Old 03-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #61  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

First 7 days down. Trying to keep my head in the game is the hardest part. Keep telling myself "its only day 1 just suck it up and do it"!!
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I am starting my IP journey again for the Umpteenth time. I lost 30 pounds in 2010 but have gained 15 pounds back. I am motivated this time. I have two daughters getting married this year. This website gives me the motivation I need. Let's make it an IP day.
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #63  
ND girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I am starting my IP journey again for the Umpteenth time. I lost 30 pounds in 2010 but have gained 15 pounds back. I am motivated this time. I have two daughters getting married this year. This website gives me the motivation I need. Let's make it an IP day.
WELCOME BACK!!
Take it a day at a time, you can do IT!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 237/204/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
1. If you live alone remove off plan food from your kitchen. (In my case, it felt really good to give away the food.)
2. Prepare food ahead, cut up veggies and store in containers so it's ready to use in salads or cook. That way you can grab the right food for your meal without having to prep food while you're hungry. Plus, spending time prepping food helps to keep me from straying off plan.
3. Write a list of reasons why you want to lose the weight and think about your reasons often. (I want to ride with an equestrian group, fit into tall riding boots, reduce the load my horse carries, ride better, play tennis, feel confident, etc.)
4. If you feel the urge to cheat, walk outside and view your garden to get a change of scenery, go shopping for clothes, start projects that utilize your hands.
5. Drink tisanes, flavored water, and even make hot chocolate with WF choc syrup, water, and liquid stevia.
6. snack on cucumbers or celery.
7. Tell yourself you are wonderful and you deserve to have better health!!
What is Tisanes, flavored waters?
ShrinkinSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #65  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkinSue View Post
What is Tisanes, flavored waters?
Tisanes are herbal teas made from herbs, not made from tea leaves that have caffein. You can use these teas to get your daily water intake flavored. Drinks with caffein do not count towards your water.
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #66  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
Are any of you that are working out following the athletic protocol? Or are you just making sure to have a IP pack within 45 minutes after working out?
My coach said today that she just got back from an IP seminar and that they're no longer recommending more protein for before/after workout. Now they're recommending drinking water that includes electrolytes. They're now saying that exercise depletes minerals and electrolytes and the body sends hunger signals in hopes of getting them replenished.

However, later in the same conversation she said that if you're exercising and hungry, eat the extra protein pack. Also, if someone is exercising and their weight loss stalls for several weeks, she will phase them off IP. She says it's not good for your body to work-out to the point where you're not losing weight while in ketosis.
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 237/204/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
Tisanes are herbal teas made from herbs, not made from tea leaves that have caffein. You can use these teas to get your daily water intake flavored. Drinks with caffein do not count towards your water.
Where do you get them? Sounds like a new fave
ShrinkinSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

I am new to IP, started this past Thursday, first 3 days were rough (didn't help that I ate like crazy the day before knowing I was starting) but now I feel better. I am the same as everyone, can lose it but slip and then have a hard time getting back on track. It is hard to stay focused. Even though I feel great now and doing ok, it seems like I have been doing it forever, only because it takes everything in me to be good, and I feel like being this good for 5 days I should have lost 15 lbs....stupid I know. It is always the same old, I am going to start tomorrow, so I eat a ridiculous amount for my "last meal" and then something happens the next day and I don't start.....trust me I have had a ton of last meals. Hoping this is it!!!!!!! I am trying very hard not to weigh myself, and hoping my weigh in on Wednesday is good.........I have journalled everything I have eaten, taken my vitamins and drank so much water I gag sometimes trying to finish it. Wishing everyone luck and will power to stay focused and get them on there way to goal.
kellycg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

I'm in! I was within 3 pounds of goal, had surgery and went OP. I have gained back 14 pounds so far after losing 30 pounds.
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Today is my first weigh in with my coach. This morning, my scale said I was down 4.6 lbs. I will take it. I am not sure what the coach's scale will say since I am weighing in the afternoon.
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

I need to phase off again since I am going on vacation in 2 weeks. I was hoping to have lost all my weight by now but my body seems to love the weight I am at and doesnt seem to budge. I have been at this weight for 3 weeks now. 124lbs and the scale goes up one week and down another week. Now I am concerned that I will gain weight and would have to start all over again to loose that and then the rest of the 9 lbs
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #72  
ND girl

I can do this, we can do this, I can do this, we can do this!!
Hoping seeing it on the screen will make it stay in my head.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #73  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Went to my first week back weigh in today. Happy to report I lost 3.6 pounds. So thankful for that amount with my past weekend not being perfect. Here's to a successful week, this week.
Stay strong everyone.
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #74  
ND girl

Day 10--of saying I'm on day 1. Its worked great so far and the scale is moving better this week than the first week, strange.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Amaliayosa,
I hear you about losing 30 pounds and then gaining some of it back. I lost 30 pounds and was at goal and gained 15 pounds back. When I lost the weight I promised myself that I would never gain the weight back. Here I am again trying to lose 15 pounds, good luck
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote