Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandasweet View Post
I can't touch the restricted foods yet. My body and carbs are like matches to lighter fluid. I think you'll see a difference on the scale. My coach actually said she see's the fastest weight loss with folks who steer clear of the restricted items. I have one a week as a treat (pancakes on Saturday morning).
Funny, my losses were better when I added a restricted..
Old 05-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 188/172/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Last night was a bit hard for me. I was having some cravings; gluten free pizza, cheese, deviled eggs, and peanut butter.. it was random, but that's what I wanted. I knew I wasn't going to have them, but the want was there. One of the first cravings I've had since I've started this.

NSV? I'm able to see a bit of weight loss when I look in the mirror. I could feel it, but hadn't yet seen it. Long story short, I can now see a mole/freckle that I wasn't able to before. It shouldn't have made me that happy, but it did. It means I'm losing and this is working.
NSV - It definitely should have made you happy! Way to go! I was stoked the other day that my tight pants weren't quite as tight. Not loose, just not quite as tight

Cravings? - Who needs them. Just say "Thank you for sharing inner fat person, but I don't need any of your advice right now. I'm good, thanks." If he/she doesn't listen, put on head phones. Music drowns out the sound of annoying voices.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Funny, my losses were better when I added a restricted..
I'll have to keep that in mind if I stall out.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! I just had my first weigh in and lost 7.8 lbs!! This makes me want to stick to the diet even more, and NOT cheat!! I keep craving ranch dressing and pizza, but I know its NOT worth it!!

P.s - How do you change your signature?

Thanks,
Jennifer
Old 05-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello everyone,

I still did not read anybody's post as I was busy at work this morning.

I am writing just to vent, at myself and at society! At myself because I am stupid, I keep on messing up my diet by stopping and restarting over and over again. I tried to stick to my diet last week, but starting Sunday, I slipped and continued on the slippery slope

At society, because it is cruel! And it makes me cry how humans treat each other, they stamp us (overweight people) with a stamp of shame, they alienate us from the society just because we are ''fat'' as if the fat hides all the qualities we have within!! It does not matter if we are kind with a heart of gold, if we are smart (oh wait! maybe we can't qualify as smart because we are fat! right?!! Anyway... why I have this revolution in me now? Because I just read that there might be a new law permitting doctors to refuse to give fertility treatment to overweight women!!! I mean are you freaking kidding me???? Who the **** do you think you are Doctor Cruel to decide if I am worth being given fertility treatment just because I am fat? Seriously people, what world do we live in???

My doctor advised me that I should lose weight in order for her treatments to work better, but she did not banish me from receiving treatment luckily. She asked me to reach 180 pounds! And with my dieting pattern now, I am afraid that I wouldn't reach this weight any time soon! I am frustrated, and I am scared. I want to have a baby more than anything in the world.

Today, I decided that I will do bootcamp (no restricted and replacing the dinner with a protein shake) for a week, maybe this will give me a boost and I will stick to it this time.

And by the way, this is a very recent photo of me taken last week, do I really look like an overly morbid obese person who does not deserve to be a mom?

Sorry for all my negativity, but I just wanted to express my feelings.

Hope everyone is having a better day than me.
I dont think you should make this diet any harder than it needs to be.
Make a plan for a week, including the packets you like best, including restricteds, and dinners you know you will enjoy.

Take it one day at a time. You will get back on track.

I think trying to go extreme is setting yourself up for disappointment.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:37 PM   #96  

Quote:
I'll have to keep that in mind if I stall out.
I should add I do intense exercise every day. Perhaps this worked for me because I needed the extra calories...it's so hard to know...
Old 05-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello everyone,

I still did not read anybody's post as I was busy at work this morning.

I am writing just to vent, at myself and at society! At myself because I am stupid, I keep on messing up my diet by stopping and restarting over and over again. I tried to stick to my diet last week, but starting Sunday, I slipped and continued on the slippery slope

At society, because it is cruel! And it makes me cry how humans treat each other, they stamp us (overweight people) with a stamp of shame, they alienate us from the society just because we are ''fat'' as if the fat hides all the qualities we have within!! It does not matter if we are kind with a heart of gold, if we are smart (oh wait! maybe we can't qualify as smart because we are fat! right?!! Anyway... why I have this revolution in me now? Because I just read that there might be a new law permitting doctors to refuse to give fertility treatment to overweight women!!! I mean are you freaking kidding me???? Who the **** do you think you are Doctor Cruel to decide if I am worth being given fertility treatment just because I am fat? Seriously people, what world do we live in???

My doctor advised me that I should lose weight in order for her treatments to work better, but she did not banish me from receiving treatment luckily. She asked me to reach 180 pounds! And with my dieting pattern now, I am afraid that I wouldn't reach this weight any time soon! I am frustrated, and I am scared. I want to have a baby more than anything in the world.

Today, I decided that I will do bootcamp (no restricted and replacing the dinner with a protein shake) for a week, maybe this will give me a boost and I will stick to it this time.

And by the way, this is a very recent photo of me taken last week, do I really look like an overly morbid obese person who does not deserve to be a mom?

Sorry for all my negativity, but I just wanted to express my feelings.

Hope everyone is having a better day than me.
O.K., tough love moment. I'm not sure sympathies going to help here.

First of all, why do you want whatever food you cheated with more than you want a baby? I know, it's a mean question, but something is holding you back from losing this weight and I think you need to dig really deep, like so soul deep it hurts, to understand why.

Also, watch this...I'm pretty sure it changed my life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pEkCbqN4uo

It may help you understand why doctor's don't want to cause potentially more damage to a women's body when she's obese (hormones, higher risk pregnancies, etc.) than is already there. I know it sounds mean, but I think being in denial about the serious health issues associate with our weight is what keeps us all so unhealthy.

Last but not least, don't work Ideal Protein like you would an Atkin's or a Weight Watchers diet. For one thing, it is way to stinkin' expensive if you're not 100% ready for it (and there are easier and cheaper ways to lose weight slowly) and second of all it's really bad to go in and out of Ketosis like that. You're pancreas will start freaking out.

O.K., there's my "bad guy" rant.

The good news? All the negativity, the doubt, the sadness? It's just made up stuff your telling yourself, it isn't real, and you can change it today. Take the advice here on the boards. Commit, find IP foods you really love. Laugh with all the good folks here every day, and then Just Do It. Focus on the future. Visualize yourself holding your son or daughter, and hiking and swimming with them and being a healthy roll model for them.

Or don't, but remember the choice is entirely up to you and you can do it!

Last edited by amandasweet; 05-31-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #98  

Quote:
I should add I do intense exercise every day. Perhaps this worked for me because I needed the extra calories...it's so hard to know...
That probably definitely made a difference! With my schedule getting in a walk is a serious undertaking.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:55 PM   #99  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

staceyjblack - I made a deal with my husband that after staying at my goal for a full year I will be hitting up the New Braunfels, TX Prime Outlets for a brand new spanking designer wardrobe. Of course, this will hopefully be a few years down the road as I hope to gain baby weight soon after hitting goal the first time.

Tigerlvr52 - you will be amazed at how your body recovers after you remove the stresses that the extra weight adds. I am 38, I not only have the bad spondylolysthesis bum back, but also a bum knee (ACL), and had several boughts with plantar fasciitis (heel pain - ESPECIALLY during pregnancy). You forget how it is to live without chronic pain, psst - it's WONDERFUL!

TaylorMayde - I am VERY curious as to how pregnancy went with you after IP, as I am hopefully looking to grow our family soon after reaching goal. With my son I conceived ~185-190 (Obese BMI), had a relatively healthy pregnancy, delivered at ~220, but turned out I had a pre-existing back problem that was aggravated by the pregnancy stress on my body. Hence, I'm hoping that conceiving at a healthy weight will help relieve any additional damage a second pregnancy would cause. Also, I breastfed until 16months, it wasn't enough to help me lose weight after having 2 bowls of cereal per snack!

GonnaB50NFabulous - I am thinking I need to "reboot" myself lately, I've noticed I'm becoming looser with my meat and veggie measurements. I don't stress about out of my control extras (sauces scraped off entrees at restaurants, etc.), but that's because I (used to) be vigilant about controlling what I could, and lately I've noticed a slip in my dinner servings.

sandralosingweight - I've been wondering about you since you rejoined IP. I tried and failed many times to control my weight, this time the only thing different that swayed my success was the pregnancy that I (hopefully) will have after reaching goal. This diet can work wonders for your fertility just on its own. My coach warned me that the pill would fail me on IP because of the hormone released as you burn body fat, and since I've joined 3FC at least 2 IPers found that out the 'hard way'. If you truly want this, you need to do this - you control what you eat, no one else. This should be all the motivation you need. Your doctor's fertility treatments will work better, you will BOOST your fertility, and you will conceive at a healthy weight (speaking from someone who started a pregnancy at Obese and just grew from there, it's pretty uncomfortable). If you truly want to have a baby more than anything in the world, all the tools are here for you - we are ALL here for you. Take a step back, why are you slipping? What is it about last Sunday that made you cheat? What about the days after? What can YOU do to change it. You have total control here - grab it and use it. Don't burn yourself out trying to overcompensate, just start today as your Day 1, follow the program every day, and PLEASE come back and brainstorm when you feel weak and/or want to help work out a way to get through this.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #100  

Fabulous Article on Maintenance:

http://www.ajcn.org/content/82/1/222S.full
Old 05-31-2012, 02:59 PM   #101  

http://www.nwcr.ws/

Even Cooler!

Renews hope that we can do this!
Old 05-31-2012, 03:00 PM   #102  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Last night was a bit hard for me. I was having some cravings; gluten free pizza, cheese, deviled eggs, and peanut butter.. it was random, but that's what I wanted. I knew I wasn't going to have them, but the want was there. One of the first cravings I've had since I've started this.

NSV? I'm able to see a bit of weight loss when I look in the mirror. I could feel it, but hadn't yet seen it. Long story short, I can now see a mole/freckle that I wasn't able to before. It shouldn't have made me that happy, but it did. It means I'm losing and this is working.
You should feel great about your freckle, you're changing yourself for the better.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #103  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
I dont think you should make this diet any harder than it needs to be.
Make a plan for a week, including the packets you like best, including restricteds, and dinners you know you will enjoy.

Take it one day at a time. You will get back on track.

I think trying to go extreme is setting yourself up for disappointment.
Totally Agree. One day at a time.

Quote:

First of all, why do you want whatever food you cheated with more than you want a baby? I know, it's a mean question, but something is holding you back from losing this weight and I think you need to dig really deep, like so soul deep it hurts, to understand why.

Also, watch this...I'm pretty sure it changed my life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pEkCbqN4uo

It may help you understand why doctor's don't want to cause potentially more damage to a women's body when she's obese (hormones, higher risk pregnancies, etc.) than is already there. I know it sounds mean, but I think being in denial about the serious health issues associate with our weight is what keeps us all so unhealthy.

Last but not least, don't work Ideal Protein like you would an Atkin's or a Weight Watchers diet. For one thing, it is way to stinkin' expensive if you're not 100% ready for it (and there are easier and cheaper ways to lose weight slowly) and second of all it's really bad to go in and out of Ketosis like that. You're pancreas will start freaking out.

The good news? All the negativity, the doubt, the sadness? It's just made up stuff your telling yourself, it isn't real, and you can change it today. Take the advice here on the boards. Commit, find IP foods you really love. Laugh with all the good folks here every day, and then Just Do It. Focus on the future. Visualize yourself holding your son or daughter, and hiking and swimming with them and being a healthy roll model for them.

Very Well Said.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #104  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:

That wasn't though love as you said it, that was just plain mean! Hope you will feel good about yourself making someone who already feels bad, feel worse!

Besides, I see your weight loss went from 191 to 191!!! Way to go!!! Keep on going like that and I'll be so happy for you!

Seriously, refrain from hurting me next time!

Last edited by sandralosingweight; 05-31-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:13 PM   #105  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
It's on Youtube now! Yay! I saw this on HBO On Demand at home, episode 1 & 2, haven't seen the next one yet...

Time for me to be a nerd again, here's my spreadsheet so far. Once I have all the labels in I'll make it into a Google Doc so folks can update as stuff changes...
Closed Thread