Old 07-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

I'll be joining this tread "officially" on Sunday- CANT WAIT!!!!!!!
NOVAScents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 148/144/128

Height: 5'5 and a half.....because the half is so important :)

save
Julie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:43 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

hello all, my name is Stephanie, this thread has helped me a lot. I read through a lot of it before even getting to phase 3, thanks!

I started phase three on Sunday and I have felt really moody/depressed has anyone else run into this in phase 3? I don't think it is from losing as the scale hasn't moved a bunch. Thank you

Stephanie
Stefany1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:30 AM   #214  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Hi. Will be starting in a week. Must say filled with anxiety! Hope it gets easier!
Tmg1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:06 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 138/120/115

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmomof4 View Post
If anyone has a spreadsheet already created that they use for Phase 3 breakfasts, I'd love to have it emailed to me at [email protected]
Thanks,
Shawna
Did you ever end up finding one of these? If so, can you please share with me? My email is [email protected].

Thank you so much! Hope phase 3 is going well for you. I'm so nervous of re-gaining!

Best,
Christine

chremme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #216  

Wink First Phase 3 breakfast : HELP!

Good morning!

I had my first breakfast on Phase 3 this morning and was wondering if I could get some feedback on it as I'm still super confused and unsure about how to handle this phase.

BREAKFAST TODAY:
1 slice of bread: 35 cal 0 fat 8 carb 2 protein
1 hard-boiled egg: 78 cal 5.3 fat .5 carb 6.29 protein
Yogurt cup: 45 cal 2 fat 3 carb 5 protein
1 cup of strawberries: 53 cal .5 fat 12.75 carb 1.11 protein
1/2 IP vanilla pudding: 45 cal .5 fat 1 carb 9 protein
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
256 cal 8.3 fat 25.25 carb 21.6 protein

I've fallen in love with mixing IP vanilla pudding packets with iced coffee in the morning, so used a half pack this morning (since I noticed my protein levels were low anyway). Is this okay?

I still have an IP Crispy Cereal packet as well as an Omelet IP packet, can I use these at breakfast to supplement the rest of my meal?

Same goes for dinner... I have a ton of Chicken soup packets left, if I use one to cook with, should I still be getting my 8 oz. of meat protein with that meal?

I apologize for so many questions, just want to make sure I don't screw this up and backtrack!

I must say, the yogurt and strawberries I had this morning were sooooooo amazing. Well worth the wait

Thanks, all. Have a great day!
Christine

One for each phase
Old 08-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 223/172/180

Height: 5'10"

I am starting phase 3 and am very confused I have looked and got a few ideas for breakfast but have found 2 different programs for lunch and supper. One says you can have any vegetable and the other says we are still limited. Which is right? Also can I still drink my protein shake in the morning to count toward my protein or do I need to eat protein? My coach isn't very helpful and I am doing alot of research on my own. Also how to you update your profile? I am new at this forum.

Last edited by snobear3; 08-02-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: need to add more questions
snobear3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #218  

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=chremme;4423677]Good morning!

I had my first breakfast on Phase 3 this morning and was wondering if I could get some feedback on it as I'm still super confused and unsure about how to handle this phase.

BREAKFAST TODAY:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've fallen in love with mixing IP vanilla pudding packets with iced coffee in the morning, so used a half pack this morning (since I noticed my protein levels were low anyway). Is this okay?

I still have an IP Crispy Cereal packet as well as an Omelet IP packet, can I use these at breakfast to supplement the rest of my meal?

Same goes for dinner... I have a ton of Chicken soup packets left, if I use one to cook with, should I still be getting my 8 oz. of meat protein with that meal?

I'm not an expert by any means. I started phase 3 on 7/28 after quite a few discussions with my coach and reading a lot here.

You want your breakfast to be at least 400 calories; you want to be between 400 and 500 calories every day in phase 3. So the breakfast you selected needs larger portions to make it work. If you enjoy the half packet in your coffee, I would go ahead and keep that.

There are some great posts from LizRR, whose coach offered lectures on Phase 2 and 3, which she has summarized. Basically, in Phase 2 you add a "real protein" to lunch in place of the packet. This both bumps up your calorie intake AND starts you working on being able to process the real foods instead of the easy to digest packets. In Phase 3, you are introducing real foods at breakfast only, again bumping up calories and replacing easy to digest packets. Don't use your packets for breakfast as you need to train your body to digest real food. You can use your remaining packets once a day for snack and you can use your packets for snacks in Phase 4. If you want cereal or an omelet, then get actual cereal (oatmeal, unsweetened whatever you like, etc) or make an omelet (you can use a combo of whole eggs and egg whites to up protein without fat).

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobear3 View Post
I am starting phase 3 and am very confused I have looked and got a few ideas for breakfast but have found 2 different programs for lunch and supper. One says you can have any vegetable and the other says we are still limited. Which is right? Also can I still drink my protein shake in the morning to count toward my protein or do I need to eat protein? My coach isn't very helpful and I am doing alot of research on my own. Also how to you update your profile? I am new at this forum.
Per the most recent sheet, the only change you are making is to breakfast. Phase 2 lunch and supper should be 8 oz of protein at each and following the same Phase 1 "rules" for vegetables. Phase 3 should be just the change to breakfast, with lunch and dinner the same as Phase 2.

Hope that helps you both.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #219  

Red face

This is sooooooo helpful. Thank you very much for your guidance! This website and people IPers like you are the greatest motivation. Thanks again!

Best
c

[QUOTE=infoplease;4425162]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chremme View Post
Good morning!

BREAKFAST TODAY:

I'm not an expert by any means. I started phase 3 on 7/28 after quite a few discussions with my coach and reading a lot here.

You want your breakfast to be at least 400 calories; you want to be between 400 and 500 calories every day in phase 3. So the breakfast you selected needs larger portions to make it work. If you enjoy the half packet in your coffee, I would go ahead and keep that.

There are some great posts from LizRR, whose coach offered lectures on Phase 2 and 3, which she has summarized. Basically, in Phase 2 you add a "real protein" to lunch in place of the packet. This both bumps up your calorie intake AND starts you working on being able to process the real foods instead of the easy to digest packets. In Phase 3, you are introducing real foods at breakfast only, again bumping up calories and replacing easy to digest packets. Don't use your packets for breakfast as you need to train your body to digest real food. You can use your remaining packets once a day for snack and you can use your packets for snacks in Phase 4. If you want cereal or an omelet, then get actual cereal (oatmeal, unsweetened whatever you like, etc) or make an omelet (you can use a combo of whole eggs and egg whites to up protein without fat).

Per the most recent sheet, the only change you are making is to breakfast. Phase 2 lunch and supper should be 8 oz of protein at each and following the same Phase 1 "rules" for vegetables. Phase 3 should be just the change to breakfast, with lunch and dinner the same as Phase 2.

Hope that helps you both.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 192/see ticker/140

Height: 5'-4"

I also have a question about the different phase 3 protocols out there:

My sheet says 10g max fat but the one in the stickies says 15g. Which is correct? I have been using 10g and that is usually the number I have to watch.
Baracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #221  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
I also have a question about the different phase 3 protocols out there:

My sheet says 10g max fat but the one in the stickies says 15g. Which is correct? I have been using 10g and that is usually the number I have to watch.
The one in the stickies was posted in January 2012. It agrees with my information which says "Revised 12/2/11" in the corner.
I think 15g of fat is "correct" in that it is the latest protocol revision.

You could do the first week at 10g max and the second week at 15g max or just go with the 15g max. The 5g of fat is about 45 calories, if you are having trouble getting to 400 calories or staying below 500 calories, you can keep that in mind.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #222  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

OMG - I went a little nutzo last night dreaming about my first Phase 3 breakfast...tomorrow I start Phase 2, today is my final Phase 1 WI!!! I posted up a few options in the thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-ideas-3.html

I'll update with nutritional info soon, and some pictures when I make them!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 215/207/165

Height: 5'8"

Default yogurt

If you have a krogers near you they a a carb master yogurt that has only 4 carbs and it taste pretty good, hope this helps

Bettyboop56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
me too... I keep intending to make a spreadsheet that has what end up being my favorites, but will probably just come up with 5 or so breakfasts and do them over and over. I've tried to do something different every day just for fun.

Am hoping to find the Chobani yogurt today that has more protein in it than the one my local store had. Lots of label reading!
bettyboop56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #224  

I found "Dannon light 'n' fit diabetic friendly" reduced sugar yogurt at Jewel-Osco.

For one cup, the nutrition facts are:
45 cal / 2 fat / 3 carb / 5 protein

Has anyone else tried this?
Old 08-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #225  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quickly gotta get back to the lab - but I scanned in some Phase 3 / 4 handouts from my coach.

The Phase 3 Handout has some calorie/nutrition counts and menu ideas. The Phase 3_4 Workshop goes over some extra Phase 4 information.

Not sure if it's already posted on here somewhere - just thought if so, another place wouldn't hurt!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Phase 3 Handout.pdf (395.3 KB, 348 views)
File Type: pdf Phase 3_4 Workshop.pdf (476.7 KB, 490 views)

Last edited by LizRR; 08-03-2012 at 03:28 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote