Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 260/212/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Wow Wuv got this off to an early start- I haven't even gone to bed yet. Just went to see He Vow...enjoyed it. WIs are on Fridays. Looking forward to that. Made yummy mushroom soup for dinner last night.V
It is interesting..I have lost 40 pounds now since my bday in Nov and nobody,except my son and sister, has noticed or said anything. I have gotten two compliments on my new cut and color, even though I haven't been to the hairstylist since my bday either. Lol...it is like they know something is different,but...it is interesting.

Well TGIF
The same thing here I lost 38.5 and only 2 people said anything and one said do you know you are losing weight? Like you have ever lost weight without trying, it kinda hurts when people have lots to say about me being heavy and nothing to say as you lose it.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 260/212/175

Height: 5'8"

Default exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieak View Post
Good Morning all
This is day 14 for me, I'm discouraged in the slow weight loss this week, the last 4 days I have gone down one pound and up one pound, yesterday I added additional 16 oz water for total of 80 oz and did 30 min on treadmill. I've been 100% on program, I know the inches are going away but the scale is frustrating. I'm hanging in there though because I know the scale doesn't tell the whole story....happy Friday
They say for the first month you should not exercise because you kidneys are getting rid of ketones so when we exercise our kidneys have to get rid of those enzymes and it could slow down weight loss it is in a pdf file from Ideal protein.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #33  
Jackieak

S/C/G: 147/135/118

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
You may have to add 1/2 packet before and 1/2 packet after your treadmill. It's possibe you aren't consuming enough calories to support your exercise. When that happens, your body can go into starvation mode and hold on to everything. This is just my opinion.
I haven't been exercising for it wears me out, I used to allot. I felt like it may move the scale, actually thought maybe turnips twice this week did it, I did eat soy puffs right after treadmill, I may need to modify something, thank you for reply
Old 03-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
I woke up feel "skinny" today too! I love those days!

I've had people comment about my complexion as well. The program must change something there other than making our faces thinner!

I like mani/pedi's as rewards. Also, clothing is a great reward depending on the milestone. I did a reward at my first mini-goal of 10% of my weight (mani). I just reached onederland and contemplating what my next reward will be. I like to do gel nails, so maybe I'll get a new color to wear for spring!

I love "shopping" in my own closet. I just pulled a shirt out this morning that I hadn't worn in a while because it was too tight. Fits great today!
Hi Mama,
I also wanted to say that your new photo is great, you are looking thinner!!

Enjoy!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Hello everyone,

Reading all your NSV, this morning, is really encouraging! Way to go.

This is my third day on IP and I was beginning to despair on finding any IP product that I enjoy. However, just made the Mug Cake using the Vanilla drink and sdding some cinnamon...great! I was wondering if anyone has ever tried making the Mug Cake using the chocolate pudding instead of the chocolate drink? I remember reading that the chocolate pudding is a lot lower in carbs and can be watered down to resemble the chocolate drink.

Also tried the Krispy Kale yesterday, in the hopes that the extra salt would help with the headache/nausea. No luck there but I do feel much better today.

In addition to the information we get in our handouts, my coach told me that the following are "free";
Kale
Dill Pickles
Dentine Fire Gum
Nestea diet iced tea and diet green tea (in pop cans)

Has anybody else been told of other "freebies" not listed in the handouts? I didn't buy and restricted products as I want to maximize my initial weight loss so I am hesitant to use the gum and iced tea...

I am also having a lot of trouble digesting the supplements although I always have them with my IP meal/snack. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I can't tell you how much reading about all of your success has motivated me.
Love to see those tickers. Keep it up everyone and have a great OP Friday!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #36  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieak View Post
Good Morning all
This is day 14 for me, I'm discouraged in the slow weight loss this week, the last 4 days I have gone down one pound and up one pound, yesterday I added additional 16 oz water for total of 80 oz and did 30 min on treadmill. I've been 100% on program, I know the inches are going away but the scale is frustrating. I'm hanging in there though because I know the scale doesn't tell the whole story....happy Friday
Take it easy on the exercising for the first month and eat some protein before and after (my coach recommends an IP protein before and a hard boiled egg after). Also the 3rd week and sometimes the 4th week are notoriously slow weight loss weeks. This happens because you generally loose so much the first week and second week that your body needs a bit of a break. Hang in there, exercise "gently" and next week should be better.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Height: 5'2

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful IP day!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

I will post this in the clothing exchange also, but wanted to let everyone know I have a pair of 20W blue jeans, 33" inseam that I would be happy to pass along to someone. If you are interested, PM me.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #39  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilouve View Post
Hello everyone,

This is my third day on IP and I was beginning to despair on finding any IP product that I enjoy. However, just made the Mug Cake using the Vanilla drink and sdding some cinnamon...great! I was wondering if anyone has ever tried making the Mug Cake using the chocolate pudding instead of the chocolate drink? I remember reading that the chocolate pudding is a lot lower in carbs and can be watered down to resemble the chocolate drink.

Also tried the Krispy Kale yesterday, in the hopes that the extra salt would help with the headache/nausea. No luck there but I do feel much better today.

In addition to the information we get in our handouts, my coach told me that the following are "free";
Kale
Dill Pickles
Dentine Fire Gum

Has anybody else been told of other "freebies" not listed in the handouts? I didn't buy and restricted products as I want to maximize my initial weight loss so I am hesitant to use the gum and iced tea...

I am also having a lot of trouble digesting the supplements although I always have them with my IP meal/snack. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Enjoy the restricted foods. IP has done studies showing that people loose just as well eating the restricted foods as those that don't. Many of us have been eating them from the very first day and we have had great losses. Truthfully I don't know what I would have done if I couldn't enjoy a bar for breakfast every morning. In 5 1/2 months I've lost close to 75 pounds eating one restricted item per day. So go and enjoy yourself.

I've been chewing one to two pieces of gum a day with no problems. As for the tea, I just stick to herbal decaf tea and lots and lots of water. Welcome to IP and best of luck with this new way of eating.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Kale
Dill Pickles
Dentine Fire Gum

Are you a coffee lover? My fav IP product is the chocolate drink mixed in a blender with ice and brewed coffee (not water). I have it for my breakfast and lunch IP product everyday. Have you tried the double chocolate bar? It makes me feel like I'm eating a brownie (kinda).

I've been told that celery and cucumbers are free. I keep them chopped up in the fridge so I can grab them at any time. I don't over do it, but use them if I'm feeling really hungry. It seems to do the trick.

Hang in there. IP does work! Before you know it, you are going to see great changes. You're going to love it It will totally be worth all the sacrifice.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #41  

Question Ip

Has anyone tried using almond milk rather than skim milk? It has more protein, fewer carbs, less sugar, and fewer calories. My coach wasn't sure about it and said she "would check". Thoughts from the blog world? I feel like I get more support and info from these chats than I do from my coach... Thanks for any help you can offer!

P.S. Just starting this journey. Tired of being tied to my weight. Ready to have more confidence, feel better, love life again! At 186 now. Goal is 150.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Kale
Dill Pickles
Dentine Fire Gum
originally the ONLY thing that was free was lettuce, now some coaches are saying cucumbers- but theres no rule as if that meant pickles too- I've never heard anyone say Kale was free

I would be curious to know if anyone else has been told about the diet teas in a can- I'll check the ingredients next time at the store- it would be nice to have a "portable" drink other than water
Old 03-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 225/211/130

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Kale
Dill Pickles
Dentine Fire Gum

I love the restricteds and they haven't slowed down my weight loss at all. My favourite breakfast is the cappuccino mixed with coffee and a dash of cinnamon, it's like getting a special coffee from Starbucks w/out the whipped cream! And I love the pina colada drink blended with ice. I find that if I am feeling really hungry and I have a piece of gum, I forget how hungry I am because I'm chewing something - all psychological I guess - just think if you are really starving would you be willing to eat an entire raw tomato or onion? If not then you are fine and can wait until the next meal! It's all about tricking your mind
Old 03-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydocmom View Post
Are you a coffee lover? My fav IP product is the chocolate drink mixed in a blender with ice and brewed coffee (not water). I have it for my breakfast and lunch IP product everyday. Have you tried the double chocolate bar? It makes me feel like I'm eating a brownie (kinda).

I've been told that celery and cucumbers are free. I keep them chopped up in the fridge so I can grab them at any time. I don't over do it, but use them if I'm feeling really hungry. It seems to do the trick.

Hang in there. IP does work! Before you know it, you are going to see great changes. You're going to love it It will totally be worth all the sacrifice.
Have you ever tried baking kale? I made kale "chips" by using the small amount of olive oil we are allowed, sea salt, and chopped kale. Put in the oven at 375 til they have browned edges and are crispy. I love them! My husband isn't a fan, but that just means more leftovers for my "freebie" stash!
Old 03-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #45  
Joy

S/C/G: 197.5/177/142

Height: 5'9"

Default Day 3

This is my 3rd day also. I woke up with a huge headache, but wasn't surprised. I drank a choc drink and that helped, but the coffee is helping more.

Really did not like the mushroom soup yesterday and couldn't finish it. My coach told me to eat all of everything, but I just couldn't. I'll have to look at some of the recipies to alter things a bit. Mostly, I don't like the powder taste.

So far, I feel that I am doing pretty well. I am looking forward to my first weigh in.
Closed Thread