Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 01:01 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopes89 View Post
I need an ideal protein expert help! I am currently on my 7th week of IP and has lost a total of 26 lbs! I could not be any happier with how I am doing! Next weekend the (10th) is my birthday. My family really wants to throw me a little party with cake ugh! It's my birthday !! Someone mentioned maybe a strawberry shortcake with whip cream and angel food cake?

What are you thoughts? Can I have just a small sliver of cake? What will happe will I gain? Stop losing ?

Any thoughts would be great!!
YOU have to ultimately make this decision.. YOU started IP so that YOU could look better, feel better, and be better. YOU have said "no" to everything that you wanted and were tempted with for 7 weeks. That's a huge accomplishment. You can still have a happy birthday without strawberry shortcake. Let them eat it. Make yourself 3 chocolate cupcakes out of the chocolate drink like I did for my bday back in February. Drizzle some walden farms caramel on it, if you have some. Seriously, you are working so hard and some shortcake can really mess ya up. It's hard to say exactly what will happen because everyone reacts to cheats differently. Even if you didn't gain, you would think that a little nibble here and there is ok--- it's not we have to practice SELF-control. That's a big part of this diet too. Not just the physical, but the mentality of what we are doing and regaining control. You've got this. Congrats on the weight loss so far--- keep going. You'll be so happy that you did. Five minutes of eating cake is going to give you days of guilt-- you'll have to go back into ketosis, so that's days of expenses that's you doubled up on. Let's say it takes you a week to start losing again, that piece of cake just cost you $84!!
Old 06-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #152  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Lopes89-

You didn't start IP to cheat!!! Don't give in. I had a birthday after being on IP for a month and had a nice Steak and roasted cauliflower. That 1 cheat could turn into days or worse. DON'T DO IT!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 01:42 AM   #153  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
i've NEVER heard of this. --my clinic is one of the strictest in the region... --(paraphrasing from the regional director) Some nights, i'll have 2 whole eggs and one egg white scrambled, and a small piece of turkey burger "sausage" as my dinner. i put spinach and green pepper in my eggs for my veggies. I miss breakfast for dinner sometimes.. it's no french toast and bacon, but that'll do. I say fried eggs are just fine.. i can't even think of a logical reason of why they WOULDN'T be.
Oh my, that sounds YUMMY Should make things a little easier for me, I love scrambled and fried eggs and I was a sad panda when I got told I could only boil them. Thank you!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:49 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

There are a few folks who are asking about cravings and what to do about them. I have found that my cravings are definitely a mental affliction.
I decided to be proactive about them, I try to re-create what I am craving. For instance I wanted some sushi so I made a fake version. Even if it doesn't taste like the real thing somehow the mental craving goes away. If you are having a bread craving try and use the cheese and herb omelet into a 'loaf' of bread. I'm pretty sure we have the recipe in the stickies. If you want cake make yourself some cupcakes or pancakes with the rice cereal. If you want ice cream make some with an IP drink or pudding.
Good luck, I know they aren't any fun!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #155  
On IP since 04/29/12

S/C/G: 228/187/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Morning All.
WI was great yesterday I lost 8 lbs and 3 inches. When she told me that was a total of 30 lbs in 6 wks I jumped up and down literally.
WOW! That is amazing. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Potato pancake
Packet of potato puree
cup of cauliflower, grated
2 diced green onions
1/2 t oil
2 beaten egg whites
1/2 t baking powder
I'll definitely give it a try ;-)

Quote:
So, i'm very curious if anyone else has seen a correlation like that? Plus, i'm just wondering what others are eating and food prep so that maybe i can do something different
Variety is key for me, in a week, I try to have a meal of each from fish/seafood - chicken - eggs - pork and beef. At first I didn't want to have beef and I realized my body needed it. So I now have it once a week. I also even had duck one time and it was a very good week. I try to have one "fattier" meat a week and it seems to help me in the process (mind you it's only been 5 weeks though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
I got all my food, starter pack, etc. in the mail yesterday. Tomorrow I'll be making my weekly menu and buying veggies! I'm very excited to start, I feel so gross. I am nervous about the first few days. I already warned my co-workers I might be a little edgy!!!

I love reading everyone's successes, it is very motivating to me!!!
Way to go! Welcome aboard ;-)

Quote:
i'm pretty chatty today, i guess...but since i'm on here... For those of you who are on alternatives-- a friend of mine is about to start the protocol but can't afford the start up fee and monthly expenses for IP products. I told her there were alternatives out there. I know of the EAS shakes and i know there are IP bars on nashua, but are there any other products that you all can tell me about that you know are "IP approved?" I tried to do a little research for her but i know by how much time i've already spent looking at ingredients and nutritional information that i just don't have enough time in the day to make her a grocery list... so if you guys can tell me some brand/types of food that i could pass on, that'd be a HUGE help!! thanks!
I use both alternatives and IP and there are alot of interesting products. I buy my shakes at Costco and other products on Nashua. There is an interesting post on Alternative products reviews here that might help you. I order concentrated juice (perfect prior to working out) - bars - cereals - chili - oatmeal (protidiet is not restricted...which is good for me )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
DH are sweet like that aren't they? Mine offered lingere...somehow I don't see how that's more for me than it is for HIS appreciation of my changes...but...ok...when they're supportive like yours is too that's just awesome Does he ever ask "Is that allowed?"
DH did the a similar program prior to me joining IP...he is really supportive and knows exactly how I feel so that really helps me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Just checking in. Have had a good day. I'm 1/3 of the way to goal. 100#'s is my next goal. I want it by July 1st!
Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post

