Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #211  

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1978 View Post
Here is one more question for now. Does Nashua ever have coupon codes?

Survalia - It is the sweetest thing ever! I may have to take her up on it!
Nashua does have coupon codes. I know i've gotten 10% off on protiet or protithin (don't remember which) and I also have gotten a free hot chocolate sample with a coupon code on the same order. I found them just by googling nashua coupons.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Ok. I ordered a bunch of the Chocolate RTD's from New Lifestyles and some Caramel Nut Bars and the Chocolate Soy Puffs from Nashua. I should be set for 6-8 weeks.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #213  
Starting WB 2/11/13

S/C/G: 266.2/201.8/160

Height: 5'4

I have been thinking heavily about switching to the alternatives plan. I am going to check out costco and walmart for products that people have listed on here that they use. I'm going to tally everything up and decide. The only question that I have is for people in Canada, Where do you get the Cal-Mag, Multi-Vitamin and Potassium Pills from? What do you use?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 234/209/180

Height: 6'0"

Wow. I placed an order with Nashua at 10:19 a.m. I received an e-mail notification that it had been picked up at 2:39 p.m. That's service!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

[QUOTE=lindsayk86;4274229]I have been thinking heavily about switching to the alternatives plan. I am going to check out costco and walmart for products that people have listed on here that they use. I'm going to tally everything up and decide. The only question that I have is for people in Canada, Where do you get the Cal-Mag, Multi-Vitamin and Potassium Pills from? What do you use?

When I was going to a coach I went to my weigh in after I had finished my bottle of the multi-vitamin and she didn't have any that day. She told me to pick up vitamins at Walmart because they were the same thing. I thought what????

I just get the equivalents at Costco or Walmart. I take the calcium and magnesium separately because I take more of the magnesium while on the plan because calcium iWhen I was going to a coach I went to my weigh in after I had finished my bottle of the multi-vitamin and she didn't have any that day. She told me to pick up vitamins at Walmart because they were the same thing. I thought what????

I just get the equivalents at Costco or Walmart. I take the calcium and magnesium separately because I take more of the magnesium while on the plan because calcium increases constipation.
The potassium one is the hard on to replace. If you have a Dr B clinic near by that might be a good place to check. ncreases constipation.
The potassium one is the hard on to replace. If you have a Dr B clinic near by that might be a good place to check.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #216  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayk86 View Post
I have been thinking heavily about switching to the alternatives plan. I am going to check out costco and walmart for products that people have listed on here that they use. I'm going to tally everything up and decide. The only question that I have is for people in Canada, Where do you get the Cal-Mag, Multi-Vitamin and Potassium Pills from? What do you use?

Thanks in advance
I did notice that Dr. Bernstein's sells supplements online which I think could be a good substitute. Have a look here:
http://store.drbdiet.com/category-s/22.htm
Or of course you could drop by a local Dr. B's if you have one.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #217  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I did notice that Dr. Bernstein's sells supplements online which I think could be a good substitute. Have a look here:
http://store.drbdiet.com/category-s/22.htm
Or of course you could drop by a local Dr. B's if you have one.
I went by a clinic the other day and picked up some products but didn't need any supplements, I thought about them later when I got home and checked to see if you can get them online.

They ship from Ontario and the shipping costs are outragous. I tried to put in just two boxes of cocoa just to see how expensive it was. The lowest shipping was $54 for just the two small boxes.

But if you can go by a clinic everything is much cheaper than IP and they sell to everyone.Lots of their products are identical to IP.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 03-30-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #218  

I made the cake in a mug with the Dr B's cocoa and it worked!
Only problem was that one made me want more. But I guess that is just an old cake mindset.

Mom thanks for the tip on the coupons. I never though to search for them.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 03-31-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #219  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
I have tried the HealthSmart bars. There's a peanut butter one that tastes like reese's PB cup. So YUMMY!!
I just ordered these because I LOVE PB cups!! I'm so excited to get them. I ordered from Nashua, along with a huge jug of the Proti-Diet oatmeal that I like - thanks for the suggestions everyone!
Old 03-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #220  
Started IP 3/26/12

Default Re Question re The Low Carb Grocery - is bulk available?

I believe it was Chloe222 that asked me that question.

I've just had another thorough look around the website, and to the best of my knowledge bulk isn't available.

I just ordered some more WF products. The only other place I can know of where I can buy it is the clinic I signed up at, and they charge $7.38/product, compared to $4.59 here.

This online low carb grocery service acknowledges the order by sending an email within an hour of placing it, then send another one when the order has been 'picked'... and another when it's actually been put into shipment. My order from last Wednesday was delivered on Friday am. Of course, the store is located just east of Markham, Ontario, and I live in a city which is in central Ontario.

Here's the link again, in case anyone wants to look around their website.
http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/cat...sort=2a&page=2
Old 03-31-2012, 04:23 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I believe it was Chloe222 that asked me that question.

I've just had another thorough look around the website, and to the best of my knowledge bulk isn't available.

I just ordered some more WF products. The only other place I can know of where I can buy it is the clinic I signed up at, and they charge $7.38/product, compared to $4.59 here.

This online low carb grocery service acknowledges the order by sending an email within an hour of placing it, then send another one when the order has been 'picked'... and another when it's actually been put into shipment. My order from last Wednesday was delivered on Friday am. Of course, the store is located just east of Markham, Ontario, and I live in a city which is in central Ontario.

Here's the link again, in case anyone wants to look around their website.
http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/cat...sort=2a&page=2
Netrition charges $3.79 for many Waldon Farms products in general plus has a flat $4.95 S&H in the US. Might want to check if they ship to Canada.

Last edited by Chloe222; 03-31-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:55 PM   #222  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Netrition charges $3.79 for many Waldon Farms products in general plus has a flat $4.95 S&H in the US. Might want to check if they ship to Canada.
Thanks for the suggestion. I knew I'd looked at netrition.com earlier this week and discarded it.... I just went back in, plugged in about 8 WF products and tested the shipping cost situation to my area in Ontario, Canada. They were going to charge me more for shipping (even at the least expensive option which could take at least 2 weeks to get here) than the cost of the products. Guess that's why I discarded netrition as a possible source earlier this week.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:17 PM   #223  

Just wanted to post, for those who use the EAS Carb AdvantEDGE RTD drinks, Target has them on sale for $4.26 per 4 pack, and they have the Pure Protein bars for $5.39.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquilts View Post
Just wanted to post, for those who use the EAS Carb AdvantEDGE RTD drinks, Target has them on sale for $4.26 per 4 pack, and they have the Pure Protein bars for $5.39.
Just picked up 5 boxes of the bars. BTW, I refrigerated the Pure Protein S'mores Bars and OMG, they tasted like a frozen Milky Way, sooooo good!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #225  

Ooh, I'll have to try that! I picked up a box of those because I hadn't seen them at Walmart (or if I did, I decided against them, I don't remember). I got 2 boxes of the strawberry drink, 2 boxes of the French Vanilla and a box each of the S'mores and the chocolate chip cookie one. I have a whole case of the chocolate fudge I got at Sam's Club last week, so I'm pretty well set for the next several weeks!

I will keep buying the white chocolate cinnamon bars from IP, though. Holy cow, are those things good!
Closed Thread