Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #406  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hi Sandy,

I hope your knee replacement was a total success! I had 2 friends that recently had them ( about 3 months ago) and they are doing great. I am popping back in, as I have to get back at it. I have gained alot back and am getting back into the groove. Good Luck to you Sandy
Hi Bella! It's good to see you. You and I are going to have to keep track of each other! Support is good!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #407  

Today was a lovely day! Other than being Dads day, we went on a nice 2 hr drive to the in laws to visit, play cards and have supper. My MIL made turkey breast roll, pork tenderloin, various veggie dishes, and I brought a salad!! I had salad and protein as I think some of the veggie dishes werent IP. Which is ok, I'll get my veggies in tonight when I have my rhubarb crisp!! It was nice to get out of the house!!

Tomorrow is staff inservice and every in service the table is loaded with dips, chips, crackers, spreads, desserts of all kinds. Rarely a veggie tray is there. Well tomorrow I will bring some cucs for myself!!

Have a great day!
Old 06-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #408  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I had a couple NSVs today.
1. Went to a buffet dinner with extended family to celebrate Father's Day with my Uncle. I had the salad bar with OP veggies, steam broccoli and cauliflower with prime rib and salmon. Skipped the fruit bar with chocolate fountain, pies, cakes, etc and the soup bar with bacon cheddar soup and a wonderful smelling chili. I didn't go up for any seconds of the allowed food either so left feeling comfortable.

2. Went to Costco and just for kicks looked at the clothing. I saw shorts which I don't wear often as I am self conscience and it takes a lot for me to get hot enough (IP doesn't help as I'm always chilled). The style was short but cute so I decided to get a size 14 instead of the 16, thinking I could fit them and maybe feel good in them by Sept for my cruise to Hawaii. I also bought a shirt in a Large, no X in front. At home, I tried on the shorts to see how far I was from zipping them up but shocked myself when they fit. They aren't a perfect fit yet but it will only be 2-3 weeks to be good, not 2-3 months as I thought. Maybe I should take them back and get the size 12! The shirt was a little tighter but I think that's the style of it too. I could still get it on and not look totally hideous.
(added note: I haven't worn a size 14 anything since I was 14, which was 28 years ago!)

I tried a new recipe today for braised celery. Cut it up into 4 inch pieces, put in a pan and enough chicken stock to almost cover. Salt and pepper added to taste but next time I might use a few other spices, then simmer for about 30-40 minutes until tender. It said to also add butter but I skipped that and then sprinkle with parsley to serve. It would make a great side dish to lots of things although today was for experimenting so I just ate it plain.

Last edited by KitKat169; 06-17-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:59 AM   #409  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I tried a new recipe today for braised celery. Cut it up into 4 inch pieces, put in a pan and enough chicken stock to almost cover. Salt and pepper added to taste but next time I might use a few other spices, then simmer for about 30-40 minutes until tender. It said to also add butter but I skipped that and then sprinkle with parsley to serve. It would make a great side dish to lots of things although today was for experimenting so I just ate it plain.
Congrats on the NSVs! It's so empowering to tick off all the little victories. And thanks for the celery recipe, I'll be trying that with some pork chops tomorrow!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:08 AM   #410  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I love freebies! for the month of June you can download a free PDF copy of the Miracle Noodles cookbook (regularly $29.99).

http://miraclenoodle.com/recipebook.pdf
Old 06-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #411  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning Everybody

Since the comment from my friend last week about my flabby arms, I have to decided to start exercising. I have been walking once in a while, doing weight training here and there but I need to start it for real today. I will walk everyday and I have weights at home and my cable service has on demand with weight training videos I can do. I have heard that you shouldn't do weight training everyday, that you need to give your muscles a break. I know nothing about working out so I am looking for input, do you think it is better to do a whole body workout every other day or maybe work on different parts of the body every day? what do you all do?
Old 06-18-2012, 06:06 AM   #412  

S/C/G: 287/144/150

Well I feel accomplished this weekend. I FINALLY cleaned out my closet of all of the clothes that are too big I have 4 bags full... Now to find the strength to actually let them go .
Old 06-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #413  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good morning Everybody
\I know nothing about working out so I am looking for input, do you think it is better to do a whole body workout every other day or maybe work on different parts of the body every day? what do you all do?
You can do either. Whichever works out best for you. My preferred method is a whole body strength training which can be done in 30 minutes. I would do that every other day...and me...well I prefer to walk every day. Walking at a moderate pace you can easily walk a 5K (3.1 miles) in 45 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfromIL View Post
Well I feel accomplished this weekend. I FINALLY cleaned out my closet of all of the clothes that are too big I have 4 bags full... Now to find the strength to actually let them go .
Great job! You can do it, but if you are having a hard time it sounds like you need some time to work through the goodbye part. Unfortunately I think that is a very important step to take....saying goodbye. Otherwise you will never really be free to move forward and keep your new body if in your heart and mind you are still holding on to something associated with your other sizes.

Last edited by Meadow Wheeler; 06-18-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #414  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

GM iPeeps!

Just checking in to say hi. I am still working P2... I do find myself missing that third IP pack a day, it amazes me how easy patterns are formed. I can't believe how quick time is flying...three more weeks for our river trip. Still eleven weeks with my little chickadees before they head off to college.

Today I am starting to move.

