S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Height: 5'4"

NewPath........Thank you so much!!!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
Day 3! I'm starving - for baked goods! The first two days weren't so bad. I didn't have any cravings and was having trouble eating the protein and veggies. Today the idea of a salad is making me nauseous and there are cookies sitting near my office

Does anyone have a remedy for leg cramps? I'm taking the potassium, but woke up this morning in pain.

Thanks for listening!
I'm a baker by nature and miss it soooo much, so I turn my pudding mixes into muffins. Just take the dry mix, add 2 egg whites, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder, and a tad bit of water. Mix it all up and bake in those mini cupcake tins. 350 degrees for something like 10 minutes.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I'm a baker by nature and miss it soooo much, so I turn my pudding mixes into muffins. Just take the dry mix, add 2 egg whites, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder, and a tad bit of water. Mix it all up and bake in those mini cupcake tins. 350 degrees for something like 10 minutes.
I'm printing the recipe out now! I have a pudding scheduled for today so I'm going to give it a try THANKS!
Old 07-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #79  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
I have an issue that I know I shouldnt let bother me, but right now I am livid.

I have a friend who about a year ago, we were dieting together and working out together. (counting calories). Well after 3 mths I quit going to the gym. Since before starting IP I had gained all of my 23 lbs back (I had lost 30).

She, on the other hand, continued going to the gym and counting her calories and lost almost 40 lbs. She looks great and the gym and calorie counting was working for her.

She came to the seminar with me and while I signed up, she couldnt afford it otherwise she would have.

Now that I lost 18#'s in 2 weeks she is now watching her carb intake and is asking questions about my diet and stuff.

I feel as though she cant let me be successful on my own. I probably weigh about 30-35 lbs more than her, but it bugs me to no end to think that she does not want me to weigh less than her.

I thought about just not talking to her anymore about dieting and stuff,but she's just going to keep asking questions.

Thanks for letting me vent! UGHHH!!!
I know my mother in law, or rather, step mother in law (not the one mentioned in previous post) is really uppity about the weight she lost, she's about a size 8-10 I suppose now? (she says 6, I say LIES!) and I got the impression as I had her measure me that she was putting me down. "Awe, you only lost 4" around blah blah blah this week, my week 3I was down 7 inches" grrrrrrrrrrr...and I have this weird thinking that she doesn't expect me to be able to get thinner than her. Is it in my head? Maybe, but I don' think so! I digress; your friend is probably jealous that you're doing something that is working so fast, while she was being a gym bunny and counting every.single.thing. she put into her mouth. I'd say tell her that you'd be happy to talk to her about it once you hit maintenance, so you can more fully inform her about the other 3 phases of this diet That'll buy you some time at least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locastella View Post
Finally someone else not suffering from the Big C . I was beginning to think I was the only one! For me I think it is the whey.
I'm a once-a-dayer-every-dayer...eeeew poo talk. I don't know why but I've not had an issue with constipation except maybe one day this whole time (week 12 now).
Old 07-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #80  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

OMG this book is getting HUGE! I am officially starting on page 3 of archive # 1...and can i just say we are gonna have us a big ol' cookbook!
Old 07-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
NovaScents,
I have Hashimotoes Disease-hypothyroid. I have had not thryroid function for over 21 years. Since starting IP, my thyroid is functioning again, and my doctor had to lower my meds.
I have hypothyroidism as well, and my blood work just came out great. My TSH is looking very good, and my cholesterol dropped from 220 to 205. This diet is the only diet I have found success with in the past 20 years with my thyroid issues. I am concerned with all the soy in the foods, but I will continue to check my tsh. When your doctor lowered your meds was it because your tsh went down or up?
Old 07-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #82  
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Kaypix - That cookbook is so cool!!!

Well I had my unofficial weigh in today (my coach is out until the 18th, so I weigh at home at my appt time with all my clothes on). Down another 2.5#!!!!! Woo-hoo! So happy since the scale hadn't been moving much this week it didn't seem.

Hubby and I bought a mandolin last night so we can more easily slice veggies. We also looked at an Actifryer and added it to the list of things to buy when we have $250 laying around We also looked at a magic bullet so I don't have to drag my blender out to make shakes (the main reason I haven't made any shakes yet), but I think I need to read more product reviews before taking the plunge! Busy night lol.

Congrats to everyone OP and losing today!!! I was starting to doubt this week, and it was all erased when I stepped on the scale 20 min ago!
Old 07-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missa1013 View Post
Good morning, second day on IP, first day was tough as I was travelling back to work and my flight was delayed and the bus ride was horrific, but, I didn't cheat, however I wasn't able to eat for about 6 hours and was absolutely starving to the point of wanting to throw chunks. Was very nauseous but managed to pull through. Missed my evening vitamins and such, felt too ill to even attempt to swallow them.....

Back on track today, just need to make it through these first few days and hopefully it will get better
The first week is tough, no two ways about it, just keep your eyes on the goal. It will get much better fast. If you find yourself wavering at all, read Dr Tran's book which is found on the last link (or next to last) on the opening message of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygirl68 View Post
I'm on week 2 and I've settled in. It's very easy! My biggest challenge is in the afternoon--- but a little seltzer gets me through!
I also find the afternoons a little long and so I for the first 3 months, I would split my snack in half and have half in the late afternoon, half at bedtime. It worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikig3 View Post
Good Morning everyone!