Nausea can happen for a while. Is it possible you're constipated? That could do it - but the literature I got listed nausea as a side affect. Our bodies are adjusting to low carb. I noticed it after the shakes too, because I didn't particularly care for them and could taste the protein. I use water out of the fridge to mix and pour it over them over ice and I LOVE them now. My friend that is on the diet - had nausea for about 2 weeks. She needed to increase the sea salt in her diet and that seemed to help her.
I do experience nausea sometimes, I noticed it more when I eat a bar or a wafers in the morning...might be too sweet to start the day with it...It helps me to increase my salt intake + add a little ginger + lemon in my water.

Quote:
So a few NSVs to share. Tonight after I picked the youngest up from daycare I realized I left the dogs medicine at work, 1/2 hour away. So I called a Co worker who agreed to meet me with it on his way home but I had half an hour to kill and 3 hungry rug rats! So we made our 1st buger king visit in 9 weeks. The kids were excited. I got a grilled chicken salad w/o dressing it was OK. I had no desire for a whopper meal. I did eye the fries a little. We did not eat in the truck but ate at the park and ride on the tailgate a d waited for my buddy. It was fun.

I picked the two oldest up at school and had to park pretty far away. The walk was actually fun and I was not winded. That was huge for me.
Seeing the numbers go down surely is motivating but the NSV are as important if not more. I was super happy yesterday, I was able to climb the stairs of the subway instead of taking the escalator...felt GREAT!! Way to go USMCVET!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #156  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I eat eggs but use EVOO not butter in the pan, I don't have them all the time but it is also an option for eating out I have used a few times.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #157  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aud007 View Post
WOW! That is amazing. Congrats!

I'll definitely give it a try ;-)

Variety is key for me, in a week, I try to have a meal of each from fish/seafood - chicken - eggs - pork and beef. At first I didn't want to have beef and I realized my body needed it. So I now have it once a week. I also even had duck one time and it was a very good week. I try to have one "fattier" meat a week and it seems to help me in the process (mind you it's only been 5 weeks though)

Way to go! Welcome aboard ;-)

I use both alternatives and IP and there are alot of interesting products. I buy my shakes at Costco and other products on Nashua. There is an interesting post on Alternative products reviews here that might help you. I order concentrated juice (perfect prior to working out) - bars - cereals - chili - oatmeal (protidiet is not restricted...which is good for me )

DH did the a similar program prior to me joining IP...he is really supportive and knows exactly how I feel so that really helps me.

Amazing!

I do experience nausea sometimes, I noticed it more when I eat a bar or a wafers in the morning...might be too sweet to start the day with it...It helps me to increase my salt intake + add a little ginger + lemon in my water.

Seeing the numbers go down surely is motivating but the NSV are as important if not more. I was super happy yesterday, I was able to climb the stairs of the subway instead of taking the escalator...felt GREAT!! Way to go USMCVET!
Have you seen Kung Fu Panda? "stairs, my former enemy" that's pretty close to a quote from Panda Po.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:05 AM   #158  
On IP since 04/29/12

S/C/G: 228/187/135

Quote:
Have you seen Kung Fu Panda? "stairs, my former enemy" that's pretty close to a quote from Panda Po.
You are so right, I hadn't thought of that one...it was one of my son's favorite movies!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 270/264/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
YOU have to ultimately make this decision.. YOU started IP so that YOU could look better, feel better, and be better. YOU have said "no" to everything that you wanted and were tempted with for 7 weeks. That's a huge accomplishment. You can still have a happy birthday without strawberry shortcake. Let them eat it. Make yourself 3 chocolate cupcakes out of the chocolate drink like I did for my bday back in February. Drizzle some walden farms caramel on it, if you have some. Seriously, you are working so hard and some shortcake can really mess ya up. It's hard to say exactly what will happen because everyone reacts to cheats differently. Even if you didn't gain, you would think that a little nibble here and there is ok--- it's not we have to practice SELF-control. That's a big part of this diet too. Not just the physical, but the mentality of what we are doing and regaining control. You've got this. Congrats on the weight loss so far--- keep going. You'll be so happy that you did. Five minutes of eating cake is going to give you days of guilt-- you'll have to go back into ketosis, so that's days of expenses that's you doubled up on. Let's say it takes you a week to start losing again, that piece of cake just cost you $84!!

Thank you!!
Old 06-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 338/314/250

Height: 6ft

Aud007 -

What shakes do you get at Costco? I had purchased some EAS at walmart for some "extra" shakes, but didn't think they sold them at Costco.

thanks,
JP
Closed Thread