Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #31  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Morning All.
Looks like it will be another gloomy day but Im smiling so my sun is surely bright enough for sunglasses.

WI was great yesterday I lost 8 lbs and 3 inches. When she told me that was a total of 30 lbs in 6 wks I jumped up and down literally. She was like your doing great whatever you did keep doing it. I told her the estrogen had me talking to myself and having me going through a mid life crisis when Im not even close to that point in life. She just laughed and I laughed with her. She was like keep the conversation with yourself going you are doing great. It sure is an amazing feeling.

Congrats on all the WI's and keep it 100% OP. Have a great day.
That's fantastic!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I try and mix it up. Tonight we're having beef meatballs.
Just a thought. The other thing I've noticed is that when I have super hungry days, I tend to have a big weight loss that week. I hope that happens for you.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

I also feel like during the week I have the lowest losses. I lose most my weight during the weekends and when I have off work and am at home relaxing. Maybe less stress? Less movement? I dk.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by momat40 View Post
Congrats on that amazing WI!!! Keep smiling through your posts
Thanks momat. Even on the moody days I try to smile cause someone is always watching. Hope you enjoy your day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
That's fantastic!!!!!!!

Just a thought. The other thing I've noticed is that when I have super hungry days, I tend to have a big weight loss that week. I hope that happens for you.
Thanks Sewingmomma.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #34  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Good Morning All.
Looks like it will be another gloomy day but Im smiling so my sun is surely bright enough for sunglasses.

WI was great yesterday I lost 8 lbs and 3 inches. When she told me that was a total of 30 lbs in 6 wks I jumped up and down literally. She was like your doing great whatever you did keep doing it. I told her the estrogen had me talking to myself and having me going through a mid life crisis when Im not even close to that point in life. She just laughed and I laughed with her. She was like keep the conversation with yourself going you are doing great. It sure is an amazing feeling.

Congrats on all the WI's and keep it 100% OP. Have a great day.
OMG, that is wonderful an 8 lb loss you go girl
Old 06-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin532 View Post
Looking forward to the start of week #3 for me. Going for 100% OP. It's so exciting getting all the tips & recipes from this group. The 3rd day OP I was ready to give up thinking I could NOT do this. Now it seems almost easy! Happy Friday!
Robin I felt the same way when I first started in January. Yesterday was week 20 and I feel wonderful . Nancy
Old 06-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Default Happy Friday!

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all are having a good day so far. I'm having a "skinny" day. I still weigh the same as i did the past few days, but i feel lighter... you all know what i mean .

