Old 05-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
is that faux hummus then? because hummus is made with chickpeas which arent allowed on phase 1.

JackBsMom- I totally understand how you feel. I myself have had a hard time on this diet. In fact, i cant eat the packets mostly, because of all the artificial sweetner so my choices are even more limited. So....i totally understand...however.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not cheat....I did it the first time i tried this program and not only regret it but it made it that much harder to stay on the program any other time. So far it has taken 6 times around before i have finally been able to make it this long without a cheat...I dont plan on cheating anymore...
Yes you are absolutely right. It's called baba ghanoush. I've been making my own for years and DH refers to it as Hummus that I actually forgot... However, since Chick peas are not allowed this is actually a great substitute and fabulous for a pot luck!
wendywendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

I'm so sorry - I didn't realize that you weren't allowed hummus.

Roasting Cauliflower is a terrific way to enjoy it! I use a little cooking spray and salt and then into the toaster over for 15 minutes...it's fabulous!

Good luck and keep at it!
TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #33  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBs Mom View Post
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU - you're right, I should have stated that I was looking for encouragement. 3FC has gotten me to day 10 and I greatly appreciate you all.
Can I do the spinach in two shakes a day? Can you taste in in regular chocolate shakes or should I use pudding? I really don't mind doing two shakes a day some days when I am working.
Thanks for the Facebook suggestion too - great ideas.
As for food I like that are OP - IP food wise I love the cap, vanilla, and chocolate shakes, mostly all bars, crispy cereal (& the crispy cereal pancake), oatmeal, jello, and the ridges & zippers. Don't really love pudding as a pudding but am open to suggestions for using it in a recipe. Have not tried the chilli or spaghetti. Other food wise I love chicken, steak, eggs, roast (is this even allowed?), lean hamburger (mmm, big mac salad), salmon, spinach, lettuce, orange bell peppers, dill pickles, celery and mushrooms.
With that being said I have never tried a lot of the proteins listed.
I tried the spinach in a shake today!! I put one cup in the blender with a vanilla drink package, water, some ice and just one drop of mint extract. I could not taste the spinach at all so I added a second cup of spinach and still drank it down to problem it was very filling too.

I had never been a fan of cucumber but it was a very easy veg so I decided to give it a second chance I cut it into spears and shake just a little sea salt on them and now its my favorite snack.

On days when I am more hungry (usually right before TOM) I will eat my restricted in two parts so it feels like I am having more, this works especially well with the zippers.

A typical day for me is crispy cereal for breakfast, dill pickle zippers and a salad for lunch (cucumbers, red & yellow peppers and lettuce with a dressing made from half white vinegar half EVOO) then for supper it could be steak, chicken, pork or salmon with stir fried veggies (peppers, mushrooms, some times zucchini) or steamed broccoli and/or cauliflower.

I have a shake either around 4 in the afternoon if I'm working and having a late dinner, or around 8 or 9 if I'm off and can have dinner earlier.

It took me a long time to not want to cheat. Hang in there it will get better/easier. I feel great and I'm having so much fun shopping at the "regular size" stores... it makes it all worthwhile

Good Luck!!!
licaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #34  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Hey there! Saw your message from an earlier thread...

I started IP the second week of march and hit my goal on May 18th! I started IP having lost 10 pounds on my own over a year ago. I am currently entering my second week of Phase 2!
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

You're early into the program, so give yourself some time.

There is no reason to get bored. Every week, try a new vegetable, a new IP packet, a new recipe or a new spice. Add fresh parsley or cilantro or basil to all kinds of stuff. There are tons of recipes specific to using IP packets.

Remember, there is still alot you can do with the stuff we are allowed to have. One thing IP forced me to do was get back into cooking from scratch. Ironic, considering we eat packets everyday, but...you are forming long term habits and tastes that will serve you well the rest of your life. Even when you phase off IP, you'll need to eat carefully, or you'll end up right back where you started, so embrace this and be creative!

Good luck and never give up!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #36  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

I know that this isn't really IP-ish, but there are a few alternative companies out there that sell VERY similar products and it can help change it up a bit, they even have a candy bar that is a -mazing, restricted but an awesome treat to have once and a while. The thing to remember is, ONCE in a while, not TWICE, I sometimes forget the not twice part because it's so good.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
Hey there! Saw your message from an earlier thread...

I started IP the second week of march and hit my goal on May 18th! I started IP having lost 10 pounds on my own over a year ago. I am currently entering my second week of Phase 2!
I just want to say: you look FANTASTIC!!! Feels good at goal I bet!!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #38  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...x-finland.html

Check out this thread.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

Seems like you have been given some great suggestions I really hit the boredom point as well for me what has helped the most was : Kale Chips when I need something salty or just an easy veggie to get in (I actually do a lot of kale because its so easy and non-veggie to eat) ... Love the mugcake recipe that is on here using the chocolate drink - felt like a cheat and honestly broke up my routine quite a bit ... and the cauliflower "fried rice" is SO YUMMY - and you can get all 4 cups of your veggies that way easily I throw in whatever stir fry type veggies I have and left over chicken - yummy and easy ( much easier than it seems it would be). Those 3 are my go to foods when I feel I am all saladed out lol!
Cole3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #40  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I just want to say: you look FANTASTIC!!! Feels good at goal I bet!!
Thank you! It's taking a little while for my brain to catch up to what my body looks like- but I'm starting to get there. I feel fantastic!
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 203/170/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
Thank you! It's taking a little while for my brain to catch up to what my body looks like- but I'm starting to get there. I feel fantastic!
You do look awesome! My brain has definitely not caught up with me...I still see the same old me...hopefully it will come around soon
m3foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 179.6 on a quest to 140

Height: 5' 3''

Thanks everyone
I have honestly never tried Kale … not sure I even know what it looks like, lol!
When I was making my stirfry for supper I kept thinking how badly I wanted some rice - will absolutely try the cauliflower fried rice
I keep meaning to ask this - what are we allowed to use to cook with, i.e. PAM or whatever?
JackBs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #43  
Started IP 4/5/2012

S/C/G: 200/190.1/140

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Raise your hand if you've ever stared at a box of stovetop for longer than thirty seconds since joining IP and though "Is it worth it? Am I really not stronger than a box of prepackaged dehydrated bread and sage? Really?" or similar thoughts to other ready-made carbohydrate bombs? I know my triggers, I'm not certain even once I hit phase 4 that I'll be able to eat them in moderation, which sucks-es-es-es just saying. The one blessing, chocolate is not a trigger...downside, peanut butter is...
Ha that is great and so true.

Hang in there! When I started to see my pants big on me I actually started liking what I was seeing in the mirror... A little bit . Totally helps me stay motivated. You are worth it
cass2ander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBs Mom View Post
Thanks everyone
I have honestly never tried Kale … not sure I even know what it looks like, lol!
When I was making my stirfry for supper I kept thinking how badly I wanted some rice - will absolutely try the cauliflower fried rice
I keep meaning to ask this - what are we allowed to use to cook with, i.e. PAM or whatever?
I had never tried Kale before starting IP either ... to be honest the first time I bought it I had to ask the guy in the produce department where it was ... fortunately there was a band around it that said 'kale' on it because I never would have believed him even after he showed me. It sort of looks like huge overgrown parsley. As far as I was told Pam is fine ... I use the olive oil but I have heard some use the butter flavored sprays (I assume they are all 0/0/0 but haven't really looked into it too much). You can always use a bit of your olive oil that you need anyway - thats what I do.
Cole3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #45  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
I had never tried Kale before starting IP either ... to be honest the first time I bought it I had to ask the guy in the produce department where it was ... fortunately there was a band around it that said 'kale' on it because I never would have believed him even after he showed me. It sort of looks like huge overgrown parsley. As far as I was told Pam is fine ... I use the olive oil but I have heard some use the butter flavored sprays (I assume they are all 0/0/0 but haven't really looked into it too much). You can always use a bit of your olive oil that you need anyway - thats what I do.
I know some folks use Pam, I usually just stick to spray EVOO. Just a little Kale Chip recipe blurb....I find that the bunch of kale vs. the bagged chopped kale is best, it's easier to tear the leaves off the rib. Also a favorite flavor of mine is to lightly drizzle & toss the kale in WF Spicy BBQ and then sprinkle with fajita seasoning (or salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc). Make sure you leaves are washed and dried thoroughly before baking them (I do mine at 350 for 15-20 minutes).

ETA: I'd never tried Kale before IP either! Now I LOVE my kale chips - unfortunately so does my husband, I try to keep his grubby mitts off MY food when I can!!!

Last edited by LizRR; 05-30-2012 at 10:53 AM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote