Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 172.2/153/140

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
How are you making your flatbreads out of your soups? I haven't done that one. Thanks for the suggestion.
Here is a link to the recipe. I have only tried it with broccoli & cheese soup, I only use 1 egg white and I add a bit of water to make it a thick batter consistency. Make sure you really Pam your baking paper or wax paper because mine stuck the first time
Old 04-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

OMG, you guys! Rhubarb has been on my mind all day! I sure hope I can find some pretty soon. Will go shopping tomorrow for sure.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
Here is a link to the recipe. I have only tried it with broccoli & cheese soup, I only use 1 egg white and I add a bit of water to make it a thick batter consistency. Make sure you really Pam your baking paper or wax paper because mine stuck the first time
Thank you, bunches.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #109  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurge View Post
If you are looking for Rhubarb in the Atlanta area the Buford Highway Farmer market has fresh Rhubarb all the time (at least they always have it when I go looking for it.) Only problem is its still sitting in my fridge I haven't really done anything with it. Any recipe tips for Rhubarb? Other than the one where you use the oatmeal Ip packet I prefer Crepe mix and chili as my restricteds...
Thanks for the info, Thurge.

I don't get to Atlanta a lot. We live right by Callaway Gardens. I like staying down here in the quiet country. I do go visit a friend in Griffin occasionally, so we'll have to make that one of our trips out exploring.

As for recipes. I like it pretty simple, just add a little water and microwave till soft and then add a little WF strawberry syrup. I grew up with it and pretty much always ate it just stewed with a tiny bit of sweetener.

Here is one using the cereal which is not restricted. I know how you feel about saving your restricted to your favorites.

Rhubarb upside down cake
I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal. Pour over cooked down rhubarb.
and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I put frozen rhubarb into brie baker and sprinkle a bit of Splenda on it and put in microwave two minutes; stir it up and put it back in for another minute.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Pour cereal mixture over rhubarb and put in oven until it browns nicely about 20 minutes.
The hardest part is to leave it alone long enough to let it cool enough to eat, it smells so good.

Molly
Old 04-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
Went on a couple of errands today with my grandma and sister. My sister asked how I was doing on my "diet thing"? I told her really good. I'm feeling good and losing weight. She said, "Oh, that's great!" Then walked over to the Pizza Hut Express Bar at Target and bought a pan pizza that she ate in my car. I took a deep breath, laughed inside, then thought heehee she's going to be fatter than me.... I know that awful, must be a sister thing. Anyways, no pizza for me and I feel really great about it!
LOL! That's funny, good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

Rhubarb upside down cake
I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal. Pour over cooked down rhubarb.
and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I put frozen rhubarb into brie baker and sprinkle a bit of Splenda on it and put in microwave two minutes; stir it up and put it back in for another minute.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Pour cereal mixture over rhubarb and put in oven until it browns nicely about 20 minutes.
The hardest part is to leave it alone long enough to let it cool enough to eat, it smells so good.

Molly
What a great recipe! If only I could find rhubarb...have been searching for the past 2 weeks...the only Whole Foods is 2.5 hours away...
Old 04-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #111  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
What a great recipe! If only I could find rhubarb...have been searching for the past 2 weeks...the only Whole Foods is 2.5 hours away...
Chloe, do you have a FarmBoy's Market near you? That's the one supermarket chain in my city (population 70,000+) that told me today they stock frozen rhubarb. I called my local Foodland, Real Canadian Superstore, Sobey's, and Metro Supermarkets as well... and FarmBoy's was the only place that said they regularly have it available.

Last edited by evepet; 04-19-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #112  

Height: 5'2

Ok, so that flatbread idea.. how about that! good one! So let's be honest.. how does it taste?
I am dying to make the chocolate drink mug cake. I think a big craving hit me today for it! Perhaps snack tonight!?

Hmm, all this rhubarb talk.. not sure I ever saw it in the grocery stores here, but I shall take a peek about!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #113  

FROZEN!!! lol yes, seen that all over. Was thinking fresh. Good thinking!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #114  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Just had WI #2 yesterday for a total of 10.8#.

And last night I drempt of ice cream. Not sure why. I'm going to make pudding for a snack tonight, maybe that will suffice.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

It's Almost Friday!!!!!
Congrats to everyone on your success this week.
Thank you all for sharing.
I would like to know how to boil and puree cauliflower, zuchinni, etc.
I would like to do this on Sunday, for the week? ( I like to put them in the soups.) I hate to cook and prep...less is best for me..plus I am soooo busy..long days.
It sounds crazy, but, my life is CRAZY!
Also,
I am finishing up a very succesful Day 7.
I feel pretty good. I am already stressing over how much weight I will lose.
I do not feel like I am dieting any more...kind of....
Old 04-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #116  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Hello everyone. Busy day, did not have time to check in with you all until now. I hope everyone had a great day. This board and IP have been wonderful for me these past three weeks! Have a good night.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

Molly

That is funny because I was reading to the end of the thread to see if anyone posted this recipe. I read the whole thread to keep occupied so i wouldn't bite into my delish rhubarb cake before it cools! It is best with a small pinch of salt.
I always seem to overdo that.

Chloe and evepet; the one place in Canada which always seems to have rhubarb is Safeway. I am always scared when I go there that they will not have it anymore and I buy bags of it each time.

Pat
Old 04-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #118  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Morning.

Today is the Big Day. Im going to my Ideal Protein workshop to start my journey, wish me luck. And as always Good Luck to Everyone on their goals!
Congratulations on starting your journey! I think you will find this program easy to follow and successful!!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #119  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

I have my first restaurant meal coming up on Tuesday. It's a buffet, I was told there was going to be filet, butmi'm not sure of the veggies. Before dinner I have a board meeting at 4, so I can't eat my meal earlier in the afternoon. Maybe I'll bring peppers or something to eat for a veggie.

I guess planning ahead is the way to handle these things. I'm bound and determined to stay on program.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #120  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Can someone explain why we need to be careful about eating things that are a little higher in salt, yet part of the diet includes consuming a 1/2 tsp of sea salt per day? Why could you not consume the salt from the foods you eat instead? Why would one cause retention and the other not?
Closed Thread