After reading the posts from this morning, i got curious to what types of protein you all are eating most of the time and how you're preparing it... Have you noticed that certain proteins give you a better loss for the week? For example, i remember months ago, someone on here said that they were only eating the leanest protein they could find. Things like chicken, turkey, eggs (rarely steak, beef and all of those...) Then, when she DID eat the somewhat denser, fattier proteins, she saw a bigger loss that week! I thought that was interesting. So, i'm very curious if anyone else has seen a correlation like that? Plus, i'm just wondering what others are eating and food prep so that maybe i can do something different I WISH i liked seafood, i want to like it SO bad. It's so easy to cook and looks good most of the time, but i really can't stand the taste. So my dinner protein usually consists chicken, turkey burger, or tofu. I usually have lean ground beef (93/7) once a week. i have steak sometimes...maybe like once a month. what about you all?
Old 06-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #37  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Have my WI#13 today @1pm - after skipping last weeks I never thought I'd be looking forward to stepping on a scale so bad! I feel like I hit a little slowdown recently, but we'll see what the scale says. My sons daycare is closed today, so I just popped into work for an hour or 2 to finish up some data runs, then I'm heading back home to relieve hubby. This means I get to take him to the park since it's early and cool! Off to home IPeeps - have a great Friday!!!! I'll report my WI later, thick or thin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Woke up refreshed today to a beautiful morning. I will be helping my niece do some last minute wedding prep since the wedding is next Friday.
Well, with an awesome party planning aunt I am sure your niece will have a fabulous wedding! Congratulations! Weddings are so much fun, just came back from my brother-in-laws and had a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin532 View Post
Looking forward to the start of week #3 for me. Going for 100% OP. It's so exciting getting all the tips & recipes from this group. The 3rd day OP I was ready to give up thinking I could NOT do this. Now it seems almost easy! Happy Friday!
Yeah, this definitely gets easier as the weeks pass. I'll admit a few times there are some 'weaker days', but each time you flex the willpower muscle it just gets stronger & stronger. Honestly, can't believe I am going for WI#13 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
I was also told not to exercise...my chiropractor/coach is a good friend so I think I might be the guinea pig to see how someone who does not exercise does vs someone who does (starting on week 3).
I have continued walking 2-2.5mi ~3-5x/week (a non-negotiable exercise as it's taking my son to the park to play) at a VERY leisure pace throughout IP without adding a packet. I had been doing a Bodypump weightlifting class (off & on for years, restarted last Nov) that I quit at the start of IP. I restarted it after week 8 and really needed the extra packet as I was starving. My coach in general though recommends no exercise the first 4 weeks, and ESPECIALLY no exercise the first 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Yesterday I was discouraged because I have soy and peanut allergies. Over 40 of the 60 IP products are off limits. Sigh. Today, my perspective is better. Who needs variety when you are going to get thin. Right?
What are the IP products you are allowed (and that you like)? I am sure as a group we can compile a list of yummy recipes that can see you through infinity and beyond! I find I pretty much stick to the same products anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Also, thank you to the 2 of you that suggested writing out the menu for the week, buying IP food according to that menu, and how to then organize the packets accordingly for the week. I think this will really help this week. Think part of my problem with pre-planning the first week was trying to accomodate my VIPs meals too. Neither of us wants to fix 2 different meals, but decided if he doesn't want what I'm having, he will fix his own. So far he's just added his starch or fruit to whats already prepared.
Oh, thank you to those that have talked about the EAS shakes. I'm going to look for them at Walmart after work today. Knew this would be an expensive diet, but the reality of it (lean meats, WF, fuel to get to app'ts, time away from work) is a bit overwhelming at this point. It will be worth it, but ouch! LOL.
Planning out the menu is so critical for my continued IP plan, and that's a great compromise on the VIP meals. My husband enjoys healthy meals, so I always fix my IP meals and throw in an extra carb for him (quinoa, cous cous, etc - something quick & easy). And for the RTDs, I have had the IP, EAS, Muscle Milk Light, and Pure Protein. I prefer the IP and EAS over the others - I am officially switching over to EAS after I run out of these Pure Proteins (which I bought due to a screaming double-couponing deal), I had done IP RTDs before, but I am needing to save some cash where I can for my new wardrobe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Yesterday I had posted about having a HORRIBLE eating day where I was just constantly hungry and ate WAY too many IP products.

Well, this morning, as usual, I stepped on the scale and noticed I lost almost 3% body fat.

So now I'm thinking maybe my body was just in SUPER body fat guzzling mode, which was trying to trick me?? HMMM!!

So my question: If this happens again, is it better to go for the extra veg or continue with the extra IP (this is assuming I've gone OVER 4 IP that day). I know I could have salad, but I'm talking something like zucchini.
I had the same hungries yesterday! Personally, I just went with some more veggies (my zucchini chip snack), but I'll ask my coach today if an extra IP would be more appropriate. Hoping I get a whoosh today as it's WI @ 1pm!!!

Quote:
I missed your beautiful smile prettyone! Congrats on the WI, that is a super rockstar showing!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Liz-Best wishes for an amazing weigh in! You are doing great.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #39  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh Day 4 is here. The headache is gone thank God. Now I am into spazzy muscles. I took an extra potassium this morning to help with that.

Does anyone else weigh themselves every morning. I do just to see some sence of progress. But I don't want to set myself up for a mental faliure as I know the official WI will be less than my morning scale. Maybe I should set my weigh ins for the morning time to help some with that. ...... hmmm
Old 06-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #40  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Good Morning! TGIF
Sounds like a raining day for quite a few. It is actually a pretty morning here in WY. I will take anything as long as it is not WYO WINDY! NSV this morning, I can't wear any of my 14 without belts now! Does anyone have any ideas on how to adjust bras to fit better? I really do not want to purchase a new bra until I absolutely have to.

