Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #1  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default IP Weekend Chat Saturday and Sunday June 9th & 10th 2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 06-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #2  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Looks like we're going to have a rainy one here in South Louisiana.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #3  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

I am starting my 4th week on IP & I have never felt better!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #4  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone, didn't get a chance to check the dailies too much, busy with yard sale stuff. Yesterday's sale DEFINED "bust", totally sucked and I made absolutely no money, and had to set up the heavy stuff by myself!

I'm really hoping today is more successful, and then on Monday I'm taking what's left down to Salvation Army and just donating it all. Next week I get to do my container garden with the money I make from the sale...hooray!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #5  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Well the lawn needs mowing . I'm taking the kids to see the new Madagascar movie after we go to the pool. I'm pretty sure Im going to want a nap after that!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #6  
Began IP 3-29-2012

I might weed out my closet and check the basement fir clothes I've packed away that may fit again. My skinny work pants were falling off last week.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 148/144/128

Height: 5'5 and a half.....because the half is so important :)

Default Happy Saturday

Hi Everyone,

Hope you have a great day! I'm finishing my 3rd week and you guys were telling the truth when you said I would feel better. I feel really good this week! I'm excited for my trip (2 weeks out) but I am kind of sad to have to take a break from phase 1 protocol. I'm going to transition to phase 2 and 3 over the next 2 weeks but I'm really hoping I don't put tons of weight back on while traveling....I'm praying for self-control.

Good news, I have almost reached my initial goal (home scale 129.5) and I lowered my goal weight another 5 pounds. This diet makes it seem achievable. Given my small build I really think that’s a better weight for me. I'm hoping by the end of the summer but who knows after 10 days in France.

Thanks for all the feedback on my last post, I really appreciate it! I bought a rotisserie chicken and that saved me last night. The salad at lunch w/ some of my dinner protein is really helping and the salad is getting things "moving" down below . I like having some protein at lunch as it allows me to save an IP packet/bar for after dinner which I'm enjoying.

My coach gave me the green light for occasional diet tonic w/ lime (0 sugar, carb, and calorie) and I actually felt like I was having a treat when I sat on our patio w/ friends who were all enjoying an adult beverage. I don't miss the alcohol which is something I never thought I would say...

IP protocol says to not eat after 7 pm (or is it 8 pm?) but many threads talk about the benefit of having protein before bed. Which is it? I like saving a bar and having it with some herbal tea before bed but that is late in the evening.

I hope you guys have a great OP day!
Julie
Old 06-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Good Morning All - Hope Everyone had a great week. I have not had a chance to be on the site too much this week as I had a 4 day training session away from home. The organizer asked the week before if anyone had any dietary concerns - so I told her that I did not eat carbs would there be a vegetable and protein opitions and she said yes it would be fine for me...fast forward Sandwiches one day, next day lasagna, 3rd day pork sliders on a bun, 4th day nachos, plus all snacks were muffins, cookies, chips, etc..Thank goodness being a hardcore IP'er I had taken some bars and packets. So down another 1.8 this week another step closer to goal. I have to head back out of town this week for work but I will be in control of what I eat. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #9  
On IP since 04/29/12

S/C/G: 228/187/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
I'm really hoping today is more successful, and then on Monday I'm taking what's left down to Salvation Army and just donating it all. Next week I get to do my container garden with the money I make from the sale...hooray!
You're almost there. Let us know how successful you were :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Well the lawn needs mowing . I'm taking the kids to see the new Madagascar movie after we go to the pool. I'm pretty sure Im going to want a nap after that!
Sounds like a great plan ;-)

WI 6 for me this morning. Was TOM this week...don't really know what to expect but I feel good. I was able to complete an hour strenght workout this week...huge NSV :-) My goal being to get fit while losing weight...I'm kind of satisfied ;-)

Super sunny day in Montreal, Francofolies festival just started with lots of interesting concerts to enjoy...it will be a great week-end. On top of that...we keep packing, moving in less than a month, yay!!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #10  

Location: Washington DC - or wheverever American Airlines is taking me at the moment!

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie68 View Post
IP protocol says to not eat after 7 pm (or is it 8 pm?) but many threads talk about the benefit of having protein before bed. Which is it? I like saving a bar and having it with some herbal tea before bed but that is late in the evening.
I'm not sure where in the protocol it says that -- I've never seen it. In fact, my coach encourages you to have your last packet before bed so I typically do so around 10.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #11  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

I'm lurking to avoid setting up my garage sale I think...LoL oops? And I need to bust out the SPF 50 so I can get serious about avoiding my burn today. Being fair skin can kind of be like having a severe allergy to the sun, that ends up lasting a week of pain and peeling, so I try to minimize my risk. I have sun spots from when I changed my brakes on my car a few years ago still, and I have to get them checked regularly to make sure they aren't turning into melanoma. I'm 27, I shouldn't have to worry about melanoma! So normally I avoid the sun at all costs, and I tan from a bottle when absolutely necessary (see wearing dresses/skirts).

Well I guess I should stop delaying the inevitable...*sigh* at least I was back down in weight today, down to 174.4 again so holding my 20 pound weight loss (indicating I get my next charm on Monday ) and I only wish now that I could find a hair tie...oh well, off i go!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #12  
start date 6/8/12

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5'6"

Yesterday was my first day OP. I've been reading all of your posts for a few weeks and decided to eat something every 3 hours or so, kept the hunger at bay. My coach suggested I drink "as much water as I could", I drank 140 oz!!!! I usually weigh myself at least once a day, sometimes more, especially when I'm dieting. I'm gonna try not to do this, BUT, I had to this morning---down 2.8#! What a motivator that is!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #13  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Good morning!

Just thought I'd wish everyone a great day before I go to sleep (working night shift this weekend). It is amazing how many people know about this program. I get offered candy, chips, chocolate and other goodies at work and since I refuse everything every time, they started looking at me funny. They even mention how I "melted" like crazy. So I just said I was "on a diet", to avoid having to explain everything for an hour. Most of them ask which diet, and when I mention IP a whole bunch of them said they have done it before and lost weight, and many have friends or family that have done it! Holy cow, it's pretty impressive how amazing this program is! It is great to know that I have people to talk to that know exactly what I go through, and they even shared some tips. They all loved IP!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #14  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

I think this is going to be the week for me that I get sad and depressed because I didn't lose anything. So far the scale has not moved (I know I should stay off it but I do a mid point check and usually it is down at least 1 lb). Maybe I am PMSing (if I do start a normal cycle then that would be true) but I am not retaining any water, my BM's have been normal and I have been 100% OP. Maybe it is my change in schedule, who knows. I just want it to be at least a 1/2 loss so I will be under 200lbs.

Today is going to be hard for me and DH. It is our anniversary! 11 years already...WOW!! We have gone to Carrabba's every year. This will be a first we don't go. I know they have some food that we can eat, but what is the point if I can't have my "special" meal! We will go for my birthday I guess!!

This we are going to go spend the day at CMA fest downtown! That will be a good time, always is!

Have a good weekend ya'll!!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

KMC - The scale fairy likes to play tricks on you before you can enter onederland! I know it took me forever to finally get there! But hang tight, she can't mess with you forever and onederland is worth it!

I am off to the farmers market today! Looks like nice weather so should be a good day.

Everyone stay 100% OP and have a great weekend!
Closed Thread