Last edited by Tripmama; 06-18-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #415  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

I cleaned out my closet after 30 lbs and took 2 bags to the goodwill Saturday. I just went for it. I figured I had to let them go to not give myself the option of being that size again. I also figured worst case scenario I could go to the goodwill and get some bigger clothes, but that was the old me worrying - the new, IP me says let them go because you know how to do this program and you know it works and you don't need those clothes anymore!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #416  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All!
Meadow; loved your advice to Cadu and JKfromIL; I second that! Hope you all have wonderful weeks with staying 100% OP and that it is easy!
I have not been struggling as much recently and appreciate that a lot! I look forward to seeing your posts and reading the advice and the NSV's here. You ladies and gents are wonderful!!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #417  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
I cleaned out my closet after 30 lbs and took 2 bags to the goodwill Saturday. I just went for it. I figured I had to let them go to not give myself the option of being that size again. I also figured worst case scenario I could go to the goodwill and get some bigger clothes, but that was the old me worrying - the new, IP me says let them go because you know how to do this program and you know it works and you don't need those clothes anymore!
Way to go! A friend of mine who did IP a year before me told me to get rid of all my "old" sizes, which I did. It's the best decision I made. Now my "large" clothes are 10s!!! So, you did the right thing and you will NEVER go back to your "Large, Large" sizes... Keep it up!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #418  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
Good for you, I had a lot of clothes A LOT!! (VIP was like "ok so do you know how much money is out there" and I said "shush") So I packed them up and put them in the garage. I recently pulled them out and I'm selling them ($4 bucks at a time). So far, they've paid for at least 1/2 of my goal ring so far. By the time I'm done probably most of it

If they aren't sold on facebook then they go back into the garbage bag and off they go to goodwill (then at least I feel better for trying). I should be done by the end of June or at least second week in July. I'm doing 10-14 articles at a time.

I think I couldn't stand to see all that money just walk out the door without 'trying'. And that it's paying for my goal ring is kinda cool.

I think I bought clothes to make me feel better and sometimes I bought clothes cause they fit me. We all know where I was in my headspace.

It's nice to buy clothes that I think "ok, I really love this I want it, lets buy it" I've noticed that I walk away from a lot of stuff now because I don't love it but it fits me...great internal conversation there.

Last edited by Ishbel; 06-18-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #419  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Good Morning All.

Its been a while since Ive posted but have been 100%. Things are finally about to slow down baseball for my son is over til Fall. This has been a busy season with two teams (what was I thinking). But all in all things are going well. My coach wants me to do the cleanse but we shall see. Hopefully now I will be able to get back into my jazzercise classes and walking.

Hope everyone enjoys their 100%OP day!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #420  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good morning Everybody

Since the comment from my friend last week about my flabby arms, I have to decided to start exercising
at first i was still MAD and sad about that insensitive comment from your friend....and then to see you still having that thought in your head....made me even more sad....BUT...i love your ATTITUDE!!! maybe sometimes truth hurts, maybe sometimes truth inspires change...whatever the case....i am so proud of you for having such a great spirit and attitude and pump those arms sexy lady!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I had a couple NSVs today.
1. Went to a buffet dinner with extended family to celebrate Father's Day with my Uncle. I had the salad bar with OP veggies, steam broccoli and cauliflower with prime rib and salmon. Skipped the fruit bar with chocolate fountain, pies, cakes, etc and the soup bar with bacon cheddar soup and a wonderful smelling chili. I didn't go up for any seconds of the allowed food either so left feeling comfortable.

2. Went to Costco and just for kicks looked at the clothing. I saw shorts which I don't wear often as I am self conscience and it takes a lot for me to get hot enough (IP doesn't help as I'm always chilled). The style was short but cute so I decided to get a size 14 instead of the 16, thinking I could fit them and maybe feel good in them by Sept for my cruise to Hawaii. I also bought a shirt in a Large, no X in front. At home, I tried on the shorts to see how far I was from zipping them up but shocked myself when they fit. They aren't a perfect fit yet but it will only be 2-3 weeks to be good, not 2-3 months as I thought. Maybe I should take them back and get the size 12! The shirt was a little tighter but I think that's the style of it too. I could still get it on and not look totally hideous.
(added note: I haven't worn a size 14 anything since I was 14, which was 28 years ago!)

wow...WOW!!!....kudos on those sz 14 shorts!!!! i am still hoping to find the courage to wear shorts one day...

as for the butter needed to your recipe....maybe some land o lakes butter flavoring seasoning or something similar??? sprinkled on??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Good Morning All!
Meadow; loved your advice to Cadu and JKfromIL; I second that! Hope you all have wonderful weeks with staying 100% OP and that it is easy!
I have not been struggling as much recently and appreciate that a lot! I look forward to seeing your posts and reading the advice and the NSV's here. You ladies and gents are wonderful!!
had a victory today....i walked down the stairs without holding on to the rail!!!! i have been walking up all last week not holding on and using the railing to "pull" myself up the stairs, instead i used my legs to push me up!! woot woot!! also, i rode my bike this week 4.5 miles and it felt good to have the wind in my hair!! good thing riding a bike is like "riding a bike" it just comes back to you!! hope you have a blessed day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Good for you, I had a lot of clothes A LOT!! (VIP was like "ok so do you know how much money is out there" and I said "shush") So I packed them up and put them in the garage. I recently pulled them out and I'm selling them ($4 bucks at a time). So far, they've paid for at least 1/2 of my goal ring so far. By the time I'm done probably most of it

If they aren't sold on facebook then they go back into the garbage bag and off they go to goodwill (then at least I feel better for trying). I should be done by the end of June or at least second week in July. I'm doing 10-14 articles at a time.

I think I couldn't stand to see all that money just walk out the door without 'trying'. And that it's paying for my goal ring is kinda cool.

I think I bought clothes to make me feel better and sometimes I bought clothes cause they fit me. We all know where I was in my headspace.

It's nice to buy clothes that I think "ok, I really love this I want it, lets buy it" I've noticed that I walk away from a lot of stuff now because I don't love it but it fits me...great internal conversation there.
sounds like i need to find your FB page and go shopping!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 06-18-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Closed Thread