Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

crap I posted on the wrong daily chat! OK here goes again. I finally made it to being able to get a weight tracker and a signature! I am so excited! I immediately followed the directions to do so! I kept getting a message that said invalid file. I thought maybe it was because I was making it on my netbook so I tried again on my desk computer and keep getting the same message. I made mu ticker on the 3fatchicks page and copied and pasted the code on the signature page. It seems so easy and I don't know what I am doing wrong. Please help thanks!
Old 02-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #47  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by massconfusion84 View Post
I have a dilemma. I can no longer afford this program. I sat down and talked to my husband today and we are thinking I can continue doing a similar routine just off program. I was thinking I could buy the south beach bars and some protein shakes at the store and basically do what I have been just not with the ideal protein packets. I am super sad I really dont want to quit but the money is just not there right now. Im wondering what you guys think? On a happy not I lost 2.5 lbs this week.
Did you check out the alternatives thread? I think alternatives require more work and figuring stuff out but it looks like people have done quite well and saved a lot of money after they made the switch.

You have done so well and come so far, I hope you find a solution to aid in your continued success.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
I have a dilemma. I can no longer afford this program. I sat down and talked to my husband today and we are thinking I can continue doing a similar routine just off program. I was thinking I could buy the south beach bars and some protein shakes at the store and basically do what I have been just not with the ideal protein packets. I am super sad I really dont want to quit but the money is just not there right now. Im wondering what you guys think? On a happy not I lost 2.5 lbs this week.
Look around these boards. there are a number of people doing alternatives. (Mostly Proti-Thin, ProtiDiet and Lindora) www.nashuanutrition.com
Just check the nutritional values and try choosing options that are the same as the IP products
Old 02-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

Congratulations on all the positive news!!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I switched to alternatives after a few months and it went without a glitch. Just check the sheet on alternatives on the stickies under the first post on the daily thread.

Check the sheet on the nutritional counts for IP packages and compare them with the info on alternative products.

You can get pretty much the same counts on proti diet products on a site like Nashua Nutrition.

Many of us use the Premier Protein RTD shakes that you can get at Costco because they reall have a lot of protein.

The alternative products don't work as well in recipes but I am buying a months worth of products for what I spent in a week at the clinic.
I am totally doing this for me so don't have an issue with not having a coach but many people really like having a coach's support so that may be an issue.

Your profile dosen't say where you are from.
If you are not in the US the shipping is quite costly from sites like Nashua, but it is free after (I think) $100 in the US.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 02-11-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #51  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hi! I've never been on "official" IP, I use strictly all alternatives. I just CAN'T afford IP or else I would But! I'm very happy & satisfied with my alternative choices

I use EAS advant-edge carb control chocolate fudge rtd shakes. They're good!
I also order chocolate soy balls from Nashua & they're DELICIOUS!
Old 02-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Thanks everyone SO much for the congrats and support I'm still on cloud 9
Old 02-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

New mom, Congrats on getting into JH! So many wonderful things happening in your life! What is your chosen field?
Old 02-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renewing Myself View Post
Good morning everyone, I am still plugging along doing great. I didn't lose as much as I would have liked this week and not really sure why it was a bit of a lower loss, but I am happy the scale is going down!

I had a couple of days of being quite dizzy last week and I think it was because I didn't get enough food in me and possibly my body decided it better hold on to that extra weight.

I am going on a cruise at the end of March and have been thinking what I will do, just go off the diet for a week and eat lots of salads and meat on the ship or try to do a simplified version and maybe have 1 shake a day? Any ideas ......
Are you getting enough salt? Not havinng enough salt in my diet will make me dizzy.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renewing Myself View Post
Good morning everyone, I am still plugging along doing great. I didn't lose as much as I would have liked this week and not really sure why it was a bit of a lower loss, but I am happy the scale is going down!

I had a couple of days of being quite dizzy last week and I think it was because I didn't get enough food in me and possibly my body decided it better hold on to that extra weight.

I am going on a cruise at the end of March and have been thinking what I will do, just go off the diet for a week and eat lots of salads and meat on the ship or try to do a simplified version and maybe have 1 shake a day? Any ideas ......
My friend, who was on IP and was with me on a Cunard cruise (so pretty good food), was able to make wise choices at the meals. She also brought her favorite bars with her for emergencies. Because she did so well - she lost maybe a couple of pounds over the 2 weeks - but that's great given what she ate - she inspired me to start IP. So going on a cruise is completely doable if you really work at making wise choices. What a wonderful thing to look forward to!!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Does anyone know how many alternatives you can "get away with" and still maintain IP coaching and WIs? I have ordered 3 boxes of alternatives while still on my IP started kit (that lasts 3 weeks) but I'm wondering if they will notice/ or have a policy "as long as you buy X% from us or something".... any thoughts?
Old 02-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn2ndtimearound View Post
New here! I have been on ideal protein protocol before and lost 50lbs but ended up getting pregnant with twins. I started back on protocol in dec and Im down 17lbs but I am having a hard hard time sticking with it this time. Just had 3 days of bad eating. Starting fresh today! I started out at 257 and my goal is to get to 150. So glad I found this site! What are your eating schedules like for the day? Fav packets? Hope everyone is having a great day!

Oh and how do you make the weight trackers?
I'm also starting the second time around - lost 35 pounds the first time but then we moved and there were too many changes happening at once, that I just let the good diet go and eat what was convenient, including trying all these wonderful new restaurants. I knew it wasn't right but sometimes this is just the way it goes. So glad to be back on IP - I know the weight will come off and it really isn't that hard.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #58  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by parislady40 View Post
Congrats everyone. Your stories inspire and so do your countdown tickers. I am new to IP, and my main hurdle is having 2 cups of vegetables twice daily. I love vegetables, and have tried some of your recipes....lovely. It's just the sheer volume of 2 cups at a go for me!!! Any tips?? Thanks everyone!
I made kale chips today and 2 cups go down quickly. Just spray 2 cups of kale pieces with EVOO, sprinkle w/ real salt, bake at 350 about 8-10 minutes.

You can add other spices too.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
I made turnip chips yesterday using my convection oven setting at 400... My husband went crazy over them. Zucchini pasta is another favorite. If you have a spiraler... noted on other threads or even a peeler, spiral or peel away at a zucchini. It makes a marvelous replacement for spaghetti or the peeler for lasagna noodles and use the WF Marinara or use your own veggies to make a sauce. Sometimes I just use 2c worth of veggies in my salad, between onion, celery, radishes, green (red, orange, yellow) peppers, cucumbers, even pickles make for a happy salad veggie feast.
I add 1 c of cooked celery pieces to my soups and I've been having soup for breakfast and lunch since it fills me so much. I have my lunch salad a little later in the afternoon. So, adding veggies to your packets, where ever you can helps to get them in.

Do you like the broccoli cheddar soup? It is tasty!! I could easily eat several cups of vegetables with that as the sauce.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
New mom, Congrats on getting into JH! So many wonderful things happening in your life! What is your chosen field?
Thank you!! I'm not taking a moment for granted.. i worked really hard for it, and i know i'm blessed. I'm going into the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program. They accepted TEN out of all of the applicants that applied.. well over 100 from what i heard. still dancing about it

~ and the weight is falling off which makes me feel great i'll be done the diet by the time i start, so it feels great that i'll be buying SMALL scrubs haha.. i've never bought small anything... until now
Closed Thread