Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 174.8/170.4/130

Height: 5'3

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Beautiful but windy day here. I woke up this morning with a "charlie horse" type cramp in the lower leg; this used to happen alot when I was avidly running- but I have not been doing much for exercise since on IP so I am not sure what that was all about. Feels fine now.

I hope everyone's day is great- plan to get some dreaded housework done today....I hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Old 06-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #122  
Pacific Northwest Loser

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

IP protocol says to not eat after 7 pm (or is it 8 pm?) but many threads talk about the benefit of having protein before bed. Which is it? I like saving a bar and having it with some herbal tea before bed but that is late in the evening.

I hope you guys have a great OP day!
Julie[/QUOTE]

Hi Julie,

I eat a bar with water every night around 10 or 10:30 before going to bed. The nights I thought I'd skip the bar, I didn't lose weight so I wouldn't agonize too much. I feel like I'm rocking!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 156/138.8/135

Height: 5'4"

First I have to say that I love coming here and reading all of the posts! So inspirational and motivational! You are all doing so awesome!

I thought, for the last 6 weeks, that only the chocolate and orange pancakes were restricted......brain fart there.... so about 3-4 days a week I've been having TWO restricted items! I decided because I've been having slow losses that I would cut out the restricted items, or at least limit them to a couple a week, so I reviewed the list.....I'm dumb. Lol. And here I thought I had been 100% OP since day 1!!!! I'm surprised my coach didn't catch that. Oh well.....I discovered an awesome way to make my chocolate pudding that makes it so frothy and yummy.......it tastes like it should be restricted!

And Rob....cheers to LA in 6!!!!!! Woot!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #124  
Pacific Northwest Loser

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
That is wonderful news. Congratulations.

I miss things like Cheerios and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I am not missing things like chips too much. I think I get my fixes enough with my BBQ Ridges and Cheese Curls. The Pure Protein Bars I get at Wally World satisfy my desire for candy. I am smuggling one into the movies at in about an hour. That will bee a good afternoon snack and be a fun treat at the movies.

http://www.pureprotein.net/pages/pro...spx?sku=013801
Sounds like those might be great to keep in the car. I ran out of here just before lunch yesterday not even thinking. I had meant to grab the mango smoothie just in case and forgot and then sure enough, tummy started growling around 1 or so. Thank goodness I was back home by 2:30 and managed not to eat anything on the road.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #125  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

o my goodness... Im in the 170"S ...it has been forever probably 18 years..crazy..going shopping today wonder wha size i am??
Old 06-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Default Ketosis question

Morning everyone - I have a question, I have been 100% OP but did go to a Chinese cafe and have some vegetables and tofu on Friday. I checked with my ketostix and was showing no ketones on Friday afternoon and yesterday morning, then it showed a small amount, then back to nothing last night and today. I don't usually use the ketostix on a regular basis, but I'm worried that there might have been something in the vegetables that might have knocked me out of ketosis....any advice or answers?
Old 06-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #127  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Diana B - from what I understand it takes a bit more than that to knock you out of ketosis. It's possible if the chinese was in your system at the time your urine was produced it had some sugar available to it ?
Old 06-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #128  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Grrrrrrrrr

So today has been weird. DH was awesome this morning, but my day was SQUASHED (after I stated I'd work on my recipe book and was happily doing so) when I checked my bank account and found out our ENTIRE TRIP to Sturgis was withdrawn this weekend. We aren't even GOING until August 6th. It was over $600 that I had planned on using a payment next month (mom owes us money) to pay for in August. They didn't even NOTIFY anybody.

So with that boiling in my blood I called and found out the GM of the hotel made a last minute decision, while she was out of town this week, to withdraw all money from anyone staying the week of Sturgis. She is out of town until Wednesday. They offered for me to leave a message, which I don't really expect a response to, but I left one anyways, informing her that I now couldn't make my mortgage payment the day I wanted to. GRRRRR again!
Old 06-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #129  

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Mio

I just posted this in another thread, but thought it would work well in this thread.
I just checked for the ingredients in MIO and found this:

Here is the ingredient list:

Water, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Malic Acid, Contains Less than 2% of Natural Flavor, Sucralose and Acesulfame Potassium (Sweeteners), Potassium Citrate, Red 40, Blue 1, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).

What are you getting here? Propylene Glycol is a clear and slightly bitter liquid that is used to prevent discoloration of foods during storage. It has been shown to cause various diseases in animal studies when consumed in large quantities.

Acesulfame Potassium is a fake sweetener that is potentially carcinogenic.

“Natural Flavor” with fake colors to cause you to imagine the berries depicted on the package. Unfortunately those artificial colors may cause cancer and hyperactivity too.

Last but not least, potassium sorbate is a mold inhibitor* – it allows this product to sit on a shelf for months.

So, Mio is a gobbledegook of chemicals designed to entice consumers, but mostly to increase Kraft profits.

Read the whole article here:
http://blog.fooducate.com/2011/04/11...ng-real-in-it/

I'll stick to plain water thanks
Old 06-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Diana B - from what I understand it takes a bit more than that to knock you out of ketosis. It's possible if the chinese was in your system at the time your urine was produced it had some sugar available to it ?
Thanks for the answer, I continue to be 100% but got a bit worried, I continue to be 100% though, already 50 lbs. down and working on another almost 50
Old 06-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Good Morning IP ers!
Up and doing nothing but reading your posts. Something I wanted to share or really kind of ask about...is it rude not to take commumion? I haven't been cause it's not OP and I get weird looks, do you think God minds? I doubt it; I am sure he wants me to be healthy!! LOL
Love you all have a great day!! God Bless!
Most people of religions that have communion take it. It has a minimal amount of carbs etc and the spiritual advantage of taking it far outweighs the tiny amount of non OP ingredients you get.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 06-10-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #132  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Well, a super disappointing WI. 1.25 lost. Horrible stressful week, stayed OP.....anyway, I will hang tight, or loose.
ahhh dont be disappointed you still lost even with a stressful week..when im stressed i eat bad food.. so supper proud of you !!
Old 06-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post
I hope so brother.

Our DHS buddy from Williston might bring his boat out to meet us.
Are you guys really brothers or "just" Vermont brothers.
I am originally from Nova Scotia so have a special affection for New England. Definately need to convince hubby we need to visit Vermont in the fall when we retire in a year or so.

Pat
Old 06-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 188/172/130

Height: 5'4

Happy Sunday everyone! A couple of fly by posts as I need to get going on my Math homework and I'm definately avoiding it. Not sure I fully anticipated what going back to school after 30 was going to mean. I'm so stinkin' tired! But definately a lot more dedicated than I was at 20.

I was so excited this morning when I stepped on the scale and realized I was down just over 16 pounds in 18 days!!!!!!! Holy Crap! I can't wait to look back on this all as a fond memory while I'l lazin' around in skinny jeans.

Happy OP day everyone!
Old 06-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Greetings I peeps! It is sunny and beautiful here....stuck inside doing report cards: (

Great WI 8 today...down a shopping 5 lbs! YAY!
33 lbs in 8 weeks, and a little more than half way to goal.
Seriously, it feels like I just started.....
I love my new life and the new me. I never could have done it without all of my buddies here!!!
Thank you and blessings to all!
Julie
Closed Thread