3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 04/19/2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/257291-ip-daily-chat-thursday-04-19-2012-a.html)

rissimo 04-19-2012 06:39 AM

IP Daily Chat Thursday 04/19/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Cadu 04-19-2012 07:08 AM

Good Morning Everybody

Running out bright & early to Whole Foods to finally get some Rhubarb. I have checked every local store around me and noone has it so I am taking the 40 minute ride to get it.. I hope thay have it.

Have a great OP day

prettyone 04-19-2012 07:33 AM

Good Morning.

Today is the Big Day. Im going to my Ideal Protein workshop to start my journey, wish me luck. And as always Good Luck to Everyone on their goals!

snolover 04-19-2012 07:35 AM

Have a super day everyone! The weekend is near...

sekc14 04-19-2012 07:40 AM

Some times even though I'm OP my weight loss slows or even reverses temporarily. I begin to wonder whether the amount of WF products and stevia I consume causes it? I'm not sure but, I don't think it is. Although, I've noticed that the more water I drink without additives like lemon, instant coffee, etc. the faster and more evenly weight comes off. I think weight loss ebbs and flows. If we make a change and the losses pick-up we think, that must've been it! Recently I stalled, then went up a few #'s and hovered there for 2 weeks even though I was OP. Suddenly I dropped 7 lbs over 4 days.

Teden 04-19-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4300065)
Good Morning Everybody

Running out bright & early to Whole Foods to finally get some Rhubarb. I have checked every local store around me and noone has it so I am taking the 40 minute ride to get it.. I hope thay have it.

Have a great OP day

OMG... I almost did the same thing this week. Our nearest whole foods is 40 miles away. Luckily, I told my mom about my plan and she told my that my grandmother had some rhubarb in her freezer. Score! I still can't find kale though...let us know if you find anything fun!

Ng951 04-19-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Good Morning Everybody

Have a great OP day

I went to whole foods last week. They had the rhubarb. It was good and the 45 minute ride was worth it lol. Nancy from the Cape

CassiR 04-19-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

I get mine at Whole Foods every week. It's in the freezer aisle though. Near the other frozen veggies. I hope you find it!
Quote:

Originally Posted by sekc14 (Post 4300093)
Some times even though I'm OP my weight loss slows or even reverses temporarily. I begin to wonder whether the amount of WF products and stevia I consume causes it? I'm not sure but, I don't think it is. Although, I've noticed that the more water I drink without additives like lemon, instant coffee, etc. the faster and more evenly weight comes off. I think weight loss ebbs and flows. If we make a change and the losses pick-up we think, that must've been it! Recently I stalled, then went up a few #'s and hovered there for 2 weeks even though I was OP. Suddenly I dropped 7 lbs over 4 days.

My coach just last week told me to cut down to only 2tsp of WF products per day. I've really cut it down and only a few days this week have used any at all. Also, I've cut out the soy sauce. That causes water retention! I drink at least a gallon of water per day, too. At WI last Saturday I was at 125.4 on theif scale and this morning I weighed myself at 123 (this would be 122 on their scale). That's a huge drop for me! And I still have 2 more days until my weigh in. Hope this helps and good luck!

lilone1357 04-19-2012 08:22 AM

Good Morning Everyone !!! Hope everyone has a GREAT Thursday !!!

WingnutandMe 04-19-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teden (Post 4300122)
OMG... I almost did the same thing this week. Our nearest whole foods is 40 miles away. Luckily, I told my mom about my plan and she told my that my grandmother had some rhubarb in her freezer. Score! I still can't find kale though...let us know if you find anything fun!

Hi Teden,
Know how you feel about not finding things. It went to lots of places looking for rhubarb. I grew up with my grandmother having it all down the side of her garage. It doesn't grow in the south, so I have to search for it. Kale, is easy to find. The Kroger store here has big bags of already chopped kale. But this is the south and they love chopped greens here, so it may be an exclusive. When we were just up in Michigan last week, we did not see kale in any form, but we were not in any major stores up there. We will have to start searching for sources of these things for when we retire up there. We've already planted rhubarb and looks like we'll have to be planting more things.

Carol, I hate telling you, I looked at the Whole Foods in Atlanta a few months ago for rhubarb and none there. But again, opposite the kale, rhubarb is a northern veggie and most people here don't have a clue what it is, so you don't find it much in the south. I finally found some frozen at a place called Fresh Market. I know that's a chain, but don't know how far reaching it's locations are. For the past few weeks, I have been buying fresh rhubarb at Kroger. That was nice, but I see it's gone now. I had it so much during that time, I've burned myself out on it anyway.

Good luck on the search.
Molly

Dakin 04-19-2012 08:42 AM

Good morning IP Family!
It's so nice logging on and seeing so many names I know! Wishing everyone a great day OP. I've got to get a ton of grading done today! I had planned to space it out over the week, but with the new baby arriving, my plans got kinda messed up.
So pumped from my WI yesterday that I know I'll have no problem being strong today.
Keep smiling!!!

Tripmama 04-19-2012 09:00 AM

GM iPeeps
Another busy day today and WI tomorrow...feeling skinny hope the scale tells the same tale.

Have a great day!

mtnsun4 04-19-2012 09:01 AM

Good morning all! I haven't been able to post for a while. My crazy life.....lol. Down -2lbs this week. I know I have not been getting all my water so I really need to work on that. Need to set the coffee down and drink more water!

Hope everyone has a great day!

KBig 04-19-2012 09:04 AM

GM IPeeps.... last nite was ruff nite .... not in terms of being hungry or tempted... but my hormones were out of wack ... I get bad mood swings during pre-TOM... omg my emotions were allll over the place last nite. I was in a foul emotional funk ... for no dang reason. PMSing on top of being in ketosis, and hormones being released into my system .... uuuuugh I got in a hot bath around 830 got in the bed with some chamomile tea to relax and calm my manic moodswings.... and I COULDNT GO TO SLEEP! WTH?? the nite time gods were messing with me sumthin' awful last nite. I finally went to sleep and in a lovely mood... all refreshed and at the other end of the mood scale. Drank my Orange Drink, smile on my face... last day here at my current job... starting a better and brand new jobby job on Monday...

Im in a delicious mood.... but last nite was horrible... and comical at the same time.

IP... OP yall !!!

get it IN ~

booklady231 04-19-2012 09:08 AM

Good Luck.............

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettyone (Post 4300087)
Good Morning.

Today is the Big Day. Im going to my Ideal Protein workshop to start my journey, wish me luck. And as always Good Luck to Everyone on their goals!

Good Luck to you! This is a fantastic program!