Old 05-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBs Mom View Post
Only in week two an already I am bored silly with this meal plan… the diet is working and I want to be faithful but I am so so so bored of life without carbs & variety. Seriously considering a cheat day.
I just made Pankcakes with cereal and oatmeal- very good!

There is also one recipe that uses shredded zucchini that would help you get your veggies in.

Same thing with Muffins. My downfall is eating the entire tray, since a recipe makes 12 (you get 6).

Also, I turn ALL my puddings into frosty shakes. You could easily add spinach into a smoothie and blend it all up. I LOVE adding decaf instant coffee into the shakes- so yum!
NOVAScents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU - you're right, I should have stated that I was looking for encouragement. 3FC has gotten me to day 10 and I greatly appreciate you all.
Can I do the spinach in two shakes a day? Can you taste in in regular chocolate shakes or should I use pudding? I really don't mind doing two shakes a day some days when I am working.
Thanks for the Facebook suggestion too - great ideas.
As for food I like that are OP - IP food wise I love the cap, vanilla, and chocolate shakes, mostly all bars, crispy cereal (& the crispy cereal pancake), oatmeal, jello, and the ridges & zippers. Don't really love pudding as a pudding but am open to suggestions for using it in a recipe. Have not tried the chilli or spaghetti. Other food wise I love chicken, steak, eggs, roast (is this even allowed?), lean hamburger (mmm, big mac salad), salmon, spinach, lettuce, orange bell peppers, dill pickles, celery and mushrooms.
With that being said I have never tried a lot of the proteins listed.
If you like the oatmeal try the oatmeal crisp with rhubarb (that's considered a veggie too)...also make your salad with all those veggies...if you're a salad lover. I also put radishes, red cabbage, fresh parsley, red onion, green onion to make it REALLY colourful.

There is Kale Chips...didn’t find them filling but an idea when you want 'chips'. Also, Pampered Chef has a microwave chip maker you could make zucchini chips with or even radish chips. Haven't tried it but heard people rave about it….lots of options you just have to try them.

Yes roast is allowed...I googled meat rubs to keep me interested in different options for cooking meat. You'll re-learn to cook mostly!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Finn Steven's recipe for his meatloaf is really really really good. It incorporates a cup of shredded zucchini and you dont even know that it is in there!!! My DH wants me to make another batch to freeze so there ready to eat whenever he wants one!
wendywendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

It is hard to make the mental shift that food is not our entertainment.
salmongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #20  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Can I do the spinach in two shakes a day? Can you taste in in regular chocolate shakes or should I use pudding? I really don't mind doing two shakes a day some days when I am working.

As for food I like that are OP - IP food wise I love the cap, vanilla, and chocolate shakes, mostly all bars, crispy cereal (& the crispy cereal pancake), oatmeal, jello, and the ridges & zippers. Don't really love pudding as a pudding but am open to suggestions for using it in a recipe. Have not tried the chilli or spaghetti. Other food wise I love chicken, steak, eggs, roast (is this even allowed?), lean hamburger (mmm, big mac salad), salmon, spinach, lettuce, orange bell peppers, dill pickles, celery and mushrooms.
With that being said I have never tried a lot of the proteins listed.
You can have 3 shakes a day if you want! I LOVE them, you can't taste the spinach - but it is green. I have used chocolate & vanilla both drinks and pudding in the shake and they turned out great. I use a full size cuisinart blender, throw in ~2 handfuls looseleaf spinach, 2 cups coffee or water, 2 cups ice - blend @high ~90-120 seconds - then add in pudding or drink and blend another ~60 seconds (I pulverize spinach first then add IP or else gets too frothy for my personal taste). I bet capp would be tasty too.

You can also make pudding cakes or muffins w/or w/out shredded zucchini in the mix, zucchini apples, rhubarb crisp w/crispy cereal or oatmeal , rhubarb spread for pancakes, I roast garlic & cauliflower (w/a little celery) and blend up with some chicken buillion, salt, & pepper for mashed fauxtatoes, roasted&blended garlic-poblano-bell pepper-jalapeno w/some chicken stock for spicy veggie soup, turnip fries, kale chips.

