Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 11:32 PM   #1  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Default Ideal Protein Monthly Chat - May 2019

Thought I would start a little chat thread for this month! I'm starting week #3... yesterdays WI was down 2lb, but also TOM started yesterday - so hoping next WI is even better, explains why I felt so bloated all of a sudden.
I'm trying to keep up with my meal planning. Keeping on top of my veggies is always my struggle, that and weekends! I wasn't so faithful with my vitamins my first IP round, but so far on track.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:19 AM   #2  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning!
I also do my best to plan ahead and check menus before going out. It is really helpful. The weekends are tough because I’m out of routine with my kids activity schedule but I do my best. If anything I don’t eat enough on the weekends, but it hasn’t seem to do any damage so far. I’ve been on IP for almost 7 months now and am now trying to figure out the best plan for maintenance. Maintenance is where I struggle most .
Old 05-03-2019, 04:39 PM   #3  

I know it's my TOM this week - but I can't shake this bloaty, cravy feeling. I am OP, but did go out for dinner last night - ordered a Thai beef salad, the dressing might not have been 100%, but I diligently picked out the carrots,lol!
It's only week 3 for me - trying to keep moving forward and ignore my hormonal cravings. I weigh myself regularly, but am not very emotional about the number - although it has been stuck the past few days, but I also working out regularly now (weightlifting) and hoping I will have a big WHOOSH soon!
I have built up a nice stash of IP food - my coach has "out of date" products 50% off, so I have been buying 4 boxes/wk of all the unrestricted boxes she had - so I have quite a collection of Pineapple Banana Drink Mix, Potato Puree, Broccoli Cheese Soup, and Strawberry banana RTD. She has some restricted boxes I never saw before on my first IP round - "Macaroni & Cheese" and "Mushroom Rotini". Any reviews, good or bad? I typically don't enjoy the IP food on their own - so I am expecting to have to doctor them up somehow....
I added some Gelatin to the Strawberry Banana RTD and made a "fruit jello" with diced jicama - I think I'm going to try mixing the RTD with some vanilla RTD and do the same thing - I'm not 100% fan of the straight strawberry RTD.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliehel View Post
Good morning!
I also do my best to plan ahead and check menus before going out. It is really helpful. The weekends are tough because I’m out of routine with my kids activity schedule but I do my best. If anything I don’t eat enough on the weekends, but it hasn’t seem to do any damage so far. I’ve been on IP for almost 7 months now and am now trying to figure out the best plan for maintenance. Maintenance is where I struggle most .

I need to stop whining to myself about being on IP 3 weeks....7 months is awesome! I'm the same - weekdays are strict 100% - weekends are the struggle...

Last edited by LizRR; 05-03-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:57 AM   #5  
Started IP 1/29/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I know it's my TOM this week - but I can't shake this bloaty, cravy feeling. I am OP, but did go out for dinner last night - ordered a Thai beef salad, the dressing might not have been 100%, but I diligently picked out the carrots,lol!
It's only week 3 for me - trying to keep moving forward and ignore my hormonal cravings. I weigh myself regularly, but am not very emotional about the number - although it has been stuck the past few days, but I also working out regularly now (weightlifting) and hoping I will have a big WHOOSH soon!
I have built up a nice stash of IP food - my coach has "out of date" products 50% off, so I have been buying 4 boxes/wk of all the unrestricted boxes she had - so I have quite a collection of Pineapple Banana Drink Mix, Potato Puree, Broccoli Cheese Soup, and Strawberry banana RTD. She has some restricted boxes I never saw before on my first IP round - "Macaroni & Cheese" and "Mushroom Rotini". Any reviews, good or bad? I typically don't enjoy the IP food on their own - so I am expecting to have to doctor them up somehow....
I added some Gelatin to the Strawberry Banana RTD and made a "fruit jello" with diced jicama - I think I'm going to try mixing the RTD with some vanilla RTD and do the same thing - I'm not 100% fan of the straight strawberry RTD.
i think it’s great you aren’t emotional about the number on the scale. I am trying to get there, but I still feel like the number sets my tone for how I start my day. For now I’m trying not to weigh every day. Hormonal cravings are really tough. I chew lots of gum during this time, lol. I haven’t tried the Mac and cheese or mushroom rotini and have read mixed reviews. Same for me, I always make the packets into something else. Have a great Sunday!
Old 05-05-2019, 10:14 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Joining you all starting tomorrow, May 6!!! So glad to see a group starting up again here!! Its SO, SO helpful!! We can do it!! 💕💕💕
Old 05-06-2019, 11:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Good morning All. My weight has stalled the last few weeks due to stress (I thought I had under control). The thought of cheating has crossed my mind several times but it sucks being 100% on plan and seeing no results.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

Default IP for basics?

I did IP many years ago and have since lost all my info. The closest center that sells IP is over 100 miles. Any place I can look on here for plan basics and where to order products.
Thanks
Old 05-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuc1013 View Post
I did IP many years ago and have since lost all my info. The closest center that sells IP is over 100 miles. Any place I can look on here for plan basics and where to order products.
Thanks
This thread from the sticky has a list of all the sheets for each Phase. Semi-current I believe - things changed on the sheet from when I did it 7 years ago.
https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ide...ml#post5040423
Old 05-06-2019, 02:39 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusblossom View Post
Joining you all starting tomorrow, May 6!!! So glad to see a group starting up again here!! Its SO, SO helpful!! We can do it!! 💕💕💕
Woo-Hoo! We can do it! I need support...I admit to having wine this weekend. Need to get back to 100%, weekends are HARD! I never cheated my 1st time and had great success - need to time travel to 7 years ago LizRR.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:57 PM   #11  
Started IP 1/29/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuc1013 View Post
Thanks
I am not associated with a center and I get some products on eBay. I have also found comparable products and less expensive on the Nashua Nutrition and Netrition websites. Nashua actually has a category that breaks down products being IP restricted or unrestricted. Very helpful...good luck!
Old 05-08-2019, 12:08 AM   #12  

Woo-Hoo! WI #3 down 4lb! My blood pressure is still on the high side (also checked up with my Dr.). We are holding off on medication until more time on IP (I'm doing it through my Dr. office), she agrees these lifestyle changes can only improve my HBP, which is on the high side of pre-hypertensive. So hopefully my next 6 week BP checkup will be even better!
Old 05-08-2019, 05:35 AM   #13  
Started IP 1/29/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Woo-Hoo! WI #3 down 4lb! My blood pressure is still on the high side (also checked up with my Dr.). We are holding off on medication until more time on IP (I'm doing it through my Dr. office), she agrees these lifestyle changes can only improve my HBP, which is on the high side of pre-hypertensive. So hopefully my next 6 week BP checkup will be even better!
Hey Liz, congrats on the weight loss! I had to be on BP medicine before IP and then once a decent amount of weight came off I was able to come off the meds. Crazy how dependent elevated BP and increased weight are. You got this!
Old 05-13-2019, 12:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,

Getting back on track today! Hoping for company Had good success a few years ago, then my husband passed away suddenly and I gave up on most everything. Fortunately 6 months later, I moved 1/2 way across the country to be closer to family. God blessed myself and my daughter and I remarried and now I have to take good care of me!

Wishing you all a wonderful day - I plan on posting daily and also posting my menu!

Take care and love to all...

Last edited by cactusflower; 05-13-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:53 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
Hi all,

Getting back on track today! Hoping for company Had good success a few years ago, then my husband passed away suddenly and I gave up on most everything. Fortunately 6 months later, I moved 1/2 way across the country to be closer to family. God blessed myself and my daughter and I remarried and now I have to take good care of me!

Wishing you all a wonderful day - I plan on posting daily and also posting my menu!

Take care and love to all...
Welcome back Cactusflower
Closed Thread