup and apple butter now.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Just an awesome day today. My work has a Bocce Ball tournament each year and today was the opening game. I am in charge of the tournament and really felt the difference walking all over the front lawn of our building in the sunshine. I didn't get as hot... thank god. And many coworkers who don't know I am on a lifestyle change have started to notice the difference. Pretty dang cool in my book.
That's great!!

And you are 1/3 of the way there! Just imagine how incredible you will look and feel by the end of the year (perhaps at a holiday party with your new clothes?) Enjoy that feeling!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
trishak....i know what you mean about those rubbery chicken bits...they were the same using the stove top method. i wanted to toss it out, but kept saying, at 4 bucks a pop I better eat it! haha So I did, but am not inclined to buy it again. Its ironic to me that some IP products I absolutely adore and others, well not so much! haha
I add a cup of mashed cauliflower and microwave it. If you let it sit a bit it thickens up and tastes better. Also good with some added chili powder and chili flakes.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #99  

Went to place the order on the Walden Farms website and their shipping charges aren't fair. They charge a flat $8.95 no matter how many of the items you buy 1-10. Does anyone have a free shipping coupon code?

Last edited by lotusflowerbomb; 07-11-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #100  
Hard Working Newbie

I haven't ordered any, but I know they have the WF products on Amazon. Maybe that is more reasonable?

~Jenni
Old 07-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #101  

Great idea! Thanks!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #102  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyOrDestination View Post
I'm new to the site, and a new IP dieter. I love the positive vibe on this site.
Welcome, Welcome Journey. We are so glad to have you join us.

[QUOTE=jules26965;4401799]Kaypix - That cookbook is so cool!!!

Hubby and I bought a mandolin last night so we can more easily slice veggies. We also looked at an Actifryer and added it to the list of things to buy when we have $250 laying around We also looked at a magic bullet so I don't have to drag my blender out to make shakes (the main reason I haven't made any shakes yet), but I think I need to read more product reviews before taking the plunge! Busy night lol.QUOTE]

I have two kitchen tools that I couldn't live without. 1) Mandoline - I used it every day and have had it 12 or more years. 2) Magic Bullet. It gets used about3 times a day or more and I love what it does to the puddings. Take the plunge. The Magic Bullet ($50 US at walmart or bed,bath and beyond) is worth every penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Just an awesome day today. My work has a Bocce Ball tournament each year and today was the opening game. I am in charge of the tournament and really felt the difference walking all over the front lawn of our building in the sunshine. I didn't get as hot... thank god. And many coworkers who don't know I am on a lifestyle change have started to notice the difference. Pretty dang cool in my book.
I miss Bocce Ball, I've moved away from all my Italian relative, but I remember Bocce Ball, Sundays and Mixed grill all going together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusflowerbomb View Post
Hello All,

I am new to the forum. I signed up for support. I started IP in May. I have lost 28lbs. I have been anything but 100% OP. With vacations, holidays, off site meetings at work, yada yada yada. I have made excuses for my self and veered on and off of the plan. Just need some reinforcement from people who are on the plan. I look forward to sharing this journey with you all.
The first best decision I made in my life is marrying my hubby, the second was joining this group. This group is what keeps my motivation strong when I am tempted to waver. Welcome the 3FC.

Quote:
Went to place the order on the Walden Farms website and their shipping charges aren't fair. They charge a flat $8.95 no matter how many of the items you buy 1-10. Does anyone have a free shipping coupon code?
I ordered some of my WF through Amazon, I have their prime membership so shipping was free. I also checked with my grocery to see if they could carry the WF blue cheese dressing. They are looking into it.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #103  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
you might find some at your local grocery store. Our local store Fred Meyer has it which is owned by Kroger. You might check it out. Sometimes a little more expensive than the website but no shipping.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #104  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
[B]Question about vitafusion® Fiber Well Gummies: Good or bad??
Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 2 Gummies

Amount Per Serving - % Daily Value:*
Calories 10, Total Carbohydrate 5 g - 2%, Dietary Fiber 5 g - 20%, Soluble Fiber 5 g - **, Sugar Alcohol 1 g - **.

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**Daily Value not established.

Ingredients:
Polydextrose, Xylitol, Gelatin, Natural Flavors, Malic Acid, Colors (Black Carrot Juice Extract, Carrot and Blueberry Juices, Annatto Extract), Sucralose, Fractionated Coconut Oil and Beeswax.
I don't know the answer to your question but I sent you a private message about something else. Please check it and let know. Thanks
Old 07-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #105  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
Chloe, you words are inspiring. I am considering quitting the program. I haven't seen results in two weeks. I had good success on the Insulin Resistent Diet before, so I was going to go back to that. The only reason I havent is because DH wants to continue giving this a try....very frustrated and confused...
Don't quit, your body may be going through changes and needs to adjust to your losses so far...Can you give us an example of your daily intake of food so that we can see maybe if you are omitting something important or not?

Quote:
Hello All,

No more excuses, you want support so we will try to help you out. Life will always have excuses its how we deal with them that is important. You will always have that party or get together at a friend or family's house, its how you prepare for it that will make or break you. Stick to the plan 100% for quick and amazing results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Wuv-Lisa: I love the video. Your smile makes me smile back at the screen!! You are looking beautiful. I think your energy is like glowing. You must feel the difference!?

Thanks to all who come here to chat and contribute! I would be so upset if I came and there was nothing on daily chat! It is good to be here journeying along with all of you!
Thank you Samba, I feel amazing
Closed Thread