These are all my favorites, I wasn't a big veggie eater before and just about the 2-3 week mark I needed to find ways to mix things up after "powering through" the initial hazing period!

Last edited by LizRR; 05-28-2012 at 02:36 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Get some miracle noodles and make spaghetti or stir fry....we love them!

Try the wf BBQ sauce. It is also good.

Think of what you used to like and figure out how to make it low carb. I love mashed cauliflower...who knew?!

Finally, try to look at food as fuel. Every meal shouldn't have to be gourmet. It should satisfy your hunger and keep you going. Sometimes it might be boring...but a few spices, a little salt, etc can make a big difference.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #22  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
It is hard to make the mental shift that food is not our entertainment.

Wow, that is truly a profound statement. And 100% accurate.
angien03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

Since you've just started I think it's reasonable to feel how you're feeling. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right combinations of food that work for your lifestyle and tastebuds! Do you like hummus? I find it SO satisfying with raw veggies.

Good luck!!
TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #24  

Default my favs:

I've never posted--hope this works, trying to answer "bored"

you can take the wild berry yogurt mix it with crushed crispy cereal, add 1/2 tsp of baking soda, [divide mixture in half and save for another time] add 1/4c [2] egg whites and some water-cool in a pan-it makes a yummy pancake with the Walden Farms syrup and it's non-restricted!

Also--roast cauliflower with olive oil/ spray salt and pepper 400 for at least 40 mins I love it brown...

Cut turnips [hated them before this recipe] into fries, sprinkle with olive oil, salt/ pepper roast for 40 minutes - you will never want a regular french fry again!

I cheated - don't do it!
Shugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 179.6 on a quest to 140

Height: 5' 3''

Thank you all so much.
We're not allowed hummus are we?
JackBs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #26  

These are great thoughts (fromsalmon girl and mom2cs)to get me through the parties, bbqs, and happy hours-- think of food as fuel; and food is not for entertainment. I am going to be contemplating these thoughts as I host yet another dinner at my house.
The best tip of the week for me was everybody's suggestion to turn the puddings into shakes (I haven't tried the spinach yet, just adding more water). Wow, do I love these. It's like a rich and creamy milkshake--and filling too. Also, to alleviate boredom I suggest trying all the different products.
explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #27  

We are not allowed hummus (wish we were). I'm not sure about the other phases, but not in phase 1.
explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #28  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLaura View Post
Since you've just started I think it's reasonable to feel how you're feeling. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right combinations of food that work for your lifestyle and tastebuds! Do you like hummus? I find it SO satisfying with raw veggies.

Good luck!!
We can have hummus - on Phase 1? If so I missed that - cause I love hummus and definitely would look forward to having some.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Thank you all so much.
We're not allowed hummus are we?
Yes, if you make your own (commerical brands have tons of additives unless you can find hummus that would be IP allowable )
You just need....Roasted egg plant, roasted garlic, a little olive oil, a little lemon juice and a bit of sea salt....blend/puree it all together in Food processor and it makes for a wonderful veggie dip (remember to count the dip as part of your veggie allowance)or a spread for crepes. I've even stufffed a pork loin with this dip (roll/butterfly the pork loin out, spread dip on it, roll loin back up and bake) ...Yummo!!!

Last edited by wendywendy; 05-28-2012 at 05:25 PM.
wendywendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #30  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

is that faux hummus then? because hummus is made with chickpeas which arent allowed on phase 1.

JackBsMom- I totally understand how you feel. I myself have had a hard time on this diet. In fact, i cant eat the packets mostly, because of all the artificial sweetner so my choices are even more limited. So....i totally understand...however.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not cheat....I did it the first time i tried this program and not only regret it but it made it that much harder to stay on the program any other time. So far it has taken 6 times around before i have finally been able to make it this long without a cheat...I dont plan on cheating anymore...
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote