Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly ann View Post
Actually said "No" to going out to dinner tonight. My friends were going out for Italian. There is no way that I would be able to sit through a dinner of pasta and fresh baked bread and eat a salad. I told my friend that I had to be good to myself and right now, that means not going out to certain restaurants. She was rather perplexed at first thinking I should just be strong. When I explained that I knew it was a bad situation for me because I love love love bread and pasta, she understood. It felt rather empowering.
Sometimes we just have to make choices that we know are best for us regardless of how others perceive it. So, good for you! I prefer not to go out too as it just makes things easier...the time will come when I'm back in the swing!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Great job Shellyann!! It IS empowering and a great feeling.

My husband is taking me out to dinner tonight for our anniversary. When I first started, 5 weeks ago, he asked me if this plan allowed me to have one night off so I could "enjoy" myself. I said, well, I could but it would set me back for about a week and it would be a waste of money, plus, physically just not worth it! So, can you guess what I am going to do? Stay 100% ON PLAN tonight at our dinner! It is a surprise as to where we are going. He even wants to blindfold me. LOL! I will stay OP and STILL ENJOY myself because what is worth it to me is the time spent with him, not the food.

I have lost 25lbs in 5 weeks and I don't want to mess it up!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

I remembered this morning how fun it is when the scale starts moving again. Last week the darn thing wouldn't budge and this week it keeps going down! I say all of this with a big smile on my face because I know my scale obsession is not a good thing. I know if I stay on program then the good weeks will happen and the slow weeks will happen and it is all part of the journey! But dang, the good weeks do put a smile on your face!
Old 02-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

It has been hard not eating out with friends. I did it a little, but found it was less stressful to just not eat out, and cheaper. My vision, when I'm in Phase 4, are the chicken enchiladas at my favorite Mexican restaurant....

I get really crabby when I go to the grocery store and want to grab everything I see, especially the sweets! No, no, no!!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #170  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkp888 View Post
It's been 4 months and a week since i've been on IP and I'm so happy to say that I've lost 60 pounds and I'm finally into the 170's. I love IP and Love being on it 100%.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Congratulations to everyone on their losses and NSV's as well...
Way to go!!!!! Congrats that's a huge loss and a huge commitment! Thanks for posting, it's so encouraging!!!! Awesome success! So proud of you!
Old 02-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkp888 View Post
It's been 4 months and a week since i've been on IP and I'm so happy to say that I've lost 60 pounds and I'm finally into the 170's.
Wow! You are my source of inspiration for the weekend! 💪
Old 02-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #172  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning everyone, I would like to say thank you to everyone for the Birthday Wishes yesterday. It made my day extra special coming from all of you.

I have to agree with Ishbel, If it wouldn't have been for this site I don't know if I would of come this far. This has been a valuable part of my weight loss and will continue to be even after I reach my goal. I know that there is ALWAYS a need for support and I will be around to give that. Some take it and some don't, I know that I have helped a few people along the way and that is all that matters. Whenever I first started, I would check everyone's stats and I knew there were a few of us that had to lose 100+pounds and I was like YES!!...I am not the ONLY one needing to lose that much even though I was the biggest one that I have seen on it. So I would follow everyone closely but really kept my eye on Rollercoaster, JellyMae, BusyMommy and Ishbel because I knew these would be the ones who would be in it as long as I would be on it....and here we are 10 months later ALL 4 of us OVER 100pounds GONE....FOREVER!!!....We have seen people make their goal and move on, we have seen people struggle, we have seen new people come but we are still here pushing forward til the end and beyond. Not just the 5 of us but EVERYONE of us HAS what it takes TO BE SUCCESSFUL.....YOU just have to FIND it within YOURSELF!!
You all are truly an inspiration for me as a newbie who still has over 100 pounds to go, but because of you I know I can be 100% OP until I get there. THANKS A BUNCH !
Old 02-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Good morning,

I am SOOO bummed out. IP decided to remove their products from all the smaller clinics that don't have 30 to 40 clients and my clinic is one of them So now i have to decide to either switch to their new line of products (called auraphyt, haven't done any research on it yet) and keep my coach or switch clinic, which i will then have to find one that still has their products and that one might be the one i was going when i first started with the HORRIBLE coach. But i like IP products and don't feel confident switching and if i'm going to switch, may as well do alternatives.

I bought 4 weeks worth of products so at least i have a little time to decide what to do.

My big problem is for when i will go in phase 3 and 4.... old clinic, hate the coach and don't want to deal with her...current clinic, new program so she won't be able to help me either.

But then again, i have all of you to help me right?????

My coach is really pissed...they've had this program at their clinic for 7 years...she said that back then, people didn't believe in a protein diet so IP pushed for clinics to carry their products but now that its very popular, they want to concentrate their products in weight loss clinics primarily and centers where they have a big clientele.

On the other hand...i had a great WI -4...super surprised!

Last edited by Busymomx4; 02-18-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning,

I am SOOO bummed out. IP decided to remove their products from all the smaller clinics that don't have 30 to 40 clients and my clinic is one of them So now i have to decide to either switch to their new line of products (called auraphyt, haven't done any research on it yet) and keep my coach or switch clinic, which i will then have to find one that still has their products and that one might be the one i was going when i first started with the HORRIBLE coach. But i like IP products and don't feel confident switching and if i'm going to switch, may as well do alternatives.

