Old 03-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #16  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawners View Post
Are any of you taking Synthroid for your hypo-thyroid? My TSH got totally whacked out, and I just learned that I shouldn't take calcium, iron, and a few other minerals within a 4 hour window of taking the Synthroid. So, if I take it at 5, that means I can't take my MV until 9/10. Can hold off on all of the supplements till lunch, or is it vital that the supplements are taking at breakfast?

Thanks for any help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawners View Post
Chloe222,

That sounds like a good plan. I usually don't get up in the middle of the night, but perhaps I can force the issue by drinking a great big glass of water before going to bed. :>)

If I don't wake up in the middle of the night, do you think it would mess the diet up if I move the morning supplements to 10ish? Or do they need to be taken with food?
I'm another hypothyroid chick on Synthroid. I take my Synthroid first thing in the morning with a big glass of water, then take my MVI and K/Ca just before leaving the house about an hour later... I know it isn't far enough (4 hrs) away from my Synth. but I'm worried I'll forget to take the supplements if I don't take them before I go to work...
I'm due for a recheck of all my blood work about 5 1/2 months after starting IP, as I have an appt w/ my internist at 6 months (happened to see her the week I started IP) so will reassess then...
I like the idea of taking the MVI and K/Ca at lunch though - maybe I should try harder to do that...
momof2greatcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #17  
Started IP 02/01/2012

S/C/G: 179.6/156.4/145

Height: 5'4

I take my synthroid at about 730 am and I have a ip shake at about 830 and my vitimins at about 11am. I am also anemic so I have to take a high dose of iron....I know annoying lol my doctor said my spacing was fine any my levels are good soooo as far as the soy thing? I have no idea I personally have been fine......
idealme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 250/180/170

Thanks to everyone for your thought/advice on when to take the supplements. It was very helpful. I'll try taking it first thing in the am and then take supplements at lunch dinner and snack. The Synthroid is far too important to let that get messed up...I need all the help I can get! :>)
Dawners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #19  
IP Start Jan 28,2013

S/C/G: 149/145.2/130

Height: 4'11"

The thyroid subject caught my attention as I've been wondering if I have an issue because the scale isn't moving as quick as I'd like and I've come to read the threads about soy and it's hormonal effects.

My Mom passed away from breast cancer in 2008 (however she never ate soy) I was very adverse to the soy issue when I first heard about this program and I asked my coach about it.

He said the soy in IP's products is not from the phytoestrogen portion of a soy plant so you're not getting the hormonal part of soy with these products.

I personally find soy very confusing and I'm not even sure if I worded that right but I just wanted to pass along the info he gave me without oversimplifying it by saying 'the good part of soy is all they extract for use in their products'

Hope this makes some sense!
nineonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 198/tracker/160

Height: 5'5.5"

Sorry for butting in on your thread! I do a different meal sub plan, but have similar issues soy and vitamins, so I set my phone alarm and take my thyroid in the middle of the night. I am new to thyroid treatment and have felt awful forever. I am perhaps overcompensating by not wanting any thing to interfere with it.

Last edited by Finny321; 03-29-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Finny321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 168/ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Default How were the levels?

Many of the posts/ers mentioned in March that they would get their levels checked in April. How were your results? How many weeks into the program did you wait?...I'm thinking I would wait six weeks. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and take 125 mcg. Wondering how you did, doctor feedback...Hope all positive stuff!

bearymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:35 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 211.0/189.8/136

Height: 5'6"

18 years with thyroid issues (Hashimoto's). I take my T4 med, Levothyroxine (125 mcg), with a compounded time-released/sustained-released T3 med first thing in the AM with 16 ounces of water and wait at least an hour before eating and supplements.

I've done this for as long as I can remember and am still doing with with IP. Haven't had any problems.

As for soy, I've occasionally consumed edamame and every couple of weeks I'll have tofu for my evening protein and I've not had any problems. But, everybody's different. For me, since the Hashimoto's effectively destroyed my thyroid, I'm okay with soy, as long as I keep it at least 3 hours away from taking my thyroid meds. Also, I don't drink soy milk, only unsweetened almond milk.

FYI: the thyroid about dot com website run by Mary Shomon is very informative. Check it out.
urbannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 168/ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Thanks so much for the reply @urbannie! I started panicking about the soy in bars and shakes yesterday because I totally had a mind blank about it when I started last week. I did the program once before but prior to Hashimotos diagnosis, so totally did not consider soy issue at all. Generally, I do not eat soy so I was concentrating more on the supplement/vitamin separation from the synthroid. Then I started getting very itchy the past couple days and while searching the boards realized about the soy . I'm sure it's unrelated but that was my lightbulb moment and then came the panic. I will leave my soy shakes and bars now until well after am synthroid. Think I will still do levels in six weeks to make sure.
bearymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 145/145/125

Height: 5'0

I have noticed a trend of lower Thyroid medication dosage as I lose weight. Was on Levothyroxine (125mcg), now my doctor has me on 75mcg. I did read on several websites, that once a hypo, most likely we'll stay hypo for life
It will be interesting to see the dosage once I reach my ideal weight.
Seeing no weight loss on my second week on IP, I feel like it will take a very long time to lose weight and want to blame the hypo thyroid for it
hope12 is offline   Reply With Quote