Old 03-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #16  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
1. If you live alone remove off plan food from your kitchen. (In my case, it felt really good to give away the food.)
2. Prepare food ahead, cut up veggies and store in containers so it's ready to use in salads or cook. That way you can grab the right food for your meal without having to prep food while you're hungry. Plus, spending time prepping food helps to keep me from straying off plan.
3. Write a list of reasons why you want to lose the weight and think about your reasons often. (I want to ride with an equestrian group, fit into tall riding boots, reduce the load my horse carries, ride better, play tennis, feel confident, etc.)
4. If you feel the urge to cheat, walk outside and view your garden to get a change of scenery, go shopping for clothes, start projects that utilize your hands.
5. Drink tisanes, flavored water, and even make hot chocolate with WF choc syrup, water, and liquid stevia.
6. snack on cucumbers or celery.
7. Tell yourself you are wonderful and you deserve to have better health!!
Lots of good ideas! I'm going to print them off and hang on the frig....
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #17  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Whenever I'm having a hard time, I go back and reread Dr. Chanh's book. The link to it is on the first post of every daily chat thread. It always motivates me and reminds me why I lost the weight using the IP method. It makes so much sense. Good Luck to you all!!
I am actually reading a part of it EVERY night before bed to keep myself focused, and to keep reminding myself of the core principles of the program as he designed it. I had a bad week last week, and this is helping me to be more successful.
bethanym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Hardest part of the day is always when I get home from work until dinner is ready. I'm sipping herbal tea and munching on celery while it is cooking to keep myself from reaching for something off program.

I went in to the clinic today and got weighed. Not good news. I am now only 9 pounds from my original weight when I started IP. I'm not going to get down by that.....I'm looking at it as a 9 pound start to my goal.

Everyone stay strong and focused. We can do this!
That has always been the hardest part of the day for me too. My coach suggested having my restricted at the hardest part of the day. I have a long commute home from work so make a coffee to go when leaving and have that and my bar on the way home.

Then I can come home and prepare our evening meal without going off plan.

Keep strong, you will see a big difference by summer.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #19  
Second time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
That has always been the hardest part of the day for me too. My coach suggested having my restricted at the hardest part of the day. I have a long commute home from work so make a coffee to go when leaving and have that and my bar on the way home.

Then I can come home and prepare our evening meal without going off plan.

Keep strong, you will see a big difference by summer.

Pat
I sure hope I see a big difference this summer. Trying to stay strong. I save my restricted for my evening snack. I have the habit of eating all night long so hoping by breaking off pieces of the restricted and eating a little at a time I won't get into anything off plan.

Thanks for the encouragement. Much appreciated.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 218.7/218.7/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin135 View Post
It looks like I am in the same place as you two. I lost 50 lbs, was very close to my goal, had a slip up and here I am again.

I have tried restarting several times and continue to have slip ups. I think we should all commit to restarting right here and now. I am going to go back to my clinic today.

We should start a new check in for those of us who continue to struggle to stick to plan. Maybe a recommitting no cheat for 21 days challenge.

Hopefully if we are accountable to each other for the first few weeks it will make it easier to stick with if we know we have others relying on us.
i'm in 21 days sounds good to me.....
dgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm right there with you. This is my third and FINAL attempt at IP. I WILL make it work this time. If you don't mind, I'd like to be in on the 21 day challenge. I have been back on protocol since Feb 15 and have had no cheats, no slips, but tonight was the first night I really wanted something off protocol (corn). Thank goodness DH is doing this with me and was there coaching me along!! =) This week I have noticed a very minimal loss, which is discouraging, but I'm sure there have been a loss of inches (I'm bad and keep forgetting to measure).. I just need this little pick me up that all of you are so grand at providing!!!
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #22  

Wink

I am in as well I have had the hardest time staying on course. Heres to 21 days
heaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #23  
Second time around

Hope everyone stayed on program yesterday. I made it through the day without a cheat. I even made homemade cinnamon rolls for my father in-law and didn't have a lick of anything. I put the knife straight into the water in the sink after frosting. Sure did think about having a taste but didn't.

I'm up for any challenge. I'm taking it hour by hour to make it through this first week. I know it gets easier the longer we stay 100 % on plan. It's going to be a beautiful day here in the 60's. Planning on spending some time outside picking up sticks in the yard from this winter. Had 2 inches of snow two days ago and it's gone. Just wish this weight would disappear as fast as the snow did.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #24  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Made it OP yesterday and ready for today. Going with the idea in my head that every day is day 1. For some strange reason it makes me OK with it because who can't do day 1?! So on with second day 1 for me, HA.
Every one of you inspires me so THANKS!
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #25  
Second time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
Made it OP yesterday and ready for today. Going with the idea in my head that every day is day 1. For some strange reason it makes me OK with it because who can't do day 1?! So on with second day 1 for me, HA.
Every one of you inspires me so THANKS!
I like your thinking!
Old 03-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Did anyone else pee 100 times yesterday?! I think of it as flushing the fat, but I practically live in the bathroom!

On to day 2!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I am up for a challenge. This is my official first day. I had a Pina Colada for breakfast. Snacked on 2 cups of celery at 10:30. I couldn't wait until noon. I am not sure what is going to be for my lunch packet. But for dinner, I will make hamburgers and put them on top of portabella mushrooms.

Today is my first day without caffeine. I don't have too bad of a headache.
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I'm not sure I would give up caffeine in the first few weeks. Coffee and tea keep me from starving in the afternoon. I drink 2-3 green teas a day to keep hunger at bay!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #29  
Second time around

Can't believe I have made it thru two whole days without a taste of anything off plan. I sure hope I can keep it up. Headaches at night but they don't last long. If I can do this and so can everyone else.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

I was reading about success last night. It seems that when we have a clear "bright line" of definition we do better. I know it is not the kiss of death to have a mess up, but being tolerant of mess ups is. Staying completely OP is my bright line which I have accepted as sacred in my commitment. I just do not give myself any permission to transgress that. Will power and self control have become very interesting to me! I am reading all that I can find about how to best develop those skills!

We can all do this program! Keep on keeping on!!
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote