Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 01:04 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 2/11 - Sun 2/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 02-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone, I made it to mom's in all of the nasty weather there was today. Lots of rain going on down here and getting cold again. I took my time, had my water and veggies to snack on for the 3 hour drive. I did have to stop on the other side of Baton Rouge for a potty break, because traffic was starting to back up and all I kept thinking was....if you get stuck in traffic you are going to PEE your pants.....lol....So I stopped before I had to "go" too bad.

Hopefully tomorrow it won't be too bad with rain and cold, we are going shopping in Lafayette. Going to River Ranch Fresh Market to get dehydrated okra and green beans, Drug Emporuim for some Vitamins, World Market for Divincy syrups and shopping for a new outfit for the funeral on Monday. We did go shopping in her close tonight though and I fit in a 2x shirt now so I have a couple of "everyday" shirts to bring back with me. I hadn't been here since Christmas so when I walked in Mom said.....WOW you can really see a difference now I can't wait til my niece and nephews see me tomorrow. You know how they say outta the mouths of babes? yea that is the reaction's I will get from them. Last time the youngest said....Taunt Lisa you are SHRINKING!!!!!....we will see what he says tomorrow....Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187 / 178 / 120

Height: 5' 1/2"

Wuv I went to River Ranch Fresh Market the other day. It is nice... but VERY expensive! If you are looking for regular veggies try Fresh Pickins first. They have an amazing selection, but I don't think they have any dried stuff. They have great prices too. Hours are 7-7 every day.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:08 AM   #4  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Good to hear from you Wuv!!!! Sorry to hear about your family's loss.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #5  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Wuv,
I am sorry for your loss. May God wrap your family with loving arms.
I hope everyone has an OP day. 3rd WI today. Feeling pretty good about it.
I have been 100% OP. Everyone stay warm, and keep safe today!
Old 02-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Wow what a week! I haven't written but I've been reading. Good job everyone!! Wuv- i'm sorry for your loss.

where to start---my fiancé was offered a new job making ALOT more than what he is now.. He's going to take it (obviously)... That was awesome news because we've been struggling to get bills paid. (this diet doesn't help) the second awesome thing that happened was that amazing 4 lb weight loss this week (even on TOM!) that brought me into the 140s third thing-- I got my old HS jeans on and got lots of compliments that same day one of my mini goals was to get them on by valentines day. Achieved!! And last but certainly not least, I got accepted to Johns Hopkins!!!! The shock is finally beginning to wear off but oh my goodness !! I worked my @$$ off in school so that I could have a chance to get into JH. (applicants have a 7% chance of get in--into the field I got into ) like I said, what a week!!! Feeling very blessed. Hope everyone else had a great week and it continues thru the weekend!
Old 02-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #7  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Way to go newmom7611! I am sooo happy for you! Congrats on everything!
Old 02-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #8  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

Hello everyone;
I have been OP for 3 days now and am shocked how easy it is. Of course, I have had a couple of struggles...the first day my body which was used to eating 6 times a day is wondering why I am not feeding it although I wasn't hungry like on other programs and secondly I wanted sugar so bad. But I am proud to say that I have made it to day 4 without bending to temptation. I am so excited about this program and look forward to the weight loss.

Last edited by Hopeful in Canada; 02-11-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
Wow what a week! I haven't written but I've been reading. Good job everyone!! Wuv- i'm sorry for your loss.

where to start---my fiancé was offered a new job making ALOT more than what he is now.. He's going to take it (obviously)... That was awesome news because we've been struggling to get bills paid. (this diet doesn't help) the second awesome thing that happened was that amazing 4 lb weight loss this week (even on TOM!) that brought me into the 140s third thing-- I got my old HS jeans on and got lots of compliments that same day one of my mini goals was to get them on by valentines day. Achieved!! And last but certainly not least, I got accepted to Johns Hopkins!!!! The shock is finally beginning to wear off but oh my goodness !! I worked my @$$ off in school so that I could have a chance to get into JH. (applicants have a 7% chance of get in--into the field I got into ) like I said, what a week!!! Feeling very blessed. Hope everyone else had a great week and it continues thru the weekend!
Congrats!! A lot of wonderful things happening in your life. Good for you for getting into Johns Hopkins. I know that is very tough!
Old 02-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Wuv- Sorry to hear of your familiies loss. My thoughts are with you.

Another conference day for me! At least it will not be as late. Wondering what type of food will be served. I have to get to the store after the conference because I am out of "on the go veggies". I have an egg and my IP packet of dill zippers. Need some veggies! Hoping they at least have a salad. :-)

Have a good one!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #11  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all. Everyone has such good news (sorry for your loss WUV, but you are replacing it with some good experiences now). I only had a 2 lb loss at my WI last night, but I know it's water retention. I could tell it starting yesterday and it has gotten even worse now (only up once last night - once is very unusual for someone in their 60s). I am OP, but have a condition called lymphedema. Sometimes it works like a thirsty sponge and now is one of those times. Oh well, I know I will eventually have a great loss. Though I'm very pleased with my 15 lbs in 25 days. I'm keeping positive and OP.

Thanks for all the encouragement this site provides, plus OP tips and great recipes.

It's off to get car parts and maybe pick up a 1941 Chevy to add to our classic collection.

And a final super congrats to newmom on JH, we had a family friend go there and know that you are very special to make the cut. Kudos.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #12  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning All,

Happy OP Weekend to all,

Had a great week, so far according to my scales this morning have lost a total of 14.9 pounds! in just 16 days, so defiantly over the moon!

Take care all,

Cheers/S....
Old 02-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 231/185/185

Height: 5'6

Happy weekend everyone! Wuv, sorry for your loss.
I have to share my amazing OP fish fry last night. My parents invited us over for fish and knew to leave enough for me out separate so I could prepare it for me. I took the crispy cereal and breaded my fish. I dipped the fillets in egg whites first and then breaded and fried in grape seed oil. They were so delicious! I felt like I was eating what everyone else was. It was fantastic!! I have never been so motivated! I hit onederland this week. 199.5 counts, right?
Old 02-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 233/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
Hello everyone;
I have been OP for 3 days now and am shocked how easy it is. Of course, I have had a couple of struggles...the first day my body which was used to eating 6 times a day is wondering why I am not feeding it although I wasn't hungry like on other programs and secondly I wanted sugar so bad. But I am proud to say that I have made it to day 4 without bending to temptation. I am so excited about this program and look forward to the weight loss.
Welcome Hopeful! You have every reason to feel hopeful with IP. Best diet EVER!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #15  

I have found that I like the RTD shakes best. I add the cappuccino and the occasional pudding in the evening. After completing Week 2, I can replace one shake with a restricted item. I like to alternate between the BBQ, Cheddar, and Dill Zippers and maybe a bar at breakfast once a week, washing down the sweetness with some coffee.
I have found that I can't finish a bag of crunchies as one meal/snack so I use the leftovers between breakfast and lunch along with some cucumber salad. It seems to work and satisfies my salt cravings.
Closed Thread