Holly

Holly,

Where is Wyo are you from??? I am from Upton. I work for Foss Toyota in Casper and fly there once a month to close the financials. He lets me work from home Most of the time. I found some nice bali bras at sams club. They come in a 2 pack and are pretty cheap. I couldn't wait any longer to get new ones.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #41  
Started IP 3/26/12

Good morning to everyone.

Congrats on the various WIs noted above, and good luck to those who have one coming up later today.

Woke up to a much colder dreary, rainy day here in central Ontario, Canada... what a change from this past hot, humid Tuesday. I think I'm going to need to turn my heat back on today... it's downright chilly.

I had an alternate product cappuchino shake mixed in with my morning decaf black coffee today - that seemed to fit today's cool, rainy morning. Definitely wanted something hot today. I think a blueberry pancake made as a waffle is on the menu for lunch, along with some freshly stewed rhubarb (so it's warm as well). I'll have some celery & cucumbers as a snack later in the pm, with some WF blue cheese dip. I have a sirloin steak defrosted, and must remember to get in in a marinade asap now - that's tonight dinner, with broccoli and probably another cup of stewed rhubarb.

I tend to mix up my evening protein meal through the week... generally 1 night of steak, a couple of nights of chicken breast or thighs, a couple of nights of tilapia or sole fillets, generally one night of eggs (omelette - 2 eggs + 2 egg whites), generally one night of a grilled ground beef or chicken or turkey patty. If I have shrimp, it's generally using just part of the evening 'meat allowance' and I still have the remaining oz of whatever meat I have around for that evening...ie 3 oz shrimp starter with WF catsup + some horseradish mixed in, then 5 oz of chicken/steak/roast beef, etc. I like the variety of mixing it up - helps me to not be bored with things.

I have been noticing a bit more leg pain since Wednesday ... I ended up chopping up an extra potassium tablet yesterday and taking just 1/2 of a second one at lunchtime. That seemed to help... I think I'll be extra watchful of my potassium intake over the next few days. That's one thing I like about inputting my daily menus into fatsecret.com - I can check my sodium and potassium intake/day. I recall noting earlier in the program that my potassium intake for a few days was quite (surprisingly to me) high... I'm going to look back and recall what foods I ate on those days, and incorporate some higher potassium ones more again. Since tomorrow's grocery shopping day, this is a good time to do that and get more potassium in naturally through those foods.

Guess that's all for now - everyone stay strong and OP. Have a great day! I hope that Whoosh Fairy whooshes around to all who need her today!!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #42  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Sounds like rain a lot of places this morning. I like a little rain, and we need it here. I am hoping it rains a lot today and not this weekend. I have my week 14 WI this morning. I will report back in a little bit.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #43  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Good Morning!
Lost the 3 lbs I had gained back! Yeee Haw! Busy day as my nephew graduates today and my son from college tomarrow!
Here's believing that we are worth it and we must love ourselves!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
OMG, that is wonderful an 8 lb loss you go girl
Thanks Shathom. Im trying Im trying. Hope you are enjoying your day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Have my WI#13 today @1pm - after skipping last weeks I never thought I'd be looking forward to stepping on a scale so bad! I feel like I hit a little slowdown recently, but we'll see what the scale says. My sons daycare is closed today, so I just popped into work for an hour or 2 to finish up some data runs, then I'm heading back home to relieve hubby. This means I get to take him to the park since it's early and cool! Off to home IPeeps - have a great Friday!!!! I'll report my WI later, thick or thin....

I missed your beautiful smile prettyone! Congrats on the WI, that is a super rockstar showing!
Thanks Liz I've missed you as well. And thanks for the tip about the spinach in the shakes that has helped my "C" that suddenly appeared. But Im always around somewhere Good Luck on your WI Im sure you will do great!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Starting in 2 days!

I got all my food, starter pack, etc. in the mail yesterday. Tomorrow I'll be making my weekly menu and buying veggies! I'm very excited to start, I feel so gross. I am nervous about the first few days. I already warned my co-workers I might be a little edgy!!!

I love reading everyone's successes, it is very motivating to me!!!
Closed Thread