Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmink View Post
Hi everyone,
I've also been lurking around for a few weeks reading and staying encouraged by all of your successes, but quite frustrated with mine. I've had 3 weigh-ins and lost a whopping total of 6.4 pounds.
Lilmink
I had lost quite slow as well but didn't realize I should be having 8oz of protein at supper time which is a LOT of food. Once I increased my protein it seemed to make a difference, also I tend to break up the 8oz as there is no way I can polish that off in one sitting.

I've started having a cold boiled egg with my lunch and then eat around 6oz of meat at night. I have always spread out my food.

I have my breakfast and a couple hours later I will have my snack (2 cups of veggies), couple hours later my lunch (IP soup) and a couple hours later a bowl of lettuce and a hard boiled egg, supper at home is 2 cups of veggies some lettuce and 6oz of protein, couple hours later my snack (bar or southwestern curls)
Old 01-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #182  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Umm. Males have hormones, too. Just saying.
I say this often enough to a friend...I need to remember it sometimes thanks for that reminder Linden
Old 01-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
I always find it sort of rediculous that people can just say one bite...
These kind of people bother me. Its like their jealousy comes out... Considering I used to be about 40lbs heavier than she was...
Actually these people may not be trying to sabotage you and may not be jealous. Think back before you went on this diet, would you have thought that one bite would make a difference to someone else, most likely not. This diet is very different considering the sugar can put you out of ketosis, I for one never even heard about ketosis before.

Most people think of a diet is "limiting the number of calories" therefore you could have a bite of cake and take something out of the equation - at least that is where I was coming from prior to learning IP

You are doing really well - keep it up
Old 01-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #184  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskastarr View Post
Thanks Purple Sky I am honestly happy with my weight loss, I think what frustrates me more is my hubby...he is uber competitive and he WANTS to lose tons more than me it seems...it almost feels like he is subtly rubbing it in my face. I could possibly be hormonal because I've felt like it's that TOM for over a week now without it presenting itself (apparently this program does that to women) so I'm just trying to breathe through it all and keep moving moving moving toward my goal
Ah, that was the one thing our coach warned us about before we started. She said that couples are very competitive and men lose more quickly and in larger amounts then women. She warned us.

But, just think about this. Who's cuter? Who is gonna come out of this just looking fabulous in her dresses or jeans or whatever you prefer to wear. The couple thing is hard because you want to be supportive just as you would if you were not doing with them but at the same point there is a little resentment at each weigh in.

I think about the pictures we are going to take (and how many photos I do not have from the last few years or longer. just stopped doing them.) Looking forward to that.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #185  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskastarr View Post
Thanks Purple Sky I am honestly happy with my weight loss, I think what frustrates me more is my hubby...he is uber competitive and he WANTS to lose tons more than me it seems...it almost feels like he is subtly rubbing it in my face. I could possibly be hormonal because I've felt like it's that TOM for over a week now without it presenting itself (apparently this program does that to women) so I'm just trying to breathe through it all and keep moving moving moving toward my goal
Remember that men always lose quicker than women. It is just how they are built and their body works. I know it must be very frustraighting. My husband wanted to go on IP with me. It was a bit of a financial burden for both of us and I have alot more weight to lose than he. Honestly, I was also concerned that it would bum me out if he lost more weekly and he is a bit competative too but supportive.

Maybe come clean with your husband and let him know it is bothering you and that this is not a competition. This is for your health and to make a life change in your eating habbit.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #186  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Thanks Navymommy.

I work from home and go in and out to appointments all day, so my food timing is certainly not normal. But my normal day is a cappuccino drink packet around 6:30-7am, sometimes mixed with water, sometimes with 6-8oz decaf coffee.

Around 10:30am a fine herb and cheese omelet packet with 2 cups of mixed veggies. Could be any combo of broccoli, asparagus, red pepper, boc choy, spinach, zucchini, cauliflower. Pretty much whatever veggies are left over from dinner the night before. Veggies are frequently tossed with fresh parsley or basil for flavor and usually made with a good amount of minced garlic.

Around 3-4pm I eat my big meal. 6-8oz of lean red meat, chicken breast, shrimp, scallops, halibut, mahi mahi with 2 cups of veggies or 2 cups of lettuce with lemon, water, mustard seed and a variety of other dried spices.

Around 8pm a chocolate drink packet made in to hot chocolate, which I look forward to all day!

My 2 tsps of olive oil are either all with the veggies, or if needed split partially with the protein. I measure the veggies dry and add the olive oil accordingly to make sure there's 1 tsp per cup.

Usually on Wednesdays I switch out the omelet with the oatmeal and have veggies in the evening, because I have an early meeting and I walk out super hungry and the oatmeal is easy to bring to the office.

And I always drink at least three 750ml jugs of water. Sometimes add in some herbal tea if it's chilly.

There you have it. I'm going to Costa Rica in April for a vacation mostly in a bathing suit and had hoped to drop most of the weight by the end of Feb, but at this pace, it's the end of March at best, not leaving me much time for the next phases.

Definitely open to suggestions on how to speed this up!

Thanks
Lilmink, I don't really have suggestions on how to speed this up as I am a slow loser myself. Just keep in mind that sometimes people who are shorter lose weight a little more slower than others. Sometimes it's the amount of weight you have to lose and sometimes it is just your body. It does not want to give up the weight. I don't know if it is realistic to drop most of your goal weight within a 2 month period. It takes time. IP quotes 3-5 pounds per week for a woman but that is an average. I think 2-4 might be more realistic.

All that being said, CA is very expensive. So, I am now seriously thinking about alternatives for down the line, at least the later phases. And per your other post, I agree with others, your coach misses some key points. But, that is what this forum is for. As you spend time on it, you will get tips and ideas from others. For example, some people eat just about the same thing every day in terms of food and IP products. I change it up a bit. The variety seems to help me but that is just me. There are issues with what is termed the Big C and the Big D. Basically, what goes in needs to come out. Some have problems with that. For me, when I started changing things up a bit, it seemed to help. Everyone is different and a little experimentation may yield different results. Some experiment with IP packets. I have not been too successful with that - tummy issues. Some days I can drink Mio. Some days it increases cravings for me so I stop. It took me a while, after reading these boards, trying some things others tried to see what worked for me. Sometimes I find some food, IP and regular that I enjoy and I think I can eat this everyday but my body might not react well so for a while I have to change to some food that my taste buds are not screaming for.

As well, I have also noticed that sometimes when you stop thinking about weight and the pounds and the numbers and how they are going up or down or stalling, the weight just leaves. I don't know if it is your body messing with you or stress or what. You have done well so far, including your pre-IP loss. I, too, lost pre-IP and my initial weight loss was s/w underwhelming. Even my coach commented. But, after I was miffed and crabby, I got back on the scale that weekend and liked what I saw. My weekly WI's below don't reflect it but my weight loss has actually been very consistent based on what I had seen at home. I have to wait 2-4 days to see a pound leave and that is just me. It could even slow down. I hope it doesn't but it took a while to get the weight on. And it has most definitely been hanging around too long. So, I am like, 'leave already'. But, summer will come...

Sorry I went on and on but at my height it took me a while to understand that I will almost certainly fall below the national averages. Hang in there. You are doing awesome. Costa Rica, here you come.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 233/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks and thought I would introduce myself. I'm a 58 year old mom of 2 and grandma of 4 and have had issues with weight since I was 10 years old. I've had success taking off lots of weight lots of times and been more successful putting it all right back on, always with a few more pounds to boot. I have some issues with high blood pressure and hyperthyroidism...yes hyper not hypo....and 2 years ago my metabolism went into overdrive and the weight fell off but the levels have come down a bit and the weight, plus more, is back.

I had sort of decided that I was going to go to WW until I was at my hair salon and saw that the owner seemed to have lost quite a bit of weight. I asked my stylist what she was doing and she told me, Ideal Protein. I hadn't heard of it before so came home and started to research it, which led me here where I've been ever since (maybe a bit obsessively even).

I started on IP on Jan 25 so this is my 5th day. I will never cheat as for me it's usually all or nothing. I haven't had much trouble til today and I am SO HUNGRY and have been most of the day.

The support on this forum and the weight loss successes are incredible and have kept me going today. There's so much positive encouragement and kindness that I think that anybody that came here could reach their goals, simply because of it and I feel blessed to have found it. Thank you to each of you.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsbest4me View Post
Hi everyone. I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks and thought I would introduce myself. I'm a 58 year old mom of 2 and grandma of 4 and have had issues with weight since I was 10 years old. I've had success taking off lots of weight lots of times and been more successful putting it all right back on, always with a few more pounds to boot. I have some issues with high blood pressure and hyperthyroidism...yes hyper not hypo....and 2 years ago my metabolism went into overdrive and the weight fell off but the levels have come down a bit and the weight, plus more, is back.

I had sort of decided that I was going to go to WW until I was at my hair salon and saw that the owner seemed to have lost quite a bit of weight. I asked my stylist what she was doing and she told me, Ideal Protein. I hadn't heard of it before so came home and started to research it, which led me here where I've been ever since (maybe a bit obsessively even).

I started on IP on Jan 25 so this is my 5th day. I will never cheat as for me it's usually all or nothing. I haven't had much trouble til today and I am SO HUNGRY and have been most of the day.

