Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandasweet View Post
...something is holding you back from losing this weight and I think you need to dig really deep, like so soul deep it hurts, to understand why.

Also, watch this...I'm pretty sure it changed my life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pEkCbqN4uo

It may help ...

The good news? All the negativity, the doubt, the sadness? It's just made up stuff your telling yourself, it isn't real, and you can change it today. Take the advice here on the boards. Commit, find IP foods you really love. Laugh with all the good folks here every day, and then Just Do It. Focus on the future. Visualize yourself ... hiking and swimming ... and being a healthy roll mode...

Or don't, but remember the choice is entirely up to you and you can do it!

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for keeping me on track. With all of the emotions flying around (speaking of myself) it's refreshing to be drawn back to reality. This way of eating for my body to function at its best is a new idea to me. I have always ate food for enjoyment and comfort. So understanding why I eat has helped me a lot to change bad habits and stay on track eating for my health.

I watched the video and boy was it an eye opener. Sad but true.

I love your thought: The good news? All the negativity, the doubt, the sadness? It's just made up stuff your telling yourself, it isn't real, and you can change it today. That is so true. I find a lot of what I go through is a mental battle that I bring on myself. It sounds like you have been talking to my hubby as he tells me that also. Then like you he tells me to focus on the future. Thank you, again. I appreciate your advice.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
That's great! And you may find as time goes on the skin disappears. Mind did. In maintenance my body continues to "streamline" with exercise. Even after 2 c sections my stomach is now completely flat. Yay ip!
Oh I hope I'm like you! I had a c-section, 2 hernia repairs and my hysterectomy through the same incision and I have a pooch there - I hope it goes away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Hello,
Well my scales at home and the ones at work are different than those at the clinic. I do not weigh at home often (once a week) and this morning my scales said I was down 3.5 lbs from last Thursday. I just went to the IP Clinic and only down 1.2 this week. I am a little disappointed but hey, that's one more pound I don't have to carry around! Glad for all of you who are losing large amounts! Maybe next week will be my week.
Darralyn - could have been what you wore or had you just eaten? Yesterday was so chilly here I wore jeans, socks, a light sweater and cami and had been wearing capris, t's and sandals. All that makes a difference. Keep on keeping on - you look great and I can see the difference in your picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
I went through 10 years of fertility treatment, including IUI and IVF. I was right at the borderline for having IVF because of my weight. After 6 failed attempts and a failed adoption that is when I gained 30 lbs. I am FINALLY back at the weight I was when we started the IVF but I am going even lower. I knew I should have listened to the doctors when they said I would never have children. I was 19 and didn't want to listen. It would have saved me over 100 grand. We too have dogs to keep us occupied. Not the same as children, but keeps my mind off the heartache most of the time.

I am loving all these AWESOME WI's this week!! I hope ya'll send the fairy my way because I NEED a 4 lb loss this next week (Not till Tuesday). If I hit that 4 lbs loss I will be in onederland and that would be so great for me and my esteem right now!!
My youngest daughter(I have 2), is adopted. I could never have another baby. It is so sad when you want a baby and can't have one. I thank God for our adoption. There can be so many heartbreaks involved in that as well. That is sad to me, because there are so many children who need the love of a good home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Oh Rissmo, I'm so sorry you and your daughter have to go through this. I was diagnosed with Juvenile RA when I was 14 and it colored my whole vision for myself and my future. When you have one autoimmune, it's not unusual to have others, so I've been tested for some of those too, and been on many meds. Fortunately, it seems to be in remission now and it's 'just' the fibro that hurts.

I can't imagine how hard it is to watch your little one hurt, but she is very lucky to have you as a mom.

It makes your success on IP even that much more commendable...

Margaret
Perfectly said!

NSV - I just walked into a neighboring store to look for an item, and the owner said, "Wow - you are vanishing! You look great!" Made my whole day.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:23 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to share with everyone a really interesting book I've been reading. Anatomy of a Food Addiction by Anne Katherine. I don't know about the rest of you but it is so true for me. This is why I chose the low carb IP food plan; I knew nothing else would work for me if I didn't get the carbs out of the way right off the bat. I have been having to deal with feelings lately now that I don't have my drug (food) to anesthesize me. It is not fun; but there is no way around them. Anyway this book has been very helpful for me to work through some of the crap.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 188/172/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
What exactly is well said? What you said was well said, what she said was just being mean hiding under the expression of ''tough love'', there is no love when you intentionally hurt someone else!
I really am very sorry if you thought I was trying to hurt you. It absolutely was not my intention. I've actually lost over 38 pounds on Ideal Protein, so I know how hard and committed you have to be to the program to succeed (just tracking weight loss from this time around - so I've lost a little more than a pound...lol).

I won't take what I said back, because it really wasn't meant to be cruel, and because I do honestly believe it's true. I am sorry if it hurt you or made you angry. Sometimes our health is a tough subject, but the facts have to be laid out. I joined this board and started this particular diet because I finally hit the "commitment" point, and I will probably always give honest opinions on things. Honesty is the only thing that will get us where we want to go.

I suffered from an eating disorder for over twenty years, went through bouts of depression so deep I didn't think I would be able to get out of them, and at the end of the day I still realize that it's about my commitment to myself, my health, and my spirit that will keep me going.

My name is Amanda, and I am committed to myself, my health, and being honest with myself at all times. I am obese, unhealthy, and I am ashamed, but there is a way out, and I wouldn't give anyone any "tough love" that I don't give myself.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:26 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Well I found a fat Chihuahua! Lost 7.2# for a total if 82.4# in 9 weeks. Whoo hoo!
Yay!! You are having amazing success:s moking:
Old 05-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #141  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
What exactly is well said? What you said was well said, what she said was just being mean hiding under the expression of ''tough love'', there is no love when you intentionally hurt someone else!
I want you to succeed, and I want you to be happy with yourself and with your life, I am pretty sure Amanda does as well. Being not as close to the emotions, I appreciate her advise on really thinking on what it is that is holding you back now that you have such a wonderful goal to look forward to.

I ask again, what's the trigger/reason/cause that caused the slip Sunday and the days after? You can get past it, figure out a solution to avoid/cope the next time it happens. Forget the past, today follow your meal plan and let's get this babymaking on the way!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
Hi Amanda,

Thank you for keeping me on track. With all of the emotions flying around (speaking of myself) it's refreshing to be drawn back to reality. This way of eating for my body to function at its best is a new idea to me. I have always ate food for enjoyment and comfort. So understanding why I eat has helped me a lot to change bad habits and stay on track eating for my health.

I watched the video and boy was it an eye opener. Sad but true.

I love your thought: The good news? All the negativity, the doubt, the sadness? It's just made up stuff your telling yourself, it isn't real, and you can change it today. That is so true. I find a lot of what I go through is a mental battle that I bring on myself. It sounds like you have been talking to my hubby as he tells me that also. Then like you he tells me to focus on the future. Thank you, again. I appreciate your advice.
Thanks so much! I give myself this talk about once a day, and I love that video. As I said, it changed my perspective entirely. Seeing what an obese heart looked like completely freaked me out! I was like "wow" I actually have a major health concern! Who knew...lol.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #143  

http://ipandbeyond.blogspot.com/

Fun epiphany I had about Airplanes and IP (It goes together, I promise).
Old 05-31-2012, 05:42 PM   #144  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
A few more NSVs today. At conference all day. The back of my legs are not killing like they used too. The chair fits much better.

No suspenders today with a tshirt and untucked Polo shirt. Just a Polo tucked in.
Great Job!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #145  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Hey guys, just letting you know via the daily that I got the google doc open for nutritional information. I'll update it from work as I have time, but only have it from theproteinstore.com or whatever it was, so some info from the boxes may be outdated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...TlCbXZCM2FZbVE
I uploaded the newest nutritional Values in the Sticky's last night for all of the products. The ONLY one I didn't have was the chicken patty. I got this from my coach last week. They are in alphabetical order
Old 05-31-2012, 05:48 PM   #146  

I found a new pic for my Avatar that is true to my current weight but doesn't involve me holding two dogs in the sweltering heat! lol
Old 05-31-2012, 05:54 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandasweet View Post
I found a new pic for my Avatar that is true to my current weight but doesn't involve me holding two dogs in the sweltering heat! lol
Love the new picture. Lookin' fabulous!!!!

Where in Washington do you live? I live in Bonney Lake.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
Love the new picture. Lookin' fabulous!!!!

Where in Washington do you live? I live in Bonney Lake.
You are right in my neck of the woods! I live in Tacoma. I have another friend in Tacoma who's on and/or just finished phase 4. Bringing IP to the South Side...
Old 05-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #149  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Wuv - I tried opening the images but they were SUPER tiny, so I couldn't read any of them But I did try I promise!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #150  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
sandra - totally hear where you're coming from. In BC, for example, they will NOT let you do IVF until your BMI is under 35 or something like that. I don't think they'll let you do IUI's, either. Very, very frustrating stuff. I went through seven years of fertility treatments with no success (we now have a dog instead) so I feel your pain.

I know it's extra complicated in QC because it's paid for but still. Grrr....
Sandra & IPDivaJen,
I am sorry that you are so frustrated by this. I cannot speak from personal experience, but I speak from a healthcare point.

Any elective procedure has a higher risk for a patient who is morbidly obese-more airway difficulties, fluid shifts, positioning problems and injuries to name a few. Babies are routinely delivered vaginally. Epidurals are more difficult on obese patients (not that they are necessary). At our facility, if we can't get one in with a normal 9cm needle, we do not put one in.

But what if the vaginal delivery doesn't work? Now we have to do an emergency procedure (c-section) on that person. C-sections are routinely done by spinal anesthetic due to the extremely high risk for mother and baby with general anesthetic. It is much more difficult to do a spinal on someone who is obese, which is more difficult. If I can't get a spinal in, then my patients have to go to sleep. I can't remember the percentage but mothers are much, much more prone to complications of general anesthesia (such as inability to ventilate or intubate-due to airway swelling and narrowing-now we have two patients who arent getting oxygen to their organs, aspiration, mendelson's syndrome, not to mention the things that can happen if the medicines used to put mom asleep have a chance to cross the placental membrane before baby is out.

This increased risk to mothers continues for at least the first 6 weeks post partum also.

I take no sides in this discussion, just wanted to add another point of view.
Shawna

Last edited by redmomof4; 05-31-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Closed Thread