Home of the 100% Vol. 7 - Page 29 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #421  

S/C/G: 184/162/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good morning Everybody

Since the comment from my friend last week about my flabby arms, I have to decided to start exercising. I have been walking once in a while, doing weight training here and there but I need to start it for real today. I will walk everyday and I have weights at home and my cable service has on demand with weight training videos I can do. I have heard that you shouldn't do weight training everyday, that you need to give your muscles a break. I know nothing about working out so I am looking for input, do you think it is better to do a whole body workout every other day or maybe work on different parts of the body every day? what do you all do?
In addition to lifting weights I would highly recommend pushups. You can start off with doing just two or three and build up rather quickly. They are great for your arms and your core (stomach). Since you aren't lifting heavy weights you can lift every day.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #422  

I wrote a REALLY LONG POST before water aerobics and I lost it when I went back to read posts. I know I should learn from this. I tell you it's the brain fog that I am experiencing on phase one here, Hope it goes away fast. I have WI this morning. I'm hoping for 5 . I know I've lost inches cause I can tell in my clothes.

TTYL
Old 06-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #423  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 200/155/145

Height: 5'5"/45yo

Quote:
Since the comment from my friend last week about my flabby arms, I have to decided to start exercising. I have been walking once in a while, doing weight training here and there but I need to start it for real today. I will walk everyday and I have weights at home and my cable service has on demand with weight training videos I can do. I have heard that you shouldn't do weight training everyday, that you need to give your muscles a break. I know nothing about working out so I am looking for input, do you think it is better to do a whole body workout every other day or maybe work on different parts of the body every day? what do you all do?
I do a Bodypump class, which is an hour long all over weightlifting circuit class using barbells, 3x/week (Tue, Thur, & Sat). In the past I had also done a daily routine where I switched up bodyparts (legs, back&biceps, chest&triceps, rest day, then start over). You do need to give your 'worked out' muscles some recovery time. I also do a light, leisure 2-mile walk most days, although lately it's turning into a 1-mile walk since we've moved indoors to the mall and I don't like walking around crowded, teenage filled, kiosk soliciting places!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
I cleaned out my closet after 30 lbs and took 2 bags to the goodwill Saturday. I just went for it. I figured I had to let them go to not give myself the option of being that size again. I also figured worst case scenario I could go to the goodwill and get some bigger clothes, but that was the old me worrying - the new, IP me says let them go because you know how to do this program and you know it works and you don't need those clothes anymore!
GOOD FOR YOU! I cleaned out my closet of my size 16s & 14s bottoms and XL tops at a garage sale at $1/piece and made ~$125. It was easy money, the 18 leftovers I posted about on the clothing exchange thread and gave to Wingnut.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-exchange.html

Seriously just about 1-2 weeks later I needed to get rid of my Large tops and size 12 bottoms (only have 1 pair jeans & 1 pair shorts - I am learning to not get too many clothes right now). Now I am in size 8 jeans, and have a few 10 shorts - and am in Medium tops. You will really start going through the sizes fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Its been a while since Ive posted but have been 100%. Things are finally about to slow down baseball for my son is over til Fall. This has been a busy season with two teams (what was I thinking). But all in all things are going well. My coach wants me to do the cleanse but we shall see. Hopefully now I will be able to get back into my jazzercise classes and walking.
I missed seeing your beautiful smile prettyone!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #424  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I had a couple NSVs today.
1. Went to a buffet dinner with extended family to celebrate Father's Day with my Uncle. I had the salad bar with OP veggies, steam broccoli and cauliflower with prime rib and salmon. Skipped the fruit bar with chocolate fountain, pies, cakes, etc and the soup bar with bacon cheddar soup and a wonderful smelling chili. I didn't go up for any seconds of the allowed food either so left feeling comfortable.

2. Went to Costco and just for kicks looked at the clothing. I saw shorts which I don't wear often as I am self conscience and it takes a lot for me to get hot enough (IP doesn't help as I'm always chilled). The style was short but cute so I decided to get a size 14 instead of the 16, thinking I could fit them and maybe feel good in them by Sept for my cruise to Hawaii. I also bought a shirt in a Large, no X in front. At home, I tried on the shorts to see how far I was from zipping them up but shocked myself when they fit. They aren't a perfect fit yet but it will only be 2-3 weeks to be good, not 2-3 months as I thought. Maybe I should take them back and get the size 12! The shirt was a little tighter but I think that's the style of it too. I could still get it on and not look totally hideous.
(added note: I haven't worn a size 14 anything since I was 14, which was 28 years ago!)

I tried a new recipe today for braised celery. Cut it up into 4 inch pieces, put in a pan and enough chicken stock to almost cover. Salt and pepper added to taste but next time I might use a few other spices, then simmer for about 30-40 minutes until tender. It said to also add butter but I skipped that and then sprinkle with parsley to serve. It would make a great side dish to lots of things although today was for experimenting so I just ate it plain.
Don't you love those kind of surprises! I'm so happy for you! I bet you'll be a 12 by September (at least)!

The braised celery sounds good. Must try! My kids love celery!

Way to go!!
Old 06-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #425  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post

I missed seeing your beautiful smile prettyone!
Thanks Liz, I miss you as well. You always have good tips that I use
Old 06-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Height: 5' 7"

KitKat - great NSVs!!! Good for you! At this rate, you will need a brand new wardrobe for your cruise

Last edited by Bdmom; 06-18-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #427  

S/C/G: 156/138.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Yayayayayayayayaya!!!!!!! 4.2 pounds down today! Woop!

Now to go back a read posts......just had to say that first.....
Old 06-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #428  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Getting ready for D2 of P2. A little unprepared yesterday, but made it through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootermom125 View Post

Now to go back a read posts......just had to say that first.....
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ishbel and LizRR, thanks for letting me know what you are doing with your old clothes - I'm inspired with the next batch to see if I can sell them or give them to someone else on IP...I live in an apt and at first was just like - "I don't have room for this stuff!" but as I'm trying not to buy many new things until I get to goal, I could definitely try another strategy with the next batch. Isn't it great to be a loser?
Old 06-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #429  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfromIL View Post
Well I feel accomplished this weekend. I FINALLY cleaned out my closet of all of the clothes that are too big I have 4 bags full... Now to find the strength to actually let them go .
Good for you.. once you get rid of them it feels great. before you know it you will have more too big clothes and have to do it again.... and again... and again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
You can do either. Whichever works out best for you. My preferred method is a whole body strength training which can be done in 30 minutes. I would do that every other day...and me...well I prefer to walk every day. Walking at a moderate pace you can easily walk a 5K (3.1 miles) in 45 minutes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
at first i was still MAD and sad about that insensitive comment from your friend....and then to see you still having that thought in your head....made me even more sad....BUT...i love your ATTITUDE!!! maybe sometimes truth hurts, maybe sometimes truth inspires change...whatever the case....i am so proud of you for having such a great spirit and attitude and pump those arms sexy lady!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms12 View Post
In addition to lifting weights I would highly recommend pushups. You can start off with doing just two or three and build up rather quickly. They are great for your arms and your core (stomach). Since you aren't lifting heavy weights you can lift every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I do a Bodypump class, which is an hour long all over weightlifting circuit class using barbells, 3x/week (Tue, Thur, & Sat). In the past I had also done a daily routine where I switched up bodyparts (legs, back&biceps, chest&triceps, rest day, then start over). You do need to give your 'worked out' muscles some recovery time. I also do a light, leisure 2-mile walk most days, although lately it's turning into a 1-mile walk since we've moved indoors to the mall and I don't like walking around crowded, teenage filled, kiosk soliciting places!
Thanks for the input you guys. I did walk around the zoo today, up and down hills for a good 2 hours and did some push ups and a complete body weight training session. I have to admit I am a bit clumsy with the weights, I have no idea if I am doing it right. I guess it is something I will have to get used to. whooo hooooo toned body here I come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Morning All.

Its been a while since Ive posted but have been 100%. Things are finally about to slow down baseball for my son is over til Fall. This has been a busy season with two teams (what was I thinking). But all in all things are going well. My coach wants me to do the cleanse but we shall see. Hopefully now I will be able to get back into my jazzercise classes and walking.

Hope everyone enjoys their 100%OP day!
Hello there Prettyone.. good to see you, you have been missed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootermom125 View Post
Way to go... whoooo hooooooo
Old 06-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #430  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
I wrote a REALLY LONG POST before water aerobics and I lost it when I went back to read posts. I know I should learn from this. I tell you it's the brain fog that I am experiencing on phase one here, Hope it goes away fast. I have WI this morning. I'm hoping for 5 . I know I've lost inches cause I can tell in my clothes.

