Old 03-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 170/159.4/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Did anyone else pee 100 times yesterday?! I think of it as flushing the fat, but I practically live in the bathroom!

On to day 2!
Seriously, me too! Up at least 3 times in the middle of the night too. Felt like I was pregnant again... It's all worth it though
Redy2looz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Just do it!!! The diet works...figure out how to avoid temptation. Imagine how great you'll feel when you're at goal and can have your cheat day which can include your fried chicken and french fries..Be patient. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 170/159.4/125

Height: 5'3"

I am up for the 21 day challenge! Back and it's day #2
Redy2looz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #34  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Two days down and a great start to my 3rd day ONE!!
Stay strong everyone.
Remember:
Losing weight is hard.
Maintaining weight is hard.
Staying fat is hard.
Choose your hard!
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 235.5/223.5/200(First Goal)

Height: 5'9"

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvleebrown View Post
No, it's not a dumb question. ; ) I used to do LA weight loss, which controlled the type and kind of carbs I could have, as well as being heavy protein based and I saw moderate weight loss results with it. I like IP because I understand the science behind it and really believe that it is the most effective and fastest way to lose weight without sacrificing muscle. Aside from that, after you get going on it strong (about two weeks in), you really are not hungry nor do you crave anything. My issue with staying the course with it was mental/psychological. I've found that when a plan is less restrictive, especially in terms of carbs, I usually go overboard with eating carbs and/or cheating. The thing with this eating plan is that it is not considered high protein, it is just the appropriate amount of protein for your body. Additionally, you think twice about cheating on this plan because the if you go back and forth with the ketosis (being in and out of it), you will feel really sick and it will take you a while to get back into a fat burning mode. So whenever, I wanted to cheat, excluding the big one, which really took me off track, I wouldn't do it because I didn't want to spend another 3-5 days trying to get back into ketosis.

I honestly believe that almost any eating plan for weight loss can be successful if you're able to be consistent with it, which has always been my problem. However, I commend you for your success and I thank you for your suggestion. ; )
I agree with what you posted, I am on my 2nd day of my third week, and things are gettting better....I still feel hungry, but I have realized that I'm not used to letting my stomach have that hungry feeling, I have always just eaten something, usually when I don't need to. This program I believe will finally get me where I want to be, for one, it is showing good results so far, I am feeling so much better since being on plan, and I can't afford to let myself continue to be overweight and being at risk for other health problems. Good luck to all of you who are on program or restarting. Think positive and one pound at a time!
Diana B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #36  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies....I recognize a few names here. I did IP 100% from September of 2010 to February of 2011 and lost 60 pounds and then followed a modified IP until May of 2011 and lost another 25 or so pounds. I kept all off until Christmas and then between Christmas and New Year's I gained 9 pounds and I can't lose them. I am so bummed after so many months of maintenance.

I tried 90-120 minutes of exercise a day for 5 weeks with calorie counting (1200-1400 a day)...not a single pound gone.

I went on a cruise two weeks ago and when I weighed Saturday...didn't gain a pound on the cruise....yippppeee.

But I am still up those nasty nine pounds. I am currently following a low carb diet and I am in ketosis. I am giving it a few weeks because I have some social events planned. If I don't drop those 9 pounds...back to IP on April 16th.

Good luck all and I will check and and probably join you.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 260/212/175

Height: 5'8"

I sure you can make a go of it just remember why you wanted it last time and you will be that person again.

Last edited by Stephanie7878; 03-07-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Stephanie7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Day 1 is done. Day 2 almost became a challenge. I am in meetings all day for work. But instead of going out to lunch with my boss, I went back to the office. I didn't trust my skills on eating out quite yet.
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #39  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1978 View Post
Day 1 is done. Day 2 almost became a challenge. I am in meetings all day for work. But instead of going out to lunch with my boss, I went back to the office. I didn't trust my skills on eating out quite yet.
I did the same thing. I was asked to go out for dinner and passed. I just don't want to be tempted right now. Thank goodness my friend understood.
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #40  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Hey ladies....I recognize a few names here. I did IP 100% from September of 2010 to February of 2011 and lost 60 pounds and then followed a modified IP until May of 2011 and lost another 25 or so pounds. I kept all off until Christmas and then between Christmas and New Year's I gained 9 pounds and I can't lose them. I am so bummed after so many months of maintenance.

I tried 90-120 minutes of exercise a day for 5 weeks with calorie counting (1200-1400 a day)...not a single pound gone.

I went on a cruise two weeks ago and when I weighed Saturday...didn't gain a pound on the cruise....yippppeee.

But I am still up those nasty nine pounds. I am currently following a low carb diet and I am in ketosis. I am giving it a few weeks because I have some social events planned. If I don't drop those 9 pounds...back to IP on April 16th.

Wow...not gaining a pound on a cruise is amazing! I know you will get those 9 pounds off quickly! Good to see you back on the site.
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post

I hear ya. Just can't work out those pounds away. I admit to losing more by paring down my workouts. I think the cortisol released during intense exercise does cause your body to store more calories. Try cutting back a bit...I know it's hard if you like it!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #42  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I hear ya. Just can't work out those pounds away. I admit to losing more by paring down my workouts. I think the cortisol released during intense exercise does cause your body to store more calories. Try cutting back a bit...I know it's hard if you like it!
I'm wondering if this will be a problem for me soon if I get closer to goal? I hope not I finally feel like myself again with my regular kickboxing and hot yoga routine. When did you start noticing the shift momto2cs? How much did you cut back on the exercise?
tenniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #43  

I try to limit myself to 6 hour long classes a week. I used to do 2 or occasionally 3 hours on days I am off and the kids are at school!
Also, I have embraced Zumba some days instead of more intense bootcamps.
Still quite a bit...I probably should just stay of the scale and worry about how my clothes fit.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #44  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Are any of you that are working out following the athletic protocol? Or are you just making sure to have a IP pack within 45 minutes after working out?
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #45  

In general I follow the normal phase 1 protocol. I originally lost 25 pounds, and am now losing the Christmas up and 5 more.
If I am really hungry I have the extra packet, or 2 eggs. Otherwise I don't.
I have always lost fat, never muscle.