Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

WI# 19 yesterday was only a 1.2lb loss but it’s better than a zero. Lost 2 inches so I’m still shrinking anyway>

My coach wants to add another protein packet to see if we can get the scale moving again. It worked last time we did it and I probably should have kept it until I got to a lower weight before we took it out.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #47  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Oh Day 4 is here. The headache is gone thank God. Now I am into spazzy muscles. I took an extra potassium this morning to help with that.

Does anyone else weigh themselves every morning. I do just to see some sence of progress. But I don't want to set myself up for a mental faliure as I know the official WI will be less than my morning scale. Maybe I should set my weigh ins for the morning time to help some with that. ...... hmmm
Hi!! I used to weigh myself EVERY morning, but after the 1st week the fluctuations would just drive me crazy & RUIN my day!!! Sooooooo, I had my husband hide the scale & now I only weigh myself @ my weekly WI

I am starting week #3 & LOVE IT

Good luck!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #48  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
I got all my food, starter pack, etc. in the mail yesterday. Tomorrow I'll be making my weekly menu and buying veggies! I'm very excited to start, I feel so gross. I am nervous about the first few days. I already warned my co-workers I might be a little edgy!!!

I love reading everyone's successes, it is very motivating to me!!!
Good Luck!!! I am starting week #3 & LOVE it
Old 06-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #49  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Happy Friday, everyone!

Right now I'm feeling so content with this diet that I find I don't even need too weigh or go to myclinic. All I know is....my clothes are falling off!
Here is one of my new favorite IP meals:

Potato pancake
Packet of potato puree
cup of cauliflower, grated
2 diced green onions
1/2 t oil
2 beaten egg whites
1/2 t baking powder

Beat the eggs, add baking powder a nd oil and beat in well. Fold in the potato .puree. Then gently stir in the cauliflower and onions. Spray a frying pan with Pam and make a patty (I used my hands). Place the patty in the pan and let it brown up and warm through. I find it really didn't take very long. This is so good. Num!
This looks so yummy!!! I'll have to get this packet next time and try it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all are having a good day so far. I'm having a "skinny" day. I still weigh the same as i did the past few days, but i feel lighter... you all know what i mean .

After reading the posts from this morning, i got curious to what types of protein you all are eating most of the time and how you're preparing it... Have you noticed that certain proteins give you a better loss for the week? For example, i remember months ago, someone on here said that they were only eating the leanest protein they could find. Things like chicken, turkey, eggs (rarely steak, beef and all of those...) Then, when she DID eat the somewhat denser, fattier proteins, she saw a bigger loss that week! I thought that was interesting. So, i'm very curious if anyone else has seen a correlation like that? Plus, i'm just wondering what others are eating and food prep so that maybe i can do something different I WISH i liked seafood, i want to like it SO bad. It's so easy to cook and looks good most of the time, but i really can't stand the taste. So my dinner protein usually consists chicken, turkey burger, or tofu. I usually have lean ground beef (93/7) once a week. i have steak sometimes...maybe like once a month. what about you all?
I only have steak once in a blue moon. I LOVE Shrimp and Turkey burgers are soooo good! Especially with curry powder and other seasonings. I switch it up though as well every night.

Well, I went to workout this am at my second job. Decided that on days that I work out it may be best to eat a restricted food before I work out so that I can burn through those carbs ad have more energy. Thoughts?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 335HW/see ticker/195

Height: 5'9''

I am on my second day back on IP and I have a crazy throbbing headache. I don't remember it being so bad the first time i did it... weird. Maybe all the weightloss made me forget the bad stuff !
Old 06-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #51  
IP started 5.31.12

S/C/G: 220/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
I got all my food, starter pack, etc. in the mail yesterday. Tomorrow I'll be making my weekly menu and buying veggies! I'm very excited to start, I feel so gross. I am nervous about the first few days. I already warned my co-workers I might be a little edgy!!!

I love reading everyone's successes, it is very motivating to me!!!
julied looks like you and i are starting around the same time and the same weight. although I am a little shorter. Good luck - come on here often as so far I have found a lot of great advice

Today is day 2 for me. Yesterday went amazingly well! I did find it hard to eat the 8oz of protein at night so I might have to modify that. i dont want to do anything until i have my WI next Wednesday. I have a slight headache this morning but nothing crazy.

My oldest son has his Kindergarten graduation today so i hope the rain holds off for a little bit. My middle son is home sick today so I was able to work from home, take him to the docs and then come back and do a few more things before heading out today.

Hope all is going well with everyone! Sending good vibes to all those that have to weigh in today!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Morning All.
Looks like it will be another gloomy day but Im smiling so my sun is surely bright enough for sunglasses.

WI was great yesterday I lost 8 lbs and 3 inches. When she told me that was a total of 30 lbs in 6 wks I jumped up and down literally. She was like your doing great whatever you did keep doing it. I told her the estrogen had me talking to myself and having me going through a mid life crisis when Im not even close to that point in life. She just laughed and I laughed with her. She was like keep the conversation with yourself going you are doing great. It sure is an amazing feeling.

Congrats on all the WI's and keep it 100% OP. Have a great day.
You are doing soooo well!! Absolutely kicking butt!!! I am very happy for your loss!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post
Happy Friday! I am having hair loss also (like Rissimo and others have mentioned). Also taking biotin and collagen and wish I had started sooner.

Hgamroth - to adjust your band size, you can tack each bra under the arms...it works as a temporary measure while you are losing!

I have a new avatar (taken on Weds. with a friends cell phone after she colored my hair)...amazing how much my face has changed since January.

Also, when I put on the shirt in the photo I saw *gasp* COLLARBONES! Haven't seen them in a while!

Let's hear it for the SVs & NSVs.

Have a beautiful day!

-Amy
Love seeing your picture! Your hair looks great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
I also feel like during the week I have the lowest losses. I lose most my weight during the weekends and when I have off work and am at home relaxing. Maybe less stress? Less movement? I dk.
I seem to lose more during the week; not as close to food as at home. You are doing great!!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Shathom: woosh fairy to the rescue
Thanks a million!!! Great day to you all!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/150

Good morning everyone and TGIF! Looks like most folks have rain, I'm sitting here with lots of clouds, but the drops haven't come down yet.

Had WI #4 just now... lost 3.5 more pounds and 2 more inches! That's now a total of 16 pounds in my first 4 weeks! And it's TOM so I know I'm bloated too. Can't wait for next week's WI to see even more loss.

Congrats to all the folks with great WIs today and keep up the good work through the weekend!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

LizRR-
Thanks! I can have the vanilla, chocolate, capicino,pina colada and orange drinks, potato puree, salt and vinegar ridges and cheese ridges.
No bars, not most puddings or meals( like chili).
I am going to pick up a collegan drink tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post
This looks so yummy!!! I'll have to get this packet next time and try it!!

I only have steak once in a blue moon. I LOVE Shrimp and Turkey burgers are soooo good! Especially with curry powder and other seasonings. I switch it up though as well every night.

Well, I went to workout this am at my second job. Decided that on days that I work out it may be best to eat a restricted food before I work out so that I can burn through those carbs ad have more energy. Thoughts?
Thanks for your response... now for your question.. i've talked to coaches about the restricted before work out and what time of day for the bars and what -not and what we concluded was..... The carbs are complex carbs such as the ones you find in potatoes, rice, pasta, etc... they aren't readily available as soon as you eat. they will "unwrap" into your system within 8-12 hours after you eat them... i always have my bar as my night time snack.. then that way, those carbs are available to me the next morning. just something to think about... congrats on your success so far!
Old 06-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #57  

Mooselover, I live in Laramie. Thanks for the advice on bras. I am thinking i will just have to suck it up and buy some.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #58  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Lots of replies today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everbody
Woke up refreshed today to a beautiful morning. I will be helping my niece do some last minute wedding prep since the wedding is next Friday.
Have a great day, be kind to yourselves and stay on plan.
Have a great day Carol, and good luck with the wedding prep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin532 View Post
Looking forward to the start of week #3 for me. Going for 100% OP. It's so exciting getting all the tips & recipes from this group. The 3rd day OP I was ready to give up thinking I could NOT do this. Now it seems almost easy! Happy Friday!
It's amazing how that works isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
Got my ticker. Got my ticker...yayyyy!!!!!
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
So my question: If this happens again, is it better to go for the extra veg or continue with the extra IP (this is assuming I've gone OVER 4 IP that day). I know I could have salad, but I'm talking something like zucchini.
I was told my mother in law (who did the legit IP) that if you needed to cheat to use packets / protein because that's more helpful to the body than the carbs in the veggies (since veggies are almost nil in protein) and your body would use the protein to restore muscle it may have inadvertently eaten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
I also feel like during the week I have the lowest losses. I lose most my weight during the weekends and when I have off work and am at home relaxing. Maybe less stress? Less movement? I dk.
I lose like maybe .5-1lb during the week, and anywhere from 1.2-2.5 lbs between Saturday morning and Monday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all are having a good day so far. I'm having a "skinny" day. I still weigh the same as i did the past few days, but i feel lighter... you all know what i mean .

After reading the posts from this morning, i got curious to what types of protein you all are eating most of the time and how you're preparing it... Have you noticed that certain proteins give you a better loss for the week?
I switch mine up, usually 2 nights / week steakish, the rest chicken, fish or turkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Does anyone else weigh themselves every morning. I do just to see some sence of progress. But I don't want to set myself up for a mental faliure as I know the official WI will be less than my morning scale. Maybe I should set my weigh ins for the morning time to help some with that. ...... hmmm
I weigh daily and document what I ate the night / day before, notice trends ( I weigh more on Tues/Wed every week, then burn til' Monday). I weigh au-natural and right away after my alarm goes off (i've weighed in before it and I kid you not I drop .2-.6 pounds from waking up too early to sleeping in til' the alarm goes off).
Old 06-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #59  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

prettyone: Congratulations!! 8 lbs is awesome!
Old 06-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Hi all!
So here is a very sad tale. I have to go clothes shopping. I am down to my size 10 work slacks and they are getting pretty baggy so I need to shop. I really dislike shopping almost as much as I dislike spending money. Maybe they go together. My tops are all larges now (a little busty) and I will be OK there for awhile but need pants, jeans and shorts..
I really hate weighing at home my scales say I am down 22 lbs since starting IP and the clinic scales only say 19 lost. I guess the food in stomach and clothes make a difference; I weigh naked and on an empty stomach at home. I can really see and feel the difference in size but it sure seems like things in the scale dept are slow; but I am an older woman and have been a yo yo dieter all my life, so I am sure my metabolizim is totally screwed up. I am just happy to me losing period!
I love this site and love all you who are here to cheerlead and be inspirations to all of us!! Thanks!
Closed Thread