Well I had my weigh in this morning and after a crappy loss last week with the stress and power being out.... this week I MADE IT TO ONEDERLAND!!! I will never go back! I almost fell off the scale! Doing a little

Now i need to go back and catch up on all the posts. Hope everyone is having a good day!
CONGRATULATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htnwilson View Post
Hi
I have only been on the program for 3 weeks and last week it felt like I had a pill stuck in my throat/ After a few days it hadnt gone away i called the doctor and my thyroid is swollen - i had my blood work done on Saturday and am havig an ultrasound on Monday. I do have a goiter on my thyroid but i have never felt it and i have had it for over 10 years.
Please keep us in the loop regarding your thyroid. many of us take thyroid meds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishak View Post
I have WI# ??? tomorrow. I've lost count of the weeks! Anyway, if my home scale is accurate, and I know it is, I should be down another 3 lbs, which would technically move me to phase 2.

BUT... at 4'11.75" (yes, I usually round up to 5 feet) tall, I know I need to weigh less than 150 to be truly a healthy weight. So.... I think I'm going to lower my goal. I think I'll set it at 140. I can do it!!! I know I can! Has anyone else lowered their goal? Do you think it would be better to phase out, reach my original goal, and start exercising? I think i'd rather just keep doing what I'm doing to get where I want to be.

Hope you are all having a great IP day!

Trish
It seems people have a hard time the second time around, so I would stay on Phase 1 till I got down to the real number I want to reach. Easier to keep truckin' than stop and start again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
This was a GREAT message. I had a couple of weeks that nothing seemed to be moving* But this week the weight is literally falling off at about a pound a day. I almost gave in two weeks ago because of the frustration, but it was only a bump in the road.

* nothing seemed to be moving except my bowels, everyone else seems to report slowing of the digestive system, I have had just the oposite all 6 weeks. I wonder if it is the sucralose, or maybe the soy.
Glad you found the message helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post

OMG this book is getting HUGE! I am officially starting on page 3 of archive # 1...and can i just say we are gonna have us a big ol' cookbook!
This will be so wonderful, for so many.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #84  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26965 View Post
We also looked at a magic bullet so I don't have to drag my blender out to make shakes (the main reason I haven't made any shakes yet), but I think I need to read more product reviews before taking the plunge!
jules.....i LOVE LOVE LOVE my magic bullet and use it every single day, pack it when i go on trips and i have the larger version with the juicer and set of mugs that you can just make your drink in and then drink from the mug!! Its my FAVORITE kitchen utensil!!!! I have an "new" blender sitting in the corner, and rarely use it!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
I have an issue that I know I shouldnt let bother me, but right now I am livid.

I have a friend who about a year ago, we were dieting together and working out together. (counting calories). Well after 3 mths I quit going to the gym. Since before starting IP I had gained all of my 23 lbs back (I had lost 30).

She, on the other hand, continued going to the gym and counting her calories and lost almost 40 lbs. She looks great and the gym and calorie counting was working for her.

She came to the seminar with me and while I signed up, she couldnt afford it otherwise she would have.

Now that I lost 18#'s in 2 weeks she is now watching her carb intake and is asking questions about my diet and stuff.

I feel as though she cant let me be successful on my own. I probably weigh about 30-35 lbs more than her, but it bugs me to no end to think that she does not want me to weigh less than her.

I thought about just not talking to her anymore about dieting and stuff,but she's just going to keep asking questions.

Thanks for letting me vent! UGHHH!!!
It does feel good to vent! I would take this as a compliment that you are such an inspiration to her that she wants to do what you are doing. I would share your success as much as possible with as many people as you can! I would love some of my friends to jump on board with my new way of eating. I am thrilled to have my parents join in with me. My mom has already taught me a few great recipes/discoveries. It's so fun to hear my parents as excited about the diet as I am.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #86  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Thank you all for the advice and suggestions. I am just going to do me!!
Old 07-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #87  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

trying to think of this bowl of lettus and balsamic (WF) dressing as my new snack of choice... haven't convinced myself quite yet.. working on it. One thing I can tell you, is pre-packaged salads are no longer coming into this house. This fresh lettus really does rock. And there's varieties of lettus (I've seen it in the stores - didn't really mix it up like now and really work 'em before).

Trying to drink more water. Took to heart the salt thing yesterday and today I feel so puffy. TOM for me is hard to say - I had surgery about 8 years ago that took away the visable signs of that, but left the hormone parts in could be that going on and not the salt, or a combo. Anyway I feel rather blimpishh today.. drink drink drink....
Old 07-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I love my magic bullet too. It is great for mixing the wildberry yogurt shake with spinach.

Finishing up my chicken, bok choi, mushrooms, WF balsamic and tamari sauce for lunch. It is pretty darned good. The sauce has been in the fridge for several days and the hot pepper flakes are in full effect.

My chicken a la king is soaking for supper. Thanks for that very important tip!
Old 07-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #89  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

So I need t place my weekly food order but don't know what to order! I used to love mushrooms in my herb and cheese omelet. Made one this morning and just didn't want to eat it. The dog got some of it. She was pretty happy!

Anyone else loose interstate for a favorite?

I will order some more soups and chocolate shakes.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #90  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Just an awesome day today. My work has a Bocce Ball tournament each year and today was the opening game. I am in charge of the tournament and really felt the difference walking all over the front lawn of our building in the sunshine. I didn't get as hot... thank god. And many coworkers who don't know I am on a lifestyle change have started to notice the difference. Pretty dang cool in my book.
Closed Thread