Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Delgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 832

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Post Ketosis

This might be a dumb question, but I am new to IP.
How does one know if or when they are in ketosis?
I know your breath gets bad...but Frankly, I cannot tell

Any thoughts?
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,110

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Just follow the sheet and you should be there in 3-5 days. I never knew when I went into it or not, I just followed the sheet. I have never in the 14 months I have been on program "check" myself or wondered if I was in Ketosis or not because I follow my sheet and stay 100% op
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Delgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 832

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Thanks! I guess I won't worry about it. I have been on IP for about 4 weeks and have lost 12 pounds now. I will just keep going forward
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #4  
Started IP 8.02.11
 
JellyMae87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bonney Lake, Wa
Posts: 864

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Just follow the sheet and you should be there in 3-5 days. I never knew when I went into it or not, I just followed the sheet. I have never in the 14 months I have been on program "check" myself or wondered if I was in Ketosis or not because I follow my sheet and stay 100% op
I too didnt know when it arrived... I just followed the sheet...
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #5  
Ideal Protein April 27/12
 
Longhorn Energy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta
Posts: 480

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Holy crap Jelly!!!! I have never seen a before pic of you. Wow girl, you dont even look like the same person.

Man there are some inspirational people here...
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:55 AM   #6  
Started IP 8.02.11
 
JellyMae87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bonney Lake, Wa
Posts: 864

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Holy crap Jelly!!!! I have never seen a before pic of you. Wow girl, you dont even look like the same person.

Man there are some inspirational people here...
Yeah.. pretty crazy. That one of the only I can find right now...
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:26 AM   #7  
Started IP 5/29/12
 
Mamalee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 59

S/C/G: 220.4/191.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Thanks! I guess I won't worry about it. I have been on IP for about 4 weeks and have lost 12 pounds now. I will just keep going forward
That's kind of my philosophy, also. I figure if I stay OP 100% I just have to trust that ketosis has set in and I am good. So far, whatever is happening is working, so I'll take it! :-)

Keep up the good work.
Mamalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #8  
Senior Member
 
rissimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 472

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
This might be a dumb question, but I am new to IP.
How does one know if or when they are in ketosis?
I know your breath gets bad...but Frankly, I cannot tell

Any thoughts?

I've bumped the ketosis thread for you..
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #9  
Began IP 3-29-2012
 
usmcvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Barre, Vermont
Posts: 1,693

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Holy crap Jelly!!!! I have never seen a before pic of you. Wow girl, you dont even look like the same person.

Man there are some inspirational people here...
It's because her hair is parted differently!

Jelly you look awesome!
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #10  
Senior Member
 
reneepw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Wales, PA
Posts: 214

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Yeah.. pretty crazy. That one of the only I can find right now...
Jelly - you look fantastic!
reneepw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #11  
Ideal Protein April 27/12
 
Longhorn Energy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta
Posts: 480

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
It's because her hair is parted differently!

Jelly you look awesome!
Bwahahaha....ya thats it! You nut
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #12  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 66

S/C/G: 179.6 on a quest to 140

Height: 5' 3''

Default

WOW JELLY!!!
Good Job Girl!
JackBs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Long Does It Take To Get Into Ketosis? needtolose4me2 Carb Counters 30 11-15-2013 06:37 PM
How long did it take for you to begin Ketosis? erincrista Low Carb Frequently Asked Questions 16 04-06-2010 10:36 PM
Induction carb count & ketosis AnnaHope Low Carb Frequently Asked Questions 23 12-30-2008 11:21 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.