The support on this forum and the weight loss successes are incredible and have kept me going today. There's so much positive encouragement and kindness that I think that anybody that came here could reach their goals, simply because of it and I feel blessed to have found it. Thank you to each of you.
Welcome!
Old 01-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Thanks Navymommy.

I work from home and go in and out to appointments all day, so my food timing is certainly not normal. But my normal day is a cappuccino drink packet around 6:30-7am, sometimes mixed with water, sometimes with 6-8oz decaf coffee.

Around 10:30am a fine herb and cheese omelet packet with 2 cups of mixed veggies. Could be any combo of broccoli, asparagus, red pepper, boc choy, spinach, zucchini, cauliflower. Pretty much whatever veggies are left over from dinner the night before. Veggies are frequently tossed with fresh parsley or basil for flavor and usually made with a good amount of minced garlic.

Around 3-4pm I eat my big meal. 6-8oz of lean red meat, chicken breast, shrimp, scallops, halibut, mahi mahi with 2 cups of veggies or 2 cups of lettuce with lemon, water, mustard seed and a variety of other dried spices.

Around 8pm a chocolate drink packet made in to hot chocolate, which I look forward to all day!

My 2 tsps of olive oil are either all with the veggies, or if needed split partially with the protein. I measure the veggies dry and add the olive oil accordingly to make sure there's 1 tsp per cup.

Usually on Wednesdays I switch out the omelet with the oatmeal and have veggies in the evening, because I have an early meeting and I walk out super hungry and the oatmeal is easy to bring to the office.

And I always drink at least three 750ml jugs of water. Sometimes add in some herbal tea if it's chilly.

There you have it. I'm going to Costa Rica in April for a vacation mostly in a bathing suit and had hoped to drop most of the weight by the end of Feb, but at this pace, it's the end of March at best, not leaving me much time for the next phases.

Definitely open to suggestions on how to speed this up!

Thanks
It really looks like you're doing a bang up job! The only suggestion I have is to decrease your EVOO (extra virgin Olive Oil) from 2 tsp to 1 tsp per day. (My clinic says I should have 1-2 so I stick with 1 to speed things up). Check out veggies that are low car...(I have no clue which ones are and would have to google it..) I can only guess that celery and cucumbers are. So, if they are..try eating two cups of those for at least one meal a day...that should help!!! I know I want this over ASAP and try to minimize as much as I can!!! good luck!!! and let us know how it goes!
Old 01-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Actually the opposite with the olive oil worked for me. I wasn't getting in the 2 tsp. When I make sure to get it in I lose much better.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #191  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
It really looks like you're doing a bang up job! The only suggestion I have is to decrease your EVOO (extra virgin Olive Oil) from 2 tsp to 1 tsp per day. (My clinic says I should have 1-2 so I stick with 1 to speed things up). Check out veggies that are low car...(I have no clue which ones are and would have to google it..) I can only guess that celery and cucumbers are. So, if they are..try eating two cups of those for at least one meal a day...that should help!!! I know I want this over ASAP and try to minimize as much as I can!!! good luck!!! and let us know how it goes!
Please. Please don't decrease your oil. If anything, increase it. A little research might help here, for your own sakes -- not because I'm trying to be the teacher and asking you to look it up.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #192  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsbest4me View Post

Another Lurker coming out....awesome!!!...Welcome and congrats on making one of the best decisions in your life starting IP!!.....

I have more than the 2tsp of olive oil a day, I eat it on my cucumbers every day along with rice vinegar, mrs dash, red peeper flakes, splenda, onion flakes and creole seasoning...its quiet yummy. I don't measure it I jsut pour it honestly, not like a cup or anything but I would say its probably like 1/8 cup or so
Old 01-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Too little fat can also make potential hair loss worse...
Old 01-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #194  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay View Post
good-morning all. i'm a newbie and have mostly just been reading lots here and gaining encouragement and advice that way. today i need some direction and advice. can anyone relate to this? i have been on IP since the 10th (19 days now) and have a total loss of 7lbs... however this past week i have not lost a thing. i'm fairly sure it's hormonal but am going thru menopause and have irregular TOM's. my weight tends to fluctuate anyway quite a bit throughout the month. anyway, can anyone tell me if this is normal and maybe let me know that once this passes i'll quite possibly have a huge (hopefully!) weight drop? thanks so much. i really need the encouragement today...
Hi Emkay,

I am starting my 4th week and experienced no loss at all on the 2nd weigh in. 3rd weigh in showed -4 lbs though, so I say stick with it and don't dwell on the scale too much. 11 lbs for me since the beginning and I am a slow loser.

Hang in there !
Old 01-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Yes I am beginning to think the olive oil allottment is a secret weapon against fat.
Closed Thread