TTYL
hey sandy... Good to see a familiar name... Welcome back!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #431  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
hey sandy... Good to see a familiar name... Welcome back!
Hi Jelly & Sandy,

I am psyching up for another go-round with IP and love seeing familiar faces and names. I do keep up with Wuv on FB. I have been reading daily for awhile, and need to dive-in soon. You look Fab Jelly.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #432  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Small loss for me today -- .9 pounds and 1/2". I'm fine w/ it. I'm pretty sure it's caused by the big C, so I'm hitting the miralax. I hope that you all are having a great day. I've been too busy to read any posts but wanted to check in!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #433  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
I have to admit I am a bit clumsy with the weights, I have no idea if I am doing it right. I guess it is something I will have to get used to. whooo hooooo toned body here I come.
when i wanted to learn how to use my dumbbells, 15 lb set and 25 lb set, i just did the you tube look up and learned an amazing lot of ways to just use those simple dumbbells!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #434  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Default Thankful Ramble: Week 9

1. Tomorrow is my WI 9. I am not sure if I will lose big, or lose small....or maybe not lose at all. It matters not, because, this IP protocol is ALL about winning. (The losing is secondary.)
I am soooo winning. Each little NSV is a HUGE win!
2. Today I look, feel, and exude a person who is completely different than I was on April 13th......just 9 little weeks ago.
I am healthy, happy and excited about how I FEEL! I am bamvoozled by daily comments about ..."WOW"....me! (Those comments make me stop, and check myself out...pinch myself...you know!!!!?)Today a friend said, "I am so jealous of what you have done...I wish I had started when you started, Jules, you look....so beautiful. You are a completely different person."
3. At this point, my transformation feels effortless...if anything, I need to REMEMBER to eat everything, take all of my vitamins, get the oil in, yada yada yada!!! (After the first few "****" weeks...I never would have imagined "fantisizing about which vegetable I would shop for. Weigh ins have become easier...I have come to realize that the scale really measures what I have been doing for 9 weeks,,,,nothing personal...sometimes you lose A LOT..sometimes NOT SO MUCH.......but, I am still averaging over 4 lbs a week...and I am eating a ton...in my humble opinion!!!!!!
4. I need to take more time to thank all of you. It is truly the blogs here that have kept my boat floating. Really, all of you, have helped steer this barge! I hope that I will soon shed my newbie status and be able to help other newbies become oldbies!!!!!!
5. I am going to take time, within the next few days, to thank my family. I will admit, there have been "moods" and "selfish ME" moments that have taken me away from my loved-ones......too bad so sad.....just kidding!!!!
6. IP is changing my life. This is a wonderful journey...thanks IPeeps!!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #435  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
1. Tomorrow is my WI 9. I am not sure if I will lose big, or lose small....or maybe not lose at all. It matters not, because, this IP protocol is ALL about winning. (The losing is secondary.)
I am soooo winning. Each little NSV is a HUGE win!
2. Today I look, feel, and exude a person who is completely different than I was on April 13th......just 9 little weeks ago.
I am healthy, happy and excited about how I FEEL! I am bamvoozled by daily comments about ..."WOW"....me! (Those comments make me stop, and check myself out...pinch myself...you know!!!!?)Today a friend said, "I am so jealous of what you have done...I wish I had started when you started, Jules, you look....so beautiful. You are a completely different person."
3. At this point, my transformation feels effortless...if anything, I need to REMEMBER to eat everything, take all of my vitamins, get the oil in, yada yada yada!!! (After the first few "****" weeks...I never would have imagined "fantisizing about which vegetable I would shop for. Weigh ins have become easier...I have come to realize that the scale really measures what I have been doing for 9 weeks,,,,nothing personal...sometimes you lose A LOT..sometimes NOT SO MUCH.......but, I am still averaging over 4 lbs a week...and I am eating a ton...in my humble opinion!!!!!!
4. I need to take more time to thank all of you. It is truly the blogs here that have kept my boat floating. Really, all of you, have helped steer this barge! I hope that I will soon shed my newbie status and be able to help other newbies become oldbies!!!!!!
5. I am going to take time, within the next few days, to thank my family. I will admit, there have been "moods" and "selfish ME" moments that have taken me away from my loved-ones......too bad so sad.....just kidding!!!!
6. IP is changing my life. This is a wonderful journey...thanks IPeeps!!!!
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!!! You are a star shining bright! Great post!
Closed Thread