Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassfedbeef View Post
We are going to some friends house for supper and kids birthday party tonight. My water bottle is ready as well as a cabbage salad with chicken. I am really looking forward to my salad. I love how my cravings have completely changed over the last 4 months!
That's one of the coolest things about this diet...your cravings pretty much disappear!!! Woo hoo!!! I dread my TOM though and fortunately will only have two more times to go through it on Phase I!!! TOM is when I do crave a lot more...
Old 01-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #92  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly ann View Post
I agree!! Love the Mango Drink. I like to keep one in the car. Sometimes I have a late night at work and drink in on my way home. I have a long drive depending on traffic. At other times, I'll add some water to it since it's very thick and savor it an extra long time. I have had a delicious mango salsa in the past and was wondering if I could use the mango drink to imitate it.
I just stuck a few ice cubes in mine and it was wonderful. I think I might try making a smoothie out of it sometime in my bullet. I bet that would be really good.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #93  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
YUP!!.....you can spread your veggies out throughout the day. I had my cucumber earlier and I am now having my shake. and Yes you are correct, herbal teas count toward your water!...You are learning the program quiet well!!...it will become like the back of your hand before you know it!
And the salt lick for the front of my hand. Sorry... I am corny like that.
I just started doing it. Seems to help for other things like if you are just not feeling great and low energy.
Thanx Wuv.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #94  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs463 View Post
Hi,

I was lucky enough not to get bad head pain or some of the other effects this program can have on some in the beginning. I know they say if you put some sea salt on the palm of your hand, lick it off and drink water it should go away. I would try it. Eveyone says it helps.

I have been on the plan for three weeks am very happy with it. As far as the sight goes I think the best thing to do in the beginning, which is what I do, is to go to the UserCP tab at the top of the page in purple and sign up for email. This way you will get your replies to your email. It is very helpful. Otherwise the only other thing I know to do is to look at the left side of each thread and if there is an arrow pointing kind of downward it means you posted on that thread and then just look through and find your post. Honestly, signing up to receive the emails is so much easier.

Good luck on your journey. It is well worth it.
Thank you all so much, I will try the salt trick! I did break down and have some aleve but every morning thus far I have had a headache so I will give salt a try

I'm so excited to be here twice today instead of giving in to cravings I read and posted!! I'm not super hungrey but been missing some munchie foods! Can anoyone tell me more abou the chips! How do you make them?
Old 01-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #95  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
That's one of the coolest things about this diet...your cravings pretty much disappear!!! Woo hoo!!! I dread my TOM though and fortunately will only have two more times to go through it on Phase I!!! TOM is when I do crave a lot more...
the only cravings I have are during my TOM as well
Old 01-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

I have had such a fun day today. I slept in, then breakfasted on a blueberry pancake (ProtiDiet) with WF blueberry spread. Then I went shopping at Savers and found a nice pair of brown slacks and a sweater. The last time I wore my old brown pants a co-worker told me "Those are WAY too big! Don't ever wear them again!" So I am not going to!! Then I went to WalMart and among other things, splurged a bit on Neutrogena body oil to pamper myself. When I got home, my order from Nashua Nutrition had come, and I just tried a new bar -- ProtiDiet Lemon Meringue. OH MY GOSH!!! It is the best thing ever. Even if you don't use alternatives, these are worth a try if you like lemon.

I was also reflecting on the changes in my life. I, also, have noticed that I am less moody. And it just really surprises me how much denial I was in ("I don't look THAT bad; I deserve it; Everyone is so obsessed with being skinny; People can just accept me the way I am; blah blah blah). Somehow I even convinced myself that I was really happy that way. But, the difference between then and now is just night and day and my eyes have really been opened in so many ways. Now, I did NOT expect that from a DIET!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #97  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
From my experience they don't last long. I made them for lunch (and made too much) so I saved the extra for dinner and they were limpy. I had to put them back in the over to crisp them up again... Good idea though! On another note...the thing I did wrong when I first began to eat them was to overeat them...and it messed with my weight loss. I was eating four cups cooked! They are so good so I would tell myself..if I broke them all up they would only make two cups!!! LOL!!! But, do whatever you're happy with...I had them again today and premeasured them raw and the amount I had was much smaller than what I use to have...but maybe you're smarter than me and not "overeating" on them!!! : )They are good!!! And very addictive! Feels like a total cheat!
Could you compare them to any chips on the market? What do they taste like? Like if you had to say they're like BBQ (lol) or sour cream and onion, what would you say? I realize they aren't potato chips but I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into before I commit... thanks!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #98  
Ericaceae

S/C/G: Started IP 12.12.11

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBNJENNISANDWICH View Post
Could you compare them to any chips on the market? What do they taste like? Like if you had to say they're like BBQ (lol) or sour cream and onion, what would you say? I realize they aren't potato chips but I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into before I commit... thanks!
I don't think I could compare them to anything on the market, but they are def worth trying out. I was skeptical at first, now I love, love, love them. I like to sprinkle a little bit of Malt Salt on them when they are done baking so they taste like salt and vinegar chips. Mmmm! I have read somewhere that is the trick to getting them crispy, don't salt them until after they have baked and don't let them turn brown while baking or they get a bitter taste. Give 'em a try, you won't be sorry. =)
Old 01-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Hope everyone is having an awesome day!

I went to Babies R Us to pick up some "safety" items for the house since my little man is crawling all over the place. Then, we went to Famous Daves bar-b-que for lunch. A HUGE temptation for me.......but, very happy to report I had a salad (minus the croutons, cheese and bacon bits) with oil, grilled salmon and broccoli. The bar-b-que smelled really good but I stuck with my salmon and broccoli! YUM! It has been a great day!

I am so happy to hear about everyone's losses! Great job!

I have not had a loss in two days- my body is finally adjusting to things so I know to be patient and it will move along.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
So today after hearing that I had lost 8lbs and 5.5 inches after my first week,
I went to explore more food options. Has any one tried the Walden Farms french salad dressing?
I am so motivated to keep this up, it's hard not to smile!
I had told my husband that if I didn't loose I was giving up! Morale of this story is DONT GIVE UP! Even if I have a small loss next week I just might make it out of the 200's.... WOW that would be my weight after I delivered my 27 year old son! Thanks everyone! Keep moving forward and keep the faith!
There is a whole thread about the different WF items. I can see if I can find it and bump it for you. I think the verdict on most of the products is "it depends" I personally don't like any of them that I've tried (I've only tried the Salad dressings) but some people swear by them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadytobeHealthy View Post
Day 4 and I feel pretty dang good I am a very pessimistic person and have trouble thinking that any diet will work for me, as I have tried everything. But I am trying to keep a positive perspective. I found that I hate a lot of the puddings, I love the milk choc drink tastes like thick choc milk The puddings kinda make me wanna gag.. lol.. I am not much of a cooker but I think I am going to have to bust out some of these recipes. Is it safe to do it in the first couple weeks???

Oh and does anyone else have diabetes that has to take insulin on here? I have a few questions for ya if you are experienced!!!!!

Thanks Ladies, have a wonderful weekend!!!
Way to go! Days 3-4 tend to be the roughest so that's great you're over the hump! Keep an open mind and try some of the things again that you don't like now a couple weeks into the program. I think you might be surprised how your tastes change and something you couldn't stand before now becomes appealing.

Quote:
No, they're really not like any chips on the market. I flavored mine just with olive oil and salt and they were alright, but I'm not in a big hurry to make them again. I know some people make them with hot sauce and that might up the flavor. If you found a seasoning you really liked (I think Land o Lakes has a sour cream one) that might make them better and more like a 'chip' too.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #101  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm so excited that I found a new clinic to go to for the IP program and I really like my new coach. I got such a good feeling at the new place and the pricing is what it should be, so I got an extra case of choc ready puddings for back-up as they're not restricted. I got weighed in there today too and I'm down another 2.6 lbs since Monday,which makes me feel great - 10.6 lbs down in 2 weeks!!!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #102  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmt1372 View Post
I don't think I could compare them to anything on the market, but they are def worth trying out. I was skeptical at first, now I love, love, love them. I like to sprinkle a little bit of Malt Salt on them when they are done baking so they taste like salt and vinegar chips. Mmmm! I have read somewhere that is the trick to getting them crispy, don't salt them until after they have baked and don't let them turn brown while baking or they get a bitter taste. Give 'em a try, you won't be sorry. =)
That's what I was worried about was that they would be like salt and vinegar, which I don't like....dang!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #103  

I just had the best dinner I usually am very happy with a dinner of eggs or fish and whatever veggies we had on hand but I'm trying to get the freezer cleaned out and found a bag of frozen shrimp 1/2 full from when I went to a potluck.

I wanted to try some kind of 'scampi' so I sauteed garlic in olive oil for a couple minutes and added 6oz shrimp (you could use 8oz but these were pre-cooked so they were probably 8oz raw). I sauteed that again for another couple of minutes with some sea salt and then added just a dash of low sodium soy sauce. The shrimp generated a lot of liquid so I let it cook down for a few minutes and poured it over my 2c broccoli and cauliflower (steamed). Delicious!!

This is something I'll make again post IP. That's two in 1 week, a new record for me!

Last edited by NavyMommy; 01-28-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #104  

Quote:
That's what I was worried about was that they would be like salt and vinegar, which I don't like....dang!
I think it's the malt salt she adds to them that makes them like salt and vinegar, they don't taste like salt and vinegar normally.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I like Kale Chips as salt and vinegar but I'm pretty sure 2Ride has used smoked paprika and chilli powder to make a BBQ Chip. Google it see what options you have...I haven't ventured far past salt and vinegar because I love them like that. Oh, a friend of mine used lemon pepper on her's.

...all this talk of Kale Chips made me run out to get some and Navymommy's idea of the Land o' Lakes sour cream means I'm having both salt and vinegar and sour cream tonight...can't wait!
Closed Thread