Busymomx4: Do you know if this is just in Canada or is it also in the US?
Old 02-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaB50NFabulous View Post
Busymomx4: Do you know if this is just in Canada or is it also in the US?
I have no idea, i don't even know if its everywhere in Canada or only where there's a number of clinics in close proximity (there's about 4 near me within a 15min radius).
Old 02-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #176  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
You all are truly an inspiration for me as a newbie who still has over 100 pounds to go, but because of you I know I can be 100% OP until I get there. THANKS A BUNCH !
I am glad that you can see it can be done because of what I have done. If you put your mind to it....anything is possible...Just remember YOU are WORTH EVERY PENNY of what you put into this program!

Quote:
Good morning,

I bought 4 weeks worth of products so at least i have a little time to decide what to do.

My big problem is for when i will go in phase 3 and 4.... old clinic, hate the coach and don't want to deal with her...current clinic, new program so she won't be able to help me either.

But then again, i have all of you to help me right?????

My coach is really pissed...they've had this program at their clinic for 7 years...she said that back then, people didn't believe in a protein diet so IP pushed for clinics to carry their products but now that its very popular, they want to concentrate their products in weight loss clinics primarily and centers where they have a big clientele.

Busy, You don't need to be bummed out. You have gain so much knowledge here and at your clinic that you can do anything. You have loss over 100lbs and have started a new path in life...healthy!...We have about the same left to go and if I was faced with what you are, I know that I could do this without a coach. I would come here for my support and go alternatives. Of course this is what I WOULD DO....not telling you what to do by no means. If it is accountability you need we could be here for that. I remember the rough time you had with the BAD coach and was so happy when you found the new one and the changes that you went through. Take that knowledge with you, I would not go back to the old coach knowing how she treated you and look how far you have come. I don't think you would have come as far as you have with her...do you? Whatever you choose to do remember WE are all HERE FOR YOU and will get you through to the end!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #177  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
[COLOR="Indigo"][B]
Busy, You don't need to be bummed out. You have gain so much knowledge here and at your clinic that you can do anything. You have loss over 100lbs and have started a new path in life...healthy!...We have about the same left to go and if I was faced with what you are, I know that I could do this without a coach. I would come here for my support and go alternatives. Of course this is what I WOULD DO....not telling you what to do by no means. If it is accountability you need we could be here for that. I remember the rough time you had with the BAD coach and was so happy when you found the new one and the changes that you went through. Take that knowledge with you, I would not go back to the old coach knowing how she treated you and look how far you have come. I don't think you would have come as far as you have with her...do you? Whatever you choose to do remember WE are all HERE FOR YOU and will get you through to the end!!!
Thank you wuv...and no, i don't think i would've done as well with the old coach. If i was to go there it would be ONLY to buy the products, no getting weight or dealing with the coach.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Planning a road trip with my husband for next month up the California coast. He is disappointed that I will be 100% OP (no wine, etc.). I assured him we can still have a wonderful time, but he now wants to wait until I am maintaining. Whatever, not budging on this one, the Coast will still be there when I am on maintenance. Hopefully he at some point will get how important this is for me and us!
Hubby and I had the same discussion. We're going on a weekend away next month (our first without kids!) and there are tons of wonderful wineries and things. I'm staying OP and don't mind watching him taste the wine. Maybe we'll even splurge on a really nice bottle to celebrate his homecoming and me being at goal. And you're right the coast will still be there, great way to look at it!

Quote:
Actually said "No" to going out to dinner tonight. My friends were going out for Italian. There is no way that I would be able to sit through a dinner of pasta and fresh baked bread and eat a salad. I told my friend that I had to be good to myself and right now, that means not going out to certain restaurants. She was rather perplexed at first thinking I should just be strong. When I explained that I knew it was a bad situation for me because I love love love bread and pasta, she understood. It felt rather empowering.
That's awesome!! I was having the same thoughts about canceling the dinner out I had planned with a friend tonight just because the restaurant has a very limited menu and it wouldn't have been easy to stay OP. We wound up having to cancel for a different reason, but it's always empowering to make the decisions you know are best for you.

Quote:
Good morning,

That's nuts!! I hope you can come to some kind of agreement. Is it IP bringing out this new brand or is that just a different company your clinic is going with? If there are so many within just a few miles maybe you can find another clinic that's not your old one? GL to you!! It's a hard decision!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Way to go! Nice job standing up for what is right FOR YOU! Self care is important on this journey. It is too easy for people who say we should just be strong to become people who say a little taste won't hurt. No point putting yourself in a tougher position.

Quote:
Good morning, I am SOOO bummed out. IP decided to remove their products from all the smaller clinics that don't have 30 to 40 clients and my clinic is one of them ...... I bought 4 weeks worth of products so at least i have a little time to decide what to do. ..... On the other hand...i had a great WI -4...super surprised!
Ouch - that hurts. You were very wise to buy ahead and give yourself some time to think calmly & rationally what your next step will be. Could you check out the other clinics for a new coach - even go every other week if the drive to another clinic is a bit inconvenient? Your situation has me thinking what I would do.....

(please hold while I open yet another tab on my browser & google )

Thanks for holding. Just had to say YOU ROCK with a BIG -4 this week!

Maybe WUV can swing through and be your personal coach....you know she got a new bike this week.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #180  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

DH took me out for lunch today. I checked the carbs on the meat I planned to eat before we went, brought my own celery, cabbage, oil & vinegar to add to the salad and WOW...100% OP and I didn't have to do dishes. Plus, it was YUMMY!!!

This is the first diet I have ever been able to stick to. But then again, this is the first time I ever decided I wasn't going to quit, no matter what, till I got to goal!
Closed Thread