Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
Chloe, you words are inspiring. I am considering quitting the program. I haven't seen results in two weeks. I had good success on the Insulin Resistent Diet before, so I was going to go back to that. The only reason I havent is because DH wants to continue giving this a try....very frustrated and confused...
Before you quit look at how much fat you are getting. I stalled for more than a month. When I put what I was eating into myfitnesspal it came up no fat.
I had been using all chicken breast and white fish for my animal protein. I was also using WF individual salad dressings for convenience and was not getting my olive oil in.
I started having red meat several days a week and measuring my olive oil and adding it directly to my daily salad and I started to lose again.
It is counter productive to go ultra low in fat as the body needs fat to burn fat.

Pat
Old 07-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #62  
Start IP (again) 7/31/13

S/C/G: 231.2/224.4/131

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, almost Afternoon!!! I'm on day one and feeling really good. I have had almost 2 liters of water, had the omelet for breakfest (very yummy and filling) added a cup of spinach to start my veggie intake. Got my morning vitamins in.

Gotta go drop my daugher off at gymnastics then go to the store. Hopefully I won't have to use the restroom for 20 minutes!!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #63  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
yeah....i'd love to know that too!! i made it as prescribed on the stove top and i don't recommend that!! i certainly was disappointed in the flavor and texture. maybe others can tell us how to tweak it to make it better!!
locopollo, rainbowsmiles, trishak: I asked my coach about those rubbery faux chicken pieces in the chicken a la king yesterday! She said noone had mentioned it before! Anyway, she said to mix and shake it the night before and put it in the fridge overnight. She said some of the products just need a little more time to absorb the water. I'll try that tonight and let you all know. I really like that one because it makes me feel like I've really eaten something very substantial at lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishak View Post
I have WI# ??? tomorrow. I've lost count of the weeks! Anyway, if my home scale is accurate, and I know it is, I should be down another 3 lbs, which would technically move me to phase 2.

BUT... at 4'11.75" (yes, I usually round up to 5 feet) tall, I know I need to weigh less than 150 to be truly a healthy weight. So.... I think I'm going to lower my goal. I think I'll set it at 140. I can do it!!! I know I can! Has anyone else lowered their goal? Do you think it would be better to phase out, reach my original goal, and start exercising? I think i'd rather just keep doing what I'm doing to get where I want to be.

Hope you are all having a great IP day!

Trish
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
Does anyone have a remedy for leg cramps? I'm taking the potassium, but woke up this morning in pain.

Thanks for listening!
Yes, more salt. Take a bit of it in water or from our hand when you have the cramp. Also, 2 spoons of pickle juice will also help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
I have an issue that I know I shouldnt let bother me, but right now I am livid.

I thought about just not talking to her anymore about dieting and stuff,but she's just going to keep asking questions.

Thanks for letting me vent! UGHHH!!!
Hey, Aimee, I can understand that it bothers you. After all, you're the one who is paying the money and took the step. Take a breath, answer her questions, and refer her to the clinic if she wants to do the program! Or refer her to this website. I know it's hard to share sometimes, but remember this: whatever she does or doesn't do cannot affect the fact that YOU have taken an important step. You have taken control and started this program. That's YOUR accomplishment and noone can take that away from you!

Good luck!

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by joysh; 07-11-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Thanks for the tip on lunch. I think I will have it tomorrow then! Or for dinner, and I'll have my chicken and bok choy for lunch. That'll work too.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennlnige View Post
Good Morning, almost Afternoon!!! I'm on day one and feeling really good. I have had almost 2 liters of water, had the omelet for breakfest (very yummy and filling) added a cup of spinach to start my veggie intake. Got my morning vitamins in.

Gotta go drop my daugher off at gymnastics then go to the store. Hopefully I won't have to use the restroom for 20 minutes!!!!
Hello! I'm on day 3 so it's nice to meet someone who is also just starting. Today has probably been my toughest day, but I posted on this forum and received some great ideas. Good Luck with the rest of your day !!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #66  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
I have an issue that I know I shouldnt let bother me, but right now I am livid.

I have a friend who about a year ago, we were dieting together and working out together. (counting calories). Well after 3 mths I quit going to the gym. Since before starting IP I had gained all of my 23 lbs back (I had lost 30).

She, on the other hand, continued going to the gym and counting her calories and lost almost 40 lbs. She looks great and the gym and calorie counting was working for her.

She came to the seminar with me and while I signed up, she couldnt afford it otherwise she would have.

Now that I lost 18#'s in 2 weeks she is now watching her carb intake and is asking questions about my diet and stuff.

I feel as though she cant let me be successful on my own. I probably weigh about 30-35 lbs more than her, but it bugs me to no end to think that she does not want me to weigh less than her.

I thought about just not talking to her anymore about dieting and stuff,but she's just going to keep asking questions.

Thanks for letting me vent! UGHHH!!!
Yup you can talk about anything? (except Twinkies/politics, see the sticky above.) It doesn't even haven to be IP related. We are here for each other. Do this for you. try not talking to her about it and see how you feel. Theremaremsome people,I don't talk to about it too. It is very personal. I was surprised and embarrassed and proudnyesterdaynall at once. I got a FB message from a woman who went to my clinic for the intro presentation. They showed my before and after photos and the woman asked me for some advice. It felt kinda weird and good all at the same time. I know her uncle and now were FB buddies. Strange world.

Last edited by usmcvet; 07-11-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Twinkies
Old 07-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #67  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all!

Every day that we stay OP our bodies are changing. We don't often see these changes day to day and sometimes not week to week, but your body is busy reconstructing itself, bringing you closer and closer to your goal. So trust in the wisdom your body has.

Keep drinking your water and stay OP! Just think how much slimmer and better feeling you will be by the end of the summer!
This was a GREAT message. I had a couple of weeks that nothing seemed to be moving* But this week the weight is literally falling off at about a pound a day. I almost gave in two weeks ago because of the frustration, but it was only a bump in the road.

* nothing seemed to be moving except my bowels, everyone else seems to report slowing of the digestive system, I have had just the oposite all 6 weeks. I wonder if it is the sucralose, or maybe the soy.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #68  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone, Haven't had time to read all of the post yet but wanted to share that I loss another pound and a few more inches this week...here is my latest video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBjfkzs2CJc
Old 07-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 254.6/213/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
This was a GREAT message. I had a couple of weeks that nothing seemed to be moving* But this week the weight is literally falling off at about a pound a day. I almost gave in two weeks ago because of the frustration, but it was only a bump in the road.

* nothing seemed to be moving except my bowels, everyone else seems to report slowing of the digestive system, I have had just the oposite all 6 weeks. I wonder if it is the sucralose, or maybe the soy.
Finally someone else not suffering from the Big C . I was beginning to think I was the only one! For me I think it is the whey.

Last edited by locastella; 07-11-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Hey everyone, Haven't had time to read all of the post yet but wanted to share that I loss another pound and a few more inches this week...here is my latest video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBjfkzs2CJc
LISA, YOU ROCK GIRL!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #71  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

grandma and loca....i am there with you guys!! i have NO problem in that department!! thankgoodness!! still, i am always aware of where a bathroom is EVERY WHERE I GO NOW!! haha

gives new meaning to my advice to my kids all these years,
ALWAYS BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS!!

<giggle>

grandma i am sooooooooooo glad you never gave in!!! i just love watching your journey and YOU CAN DO THIS!! you inspire me to press on despite any slags....just stay the course and eventually our bodies WILL GIVE IN! heart U <3
Old 07-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
Hello! I'm on day 3 so it's nice to meet someone who is also just starting. Today has probably been my toughest day, but I posted on this forum and received some great ideas. Good Luck with the rest of your day !!
Pianonan-

You have discovered a wonderful community!!!! Welcome aboard!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #73  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

What is the name of that website where you can buy individual packets? I just want to buy a few of the crepe mixes. I can only use them on the weekends and I dont want to buy a whole box.

Thanks.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #74  
Feb 2012

S/C/G: 300/248/145

Height: 5'6"

You can get some individual packets from Shopforprotein.com. Their website is moving to a new server so email [email protected] and she will help you out.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #75  

I'm new to the site, and a new IP dieter. I love the positive vibe on this site.
Closed Thread