Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #61  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Thanks everyone, I am so happy that SOOOOO many of you have posted your pics today. This is a very happy day for me because seeing ALL of y'all smiling faces are coming out and sharing PROUD pics of yourselves. WE will now ALL get to see each other changing!!!....keep on smiling, its a great day!!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniegoingdown View Post
Back in November my work was ordering jackets for everyone. I tried them on and of course none of the ladies fit. Everyone was saying try on the men's. Well I did and I refused to order something that made me look like a big football player. I ordered the ladies xl and I know they were reluctant to order it but they did (the company is paying). Well they came today and it still doesn't fit but I am much closer. Another couple of inches and I'll be wearing what all the other ladies are wearing! More motivated now than ever! I will wear that jacket soon!
Be sure and post a picture when you're in it. You're heading in the right direction, congratulations!!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #63  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Okay, everyone made me feel bad. I have never been into pictures, so there are very few around. I found this one taken at a car show by a professional photographer. I left out the car and DH.

It's there if it really uploaded as my avatar. It gave me some error messages, but still displayed in my User area.

On the topic of IP. I just finished eating Smothered Chicken. A recipe I'm sure I got from one of the recipe listings here. It was really good. Made me feel like I was cheating.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #64  

Today a couple of people commented on my wl. I guess it is beginning to show
At the end of April, I'll have my blood work done and I can't wait to see my cholesterol readings. In the past it has been extremely high (300+). Now I need to get into some exercise to tone my mid-section. I would really like to try yoga. Any thoughts?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 225.8/198.8/140

Height: 5'6

I teach yoga and yes I make sure I and my class keep our core engaged for most of our class! Great way to build strength (yoga that is), create awareness of your body and your mind. It helps me focus and de-stress my type A personality! Start at a beginners or gentle or just get stuck in. Let your instructor know that you're new to the class.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniegoingdown View Post
Back in November my work was ordering jackets for everyone. I tried them on and of course none of the ladies fit. Everyone was saying try on the men's. Well I did and I refused to order something that made me look like a big football player. I ordered the ladies xl and I know they were reluctant to order it but they did (the company is paying). Well they came today and it still doesn't fit but I am much closer. Another couple of inches and I'll be wearing what all the other ladies are wearing! More motivated now than ever! I will wear that jacket soon!
That is awesome! Keep up the good work!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Ok here it is....
Hey...great picture!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #68  
Started IP 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 211/196/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
on an IP related note, my big batch of chicken noodle soup is simmering. I found a GREAT Deal on miracle noodles on Amazon but they all expire this week
I have some miracle noodles that expired in July and they are still good! I am not sure what exactly is supposed to happen when they do expire, but I have been eating them and I am fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good morning everyone

Being on plan seems to be giving me more then just weight loss. It seems to be giving me some control which in turn is giving me more confidence. My daughter is disabled and every year we have her IEP meeting. At this meeting I end up fighting with the school for what I feel my daughter is entitled to and needs and they don't want to it to give her do to money/budget issues. I always come away from that meeting feeling insecure of myself against these slim, "put together" highly educated women.

Carol
I work in the education system and what is sad that many parents are not educated enough to know that they CAN FIGHT for their child and that by law they can get whatever their child needs to be sucessful. I have seen first hand accomodations being made to fit the needs of the school and not the student. Good for you!

Well as of today I am down 20 pounds! It feels so good. Some of my students offered me chocolate today and I wanted so bad to gobble it right up, but I said my 20 pound is WAY better than that chocolate! They thought I was crazy! Thanks for everyone's posts. I read almost everyday from my phone, but my phone isn't very friendly to post so I only get to when I am on the computer!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #69  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
Good morning everybody!

I have spent all morning crafting and I have a random, non-IP question to throw out there...

Does anyone here do jewelry/beads? (I have a supply question I can't find an answer to- I'm asking everywhere I can online, hahaha)

on an IP related note, my big batch of chicken noodle soup is simmering. I found a GREAT Deal on miracle noodles on Amazon but they all expire this week
Jewelry & Beads are my business...what would you like to know?
Old 02-28-2012, 11:52 PM   #70  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Sorry to share a sadness but Saturday I lost my best friend... Momma was 94 years old and I have treasured her all of my life (well, except from 14 years to 20 years old). She loved to make others laugh and I want to remember her impish smile of innocence. She had a stroke last Wednesday and I have been sadness eating until today. Today I am on Phase 1 and hope I haven't lost too much ground, but if I did, it was for the very most worthy cause. Grief over the loss of my best friend. Thanks for letting me vent. Smile Kathy
Old 02-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #71  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
Sorry to share a sadness but Saturday I lost my best friend... Momma was 94 years old and I have treasured her all of my life (well, except from 14 years to 20 years old). She loved to make others laugh and I want to remember her impish smile of innocence. She had a stroke last Wednesday and I have been sadness eating until today. Today I am on Phase 1 and hope I haven't lost too much ground, but if I did, it was for the very most worthy cause. Grief over the loss of my best friend. Thanks for letting me vent. Smile Kathy
maykatcooper, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Momma sounded wonderful. You will always have her in your heart and with such wonderful memories. I bet you have some great stories to go with her great smile. Take good care of yourself.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #72  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Maykat, sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to your and your family
Old 02-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #73  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
to you. Remember we are all here for you. So very sorry for the loss of your momma & best friend. Your post did make me smile a little when you said "well, except from 14 years to 20 years old". I think every mother/daughter relationship goes through that phase and I relate. My mum is my best friend too. Keep your chin up & your heart filled with good memories
Old 02-29-2012, 06:17 AM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoginitnr View Post
I teach yoga and yes I make sure I and my class keep our core engaged for most of our class! Great way to build strength (yoga that is), create awareness of your body and your mind. It helps me focus and de-stress my type A personality! Start at a beginners or gentle or just get stuck in. Let your instructor know that you're new to the class.
Thank you! The next beginnner workshop in my town starts April 2nd. I am going to sign up for that.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #75  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

maykatcooper - I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. I lost my mom years ago and I also miss my best friend. What a wonderful 94 years she must have lived and so fortunate to have such a wonderful daughter like you!! You have now gained a guardian angel.....she will be with you always. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Closed Thread