IP Weekend Chat Sat 2/11 - Sun 2/12 - Page 12 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Default hard to let go

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!!

Wow, congrats to all those SVs and NSVs! It's always so inspiring to read other people's experiences, helps me to realize that I can do it too! And NewMom, congrats on Johns Hopkins, what an opportunity!

Hubby and I had a wonderful date last night at Red Lobster and I was able to just enjoy the little bit of alone time we had together, rather than feeling like I was missing out on something due to the food. It was a great feeling, and I actually really enjoyed my crab legs, broccoli, and salad. It has gotten COLD here in FL so I am staying hunkered down inside getting everything ready for a big consignment sale this weekend.

I also decided to do something I never thought I would do before and enter a contest for a local photographer. Since I have seen my body starting to change I am gaining more confidence in front of the mirror, but my old view of myself at 220 lbs is still the one I carry with me. I really think that if I get some photos taken (something I'm hoping to do regardless) it might help change my view of myself. It's kind of nerve wracking to step out of your box sometimes!!
It is amazing how we can have a freind lose weight and we dont remeber what they looked like before. However when it is us we tend to think of our old selves. Get your pictures made and enjoy every minute of it you have worked hard to get where you are.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #167  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme685 View Post
Had some incredibly good news today! My best friend got engaged today and she asked me to be her maid of honour!! I am so very excited - and now I have a time to reach my goal! I have never been more excited in my life. I can't wait to be a part of her big day, help plan her wedding, and throw her a shower and bachelorette party . This week just keeps getting better and better!
So excited for you! 40 years go my best friend did the same thing. She is in LA and I am in PA. She called just last week and it could just as well have been 40 years ago... Still great friends. Build wonderful memories. Smile. You'll look so beautiful and happy at your goal.
Closed Thread